[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Play Nier for the first time >Decide to play on hard
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
>Play Nier for the first time
>Decide to play on hard
>literally one of the most monotonous modes when fighting bosses
>I'm already 7 hours in
I can't back out now, I've spent so much time doing side quests and making progress.
Also, Nier thread, his game is the fucking tits right now, just got Kaine to join me and already headed to Facade.
Should I consider checking out Drakenguard on PS2?
>>
Just change it back to normal
>>
nier combat is pretty boring and grindy

near end i just lowered dificulty it was easy not to die just took a long time to kill things
>>
I actually enjoyed my Hard run much more than Normal ones.

It made more sense that these giants bosses took about an hour to beat with my shitty sword.

But then again I beat this game like 7 times in a row so I'm probably autistic.
>>
>>342960358
no, I've come this far, I won't change it.
>>342960791
I'm probably autistic myself, but his is my first time playing. I'm liking the game a lot so far.
>>
>>342960037
>Should I consider checking out Drakenguard on PS2?
Drakengard has terrible gameplay, the story is fucking nuts, and the characters are all terrible people.

One of my favorite games of all time.
>>
>>342961120
sounds good, I've had a couple of chances picking it up, but never had. Now after playing Nier, I'm certain I'm going to buy Drakenguard.
>>
>>342961052
How far are you in?
>>
>>342961052
>I have a problem
>>ok, this is how you fix it
>No, I don't want to fix my problem

You're stupid
>>
>>342960037
>I've spent so much time
>7 hours
>>
>>342961378
I noted it in the OP
>>342961516
very, but I try sticking to my guns on my awfully dumb decisions. Never wanted to change it, as I said "I cant back out now"
>>
>>342962104
that's like a bunch of episodes of Fraser, like 14 eps.
Not to mention I'm juggling Mega Man Legends, Final Fantasy Tactics, and Dark Souls in my current regimen, I barely started Nier since like 1 am and havent had much sleep, just taking small breaks watching Netflix, jerking off, shitposting, and going back to playing Nier.
>>
>>342962169
>>342960037

The thing about Nier's hard mode is that it's not really hard, it's just tedious. All they did was make the enemies become damage sponges and that's not really fun. There's really no e-penis points for saying that you finished it on hard because it's so boring.
>>
>>342962437
Well it's not like I'm working or going to school, but who knows, I might end up changing difficulty sooner or later, the tedium will get to me eventually.
>>
im just in the second half on Ps3, the sidequest are fucking getting on my nerves, its really just:
>get me 10 things
>go to the other guy ask him
>get me 5 things
>get me 5 things

and i heard you need to do them because for a ending you need all weapons and some weapons you get only from finishing siede quests ...
>>
>>342963097
The weapons are not missable.
>>
>>342963234
so....i dont need to do all sidequests...i can buy them?
some sidequests can be fun because funny dialogue...so i wouldnt do none of them..
>>
>>342963417
You will eventually need to do sidequests. There are missable sidequests but the important sidequests are not missable.
>>
>>342963417

There are a few sidequests that give you weapons. If you see a weapon in a shop go ahead and buy it. As far as I know, every weapon is unique.
>>
File: drinking.png (169 KB, 850x432) Image search: [Google]
drinking.png
169 KB, 850x432
>>342960037
>tfw do literally every sidequest
>tfw was going for platinum but got tired of running junk heap for items to upgrade weapons
>tfw still need to do the under 15 hour speedrun on a fresh game

I'll probably come back to it, eventually.
>>
>>342963417
None of the weapons come from missable sidequests. Feel free to skip quests if you want.
>>
>>342964937

I heard that the DLC helps with grinding materials for weapons.
>>
File: obviously Devola.jpg (50 KB, 512x640) Image search: [Google]
obviously Devola.jpg
50 KB, 512x640
>>342964937
>you will never get drunk and make depressing games with Taro
>>
>>342960037
I played Easy Mode without shame for my completionist run. Grinding for specific items was painful.
>>
File: 1466883554155.png (4 MB, 2362x3174) Image search: [Google]
1466883554155.png
4 MB, 2362x3174
>>342966171
It's roughly the same. The only thing it would be better for is eagle eggs. Cause afaik eagle eggs are only available in that one stupid spot in the aerie
>>
>>342962760
You talk like Barneyfag and you sound about as stupid. Kill yourself.
>>
>>342966656
why are you so mad?
>>
File: 1463016223437-v.jpg (811 KB, 1000x2800) Image search: [Google]
1463016223437-v.jpg
811 KB, 1000x2800
>side quests
>>
Change to Easy. Trust me, you gain nothing from sticking to Hard. Hell, no one will judge you for it.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.