[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Edutainment "New 'Civilization' Game Will Be Sold
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 18.jpg (45 KB, 425x396) Image search: [Google]
Mavis Beacon Teaches Typing 18.jpg
45 KB, 425x396
How does /v/ feel about games as an education tool?

Did they help you retain knowledge that was applicable in your adult world?

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2016/06/24/civilizationedu-classroom-version-civilization-v-announced/
>>
>In the fall of 2017, a special version of Civilization V will be made available for schools to use as an educational tool. "CivilizationEDU will provide students with the opportunity to think critically and create historical events, consider and evaluate the geographical ramifications of their economic and technological decisions, and to engage in systems thinking and experiment with the causal/correlative relationships between military, technology, political and socioeconomic development," announced Take-Two Interactive Software.

"We are incredibly proud to lend one of our industry's most beloved series to educators to use as a resource to inspire and engage students further..." said the company's CEO. "I can't think of a better interactive experience to help challenge and shape the minds of tomorrow's leaders."
>>
This reminds me of when one of my teachers in high school let us play Quake to build "teamwork" skills.
>>
>>342989623
I'm using this to get my WPM up.
Chameleon Picnic is the GOAT
>>
I've been trying to find the music that endlessly repeated in the early-2000s version of Mavis Beacon that I used to use for ages. Apparently not even vidya soundtrack youtube uploaders are autistic enough to rip based Mavis Beacon music.
>>
>>342990262
SCRATCH THAT, SOMEONE PUT IT UP.

THE MADMAN!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wjyyPTYGJEA
>>
>>342989945
What class was it?
>>
Did you know Mavis Beacon isn't an actual person?
>>342990559
Speech
>>
File: the smile of spongebob.jpg (83 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
the smile of spongebob.jpg
83 KB, 1920x1080
>>342990605
>Did you know Mavis Beacon isn't an actual person?
She's black! She's three fifths of a person.
>>
File: Laughing Dante.png (130 KB, 274x385) Image search: [Google]
Laughing Dante.png
130 KB, 274x385
>>342990794
>>
>>342989623
this is commoncore propaganda. you can make a game with 99% factual historic records, but then add a sliver of a lie, and people will believe that lie.

and I don't expect a sliver. Kids aren't learn history of the 20th century because it's their parents and grandparents time, and we don't want them like their elders. :^)
>>
>>342990605
>Speech

Hello fellow Special Ed.
>>
File: Motorzawa.jpg (15 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
Motorzawa.jpg
15 KB, 480x360
>>342991286
More like hello easy credit.
>>
>>342990794
Damn that old timey humor is refreshing. Like Mint Julip on a hot day. I giggled while covering my mouth with my kerchief.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.