[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
MOBA
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 12
File: GuidedBotMatches.jpg (712 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
GuidedBotMatches.jpg
712 KB, 1920x1080
What's the least janky and most welcoming MOBA?
>>
>>342976397
MOBAs aren't welcoming.
They are riddled with mechanics that are extremely unwelcoming.
>>
I suppose HotS. It sucks, though, even by MOBA standards.
>>
>>342976397
Heroes of the Storm is the one that comes to mind.
>>
The only one worth getting into is DotA

MOBAs that lock playable heroes behind paywalls are garbage and should be treated as such.
>>
>>342976397
I think Dota is the least Janky

Most welcoming is HotS
>>
>>342976397
mobas are trash
grow a testicle or two and get yourself a proper rts
>>
>>342976873
>rts babby being this mad his genre is dead
>>
>>342976631
Heroes is easy, simple, in-n-out kinda fun without bullshit mechanics that get in the way of teamfighting and 1v1ing, which is what the game is all about.

Seriously, if you haven't at least TRIED it yet, do it. it's free, takes 10-20 minutes per game and they have some interesting heroes.
>>
League of Retards is easy but shallow

Dota 2 is conducive to good gameplay if everyone knows what they're doing (this never happens)

Heroes of Newerth died a dignified death

Heroes of the Storm died stillborn
>>
File: 1429266370551.jpg (313 KB, 4685x2457) Image search: [Google]
1429266370551.jpg
313 KB, 4685x2457
>>342976873

>>342976920
>>
Heroes of the Storm. Coincidentally the only MOBA worth playing. Don't fucking listen to the other anons. I hate them.
>>
>>342976397

HotS by far, its also kind of fun even if youre a casual.
You probably dont want to play it if youre ever interested in playing mobas beyond a casual level, because it has not alot of strategic depth.
>>
HotS is tightly designed by a small team, each match only lasts 20 minutes, and has a great learning curve (easy to pick up and get the mechanics, but also takes hundreds of hours to get good and learn all the character matchups). I also love the emphasis on teamfights because it creates more interesting, succinct matches rather than a long slowball effect which is what always happens in Dota 2 and LoL. I want my games to be quick and exciting and not last all day because I have a fucking life to live.
>>
>>342976397
Warcraft 3.
>>
>>342977038
Literally this - it's not a game to play every day like some eastern european nigger - but it's fun for few days.

It's fun, it's easy to pick - good animations, nice characters, nice maps - and you get the moba experience on top of it.

Just play it until you are bored then ignore the genre forever.
>>
Mount & blade: warband.
>>
>>342976397
>MOBA
>welcoming

Choose one. There's a very good reason why MOBAs always come up when people talk about the most hate and toxic filled communities.
>>
>>342977038
>and they have some interesting heroes.
You mean BadFurion and BadMeepo? What were they called, Abatur and Last Vikings?

HotS2 shills seem to be trained under the assumption they will be talking to league players, that's why meepo ripoff is presented as an original concept and talents are considered an improvement to the item system because league items are all stat sticks
>>
HotS and Awesomenauts

Awesomenauts costs money though and probably near death.
>>
>>342976397
Smite.
>>
>>342977783
>stat sticks
Oh god, there are people who can't use actives.
>>
>>342977783
Abathur and Cho'Gall both have incredibly interesting designs imo. I unironically think that HotS breaks the mold in a lot of ways and it's definitely welcoming. I much prefer the talent system to the item shop and the shorter matches allows for more concentrated fun, flat out.

HotS is just awesome to me. Blizzard's most tightly designed game, and you can tell everyone on the team has fun making it and has compelling ideas for it.
>>
>>342976397
Just download Dota and jump in. Yes you will get yelled at and yes you will suck, but if you are willing to learn it can be really fun game.
>>
ASSFAGGOTS are shit on purpose. There are just bandwagoning greedy-ass devs who don't realize it.
>>
>>342977978
All items in LeL are stat sticks. You can't use actives because there ARE no actives.
>>342978014
$0.03 have been deposited to your account.
>>
>>342978234
can you try harder to be a stereotypical dotard?
>>
@342978014
0.5 UNIT RTS
>>
File: 1459461740639.jpg (604 KB, 800x1135) Image search: [Google]
1459461740639.jpg
604 KB, 800x1135
>DOTA 2
Shitskin containment game where you need 600 hours to even begin to understand what the fuck you're doing

>HoN
Was essentially DOTA 1.5

>LoL
Streamlined MOBA where all the fun mechanics are downplayed or outright removed.

