[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Best MGS gameplay ever >everyone hated it because "muh
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26
File: MGSV_The_Phantom_Pain_boxart.jpg (169 KB, 300x370) Image search: [Google]
MGSV_The_Phantom_Pain_boxart.jpg
169 KB, 300x370
>Best MGS gameplay ever
>everyone hated it because "muh story"
>>
File: 1466644086519.jpg (23 KB, 480x336) Image search: [Google]
1466644086519.jpg
23 KB, 480x336
The story and "NO CHAPTER 3" are far from what most people hate about this game
>Removal of iconic snake voice actor Hayter
>Mission structures
>Over powered buddies like D-dog and D-Sniper
>Forced poorly written plot twists for certain characters
>Quite shoved down your throats
>No boss battles
>Repeating bland missions
>No way to start a new game with different difficulties
>Fulton the rank D soldier missions
>Lame base building
>FOB balancing
>MGO3
>>
Sneaking around and shooting at stuff felt good, but the mission design was total repetitive shit and the whole open world angle added very little to the game. Having to tranq and fulton everything not bolted to the floor for the entire game if you actually wanted equipment options was a poor design decision also.
>>
>>342931838
>Removal of iconic snake voice actor Hayter

Meh.

>Mission structures

Yes pretty lame, but that was in 4 as well. They were at least pretty big, and not like peace walker.

>No boss battles

They were always pretty weak after the first game. The boss' character design were always what was good though.

>Repeating bland missions

That's a personal problem. You don't have to grind if you don't want to.

That's all I wanted to comment on.
>>
And the repetitive fucking missions. But no, let's act like everything was perfect except for the story.
>>
>>342932764
Weak comment. Seeing how you're okay with this garbage it does not surprise me on how you replied
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (143 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
143 KB, 1920x1080
What I wanted was linear open stages like MGS3/4 and Ground Zeroes, but instead I got open world borefest and 15 minutes of WHOOOOOAAAAA cringe for a story.
>>
>>342932843
>random projections and faggotry: the post

Ok.
>>
>>342931514

>not a single level better than its own 20 dollar demo

Why is this allowed
>>
>>342932764
>They were always pretty weak after the first game.

This should be considered bait on general principal. Even if he's not baiting, he might as well be.
>>
>>342931514
best gameplay in the MGS series isn't saying much. Still repetitive and easy.
>mgsv babbies
>>
>Same gameplay (or controls) as MGS4 but more polished
>Everything else is worse
You are literally praising the game for having MGS controls
>>
>>342932764
>No boss battles
>They were always pretty weak after the first game. The boss' character design were always what was good though.
Wrong you sandnigger.
Is that english?
>>
>>342932764
>hey were at least pretty big
There are only 2 large missions in the entire game. When you rescue Code Talker, and want to confront Skill Face.

Some mission took about a minute of actual gameplay. For mission 32, getting to the base took me longer than strapping a balloon to the the target and leaving the hot zone did.
>>
>>342932871
I'm glad FFXV is going back to open world. FF games were the only Japanese games that should've kept doing that. Story actually looks like it's going to have a goddamned conclusion, too.

Konami committing stock suicide, along with the huge budget that they decided to okay until the new CEO stepped in, killed MGSV. I still wonder how much better it would've been if we got a finished product.
>>
>>342931514
>Best MGS gameplay ever

imagine if that great gameplay part of the game that actually makes sense.
hypothetically, wouldn't that make it a BETTER game? huh?
>>
File: 1444876756452.png (421 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1444876756452.png
421 KB, 680x680
What is the best level to farm S rank women?
>>
>>342931514
Popular opinion is to hate every new MG's story when it's new

There's just as much if not more "cut content" in MGS2 and that's hailed as a perfect game by the majority of the fanbase.

I really hate these fake fans that pretend like something "just isn't a good metal gear game" because they read a wiki or something.
>>
Why does /v/ hate game stories so much?

WRPGs were built on stories since thr 90s. Is it some kind of Nintendo purist dicksucking?
>>
>>342933116
I don't
Going open world is hurting FFXV and it'll hurt it more than MGSV
>shitty graphics because it's open world
>unstable performance
>dynamic resolution whoch still doesn't fix the issues
>big boring playing field instead of well crafted battle arenas
>story keeps getting rewrites all the time
>wasting dev time making the big boring maps
Open world was a mistake
>>
>>342933339
>y-y-you're not a real fan if you don't praise kojima cock
disgusting.
>>
>>342933478
>shitty graphics because it's open world

Uh?

