[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm liking it so far, but is it just me or is it even easier
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (235 KB, 1024x937) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
235 KB, 1024x937
I'm liking it so far, but is it just me or is it even easier than usual Kirby games?
>>
>>342985702
I guess.
Though meta knight returns is really good at the end and true arena too.
>>
>is it just me or is it even easier than usual Kirby games?
It's the usual Kirby fare.
Thinking any main game has been harder is a placebo. The little bits of "challenge" are in the unlockable modes, something set in stone since the first game.
>>
>>342986024
Amazing Mirror has some actual challenge if you don't constantly call for three Kirby AIs to come help.
>>
>>342986735
>Amazing Mirror has some actual challenge
There's the placebo I was talking about.
>>
>>342986878
It's not a placebo though. The base content the game throws it you demands more of you, because it's designed for 4 players.
>>
>>342986024
Dude, I got Kirby's dream collection the other day and Dream Land 3 rocked my shit. The older games were harder for sure.
>>
>>342986878
The game becomes a joke the second you finish Candy Constellation, Carrot Castle, and Peppermint Palace.
>>
File: Kirby_stand.gif (25 KB, 563x504) Image search: [Google]
Kirby_stand.gif
25 KB, 563x504
>>342987062
>because it's designed for 4 players
Except it really isn't. Aside from very few puzzles requiring multiple players inhaling, Kirby can handle any enemy or boss thrown at him. You can never be unprepared for any fight thanks to gratuitous health handouts and more locations to obtain abilities from. You really don't even need the cellphone.
>>342987132
Dream Land 3 gives you twice the health of any Kirby game and unlike Super Star or the latter games, all attacks take away the same amount of health. It's one of the easiest.
>>
Robobot feels easier because it is easier. It's designed around the same core aspects as RtDL and Triple Deluxe, where they remove a lot of threats to cater to the collectables hidden in each level, making nearly every level just a straight plain run from A to B, occasionally stopping to solve a puzzle for the mandatory cubes. Meta Knight Returns puts emphasis on this since you're skipping collectables and running straight to the end, which takes roughly an hour given how bland level design is. Also, nearly every single ability has an invincibility move tied to it, making most boss fights a breeze regardless of what powerup you're stuck with.

At least True Arena is okay,
>>
>>342987485
>Kirby can handle any enemy or boss thrown at him.
I'm not saying he can't. I'm saying they're noticeably more difficult than in the single player (and drop-in co-op with special non-Kirby partners) games.
Though, yes, by the time you have a lot of health, this is no longer as true.

Like >>342987950 is sort of alluding to, and I thought about saying, abilities in modern Kirby games are also much more powerful than in the past.
Every ability does decent if not fantastic damage.
Almost every ability has some easily exploitable period of invincibility. Sometimes even indefinite invincibility like with stone, leaf, and archer.
Almost every ability is more of a jack of all trades than abilities in the past, which were more specialized and situational.
>>
File: stKdd[1].png (245 KB, 1088x604) Image search: [Google]
stKdd[1].png
245 KB, 1088x604
I liked the story this time.
The last few levels were emotional for me, especially the ending.
You get to revisit every mini-boss and blow them to bits with your flying machine.
And I liked how you get the real ending once you complete the arena and meta knight returns.
Galacta knight is badass though.
Fucking more badass then meta knight.
In all honesty, Meta knight seriously needs another spinoff game, possibly including more "knights" such as the meta knights themselves. Maybe even galacta knight could get a game, like "galacta knight kills eldritch monsters"

In summary, the final boss fights are epic but everything else is pretty bland.
The game might've been better if it were in proper 3d, It might've felt a lot more "epic".

Also
Is galacta knight kirby from the future? Maybe not, the anime says he's his grandfather, but most game cartoons aren't canon, like sonic underground.
>>
>>342988710
>the anime says he's his grandfather
Galacta Knight didn't even exist until Super Star Ultra, a game made 5 years after the anime ended.
>>
>>342988924
Fuck then my sources are wrong
>>
>>342988710
>the anime says he's his grandfather

>>342989109
>Fuck then my sources are wrong

Are your sources fan fiction?
>>
File: infinite.png (1 MB, 1590x738) Image search: [Google]
infinite.png
1 MB, 1590x738
>>342988710

Isn't kirby only a baby?
It would make sense that if kirby was trained by meta knight (like in the anime) he'd eventually become both able to harness his ultimate power and become the greatest warrior ever, and also a total edgelord and start dressing like meta knight.
Plus, both kirby and galacta are pink
>>
>>342985702
any download links for the ost?
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.