>Hots
MOBAs for retards

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAF7sIH5UNM
>>
>>342978415
I am just happy for you that there's still job to be found shilling for a stillbirth game on the internet. Let Actiblizz waste their money trying to turn the river flow around. The assmad of suits @ blizz management over losing Dota 2 could keep me warm through the nuclear winter.
10/10
>>
M&B warband.
>>
Problem with HotS is that there are so heavy catch up mechanics that you just scratch your balls in your base for 15min and still win the game.
>>
>>342976397
You can tell that HoTS is shit because /v/ likes it.
>>
>>342978782
i play dota, anon
HotS ain't for me, i get bored easily

but you're acting like a gigantic faggot
>>
>Lich King and Anub'arak reworks make them anti-mages in a Mage heavy meta

Feels good to be Scourge
>>
>>342978851
>/v/ likes HoTS
Are you blind or just stupid?
>>
Don't play MOBAs
They're the worst fucking genre of videogame, even generic fps shit is better than MOBAs.
>>
>>342979129
>i have never experienced the thread's center of discussion
>but my word is to be taken seriously and i am right
>>
File: 1456735801899.gif (136 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1456735801899.gif
136 KB, 500x500
>flagrantly shilling HOTS
>using the term "toxic" unironically
>recommending ARTS at all

Where the fuck did /v/ go?
>>
>>342979237
>don't play mobas
>"dont talk if u know nothing about them"
>play mobas
>"so you must have found them enjoyable :v)"
there is no arguing with mobabies
>>
>>342979129
why tho?
>>
>>342979626
to /r/4chan
>>342979724
"Action" game without any action and "strategy" game that boils to who does bigger numbers
Hard to learn, easy to master.
>>
>>342978783
Nigga that aint no MOBA
>>
>>342979913
Multiplayer-check
Online-check
Battle-check
Arena-check
The gameplay is easy to understand and within 10 minutes you'll even get somewhat good at it. The community is friendly and welcoming as well.
Please tell me how that is not exactly what OP wants.
>>
Smite is pretty fun.

If you let your team know you're new, they're almost always chill about it.
>>
>>342979854
but thats objectively mot true and if it was, why arent you making hundreds of thousands of dollars a year playing professionally or making add revenue like anyone who isnt literally retarded would do if they found it easy to master?
>>
>>342979684
That's not what he said
The first thing you said is correct.
The second thing is an assumption and a retarded one at that. If you don't have anything to contribute then why bother spewing your nonsense.
>>
>>342976397
>Least janky
Try using a word that's not retarded and I'll be able to answer better.

>most welcoming
Probably SMITE. 3D angle and controls is simpler, mechanics are simpler, it has an otion to automatically buy items and upgrade skills for you, it has a tutorial video explaining every character and mechanic, and they have plenty of casual events. The only problem is the Hi-Rez servers shit themselves sometimes and if you play Conquest, you'll run into ultra-tryhards that whine over everything and blame everybody but themselves So basically you'll run into the average person you'd find in Dota 2's non-custom games.

Luckily there's about 6 other casual modes.
>>
I recommend playing HotS for a bit and then transitioning to either LoL or Dota.
HotS is a good game to start at if you're new at moba games as it literally holds your hand throughout the game and plays like a tutorial.
Matches are short as well if you don't like investing too much time per game.
Once you have a basic grasp on how to play, either LoL or dota should be playable without other people yelling at you.
I personally opted for LoL since dota's art style makes me sick.
>>
>>342980620
>starting off on one game then transitioning to another

Or just start off on oneand learn it. All of the games have their own separate mechanics and characters. Them putting in time to go from one to another is retarded because they'll still have to learn the next game. The only thing they'll bring with them is the general knowledge of "don' run into towers or feed like a retard."
>>
>>342980151

It's a shit term. ASSFAGGOTS (Aeon of Strife Styled Fortress Assault Game Going On Two Sides) it's the only correct term for these games.

