[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What exactly went wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 19
File: Mn9.jpg (53 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
Mn9.jpg
53 KB, 460x215
What exactly went wrong?
>>
>>342946574
Everything.
>>
>Inafune leaves capcom on 2010 salty as fuck
>Starts his company but can't quite nail success
>Decides to get in in the "everybody hates cashcom" bandwagon so he can draw people to his kickstart pseudo-megaman proyect
>Realizes that kickstart money is not enough to pay actually good, talented game designers and programmers
>Tries to get additional money from corporates by creating a franchise of a game that hasn't even been out yet
>Spends most of his money in shit that isn't needed and try to cover it with "we need more time for online support, guys"
>Finally understands the way Capcom made things was the correct way business-wise and partners with Microsoft to do the same thing he did at Capcom
>>
File: 1443902036309.png (313 KB, 496x464) Image search: [Google]
1443902036309.png
313 KB, 496x464
>>342946574
The man behind it all
But he won in the end
>>
>>342947409
This.
>>
Dina
>>
I bought it since I had 10 free dollars from Microsoft and I'm sure I'll get shit for saying this but it's not even bad?

Almost through the first 8 stages and I've actually had fun. At first I felt the level designs were a little bad, but after playing you realise they were designed to go fast, and get a better score then last time.

Is it megaman? No, but it is what was advertised, a spiritual successor to the blue bomber.

Some tracks are pretty kick ass too. Haven't listened to the 8 bit versions yet though
>>
>>342949157
I sort of felt sorry for her. It was not on her that they hired someone as a social media manager that had never ventured outside of tumblr and DeviantArt and trough nepotism. I blame that one on Inafune.
>>
>>342949710

the 8 bit ones are rad too
>>
>>342946574
it committed the worst sin a video game can commit. Literally everything else can be shit except this one aspect

it's boring
>>
>>342946574
Lots of misplaced hatemongering by a vocal minority who have never played the game for more than 2 minutes
>>
>>342950110
Fucking this, I played maybe 10 minutes before I got sick of it. There's no fun, it feels like a chore.

I backed it for $100. Boy, do I regret it now more than ever.
>>
>>342946574
>Inafune bit off more than he could chew with having the game developed for everything from the Casio Loopy to the Vita to the Fairchild Channel F right from the get-go
>He was so Hellbent on establishing MN9 as a multimedia franchise, time and money that should've been spent on the game got channeled into other ventures before the first game was even finished
>>
The game is mediocre. That's about it.
>>
Game is too difficult. It's not cheap, but requires alot of precision in a lot of places. And noone is used to the mechanics since it's a new thing, so people just keep dying all over and blaming the game.
It's a good game, just very unforgiving. Should probably only recommend it to people who liked X6.
>>
File: Mighty Rant screenshot.png (2 MB, 1652x9264) Image search: [Google]
Mighty Rant screenshot.png
2 MB, 1652x9264
>>342946574
If you give a shit I put it into a shitload of words

http://pastebin.com/yrUx7bCR

The tldr; is nothing is well executed and the gameplay is largely frustrating or uninteresting. The way they want you to the play the game is not the way you will want to play it.
>>
>>342947409

Saying merely everything would be a understatement.

I'd say everything and much more is more accurate.

Like the code providing and the credits roll with some backers not being properly named. It couldn't have gone any worse and yet, it did.
>>
>>342946574
I know it's bad, but am I bad that I still enjoy it? My only really big gripe is that a game that runs so heavily on a dash mechanic has edge grabbing which slows the game down instead of wall jumping
>>
>>342950691
>credits roll with some backers not being properly named
That's a blessing in disguise, too bad my name didn't get cut out
>>
The moment they went from 2d to 3d/2.5d
>>
>>342947409
fpbp

Everything that could have gone wrong went wrong.
>>
>>342950110
Basically this, even something like Sonic 06 can be a lot of fun simply due to how fucking silly and broken it is, Mighty Number 09 is just sad.
>>
The credits are longer than the game.