MGSV is one of the nicest looking games in existence.
>>
>>342933339
>MGS2
>hailed as a perfect game by the majority of the fanbase.
that's wrong and you're clearly new here.
>>
>>342933339
I don't hate mgsv but that game literally cut out the climax of the final chapter, mgs2 had some shit missing but at least it ends. MGSV just keeps going indefinetly because it has no proper conclusion, the truth mission has nothing to do with the main plot. MGSV starts off with a threat about parasites and a new metal gear and both are still active at the end of the game.
>inb4 "it's meant to be that way for a le phantom pain"
It's bullshit they made up and you all know it
>>
>>342933548
I was talking about FFXV
Hence the "more than MGSV"
>>
>>342933602
Except not? Is one of the most dickridden games in existence
>>
>>342933642
>because open world

Open world has nothing to do with it, stop trying to shift blame and make excuses for nip devs
>>
>basically going to be the last mgs game
>for real this time because konami is being retarded
>kojima decides that instead of tying up all of the loose ends of the story and making one last homage to the series, it would be better to make a fucking open world desert game where the only significant thing that happens is that we find out how big boss survived in mg1
No man in his right mind could possibly think that open world + desert would work, right?
>>
>>342933725
Oh don't get me wrong, the devs are at fault here as well
There is no excuse for making a combat system worse than KH2
And again it's looking worse than MGSV
MGSV had great graphics, rock solid 60fps on consoles and the best gameplay and controls in the series
FFXV has none of that
>>
>>342931514
The story is shit and the story is part of that game.

If it was just a purely gameplay game that would be an entirely different matter, but no, the shitty gameplay is part of it.

[foodanalogy] it's like eating the best muffin with literal shit for toppings. it might be the best muffin but you're still eating shit with it. [foodanalogy]
>>
gameplay =/= gameplay mechanics

it has the best mechanics

going through the boring empty world, waiting way too long for """fast""" travel, and no difficulty modes puts is under at least 2 and 3
>>
>>342933660
you're clearly new.
it's one of the most hated games in existence and anyone that likes it is considered a pretentious retard, just hang around here for a while longer and see it for yourself. even mgsv hate was aimed at mgs2 fans.
>>
>>342931514
>>Best MGS gameplay ever
It's the RE6 problem, the level structure doesn't support the gameplay mechanics. That's why GZ > TPP.
>>
I just hate running for 30 minutes to reach the objective.
>>
>>342933339
They didn't even take the time to change dialogue or remove tutorial prompts from repeat missions.

At no point in MGS2 was it obvious that the Dev team was fired mid game and they needed to copy and past shit to fill out their arbitrarily decided mission count.

It is like if MGS2 ended with the president grabbing your dick, and the rest of the game was random VR missions.
>>
>>342934078

This.
>>
>>342934073
>you're new because i have no argument so ill try and insult you instead
>>
>>342933858
Yeah Kojima went full retard and the setting was awful
I started having RDR flashbacks during the endless horse rides from one side of the map to the other
People who design these things need to be imprisoned for a month and think about what they made
>>
the gameplay is garbage
>>
File: FFDawnofSouls_FF1map.png (2 MB, 4128x3754) Image search: [Google]
FFDawnofSouls_FF1map.png
2 MB, 4128x3754
>>342933478
The franchise helped invent open world. If anybody has the right to go that direction, it's them.

The graphics still look nice despite what I'm being told, the story, considering its September release date, is done being rewritten (and again is much more likely to have an actual ending, unlike MGSV), there are already a nice handful of minigames confirmed, and some bigass towns that are separate from the world map.

There's also the question of whether the map is boring. I've already seen much more map variation than MGSV, and the minigames and travel methods shown thus far already have my attention.

Framerate doesn't make a shit to me as long as it's not constantly in the low 20s, so even that issue is easily overlooked, at least from where I'm sitting.

I also can't really call the playing field a bad alternative to the "entirely new map for battles" method. I've played turnbased for nearly 20 years. The battle system in the XV demo seemed like a nice change of pace.

TL;DR it still looks pretty good. I ain't preordering it, but I'm not seeing a bad game.
>>
>>342934139
I gave you arguments you mongoloid, you just need to overcome your faggotry when someone insults you and get past that.
Literally during MGSV release the hate was directed towards MGS2 fans for being another "presumptuous" game. Every month there's a MGS thread here where talking shit about mgs2 is mandatory and /mgg/ is biased as fuck.

That's why I said you're new. And you are. Now get over it and stop crying it's not the worst insult in the world, you fucking faggot.
>>
>>342934078
But I loved RE6
What annoyed me about MGSV was that I was constantly covering huge distances because of the fucking open world instead of being in the thick of the action like in other MGS games
>>
>>342931514
>Best MGS gameplay ever
Dunno man, Picked it up in te steam sale after having played GZ borrowed from a friend and the other MGS games from the collection. I'm pretty disappointed that the TECHNOLOGY is downgraded
>No Partial damage
On the fucking PS2 you could shoot a guard in the foot and he'd limb, now it's removed.
>No way to shoot someone's radio
>Almost no interaction with held up Guards
>No difficulty setting
Game is horribly easy, even with all the markers disabled