>>342976397

DotA 2 is the best one. It rewards invidivual skill the most. A lot of the items give you other ways to take fights. The items aren't just boring stat bonuses, you have items with uses, like one that pushes you forward, giving you an ability to dodge spells.

DotA 2 however takes shitloads of time to learn, especially if you've never played the genre. You will be punished for mistakes, and games will be unfair most of the time because of this. I've been playing with a friend who came to this genre as a newbie. After 800 hours, he has gotten the concept of supporting, but give him a farmer hero and he's fucked beyond belief. It took him 800 hours to learn one role, and he has 3 more roles to learn. The game is not easy. Especially in the late game one mistake can lose you the whole game.
>>
File: 1466162025047.png (361 KB, 473x675) Image search: [Google]
1466162025047.png
361 KB, 473x675
>>342980271
This is a lie.
Every game i've joined I've let people known i'm new and they fucking rage to hell about it and give you shit all game.
>Had least deaths and contributed the most but the enemy team stomped us
>It's apparently my fault and everyone reports me
>>
>>342979237
Am I wrong? Are MOBA's good? I've played them all and they're all fucking shit.
>>
>>342981076
They're good when you get good, have a good team, and fight good people.

So like any other team game except it'll be harder since you have a big road ahead of you before you become good enough to leave the shitter bracket.
>>
>>342980812
That's exactly the point though. It's even worse for him if he does that kind of shit in LoL or Dota, then decides not to play cause he gets shit on every game by his teammates.
He could keep playing HotS if he likes it of course, but I recommended the other two because although HotS has more interesting mechanics and hero designs, it's objectively worse than the other two.
>>
>>342980620
starting with hots then transitioning to dota just fucks you up, sinking hours into getting used to the hots feel of "stand on the lane and everything is fine" will get you raped in dota where last hitting, denying, zoning out actually happens
>>
>>342980963
See, I understand you're new because you think the stats at the end of the game matter.
The only thing that matters in those games are the win or loss at the end.
If you contributed the most you s hound have been leading your team to victory, for all you know you were fucking over your teammates with the best of intentions.
>>
>>342980345
There's a difference between master and esports.
There are plenty of players in the higher brackets of matchmaking who are at equal or higher level than those who play for professionally and yet they have no stream or professional paid team.
>>
>>342981507
You're telling me those mechanics are present on lv1 account games?
He'll learn those advanced stuff as he gains experience, but it's more important to develop awareness of the game in general through easier mediums.
>>
>>342981732
You can't carry in a game where 4 other people are fucking about doing nothing.
>>
File: Laughing-Frog.jpg (25 KB, 400x386) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-Frog.jpg
25 KB, 400x386
>>342981447
>HotS has more interesting mechanics and hero designs
>>
>>342981076
MOBAs can be fun, but they are also ridiculously hard to get into. Once you get good enough to get matched with other people who know what they are doing then it becomes really fun.
>>
>>342976397
The least janky is LoL. The most welcoming is HotS.
>>
>>342981896
Correction, YOU can't carry a game with 4 teammates fucking off. I have some exactly that many times which is why I am where I am today and why you still have room to improve.
>>
>>342981896
Let me guess, you are one of those supports who take farm because you want to be useful and have nice stats at the end? Well guess what dipstick? You are worst than useless if you do that.
>>
>>342982124
How many games did you carry when you went support?
>>
>>342981803
as surprising it is, yes, lvl1 account games do have people last hitting, buying items from gold and using them

maybe even warding and dewarding
>>
HotS is fucking league in dogshit mode. Literally 100 % copy with le map mechanics that are all fucking shit. No wonder you casual shit kids here suck it up because you suck at Dota.
>>
>>342982312
Why the fuck would you try to carry a game as a support?
>>
>>342981447
>HotS
>better character design than anything lse

It's literally Just Blizzard's dumpster of their bland character designs since its inception. Pretty sure they even added Tracer to it.
>>
>still using "MOBA" in the year of our Lord 2016.