Also it's poorly optimised to the point of being dangerous. I gave my copy to a friend and we were playing it at his and it crashed from the level select screen.
>>
>>342946574
After playing the game for a while i can say it is not exactly a bad game but it sure is fuckingndesapointing, it could have been made with much less than 4 million, maybe even 200k
>>
>>342950773
>>342950691
Where did they even get the Backer names anyway? Is there a reason they didn't have ALL of them? They certainly got all the Backers' money; was it so hard to double check what their names were?

I'm a Backer and I'm 100% sure I didn't get any email asking for my name or anything like that, yet my name isn't in the credits. I'm number 45760 or something like that. I mean I'm kind of glad my name isn't on it; but I'm just wondering why.
>>
>>342950937
Most people don't think it's an overtly bad game in itself, just that it's painfully plain and should've really been oh-so-much better.
>>
>>342950997

They sent a survey asking for the name you wanted to put in credits. I remember not answering it.
>>
>>342950110
>>342950896

My God, you're right. Even Sonic 06 can be more entertaining than MN9 because Sonic 06 is hilariously broken and buggy when sometimes you'll fall through the world, sometimes one of Shadow's vehicles will completely fuck up (hovercraft falling through the water), sometimes the camera will sperg out and you'll die, sometimes Sonic will fly off a loop the wrong way and fall to his death, etc etc. MN9 is just a snooze.
>>
>>342951042
And it's broken, but not in a fun way.
The 'game' itself is solid, the actual software is broken, which in turn effects the game.
>>
>>342951042
I also heard that your special powers acquired after defeating a boss can't be used against bosses but it simply not true, shit they even tell you which bosses/stages you should focus your new powers with the adivice tab that unlocks after beating a boss.

>Defeat fire boss
>Ice boss stage now has a advice tab
>Fire boss now is adding you during ice stage
>use his adivice to stun iceboss
>>
A severe lack of waifus and edgelords for faggots to establish a fanbase around
>>
File: dr-sanda.jpg (10 KB, 210x240) Image search: [Google]
dr-sanda.jpg
10 KB, 210x240
>>342951669
>Lack of waifus
>>
>Trying to make a multimedia franchise like "it just happens" years before the first game gets released
>as a small company
>>
Call's unchanging personality is reflective of the game's general quality. Constant boredom.
>>
>>342947980
>Finally understands the way Capcom made things was the correct way
Not if SFV was any indication
>>
File: MN9 Call designs.jpg (259 KB, 1200x849) Image search: [Google]
MN9 Call designs.jpg
259 KB, 1200x849
>>342951669
We literally got 9 waifus for the price of one.
>>
>>342952794
Didn't they rush it out the door so it could be played at tournaments?
>>
>>342952898

Plus Dynatron!
>>
File: mighty blunder nein.jpg (486 KB, 542x793) Image search: [Google]
mighty blunder nein.jpg
486 KB, 542x793
IT KEEPS HAPPENING
>>
>>342946574
All style, no substance. And even the style was executed poorly.
>>
>first kickstart project isn't out
>already kickstart his second project

What happen to the other 3.5 million dollars? This and more on the next episode of SVU.
>>
>>342953275

why would anyone buy the Golden Beck skin

it's the equivalent of horse armor
>>
>>342953275
Look at those hips!
>>
>>342952794

>sony is microsoft
>>
>>342946574
too much money

if they only got the 900k Jewnafune asked for we would have ended up with a more focused, polished game

but they got 4+ million
they ended up becoming like Tim "3.3 million" Schafer and promised too much
>>
>>342953275

fucking hell man I almost feel bad for you mighty cucks
>>
Do we even have Steam stats for how many people have bought or played the game?
>>
Remember me?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmY3jd0z8ho
>>
What went wrong is that despite having 4 million dollars to work with polishing a good mega man successor, they floundered it all on useless franchise horseshit. Just looking at how independent indie games with less funding performed better than MN9 shows how terribly the game was managed.
>>
>>342953065
Yeah, but as a consequence, the very casuals they tried to sell the game to didn't buy the game or panned it due to lack of casual-catering content, despite all the changes they made for suggestive content. All that stuff they changed to get T rating wasn't actually going to warrant an M rating in the first place. But they got a Cero B rating instead of C! Which is funny, because Japanese are less offended by that content than Americunts are. Oh irony.

