[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>tfw regret buying digital games Anyone else still prefer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1455219954453.png (53 KB, 196x151) Image search: [Google]
1455219954453.png
53 KB, 196x151
>tfw regret buying digital games

Anyone else still prefer physical media?
>>
I don't care either way
>>
buy cases, 5 dollars each
>>
I'm 50/50, in all honesty, which is something I never thought would happen. I was staunchly physical, but I''m slowly easing into digital. It's more convenient and in some cases cheaper, but I haven't forsaken physical altogether.

I only by physical movies, though.
>>
>>342983559
I get it when I can.
Much better than digital especially for consoles because PSN and Live are both pieces of fucking dogshit and whoever is responsible for running them should be dragged out into the street and publicly executed.
>>
I've been thinking about buying retail versions of the games that I like the most from my Steam library.

Fortunately my library is quite small, so I could do it without spending too much money and feeling too guilty.

I've already done that once when I bought the first Witcher. Funny how that happened given how much I hated that game initially.
>>
>>342983773
Pretty much this.
I'm a bit of a hoarder and swore I'd never buy digital, but it's often a lot cheaper and more convenient.
I try to only buy digital if it's a game I'm on the fence about
>>
>>342983559
entirely regret it.
>>
Depends.

I like physical more but some games aren't worth going to the store to get or waiting 4 days to come in the mail. Also pc games don't come physically anymore.
>>
>>342983559
I pirate all games, put them on my HDD which is mirrored through RAID1 in case of mechanical failure and buy the games I liked digitaly.
I have ALL my games in a small little case including mods, patches and all that stuff.
No need to worry about scratches, games being altered in retrospect or entierly pulled from the net, always the option to download the legit versions.
Everybody wins.
>>
>>342985184
till your hard drives die after 10 years and then there's no download links
>>
>>342985434
>HDD which is mirrored through RAID1

Did you actually read what I posted?
>>
>>342983773
>>342984748
I'm about to make the move from listening music exclusively on YouTube and I have a long list of albums that I want to get.

I'm not repeating this mistake twice.
>>
>>342983559

I have ~450 games between various services, so no, I don't miss physical media at all.
>>
>>342983559
I "prefer" physical media in the sense that if stores in the same general region are offering physical and digital products at my convenience, I'd pick the physical every single time.

But certain games that I enjoy are digital-only in my home country of Clapistan, and I'd rather just get the digital release than go through the hassle of importing a physical one.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.