Just to shed some light on 'MOBA'.

A guy called Jeff 'HunteR_' Hunter coined that abbreviation when he was working together with Riot Games during LoL beta. After he got fired for stupid behaviour there, he started organizing stuff for S2.

Then he got caught by someone proving that he cybered with a ~14 year old girl and suddenly appeared on a picture from a HoN party over 1 year later.

Better not use MOBA, it got created by a douchebag pedophile.
>>
>>342982124
Not that guy, but carrying a game by yourself only works up to a certain point.
He's obviously pretty low, but if you get in the top 5%, there's only so much you can do if your team is truly that bad.
>>
File: 6jdGV.jpg (70 KB, 604x400) Image search: [Google]
6jdGV.jpg
70 KB, 604x400
>>342982004
>The least janky is LoL
>client made in Flash

>most welcoming
>HotS
SMITE definitely beats that for the third-person camera and familiar stick or WASD controls alone.
>>
File: 1461734048923.jpg (30 KB, 475x533) Image search: [Google]
1461734048923.jpg
30 KB, 475x533
>>342982435
>14 year old girl
>pedophile
>>
>>342982435
>pedophile is bad
neo/v/
>>
>>342982293
I was in a solo lane and I was doing quite well, I helped the team out as much as I could, I just can't hand hold everyone if they die as soon as you leave them for 5 seconds.
>>
>>342982325
>lvl1
>warding

Keep dreaming, even in 6k mmr there are assholes who don't seem to know how to ward properly.
>>
>>342982424
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zbdTOIZI1hM
>>
>>342982494
I understand it's hard and he admits to being new. I only mean to inspire him and let him know it's possible. The mindset of "my teammates threw this for us" is a bad one to have. I'd only mention it's best to learn early on that you can only be responsible for what you do and at times you have to outplay your teammates as well as your opponents
>>
dota is the only one that doesn't look like shit so
>>
>>342982325
Last hitting, shopping, using items is completely different from denying, zoning, and knowing ward positions.

>>342982424
>Character design is just the visuals.
>Thinking chogall, abathur and murky aren't revolutionary designs.
>>
>>342976397

Are there MOBAs with custom games like ye-olde Warcraft 3?
>>
>>342976397
Stats level 2 lololol

Dota 2 is still the best. I have made more friends in dota then any other game. Lots of girls on US west too, almost pokemon levels. Maybe its the server, but us west tends to be really chill. Yeah you run into ass holes, but 1 ass hole every 4 games is actually pretty good (1 in 36). Way better rate then LoL or HotS. Hell its better ass hole rate then TF2/Overwatch.
>>
>>342982951
That's good, but I'd say it's also worth knowing that some games are just out of your control, and beating yourself over it will just make your next game that much worse.
>>
>>342983146
Dota 2 has an arcade section full of custom games made by dotards.
>>
>>342980932
>800 hours
My entire TF2 playtime doesn't even amount to that-- and purely for learning? Either this has got be the deepest game ever or you need to have autism to enjoy it.
>>
>>342982682
Sounds exactly what someone who fucked up because they tried to leave the lane too early and got fucked up would say.
>>
>>342982919
>all these characters copied by Blizzard
>>
File: 1466870893785.jpg (39 KB, 519x589) Image search: [Google]
1466870893785.jpg
39 KB, 519x589
>Russian Guy on team starts cheering you on and laughing when you taunt at the enemy
>>
>>342983381
It is a very deep game, but no, it does not take 800 hours. His friend is probably just a retard.
>>
>>342983423
You're right I shouldve had just killed the entire enemy team in one hit and instantly won.
>>
>>342976397
HotS is good for that because it's casual friendly and has short matches.
>>
>>342976397
Rocket League
>>
File: smite-logo.png (67 KB, 348x105) Image search: [Google]
smite-logo.png
67 KB, 348x105
>least janky
Well any moba that uses click-to-move doesn't qualify.