Capcom has issues with double-talking and not making any logical sense these days, and Ono is shilling their excuses for them. Ono might be a cool guy in person, but in the business, he's a fucking dumbass.
>>
File: Shovelry.gif (32 KB, 256x256) Image search: [Google]
Shovelry.gif
32 KB, 256x256
>>342946574
I think in part, the release of Shovel Knight undercut Mighty No.9 by the knees by actually delivering a true successor to Mega Man.
>>
>>342953275
It's not being put up for public. Xbone lists all dlc regardless of whether or not it's actually available for purchase
>>
>>342954143
I want a compilation of glitches.
>>
>>342947980
>>Realizes that kickstart money is not enough to pay actually good, talented game designers and programmers
4 million bucks is a shitload for a Megaman style platformer. Shovel Knight or La Mulana were much cheaper
>>
>>342952898
>Inafune was so butt hurt his call design didn't win he made her the final boss.
>>
>>342954979
>coming soon
>8/24/2016
>>
File: 1960s-3-FAs-with-Y-meal-trays.jpg (343 KB, 812x472) Image search: [Google]
1960s-3-FAs-with-Y-meal-trays.jpg
343 KB, 812x472
>>342952898
Completely forgot about this. I voted for E as she reminded me of a PAN-AM stewardess from the 60's. F ultimately won. I can't help but feel she was modeled after the then superpopular Panty and Stocking.

And then we all lost when the game came out.
>>
>>342950161
>misplaced
>>
>>342952898
And we got the worst one
>>
>>342955002
I want a compilation of every boss being beaten with only Seismic's weapon.
>>
>>342946574
>What exactly went wrong?
Inajew decided to hire a SJW that destroyed the community/developer relationship and put a huge ammount of stress on the studio

Then the goobers continued to attack every single bit of information that was revealed about the game

TL;DR goobers destroyed what could have been a really good game and caused the studio to release a mediocre product
>>
>>342950356
>The game is mediocre. That's about it.
In this day and age can you mention 5 games released this year that are not mediocre?
>>
>>342955738
Dina was a scapegoat, the game was never going to be good.
>>
>>342955395
>I can't help but feel she was modeled after the then superpopular Panty and Stocking.
The style was clearly influenced by it. I voted for it too despite not being a fan of P&S, I just thought she looked like the cutest and most expressive design. Unfortunately, that "doesn't fit the role of Call". On the other hand, having E talk like a chronically bored robot wouldn't be greato da ze, so if there's ever a sequel and E is in it, I would like to assume in-story that more human-like robots are being made.

It's Inafune, though, and it's really really really hard to trust him to come through with anything, and even in the face of large amounts of criticism, he seems rather incorrigible.
>>
>>342955738
Joking aside- the localization company that was contracted by COMCEPT had guy in a lead-position that hired his crazy girlfriend for a forum manager position. She never had any real power beyond creating polls and relaying the results back.

Despite this, what a PR nightmare. For a Megaman revival project, hiring someone who never played a Megaman before, but because they are in a romantic relationship with you. Especially, in a position where she's the front of all customer relation interactions, hiring someone who isn't mature enough to properly separate their personal life away from business life.

Did the boyfriend ever get revealed? He's just as unprofessional as she was.
>>
I wonder how many death treaths inafune is getting now everyday by fans that got scammed?
>>
>>342955738
If you honestly think the "SJW" had anything to do with mn9's failures, you're delusional.

That whole thing was asmall group of people breaking rules to complain about a moderator, because the found a few tweets that offended them.

