[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is nba 2k16 so shit? >stuck in animations >the graphics
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10
File: NBA_2K16_cover_art.jpg (37 KB, 300x426) Image search: [Google]
NBA_2K16_cover_art.jpg
37 KB, 300x426
Why is nba 2k16 so shit?

>stuck in animations
>the graphics are still shit, faces are laughable compared to other games
>spike lee
>vic van lier
>Freak Vibrator
>7'3 center inability to make a layup on a 5'9 highschool player
>>
Because it's a sports game? Also fuck apedunk.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (215 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
215 KB, 1920x1080
Fucking laughed at my black ghetto family raising a pasty white boy who is 7'3, what a fucking wild ride spike lee!
>>
>Can have a white HS player be raised by a black family and to avoid anyone asspulling that they were just adopted, give your character a black twin sister as well and have the retarded nickname be related to your birth
>Also have your coach randomly be racist no matter your skin color

It's a shame because they actually improved GM Mode, but they went all-in on Spike Lee being the selling point to the entire game without realizing he will ruin MyCareer
>>
Why do these retards change the controls every year?
>>
>It's been countless years without a "white mans voice" option
>white "black hating, racist" agent
>white owner, "billionaire"

This game really appeals to blacks

>inb4 NBA is all black
>>
Fuck the Spike Lee bullshit so goddamn much. In a mode all about creating your own player, they lock you in to all this stupid garbage. How can they be so retarded?

>>342944431
Also this.
>>
because 2K
>>
>>342944270
>>342944620
>>342943682
Don't forget the worse

>want to try a new position or do a new player
>HAVE TO PLAY 7 GAMES OF HS/COLLEGE AND PLAY OR SIMULATE 8 GAMES OF THE NBA

with the loading screens this can take up to 40+ minutes, and that's skipping everything
>>
>>342944270

the story had potential but really went to shit
you have no ability to impact the story at ALL

what could have worked is if they gave you options such as

>stay another year in college ball or not
>sign with pagnotti or some other less flashy agent
>make your own decisions to cut off vic or not, instead of making me fucking kicked off the team for being with him
>Give the player the option to fuck yvette

all of these choices could of impacted the story and have possibilities of multiple endings

fuck this game

you are forced into being a shitty off the court player, kicked off team rookie season, and to top it all off....FREQUENCY VIBRATIONS!
>>
>>342944710
>live your story
>only one actual decision (which college to go) that doesn't affect everything
>your character has his own personality, voice, etc

yeah, they really did a good job with "MyCareer" what fucking hacks 2k are
>>
File: 354558-633835.jpg (36 KB, 594x396) Image search: [Google]
354558-633835.jpg
36 KB, 594x396
how do i do a sky hook in this game?
>>
File: nba-2k16-college-teams.png (366 KB, 765x424) Image search: [Google]
nba-2k16-college-teams.png
366 KB, 765x424
>mfw my nickname is an insult
>>
>>342944893
the story is shit, even with all those decision you would have to deal with the fact that

>you are african-american with a twin-sister, even if you are a white
>your character is mentally retarded and has personality of his own
>Frequency Vibrations is a terrible nickname
>the game and the story is made for black people

"a boy from da hood rises to the nba" thats the literal story
>>
>>342943758
>sports games
>universally bad
Man...you got picked on a lot didn't you, weeb.

Try your hand at titles like NBA 2K on the proper difficulties and weep harder than you ever did playing "difficult" games like Dark Souls. Plus, you'll be learning about a real sport that will allow you to interface with people at sports bars and pick up drunken sorority girls. Win-win.