That basically leaves pic related.
>>
HotS if you want to have fun. Any other moba if you want to read thousands of guides before you can even consider playing it.
>>
File: sad.jpg (14 KB, 251x245) Image search: [Google]
sad.jpg
14 KB, 251x245
>>342985089
>>342983887
please leave this board.
>>
Which moba has the best soundtrack?
>>
>>342984312
>Smite
>less janky

That game is janky as shit
>laugh/taunt spamming
>some mastery skins don't even have icons
>unfinished voice packs
>ridiculous balance and bugs that make characters completely broken until they update the game again like Susano procing bluestone multiple times
>unexplained server issue at least once a week
>menu sometimes freezing for no fucking reason, and then you not realizing until you see the queue timer stops and you have a wait timer when you reset
>the match found sound sometimes playing but the accept button not popping up
>someone leaves the game in character select and it just instantly takes you back to queue with no explanation
>jing wei's range bug on her crit skill
>>
>>342986156
depends on how much money your willing to drop on skins or music packs
>>
>>342986369
But I should note that the game is still really fun. Picked it up after Dota and enjoy it for the more light-hearted moba experience since the game doesn't take itself too seriously.
>>
>all these idiots think LoL started the moba genre
>>
>>342980345
he is retard, but lets assume what he says is true

he has serious talent and plays at top level in pubs

mobas still are a team game, he needs to find other 4 people at similar level to play with, thats the hard part
>>
HotS has grown on me. I hated it at launch but now it's showing potential for improvement with the new score board and a chat wheel function. The new heroes aren't as copy-paste as the launch ones, the dev explanation for balancing in the updates is nice.

Dota 2 is a better game but the community is garbage and Valve is putting so much focus on e-sports that every update is withheld for it now. We used to have all kinds of dumb stuff on a regular basis like events but now everything is completely centered around tournaments and are used as a carrot on a stick for prize pools. Like where the fuck is Pit Lord? We should have the entire Dota cast by now plus some newcomers. Just something new that isn't dictated by the fucking compendium.
>>
>>342987310
I guess that's right if you ignore the whole custom games thing and the hundreds of modes spawned from it, including the official ones Valve made for it since its launch... and if you ignore the whole porting the game to Source 2 thing.
>>
>>342987432
Porting the game to Source 2 broke it for a long-ass time. It's fine now but that was fucked up and it still doesn't fix the old bugs like heroes randomly showing up in the fog of war when there's no BS on the team.
The custom games are really bland in comparison to the custom games WC3 had. When are we going to get DBZ Tribute? The custom games scene for Dota 2 is literally just custom games for Dota 2 with none of the leaver penalties. So 10v10 is realy 8v4 depending on who stays. It's the same quality control as Greenlight.
>>
>>342987726
Both of those things are not still not only geared towards the pro play like you claimed though. Especially since porting the game broke it for a while.
>>
>>342987932
All the content updates are. Just because people can throw together terrible maps doesn't excuse not having shit like dire tide anymore. Almost all new cosmetics are put behind boxes or compendiums now and the drop rate for items is worse than ever before. None of the money Valve makes is going into polishing or fixing the game, it's just going into their retarded technology that doesn't sell.

But it's not like it matters anyway, Dota 2 players will defend this shit to the death just like CS:GO players. It doesn't matter if the game is being neglected because it's big in e-sports and that's the biggest grapes to hold over others. This shit is FGC tier and I'm sick of it. Games should be about having fun not this competitive free advertising bullshit.
>>
>>342976397

Heroes of the Storm, it's also the most innovative and most fun.
>>
File: 1422751792568.png (7 KB, 478x373) Image search: [Google]
1422751792568.png
7 KB, 478x373
>>342988625
>strip most of the mechanics from mobas and make everything global
>innovative
>>
>>342976397
battleborn
Thread replies: 110
Thread images: 12

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.