[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where do you go when you have no one to talk about a game with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: 10rpr0n.jpg (74 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
10rpr0n.jpg
74 KB, 600x600
Where do you go when you have no one to talk about a game with because it's old or niche or no one fucking plays it?

If I make a thread about the game on /v/ it will 404 instantly
If I make a post on edit it will be ignored
If I make a thread for "games that normally don't get discussed" on /v/ it will 404
If I make a thread for "games that normally don't get discussed" on /vg/ it will 404

Is there nowhere?
>>
Whats the game?
>>
>>342936964
I wish people would stop posting madotsuki. I knew one on the internet once, and she was the most vile transexual I'd ever met. Hurts.
>>
File: 1366505321012.gif (495 KB, 500x223) Image search: [Google]
1366505321012.gif
495 KB, 500x223
>>342937171
The Long Dark
>>
>>342937349
At least people have heard of The Long Dark.

Guess how many people have heard of "Forward to the Sky" or "Starchaser: Priestess of the Night Sky"?

No one except me.
>>
>>342937525
Tell me about those games anon so that you will at least have someone to talk to about them. Maybe you can convince me to buy em
>>
>>342937349
Shit I see people talk about it often here. It gets mentioned a lot in threads about other survival games, like it gets mentioned in almost every Subnautica thread.
>>
>>342936964
You just don't. Maybe on steam community if the game is on steam. I've always found it pretty weird how nearly everyone has played Worms at least once but yet literally no one discusses it,be in on /v/ or anywhere else.
>>
Im with you OP, Long Dark is actually >fun and pretty immersive
>>
>>342937804
>nearly everyone has played Worms at least once but yet literally no one discusses it

Probably because theres not really a lot to talk about. Its like how we never talk about Tetris, or the original Super Mario.

We've all played them, they're good games. No more to discuss.
>>
>>342937873
Tell me about your current or last run
>>
>>342937804
>>342937926

Don't you know? Most people here, and on steam, are children.

Kids these days don't care about our "shitty oldfag games."

Its all about contemporary vidya nowadays.
>>
File: 1467019514550.gif (768 KB, 500x340) Image search: [Google]
1467019514550.gif
768 KB, 500x340
Feel you OP. Eventually you'll forget about it and move on. Try /vg/ or /vr/, I've had some success with them.
>>
>>342937674
Forward to the Sky is one of the cutest games you'll ever play. It's pretty short (like, 100% in 4 hours short) but it's a good ride nonetheless. Play as a princess off to defeat an evil witch in a floating castle who has stolen magic crystals from the world and turned people into monsters. It's got a nice story to it and it's very heartwarming.

Legit spoilers now, the witch is just a girl your age who was blamed for things completely out of her control and almost killed by selfish, greedy townspeople. The magic crystals that are prevalent throughout the game are actually sentient and tried to protect the girl by taking her far away where no one else could harm her. The monsters are just townspeople who succumbed to their own greed and desires for the crystals, it has nothing to do with the witch. As the princess learns all this she no longer wants to climb the floating castle to fight the witch but be her friend.

As for Starchaser... It's a simple but addictive puzzle game, where you control a young girl in a world where gravity will change if you approach certain panels. This leads to things like jumping off cliffs to fall back onto it and such. It's a fun game with neat boss battles. Very cute.

They're both fairly cheap and worth an afternoon or two playing them. Or replaying them when you're feeling a bit blue.
>>
>>342936964
Wait for some nostalgia thread or random thread about X from vidya games and try to post something related to it and see if people respond
>>
>>342937349
Have you tried the steam community hub?
>>
>>342936964
>Play something obscure
>Play weird and uncomfortable playing it because you know /v/ will never talk about it

This is what I feel like playing half the PSP library
>>
>>342936964
/vg/ fag
>>
>>342942316
*feel weird
>>
Have you tried /vr/?
>>
>>342936964
What game?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.