>>342944270
I was wondering if the coach made the same comments regardless of what race your character was. I made a black dude for obvious reasons, so the Cadillac comment made sense. I don't understand why they have an option to make Freq anything other than black and just put their create-a-player options elsewhere.
>>
File: Laughing-gif_1.gif (541 KB, 480x228) Image search: [Google]
Laughing-gif_1.gif
541 KB, 480x228
>mfw Freq has a "4.0 GPA"
>>
I love the fact that everyone treats you like a superstar even if you play like trash

>average 5 turnovers and 0% FG on HS
>BUT YOU ARE GOING TO BE THE 1# DRAFT PICK, YOU CANT STAY IN COLLEGE

>play 2 minutes in the nba every game
>being a 55 OVR you cant score a fucking basket
>treated like a fucking superstar
>>
>>342945049
>the proper difficulties
you mean the ones where the AI blatantly cheats?
>>
>>342945012
>>342944620
Do black people even like this? It seems like it panders way to hard.
>>
So does anything happen after the rookie season? Or did they waste all the story on the spike lee shit?
>>
>>342945086
he a gud boi a honor roll student finna get his life back on track
>>
>>342945012
That could totally work if it was more earnest and better written. 2k16's story mode was full of dumbass cliches and the ending where it was revealed that the narrative was Vic's story about the 'hood catching up to him told from beyond the grave was dumb as fuck.

>people hating on Freq's VO/character
I found him fairly likable; he had some laidback charisma to him. But, the screenplay does zero favors for the character.
>>
File: do_not_cry_franku_6884.png (90 KB, 350x192) Image search: [Google]
do_not_cry_franku_6884.png
90 KB, 350x192
>the announcers call me freak
>my family calls me a freak
>my sister calls me a freak
>my best friend vic calls me a freak
>i call myself freak
>>
>>342945130
>n-not fair
>they-they cheat!!!
Nope. I bet some shitty sport titles do this...just like shitty RPG/RTS/FPS do. But, well crafted sports titles will only punish you for making poor tactical decisions.
>>
>>342945049
dude, NBA 2k is not even close to playing it to real life, its a shitfest, plaged by forced animations, unrealistic basketball and bad players

playing against the CPU is boring, it's either a blowout in All-star difficulty, or artificial difficulty in Superstar, where a fucking 70 3pt player can make threes like Curry, or every SF play like Lebron

then you can try online, you can try MyPark, and wait for 20 minutes for a game to finish and be greeted against cheesers with Jamal Crawford signature cross right and just hero-balling

and lets not forget the online head-to-head, you can play these 4 teams

>GSW where Curry will have a 65/105 3pt FGA
>Cavaliers where he will chuck threes with Kyrie or just drive with lebron
>Thunder where he will chuck threes with durant and westbrook
>Rockets threes with harden

yes, what a time to be alive
>>
>>342945178
It just dumps Freq into a standard story-less career mode.
>>
>black family
>ghetto friend gets himself killed
>rich White team owner
>rich White agent

spike is creative
>>
>>342945374
>well crafted sports titles
i.e. not those by 2K
>>
>>342945280
the problem is that Freq is supposed to be you, but in reality is Spike Lee's self insert

I liked better NBA 2k14, it was cheesy but at least it was cheesy in a good way
>>
>>342945178
it starts your real "Mycareer" where you actually play the game
>>
>>342943682
>playing sports games
Normies and summer can leave please.
>>
>>342945421
Note I stated the 2K series was overall quality. I only played through the clownshoe's Spike Lee mode of 2K16 via Redbox rental for a night. But, you need to GTFO if you though 2k12-2K14 were not awesome. Let alone the dreamcast originals which defined smooth.

Not to mention NFL 2K series.
>>
>>342945178

you disown your family and sister
and begin your shit career
>>
File: image.jpg (83 KB, 579x576) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
83 KB, 579x576
>>342945452
> try to reflect reality
> whitey complains
Nigga can't even get a god damn break
>>
>>342945625
NBa 2k11 and 2k14 were the only good ones, the rest have more flaws than everything
>>
So, which 2k is best 2k?
>>
>any sports game
>career mode
>character starts off at overall 55
>can't throw fastball for strikes, only 2 pitches
>overall 70 speed and shit catching ability for wr
>can't shoot more than 20% fg, layup or defend at any position
>actually get to a decent level by age 30 season

This triggers me so much, I get picked in the first round yet have no fucking skills.