Also storytime:
>play the Huey mission
>Metal Gear appears
>ohshitohshitohshit
>call D-Horse
>throw huey on it
>objective is to escape
>ride along the road
>SNAKE YOU ARE LEAVING THE MISS- WHY HAVE YOU ABORTED THE MISSION???
>wat
>mission is aborted and I have to do all the shit at the powerplan again
apparently the horse didn't stop fast enough, but this is pretty symptomatic for the game I fear. In any other MG game you do some pretty wacky shi to defeat bosses (like sniping the End preemptivly) and now I can't even just ride of in the sunset and deliver Huey somewhere else?
>>
It's like watching an incredibly well shot movie that has an awful script and acting. Sure I can appreciate that it looks nice, but the visuals aren't all that matters in a movie.
>>
File: UWydWHA.jpg (532 KB, 1012x1604) Image search: [Google]
UWydWHA.jpg
532 KB, 1012x1604
>>342934139
>i spouted a personal opinion that objectively wrong
>i have no arguments so i'll just greentext intead
mgsvbabbies
Mgs2 is one of the most hated and divisive games in the series nigger.
>>
>>342933858
The tapes do tie up every single loose end from the other games though.
This game even explains how and why the Patriots AI went crazy.
In fact I would say it focuses way too much on explaining shit instead of having its own narrative.
>>
>>342934356
>>SNAKE YOU ARE LEAVING THE MISS- WHY HAVE YOU ABORTED THE MISSION???
This is a perfect example of why the game is moronic. In every other mission, that would have completed the mission and extracted the target. But for some reason Kaz decided they needed the Helicopter in that exact area this time because fuck you.
>>
>>342931514
>MGO3 was basically dead on arrival
>troop/resource grinding
>certain gameplay elements are poorly implemented and don't see a lot of essential usage
>recycled missions
>sold as Big Boss's big heel turn arc in all the promos but wasn't
>couldn't keep tonally consistent like GZ
>parasites
>self-indulgent Kojima brand auteur faggotry everywhere
>major plot threads unceremoniously abandoned with no climax
>no pooyan minigame

There's lots of things to hate about MGSV.
>>
>>342934327
If they make the big empty fields and deserts like they did in older FF games, meaning they make them super small so you can move fast from towns to dungeons than I'll love it
But it won't be like that, it won't have a scaled down world map, you'll physically have to cross giant distances which will bore me to tears like in almost every other open world game because it turns into a walking/driving/flying simulator
And if I wanted a driving/flying simulation I'd get a game made for that
Gameplay is a step down from a ps2 game and that's disappointing as fuck
>>
>>342934503
the tapes are terrible.

In PW the tapes have dialogues that actually show the different interactions and relations between characters. It made the characters and the tapes feel real.

In V the tapes are just blunt exposition. It's not explanation, it's exposition.
There's barely any dialogue or sense of personality. The only thing that comes remotely close to that are the tapes about Kaz hamburgers.
>>
>>342934334
>being another "presumptuous" game.
Explain to me what that mean.
>>
>>342934698
Not saying it is because I don't agree with that criticism and that's far from being the point.
>>
It doesn't have the best MGS gameplay because it barely plays like MGS.

MGS gameplay = MGS1, 2 and 3 (hell, 4 too really) gameplay, not this autistic pseudo-Splinter-Cell garbage.
>>
>>342934698
>meant?
>means?
what are you trying to say nigger?
>>
>>342934449
jesus fuck scrooge mcduck was savage
>>
>>342931514
Open world killed the game for me.
It's nice at first but its gets rerpetitve and dull like every other sandbox game.
Instead or story driven game we get a carbon copy of PS2 Mercenaries.
>>
>>342934652
That's a matter of personal taste. I personally like driving and flying around. Better than the endless hallways of FFXIII and the similar linearity of X. And it has an actual protagonist, unlike XII, which felt like it consisted entirely of side characters.

You'd also be stupid to think there won't be fast travel. Even games known for their survival aspects have fucking fast travel.
>>
>>342934698
>>I don't agree with that criticism
Good because it doesn't make any sense. I doubt you saw many discussions where people were describing the game like that.
>>
>>342934652
What if it was a big world, but it managed not to waste the space?

Not saying it'll be like that at all, but would would you think then?
>>
by gameplay people mean it has nice smooth animations. these retards dont realize gameplay is more then that. making a big open world game is much easier then making a game with thought out missions. i mean mgs 1 2 and 3 dont really have "missions" but its a mission that is designed really well for the most part. some people have complaints about some parts of these games but overall its very good. i think they should of took the style of mgs 1 or 2 and expanded on it more. or even mgs 3.

i guess it can be a fun game if your about messing around with gadgets but they still could of made everything else better
>>
>>342935025
But fast travel means a ton of loading screens
Why can't we have a linear game or a hub world like Kingdom Hearts or Dragon Age, since they're so desperate to be western?
>>342935097
What does that mean exactly?
>>
>>342935059
You quoted the wrong post fuckwit.

> I doubt you saw many discussions where people were describing the game like that.
Don't know what to tell you. using >>342934449
experssion, MGS2 is one of the most divisive games in the series...somehow you disagree. Can't tell you to travel back in time, or google it, nor call you new here without being patronizing so believe what you want.
>>
File: 1426372353550.webm (3 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1426372353550.webm
3 MB, 1280x720
>>342935059
>I doubt you saw many discussions where people were describing the game like that.
L
O
L
Are you fucking joking?
For YEARS 2 has been criticised left and right everywhere. Autistic retards made thesis about 2 message and pseudo-complexity. You can't have a thread about 2 on /v/.

You're a retard.
>>
>>342935180
>Why can't we have a linear game?

Because everybody decided FFXIII was shit because of it. And a hub world would just make everyone complain and call it a Souls clone.