It was such a minimal bleep on the radar it's not even notable.
>>
>>342946574
misoginists have disliked the game because there's a female character in it
>>
>>342955738
Is goober the word for everything you don't like?
>>
>>342951669
>lack of waifus
There's about 4 girls + the myriad of other calls
>>
This game needed to be enjoyable. It needed to be a game where Megaman fans can come together and play and have fun. This game didn't deliver. It ended up being frustrating to play and mediocre. And in particular, this game was supposed to be the great successor to megaman, but with Keiji Inafune's name on it, the expectation was there to be a good game. The extremely successful fundraiser via kickstarter didn't help with expectations either. You don't have this with lower profile games like Shovel Knight, which could have gotten away with being mediocre(which it didn't). But when you have a famous name like Inafune, you needed success.
>>
>>342956729
Don't even bother, these people still think that Moot sold the site to gawker.
>>
>>342952898
Am I the only one that doesn't like E? Side ponytails just don't do it for me.
>>
>>342956729
SJW talk aside- lets use our adult words and agree it was an unprofessional business decision. See >>342956326
>>
I want to cum inside Call D
>>
>>342956326
I'm pretty sure he ended up leaving the company before her (whether he was laid off or resigned on his own, I don't remember).
>>
>>342956326
>hiring someone who never played a Megaman before
Thats not actually that bad if they aren't lying assholes and actually want to connected with the community, since they could start playing them.
Of course turns out she was a lying asshole who didnt want anything to do with the comunity.
>>
>>342956326
Looking into it, I think the only 8-4 employee that ever mentioned her was someone named Mark MacDonald. Here was his quote:

> Will the community manager be skewing things the way they would personally like to see the game? Will the community manager ignore views that don’t match with their own personal ideals? Will the community manager lose the community’s desires due to unfamiliarity with the type of game we are making? Will the community manager be creating their own robots and levels and programming, or changing the game in any way, from what the core creative team wants?! A lot of these or similar questions have been raised.
> The good news is that the answer, in all cases, is no.
> As far as affecting the game in other ways, rest assured all direction and decisions are still in the hands of all the same people they have been from the start. Everyone should know that choosing a community manager is not something the team took lightly — all the key players at Comcept were involved in the selection and hiring process, all the way up to and including Inafune himself. We are supremely confident we made a great choice, as we think you will all agree as you get to know Dina and see her work.
Source: http://nichegamer.com/2013/12/12/the-dina-disaster-the-story-of-nepotism-and-mighty-no-9/

Typical, vague PR talk: If you read between the lines, he didn't state that Inafune personally read her resume or sat in on an interview. In business, contractors generally prepare a business plan / proposal when going into a long-term service agreement. This vague statement may imply that Inafune read a contract and stamped it. The statement also doesn't give any detail into the hiring process at 8-4, because there probably wasn't any. Boyfriend was either in a position of hiring power and/or she already was friends with the 8-4 team through said boyfriend.
>>
>>342958348
No, she looks pretty dumb.
>>
File: image.png (272 KB, 475x488) Image search: [Google]
image.png
272 KB, 475x488
>>342952898
>mfw F is actually my favorite
Sucks to be you guys
>>
File: 1464861347156.png (150 KB, 473x347) Image search: [Google]
1464861347156.png
150 KB, 473x347
They forgot the beta testing
>>
>>342959368
Agree- she didn't give a shit. She just wanted a job.

I always wondered why they didn't campaign the community for the position. Maybe hold a contest or something. They could have had an "unpaid intern" role do the work of reading the forums for them. In the background, one of the 8-4 employees be a silent community manager.

Creativity requires work though. Who wants to put effort into something? Fuck that, let's just use the Mark's girlfriend- she's got nothing better to do.
>>
>>342959794
I like how C looks fucking crazy but F is the only one who really fits the other mighty nos designs
>>
>>342959794
Sucks to be you- your favorite plays like a cheap cell phone game.
>>
>>342947409
first post best post
>>
>>342959952
It's better than nothing
>>
>>342955705
I actually like the game but the weapons are so imbalanced it's crazy. Aside from weaknesses 90% of the weapons just don't work with the play style they want you to have in the game, which is goin' fast.