Rating systems need overhauls in career mode
>>
Why is there no tutorial in this game?
>>
>>342945858
Buy our in-game currency :^)
>>
>>342945858

fking this
>>
>>342945763
well it depends. Are you black? then you should buy every single game. Oh and also get a pair of new J's because that's the only way you can express your love for something is by buying all the brand name shit.
>>
>>342945421
>blowout on All-star, arty cheese on Superstar
hngh, hit the nail on the head.
i can't beat GSW on Superstar and i'm on 2k15. i was about to beat them with the East All-stars, then all of a sudden Steph hit a 3 from like half court with a hand in his face, i forgot about that possibility and didn't immediately foul, i could have prevented it, but still, cmon..
>>
>>342946353
he probably would have made it even with the foul

the game is usually pretty scripted in the clutch situations, maybe to make it more interesting
>>
>>342946190
Especially with the show it could be easily fixed
>pitcher
>can improve/add pitches in spring training, as well as some stamina, recovery stuff but not wholesale changes like adding 10mph to fastball
>during season actually approaching each batter as you would irl leads to better results
>get scouting reports before each start
>if you can attack each batters weakness you'll be successful, whether rookie reliever or 10 year all star
>>
>>342946353
But he did that in the regular season too
>>
File: 73 win.jpg (430 KB, 1200x948) Image search: [Google]
73 win.jpg
430 KB, 1200x948
Is LeBron rated 99 at NBA 2k17?
>>
>>342947023
do they shoot 80% fg in the regular season too?
you have to go basket for basket with them or you basically lose. unless you play really really good defense.
>>
>>342947198
Download some realistic sliders
You can't use them in career mode so I guess recreate your rookie in a draft class in MyGM and play whatever team he gets drafted on
Set your preferred position to whatever your rookie is
Play the games you want

There, a better more customizable mycareer mode.
>>
>>342947108
no, he will be a 95-97

and Curry will still be at 90+, fucking overrated player
>>
>>342947023
he also had shitty playoff games where he was just chucking bricks

that's not recreate in the game for example
>>
>>342947774
>overrated
>back to back mvps
>NBA champion
>73 wins
>falls short in one series against Lebron fucking James
C'mon senpai Curry is easily around a 92, the most overrated player in 2K is Harden, he shouldn't even have stats for defense
>>
>>342947970
Curry is a team system baby and he wouldn't do shit if he wasn't in a team with so much talent

he has no defense, he's not physical, can't create, can't make good passes, the only thing he can do is chuck threes and if he bricks them its over

put him on a shitty team, he will not do anything, now, put Lebron on a shitty team and he will dominate like he did on his rookie season
>>
>>342948713
>can't create
Didn't know I was dealing with bait, sorry, I'll just leave
>>
File: steph bogut.jpg (529 KB, 1024x691) Image search: [Google]
steph bogut.jpg
529 KB, 1024x691
>Remove Illegal Screener
>Lose 3 straight games
>>
>>342948797
making contested shots it's not creating
>>
>>342945153
I don't fuck this shit
>>
>>342943871
>that part where your shithead friend blackmails you into giving him your car
>then he gets in a car crash
>and you're supposed to feel bad for him becuase he had a hard life that was never once really discussed until now

that story was so fucking bad, I loved it
>>
Any news on 2k17's story mode?
No spike lee again I hope.
>>
File: 1457659841877.jpg (60 KB, 525x530) Image search: [Google]
1457659841877.jpg
60 KB, 525x530
>>342945128
>YOU'RE TOO GOOD FOR COLLEGE YOU GOTTA GET DRAFTED RIGHT NOW YOU'LL BE NUMBER ONE
>drafted in the mid 30's for a literally who team like the Nets
>make an average of four points a game, only on the court for about five minutes a game, usually at the end when you've basically lost anyway
>FREQ YOU'RE A SUPERSTAR YOU CAN JUST SPEND HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS LIKE IT'S LITERALLY NOTHING TO YOU AND THE ONLY REASON YOU AREN'T THE HOTTEST FREE AGENT IS YOUR DUMB FRIEND
>lose every single match, maybe one of them wasn't a 20+ point deficit
>FREQ YOU'RE A SUPERSTAR HERE'S YOUR OWN AIR JORDAN LINE

I don't keep up with the NBA at all, honestly I'm more of a wrestling guy, but I feel like I played a jobber that got treated like he was the world champion.
Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.