The thing is it doesn't matter what XV does. People will bitch and moan about the decisions made. The fact that they appear to be going balls out is fine by me. It looks like it'll be worth playing, even through the flaws.

Of course the end result remains to be seen, for either side, but that's just my look at it.

Also a 10 second loading screen wouldn't be much different than running south for 20 seconds in your ideal map.
>>
>>342931514
>series forces its story in your face at every opportunity with ridiculous cutscene lengths and plot points all over the place
>WOW STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT THE STORY
Maybe when Kojima stops wanting me to care, I'll stop caring.
>>
>>342935180
>What does that mean exactly?

I mean your biggest gripe with a large world map is that its generally barren, something I agree with.
My question was how you'd feel if a large world map managed not to be barren.
>>
>>342935195
>>342935352
Dude, describing the game as presumptuous literally does not make any sense.

Did you mean pretentious? A typo is one thing, but using the wrong big word to try and sound smart makes you seem like a complete fuckhead.
>>
>>342935432
this.

OP is a retard. The quality of the story needs to be a relevant part of the game since it's fucking everywhere.
>>
>>342935482
I'm >>342935352 (You) and>>342934449 and I'm arguing with you that 2 is criticized has fuck.
>>
>>342935482
>Did you mean pretentious?

As if that would be any different than calling it presumptuous.
>>
Sonic CD is a better mgs game than MGSV
>>
File: FFXV_Map_04.png (1 MB, 1607x854) Image search: [Google]
FFXV_Map_04.png
1 MB, 1607x854
Since we're on the subject of final fantasy, is this pic confirmed or was it just speculation?
>>
>>342931514
>Best MGS gameplay

Stop it. Stop this meme
>>
>>342935482
well V was a presumptuous failure from the start kek.

not even the same anon, your mgs2 tantrum is just funny.

pls ignore
>>
>>342931514
i loved it, one of the best games in 15 years. only video game in a long long time that i just couldn't stop playing.

I'm gonna go through it a second time one day much more legit, no buddies etc.

I cannot fathom why they didn't release single player DLC, especially when the last mission was already made. Sad, such an amazing engine and amazing game and tehy're just washing their hands. But the best of Kojima is to come, and I'm glad he's free from metal gear.
>>
>>342934327
You really can't compare the open world of old FF games to open world of MGSV due to the nature of their genres.
>>
>>342934681
So you agree with me?
>>
>>342935818
You don't sound like a drone or a fanboy at all.
>>
>>342935838
I wasn't comparing that example to MGSV. I was just saying that Final Fantasy has pretty much every right to give open world a shot.
>>
>>342935873
ok?
>>
>>342935476
I'd love it if the entire game was set in a city, but that'd be impossible since it has many nations
So the game should be set in the 4 capitals for the open world and a cutscene or loading screen takes you to the dungeons
Or just a ps1 style world map
>>342935414
So they took FFXIII shitposting seriously even though the game sold over 7 million copies?
SE are fucking dumbasses, doesn't everyone complain about CoD every year and it still keeps being the best selling game all the time?
Listening to the fans and the internet is the most moronic thing a creator can do
And the problem is that they're desperately trying to appeal to the west and they're taking the internet seriously
They are complete idiots, they should just do whatever they want, shitposters will shitpost regardless and millions will buy their games regardless
>>
>best gameplay
>barely a stealth game
>>
>>342935870
Yes. Sorry, I'm not the guy you were replying to.
>>
>>342935997
It means core mechanics, controls, and animations
>>
>>342934356
>but this is pretty symptomatic for the game I fear

it really isn't, because I had a problem with that same exact mission and it was the only problem of its sort in the game, really. it's just a single poorly designed part of a mission, doesn't really indicate anything about the greater game at all
>>
>>342935873
He sounds pretty fucking logical to me, anon. Voiced my exact thoughts. I had over 80 hours clocked into MGSV just fucking around and having fun in Chapter 1 and was very disappointed when it turned out the game was unfinished, possibly even beyond chapter 3.

Now that Kojima doesn't have to make Metal Gear games anymore (and he's said before he only intended to make 2 Solid games anyway), I'm glad he's having a fresh start with a new IP.
>>
File: tomokazu_fukushima_2.jpg (825 KB, 1512x4448) Image search: [Google]
tomokazu_fukushima_2.jpg
825 KB, 1512x4448
>>342935818
>one of the best games in 15 years
> more legit, no buddies
> why they didn't release single player DLC
> amazing engine and amazing game
> But the best of Kojima is to come
So much cancerous opinions in one post.
>>
>>342935997
>more stealth options than all other MG games combined
>barely stealth
>>
>>342935997
>games that aren't stealth suck
>>
>>342936153
yeah i'm way way way more interested in stuff like death stranding with a cool premise than just fanfic level series that goes on forever and continually gets more absurd

you seem to be positing that one of the best video game creators ever won't do anything relevant now that he's free from a fucking series he's been stuck in for 25 years probably maddeningly trying to escape it in his inner thoughts

a lot of you like the old MGS games more than MGSV because it's not valuable to you to be able to do things different ways; you're small thinkers. sorry.
>>
>>342936096
>I'm glad he's having a fresh start

