[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I'm looking for games with weird fantasy setting, examples
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4
File: Planescape.jpg (108 KB, 692x544) Image search: [Google]
Planescape.jpg
108 KB, 692x544
I'm looking for games with weird fantasy setting, examples of those could be Oddworld, Morrowind, Planescape and Pathologic.
>>
>Zeno Clash
>Folklore
>Shivering Isles
>>
Hmm, would NWN 2 - Mask of the Betrayer count?

It's not exactly the standard stuff you see in D&D games.
>>
File: sacrifice.jpg (58 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
sacrifice.jpg
58 KB, 640x480
>>342940775
>Zeno Clash
My nigga.

Sacrifice sounds like it'd be right up your alley, OP.
>>
>>342940775
>Zeno Clash
Damn, how could I forget that one. I'm usually the first to recommend it.
>>342941156
I did play it and it is. Sacrifice as well, it's kind of a shame to admit but it was kind of hard for me, so I never beat it. I don't play strategy games too often and this one had a pretty hard interface to handle. So in the end I just went over the artbooks to look at the cool monsters.
>>
>>342940536
Primal has a great setting. Good gameplay too.
>>
>>342941369
Yeah, I feel you there, I ended up dropping it for the same reason.

You might also like Soul Sacrifice. It's got some really amazing art design, though unfortunately it's stuck on the PS Vita.
>>
File: preview_04[1].png (1 MB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
preview_04[1].png
1 MB, 1024x768
>>342940536
Arcanum is steampunk fantasy, really neat. Not all that weird, but you've got orcs, zeppelins and necromancy in the same game, so there's that.
>>
>>342943704
>orcs, zeppelins and necromancy in the same game

So Warcraft?
>>
>>342943796
Warcraft doesn't have magic/science exclusivity because the first one bends laws of physics while the second one works according to the laws of physics
>>
Other Ice Pick Lodge games like The Void.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.