Oh yeah, and that one DLC weapon actually being the best for bosses. What horse shit.
>>
>>342959936
Because she was already decided to be the one ingame
>>
>>342960190
Brands weapon pretty much breaks the game and wrecks everything's shit up
>>
>>342960494
Bat's weapon is extremely OP. You can also be a bulldozer for fun. Works quite well for bosses for some reason. Some dude in a previous thread made webms that I didn't save of him using bulldozer to quickly beat a few bosses.
>>
>>342960626

They're still up on the mega man general thread
>>
>>342960626
I haven't used bat power against a boss yet but it's fun for goin fast
>>
>>342960115
Not quiet- the unused models were spared from the disaster. While not selected, they are untouched. Call F is now damaged goods.
>>
>>342960314
>>
>>342960626

Also you can use multiple copies of Avi's weapon by swapping out and back in his form, it destroys pyro
>>
Megaman hasn't been good since like Megaman 4, I don't know why people thought this would be any different.

Pic related, it's someone who thought Mighty No. 9 would be good
>>
Can we talk about the good Megaman clone?
What went right?
>>
File: image.jpg (385 KB, 755x1000) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
385 KB, 755x1000
>>342961118
She's still cute
>>
File: image.jpg (348 KB, 971x755) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
348 KB, 971x755
>>
>>342961603
Agree.
>>
File: 1466877115022.png (284 KB, 1075x1215) Image search: [Google]
1466877115022.png
284 KB, 1075x1215
>>342961603
Guys I think I'm going to buy the game just for her, please convince me to stop.
>>
>>342950831
>>342959975
Fuck off with your /pol/ memes
>>
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 639x363) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 639x363
>>342961603
>>
>>342961801
*sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiff*
aahhhh
>>
is there a GOG link or humble bundle link to this game anywhere?
>>
>>342961801
She's not cute at all when you hear her talk.

It's better to just keep your fantasy alive than kill it and buy an awful game.
>>
>>342961801
You only get to play as her in 1 level which is dissapointing and she isn't in cut scenes much
>>
>>342958348
Nah, she looks pretty stupid and I don't like P&S so that was an added negative for me.
>>
>>342962289
She's voiced by MAO in the Japanese dub.

>>342961801
She has very little screentime and doesn't interact with Beck at all. You're better off fantasizing about her.
>>
Underwhelming level/enemy design and few overpowered abilities. That's about it, it's still pretty solid.
>>
File: 1444690045149.png (298 KB, 528x653) Image search: [Google]
1444690045149.png
298 KB, 528x653
>>342963275
>>
File: 1309062037623.jpg (73 KB, 600x642) Image search: [Google]
1309062037623.jpg
73 KB, 600x642
>Said I wanted an XBOner code
>Got a Steam code
>No reply to my email yet
I just want to play it. I might even like it because I don't expect a game to be amazing because it kickstarted 4 million. I bet every game cost over 4 million. I wouldn't even be mad I backed the game if they just give it to me on the right system. I just want to play it.
>>
>>342958348
E is fucking shit. Old hag. NotRoll should be a loli, anyone who voted E deserves to be fucking murdered.
>>
>>342961231
Jesus stop shilling your thread. This is like the third or fourth time you've made it/linked it in other threads
>>
>>342955178
Actually that came from backer campaign on the forums to get her put in as a villain-robot since she looks more like a Wily-bot than a helperbot.

Comcept took notice and decided to make her the main villain. And considering William White looks like he'll be a villain in future series, she might retain the role of a villainous Call.
>>
>Avi's stage
>That Boss Arena
>Sniper power eats 1/10th of your Bar in exchange for something around 1/20th of his HP and it's just faster to use blade like most bosses
Just NO.
>>
>>342955103
yes but those were made by people who dont normally have a few million a year in a salary
>>
>>342966102
shoot his little doodad thing

it'll bounce between the two of them if you hit it right and take off the whole purple chunk in one go
>>
>>342961801
She rarely gets any screen time and she's basically an emotionless robot made for navigating and nothing else.
Your better off fantasizing about her than seeing how she actually acts.
>>
artbook scans where?
>>
>>342966940

You can shoot the side platforms from the center to bounce shots in his face when he does his upward/downward gatling attacks too
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 19

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.