Judging by the trailer it looks like it's fucked before it even began.
>>
>>342936190
>mgs game that aren't stealth are ok
>>342936156
>having the option to go full rambo in a mgs game is ok

mgsv fanboys in a nutshell
>>
>>342935714
>that big of an empty world
Let's hope not.
>>
>>342936252
>do things different ways; you're small thinkers. sorry.
Tip that fedora harder.
> than just fanfic level series that goes on forever and continually gets more absurd
you mean like MGSV?

love the contradictions, not you're not a drone, not one bit.
>>
>>342936260
>mgs game that aren't stealth are ok

The title means nothing anon. You're saying that if we put a MGS themed reskin over EVERY game in existance, the only games that would ever be good are stealth games? No strategy games, no tactics games, no action games, no fps games, just stealth, and only stealth?
What a fucking retard.
>>
>>342936017
Ah, makes sense. Yeah the tapes were a huge disappointment for me since I actually liked them a lot in PW. I didn't even want them to be as light hearted as PW's, but they needed at least some sort of personality outside of being huge plot dumps. Though saying that the game doesen't tie up loose ends is ludicrous when really it ties up too much (they even explained the Cobra power in a retarded way).
I never got this meme that the game left more questions than answers, yeah KoF was cut but you can see what would have been in the extra video. The only thing that is left up in the air is when exactly Miller leaves VS, but that sort of stuff is left ambiguous between every single mgs game (when exactly did snake leave meryl to join philantropy between mgs1 and 2? When did he start aging between mgs2 and 4? When did they rescue Sunny? Etc. etc.)
>>
>>342936260
>having the option to go full rambo in a mgs game is ok

You could do that in 3 btw, if you weren't playing it on the hardest difficulty, and if you were playing on the hardest difficulty there was NEVER a case of dramatic tension where you had to run from alert guards.
>>
>>342936359
i'm just curious, why do you think anyone would ever want to engage in conversation with you or discuss anything with you?

just like I have multiple tools available to me (like MGSV), you have fewer tools available to you and when you want to interact with someone, you just present negativity to try to goad them into responding with you.

I used to get carried away and actually bother, but at this point I'll leave you to consider the fact that you are worthless and don't contribute anything to any discussion here, ever.
>>
>>342933335
Prisoner Extraction 02 and 09. Just keep checkpointing to refresh stats. If you go back to the ACC it changes their appearance.

Also the White Momba Mission always spawns a female prisoner, but she always has the Gunman skill.
>>
>>342936252
>fanfic level series that goes on forever and continually gets more absurd
Weren't you praising the fuck out of V just now?
K
E
K

Oh boy, you want to suck Kojimbos cock at the same time that you're trying to justify his future project and his past shortcomings.

Yeah I agree with you. Good thing he got rid of that series. V was a piece of fanfic absurd shit.
>>
>>342936448
>-No camo index why?

replaced by a more advanced system. do you really think you're just hidden or not in mgsv like pre-thief1 gameplay or something?

>>342936260
>having the ability to play a game in different ways is somehow bad
retards in a dumbshell
>>
>>342931514
It gets old really quick desu. I replay the others every 2 or 3 years but I'll probably never play this again.
>>
>>342935991
It sounds to me like you just want the same thing over and over again. You'd be perfectly fine if they just kept making FFs using the PS1 format introduced in VII. You say that this game isn't meeting PS2 standards, and then you're saying you want it to go even further back and stick with PS1 standards.

By your logic if the sales for XV are strong enough (and you bet your ass they will be) then even your criticisms of the game will be lumped into the "shitposting" category.

From what I'm seeing Square Enix is doing what they want with XV. And now that I think about it they even defended XIII and made two similar sequels without giving a single fuck about criticism, so I guess they actually aren't making XV because they listened to the fans, who are complaining again anyway.

Your problem is that what they want, a vehicle-based open world somewhat reminiscent of the SNES and PS1 eras (only on a much larger scale) and the removal of stiff turn-based combat (which they've been trying to get rid of since at least XII, isn't necessarily what you want.

Even better is that if they listened to your proposal of how they should go about their next project, I sincerely doubt you'd call SE retarded for listening to you.
>>
>>342936535
>K
>E
>K

yeah that's about what i expected from you
>>
>Basically no bossfights.
>Open World map that basically had fucking NOTHING interesting in between outposts when they could have put in Mujahadeen soldiers fighting the Russians and had you navigate around that like in MGS4
>Only two fucking maps? What the fuck...
>Mother Base isn't at all useful and building it up does nothing for you.
>No camo index why?
>Missions end up being incredibly similar despite the fact that they could have added a lot more variety if they had wanted to
>No incentive to use any other soliders other than Snake, really
>No incentive to collect soldiers even if they are higher stats because Mother Base does nothing for you
>No incentive to not go fully lethal or non-stealth other than mission rankings (which is mostly fine, I liked being able to do every mission differently or choose which would work best for that mission, but there should be more of an incentive and more of a punishment for that
>No Gray Fox.
>>
>>342936480
>why do you think anyone would ever want to engage in conversation with you or discuss anything with you?
Because that's what you're doing. Weird that you can't see your own posts. Schizophrenia must be a bitch without medication.

>just like I have multiple tools available to me (like MGSV)
Can already smell the fedora. And is that an hint of cinnamon and pretentiousness?

