[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
THE DIVISION 1.3 UNERGROUND UPDATE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2
File: PatchNotes_Header_256864.jpg (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PatchNotes_Header_256864.jpg
2 MB, 1920x1080
>http://tomclancy-thedivision.ubi.com/game/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:174-256432-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

Theres no /tcdg/ on vg so who is still playing division and lets talk about the new update?
its tomorrorw
>>
File: 1466494006477.png (102 KB, 246x225) Image search: [Google]
1466494006477.png
102 KB, 246x225
It's the same tunnels over and over again.
It's shit.
New "gearsets" is actually a fucking selling point
Game is dead
Still filled with hackers
RANDOMLY GENERATED

I hope you invested your 110$ in something different than the Division. And all i wanted was a mix of Gears and Warframe...
>>
>>342979430

No one cares.
Massive is a bunch of amateurs.
Ubi should either give it to different team or just give refunds and stop this shit.

Massive devs literally cant write RNG code, already proven by many problems and errors of the game and now they sell RNG as DLC?

This is going to turn out even worse than the huge nerf patch.
>>
>>342979430
Does it fix the broken as fuck SMG crit chance? I love being downed by someone whos gun crits every 3rd shot.
>>
>>342979430
Who the fuck still plays this shit. I regret buying it and wasting my time even getting to max level.
>>
>>342979912
Not their fault they were forced to make a TPS/RPG game, they're used to making RTS games like World in Conflict.
>>
>>342979430
>Guys we should totally make more sewer levels in our game, people love these
>Wait, even better! Let's make a whole DLC with nothing but sewer levels!!
said no one ev..
Actually ubisoft might be that retarded.
>>
>>342980035

There is no excuse for not being able to write RNG.
You learn it in the first month of programming for fucks sake.
>>
>>342980052
they aren't even real levels, just random tiles connected to each other and filled with trashmobs.
>>
>>342980298
congrats you just described any sewer level every made.
>>
>>342980705
Now i feel stupid
>>
>>342979912
If you're talking about the sealed cache link to time, it's not bad RNG, but imperfect. Standard for RNG is to take the base number and modulate it with an evanescent variable, usually time. They could add another modulation pass through a unique player ID, but is that really necessary?

>>342979920
Yes, actually. 1.3 weapon rebalance changes SMG inherent crit chance to inherent crit damage.
>>
>>342980884

No, im talking about the fact that weeklies and dailies are written in a files and its updated to certain dates with each patch and not just randomly chosen.

They forgot to update it after the first month and the weeklies and dailies just disappeared. It happened like twice so far.

Bunch of amateurs.

And them making strategy games before has nothing to do with this being TPS/RPG.

Watch Dogs and R6 Siege was made by the same people.
>>
Is it worth picking this up? I was hyped as fuck for it after it first got announced, I followed it for a year and then I had to go away for some time. I recently got back and all I see are people ragging on the game so now I'm feeling like I dodged a bullet.
>>
>>342981283
play it offline and its a fucking great game just like watchdogs about 50 hours

the online is ass
>>
>>342981158
>weeklies and dailies are written in a files
Oh yeah, that's lazy. Oddly so, considering how much timed RNG is used for other things - probably a last-minute "making it work" thing, like removing rope-cutting. Hopefully they take the DE route and keep improving the systems over time.
>>
>>342981398
There is no offline mode, the campaign portion of the game requires an internet connection, You can however play alone.
>>
>>342981581
thats what i said
>>
>>342981398

>he doesnt have friends

Tons of fun in coop.

Probably because its a coop shooter.

>>342981540
>Oh yeah, that's lazy. Oddly so, considering how much timed RNG is used for other things - probably a last-minute "making it work" thing

Im gonna assume you dont know how to code.

Writing an RNG code for that to change every week would be 10 minutes tops, and thats already long.

The lazy way would be the RNG way.
What they did was the amateur way, creating themselves more problems and work which all hit them very soon after release.
>>
http://githyp.com/the-divisions-player-count-has-dropped-93-percent-since-launch/
>>
>>342981283
No it isn't. I had some fun with it because I played with friends, and Dark Zone was amusing on the first week, but it got old really really fast. Don't even bother with it if you're considering playing it alone.
>>
>>342981283
The game is fun for the story portion, its after you complete the story portion and encounter the "endgame" that it turns into a complete shitshow.

Basically endgame mobs turn into huge bullet sponges and they fucked up the drop rates on items. On top of that a huge portion of the endgame is an open-world pvp area (Pretty much the only part of the game where you'll see other players.) and way too much of the game is client side for PC PvP.
>>
financially the games is a very huge success but otherwise tortanic2
>>
>>342981892
>dont play destiny solo campaign
>the deathmatch is teh only reason to play it
>its good
>>
>>342982030
I actually played Destiny alone and had fun with it. But that actually has good gunplay, unlike the abortion that is The Division.

I could literally spend an hour writing everything that's wrong with The Division which Destiny manages to do right.
>>
>>342981807
I code for a living, and your assessment is correct only if testing isn't included. Hard-coding events makes things reliable and requires minimal testing to show it works, with a net decrease in effort even if it takes more to design. I can easily imagine that there was a purely random daily function which didn't work properly, so they fell back to a hard-coded precursor.

>creating themselves more problems and work which all hit them very soon after release
Based on Ubisoft's last new IP release in Watch Dogs, they were likely gunning for Division to release 1) on time and 2) with no compromise on visuals. If you can't push back release to fix problems, and visuals are first priority, it wouldn't be surprising for some core elements to be compromised.
>>
>>342982027
ToR's issues were a death sentence because it used a subscription model. Division just wants you to buy the base game, so lost player count only affects DLC revenue.
>>
so.. literally noonce is playin gthis anymore?
>>
>>342983450
Russians and hackers do. So russians.
>>
>>342982834

No, man.
Its a simple RNG from a list, it shouldnt even needs testing.
The only the may needs it testing given how much they suck is that it works on every Sunday/monday or whichever day they choose for reset.

>with no compromise on visuals.

Do even know what are you talking about?

The game got a heavy downgrade.

>>342983184
>ToR's issues were a death sentence because it used a subscription model.

Is that why it made $100+ mill since year 1?

SWTOR is just starting to die after what, 5 years?

You aint gonna tell me than FREE to play players are spending that much money on SWTOR.
People who cant even afford a sub.
>>
>>342983643
>The game got a heavy downgrade.

yeah not really fuck off pc cuck
>>
Why can't they give us a new part of the city? Why boring tunnels
>>
>>342984019
thats the next update
buy the season pass you fuck!
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.