[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Spess Enginurs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: space-engineers.jpg (326 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
space-engineers.jpg
326 KB, 1920x1080
So how is Space Engineers? I noticed on Steam it's got a pretty nice sale of 70% off, but it's an Early Access game with quite a bit of conflicting reviews. One concerning theme with the negative reviews is that it seems to have the same critical flaw as DayZ in that the devs do no sort of bug-fixing and instead keeping adding layers of content that also come with their own bugs to make it more of an unplayable game.
I'd still like to really try it because I really like the idea of building your own ships with somewhat open-ended design schemes.
>>
>>342968031
I'd like to know this too. I'm debating between this and KSP but this is cheaper.
>>
File: soft.jpg (1 MB, 3072x3072) Image search: [Google]
soft.jpg
1 MB, 3072x3072
>>342968031

Did they fix the Planetary Lag?
>>
>>342970324
> Did they fix
Hahahahaha
no
>>
It's an early access, sandbox, multiplayer coop, crafting game made by indie devs.

Actually I'm kinda like it. If only the game doesn't run like shit.
>>
This game looks pretty nice, conceptually.

But giving money to devs for unfinished games will always be a bad idea.

The only game I can think of that might have done Early Access right is Kerbal. Maybe.
>>
Anyone know why you can only go 100mph in space? Literally killed the game for me
>>
>>342971938
Seriously? KSP it is then. This is the same thing that killed X3 for me.
>>
>>342968031
It's fun but it doesn't have much purpose. And they likely will never add any.

It's great to fuck around and build cool stuff. But the only real thing to do with stuff is to mine minerals to build.. more stuff.

Fun if you like building, I got 80 hours of enjoyment out of it. But it has a distinct lack of objective oriented features.
>>
>>342972081
Wait, you can't go faster in X3?
>>
>>342971781
I usually trust good devs that consistenely deliver good and/or same-as-previous games.
And I mean active devs, not "Oh I was kinda involved in that one 1998 RPG give me all your money" hacks.

>>342971938
CLANG manifests itself at higher speeds that results in objects vibrating themselves to death.
>>
>>342971938
I don't but its literally an init line change that you can do with notepad.

If you need someone to hold your hand just subscribe, edit save, mods, use -> mod, done.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=380165093
>>
>>342972081
>This is the same thing that killed X3 for me.

>X3

Every ship has a different speed. Speeds can be changed by upgrading ships.
>>
>>342972478
I meant the airplane like speeds in general.
>>
File: 600x.jpg (187 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
600x.jpg
187 KB, 600x800
>>342972976
we're talkin bout this right?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.