Even if criticism hurts your special snowflake feelings it's still a response, learn to cope with it.

>I used to get carried away and actually bother
Good thing you're well past that. What a joke.
>>
>finally beat Part 1: Race
>kinda wish the game had endedd there since I know its only going to get worse

this game could have been so good, its sad
>>
>>342936672
>Greentext list of whines

fun game. forced stealth games aren't fun, never were. only people without motor skills are reliant on moving slow and doing very little.
>>
>>342936672
>no gray fox
fuck you and the entirety of the mgs fanbase for sucking that character's dick so much, you people are the reason everything gets recycled so much in the videogame industry, I'm glad they didn't even mention him in mgsv
>>
>>342936769
They already did questionable shit Liquid and Mantis so idk why people wanted Grey Fox shoehorned in the game
>>
>>342936383
>The title means nothing anon
then why calling it a mgs game? why buying a mgs game waiting it to play like a mgs game? what's the difference between some series and some other series?
>the only games that would ever be good are stealth games?
never said that you illiterate nigger.
>>
>>342936645
nice argument fanboy, that's what I expected from a fanboy.
>>
>>342936769
Suck a dick, faggot, he should have been in there based on the pre-established timeline of Metal Gear. Big Boss and Gray Fox met in Africa in the 80s. Why they didn't put him in and put in garbage Quiet is beyond me except for that Kouimbo is a hack.

>>342936765
can you read? i didnt say anything about it needing to be forced stealth, dipshit.
>>
>>342932764
reddit has infested /v/ like fucking crazy, look at this god damned comment
>>
>>342936765
>I want to play a MGS game but I don't want stealth
>>342936769
fox made sense in V. kojima is a hack
>>
>>342936823
>you illiterate
>why calling it
>why buying a mgs game waiting it
>>
>>342936928
You ARE reddit.
>>
>>342936905
Quiet was forced down everyone throat. Irrelevant character. And the way they forced a romantic relationship just fucked everything even more.
teenage tier writing.
>>
>>342936817
It wouldn't be shoehorned, canonically Big Boss and Gray Fox met in Africa in the 80s. Not only that but fucking Ocelot was shoehorned in there when Gray Fox could have been in that position in the game, it would have made a lot more since considering that he was Big Boss's most trusted lieutenant.

The game was a half-completed mess and the story was almost entirely hot convoluted garbage. It has some redeeming factors, like it being a fun stealth action shooter, but that's about it. It's not even unique in that aspect.
>>
MGS4 had better gameplay, the only issue is that there wasn't enough of it. It, too, had a shitty story but it was better than the one in MGSV as well.

The only thing MGSV has going on is the neat idea for MGS going open world, and even that turned out to be pretty bad. It's Peace Walker but with more peace and walking.
>>
>>342937036
MGS games never had a forced romantic relationship before.
>>
>>342937032
no you
> You're saying that if we put a MGS themed reskin over EVERY game in existance, the only games that would ever be good are stealth games?
>make a game
>call it MGS
>no stealth
>make a game
>call it FIFA 2016
>no stealth
>make a game
>call it Oni-chan Wetdream Plus
>no stealth
one of these is actually wrong
>>
>>342936631
Of course I'm a shitposter
I'd rather SE make their own game without using dumb fan feedback, or surveys and shit
But obviously if they had to listen to internet shitposters they might as well listen to my shitposting because it's what I'd like
They are clearly vying for western recognition instead of doing their own thing and I don't like that
You asked me what kid of open world I'd like, but I'd rather they drop the open world approach completely
And of course sales trump everything, for all the vitriol XIII had I dpubt it outnumbered the silent majority, the over 7 million sales
And finally if I had any actual say in the matter I'd go further into the action gameplay, tightening the controls, polishing the combat and perfecting the combos and animations and drop the open world, exploration, driving, and flying entirely in favor of more bosses and more focus on story, lore, character relationships, combat, dungeon crawling, aesthetics, and music and I'd strive for 60fps first and foremost
>>
>>342936817
Fox's appearance would've actually fit in with the canon far more than Liquid Jr and baby Mantis and Zombie Volgin though.
>>
>>342936973
oh you sure showed me :^)
I can improve my grammar, you can't improve your poor comprehension.
>>
>>342932631

> but the mission design was total repetitive shit

This was my problem with it. I would have been fine with open world if not for the way it was implemented being "infiltrate the same base for a slightly different objective 10 times".
>>
>>342937227
>call it MGS
>no stealth

Are you even aware that you could play most of the previous MGS games without stealth anon?
>>
>>342937179
>t-t-t-t-the other games did it so that makes it ok
Did I said otherwise fuckboy?

Defensive MGSV fanboys think everyone is a fanboy like they are.
>>
>>342937036
What? You had the option to kill Quiet and even after saving her, no one was forcing you to interact with her in any way. The romance didn't even feel like a romance compared to the shitty love stories of the earlier games, which was quite refreshing.

I personally love Quiet for soloing all the boring missions for me.
>>
File: what.png (187 KB, 673x774) Image search: [Google]
what.png
187 KB, 673x774
>eurocucks time
>V praise thread

Every time
>>
>>342934327

Do you know what JRPG did open world right? Dragon quest 8. It wasn't scaled down but by end game it wasn't unreasonable to travel either. It was great.
>>
cut your losses, those who are arguing, and leave.

people who like mgsv: people who like video games
people who hate mgsv: people who wanted an anime instead of a video game

yet another series that is unduly idolized here and was never nearly as great as it was made out to be.
>>
>>342937438
>post WHOOOO to unsubscribe from the metal gear series
>>
File: noice.jpg (47 KB, 342x319) Image search: [Google]
noice.jpg
47 KB, 342x319
>>342937103
>It's Peace Walker but with more peace and walking.

top fucking kek, so much this.

God knows that game was fucking dull and we got more of it.
>>
>>342937289
>I can improve my grammar

But not your complete mental retardation. Which you obviously have.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.

>make best most in-depth strategy game ever made
>have to take charge of multiple solar systems
>is called MGS
>no stealth
>its shit

Calling it MGS is kinda dumb yeah, but in no way is the game shit. I haven't even played MGSV, and I came into the thread to shit on your dumb fucking opinion.
>>
>>342937438
>WHOOOO
what did he meant?
>>342937402
not the guy you're replying to but lets be honest here anon, quiet was marketed everywhere...she was clearly an important character and no one killed her the first time and the "romance" came out of fucking nowhere.
>>
>>342937367
>sperg out over a game not having any random features your imbicilic brain came up with on the spot

Look anon, it's pretty clear you only heard about mgs in the last couple of years, hence why all this bullshit is only triggering you now.
>>
>>342937103
>had a shitty story but it was better than the one in MGSV as well

But Johnny was in 4
>>
>>342934614
what mission? most extract missions complete it if you leave the area with the prisoner. if theres a scripted heli waiting for you, just take it, it is always close by
>>
>>342937036
The entire cast is terrible, Kojima couldn't write them worse if he tried. How the fuck did he go from Ocelot and Snake's rivalry in MGS3 to this trash? The only answer is that he's taking more credit for writing than he deserves.
>>
>>342937483
fedora tipping retard
>>
>>342937230
Are you still on about them listening to XIII detractors and internet idiots? I already went on to shoot down my own argument supporting that, as the facts stated that they didn't give a fuck about the detractors.

Maybe they actually want a more western atmosphere. It wouldn't be the first time. The NES/SNES games were based on European fantasy, and its more Japanese focus only started with the PS1 and PS2 games. Even then the characters were pretty predominately western anyway. X starred a sports star flung into a distant land, similar to Flash Gordon, a polo star flung into an alien world, to name one example. Final Fantasy has had a Western influence for years, and never stopped having one.

Hell, if anything the four protagonists of XV are more inherently Japanese than any group of protagonists in a Final Fantasy to date. They look like a fucking Jrock band.
>>
>>342937483
Why do you have to either "like" or "hate" something, are you twelve?

I loved MGSV, I still play it weekly because of all the silly gimmicks I unlocked and all the side missions that remain. Yet I'm fully aware that it's an extremely shitty part of a series that relies on storytelling and characters.
>>
>>342931514
The game was so meta we all suffered from phantom pain

Kojima is a true culinary artist
>>
>>342937521
>I haven't even played MGSV
>it's a good game just not a good MGS game
Your argument.
>>
>>342937634
>Ocelot and Snake's rivalry

What rivalry? Ocelot tried to impress him all the time
>>
>>342937664
>extremely shitty part of a series that relies on storytelling and characters
>series that relies on storytelling and characters
>>
>>342937668
This. Its a bad game but something special at the same time
>>
>AI is dumb as fuck
>no difficulty options except on a handful of random missions
>as early as mission 3 you run around as an invincible god of unlimited resources
>almost no thought put into world and level design
>as you get more OP they even make enemies get fucking EASIER by removing their only trump
card from the map: walker gears
>every. singe. mission. is 'go to x, destroy/extract y, leave'
But nah its all great
>>
>>342937697
My argument is this: >>342936190
>>
>>342937602
So cute, you think you're actually impressing anyone.

Nice argument.

>bad forced romance
>THE OTHER GAME HAD IT TO SO IT MAKES IT OK
literal retard trying to sound smart.
>>
>>342937760
The game is only good when the missions are set-pieces. That says alot.
>>
>>342937664
>are you twelve???
>this game is shitty because they replaced anime story with gameplay

the story in MGS games was never good.
>>
>>342932764
>meh

holy shit fucking leave
>>
>>342937713
They're officially called rivals, even if Ocelot just ate shit half the time. Still more fun than fourteen hours of exposition tapes and parasites.
>>
File: 201606261894833248.jpg (326 KB, 768x760) Image search: [Google]
201606261894833248.jpg
326 KB, 768x760
>>342933548
Hell no it aint.
>Low res textures
>Models dont use that polygons like most huge budget games
>Draw distance is ass and afghan and africa looks muddy as hell

But you probaly will say. MUH MUH LIGHTING AND CAMERA TRICKS.
>>
>>342937846
Your voice "acting" was lame Hayter.
>>
>>342937782
No one said that games that aren't stealth suck, that's just you putting words in someone else's mouth to make your point.
>>342937521
>but in no way is the game shit. I haven't even played MGSV

there we have it.
>>
>>342937846
lol t b h I forgot Hayter's drama was even a thing

He was only really good as Solid Snake anyway
>>
>>342936817
Because mgs is one or the gayest videogame franchises ever created and the fanbase has a collective hard on for gray fox, they just want to lick his sweaty ballsack and drink his cum but they will somehow pretend that his story isn't done.
see:
>>342936905
>>342936935
You don't play as Big Boss in mgsv. You play as Venom Snake, which eventually becomes the leader of Outer Heaven.
Gray Fox is a member of foxhound, so it stands to reason that he would be rescued by the real Big Boss, not by Venom Snake. He is also just a hostage in MG1, where you visit Outer Heaven, while he is on BB's side in MG2, where you fight the real Big Boss.
It would make no sense for gray fox to show up in mgsv. You just want him to fuck you in the ass. I'd say you're as bad as waifufags but at least waifufags are honest.
>>
>>342937846
>language policing this hard

cringe. (kek. or is it lul or lel? I forgot, you kids change your little code words so often)
>>
>>342931514
best gameplay
worst maps/enemies

there
>>
>>342937917
>No one said that games that aren't stealth suck

>best gameplay
>isn't a stealth game

Except for the one post I quoted, retard.
>>
>>342937843
no one said you were twelve for disliking anime story, read again.
>>
>>342937843
Are you fags telling me the previous MGS games were so incredibly successful, beloved and well-rated because of the gameplay?
>>
>>342933339

MGS2 is one of the most controversial MGS games I think. I like it personally but I've seen people bash it more often than not. And at least its story is mostly complete and you get a proper ending.

>>342934327

Overworld map is not the same as completely open world. The map in older games was a way to travel long distances quickly without needing fast travel and giving a sense of the world and how it fit together. Then the actual cities and dungeons were well detailed since they could focus their attention there and not in the transition areas.

Open world design doesn't do that because they won't actually model the entire planet at 1:1 scale, so it makes the world feel smaller and emptier. I would love for FF to go back to overworld map but I don't really care for open world. Seems more like an excuse for having big empty areas with copy/pasted assets everywhere.
>>
>>342937649
It's not just the aesthetics, which have definitely changed for a more traditional western fantasy, just look at the redesigns they did to Regis and Stella/Luna
I'm talking about them wanting to be more like western games
http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2016/04/final-fantasy-15-hajime-tabata-interview/
Look at this shit, it's fucking embarrassing
>>
>>342937438
this.

what's the deal with sandniggers and mgs?
>>
>>342937992
MGS1/2 gameplay is actually really good and the VR missions are great.
>>
>>342937992
yes. do you really think even moderately semi-normal people tried to analyze the stupid, fanfic tier story?

>THE BOSS DREAM!!!!!!
>THE BOSS' DREAM!!!!!! THE MOST IMPORTANT THING EVER
>WE MUST ALL BE TOTALLY DEVOTED TO THE BOSS DREAM
>WHAT IS THE BOSS DREAM?
>world peace
>OH YEAH NO WONDER WE'RE SO BLOODTHIRSTY DEVOTED TO IT, WORLD PEACE IS GOOD
>LET'S MINDLESSLY FOLLOW THE BOSS' DREAM FOREVER BECAUSE YOU KNOW, WORLD PEACE IS GOOD AND ALL

yeah, world peace is good. great writing.
>>
>>342937843
>>342937721
>>342937992
While claiming that the series had shitty gameplay before MGSV?
>>
>>342937256
>recruit Frank Jaeger in Africa
>have an extremely bitter and jaded Paramedic join Diamond Dogs as their cybernetics expert instead of some four-eyed rando

There, the whole fucking Grey Fox thing has been set up. Kojima is a fucking hack.
>>
>>342937982
MGSV good gameplay doesn't make MGSV a good game as a whole retard.

You don't even know what you're talking about since you didn't even played MGSV like you said here >>342937521. Not even the same anon you're replying to but what the fuck are you doing defending a game you never played? Holy fuck what a mongoloid.
>>
>>342932764
You have never played another MGS game in your life.
>>
>>342938074
A story doesn't have to be well thought-out or deep to be good. Fans love MGS because of how cheesy, ridiculous and hype it is.

And so, you're saying that people like MGS because of the great gameplay, and that MGSV redeemed the series by fixing the shitty gameplay?
>>
>>342938129
>MGSV good gameplay doesn't make MGSV a good game as a whole retard.

/v/: good gameplay doesn't make a game good.
>>
>>342937992

Very much, yes.
>>
>>342937982
You really do have a comprehension problem.

>best gameplay
>subjective

>best mgs game
by far

both statements aren't incompatible with
>there are good games that aren't stealth
>mgsv has good gameplay

but
>mgsv isn't a good game overall
>>
>>342938230
when people say "MGSV has good gameplay" they mean it has good controls

Theres other parts of the game like progression, level design, etc where MGSV falls VERY SHORT
>>
>>342938220
>Fans love MGS because of how cheesy, ridiculous and hype it is.

and the majority of people all-time who purchased MGS games, the overwhelming majority in fact, cannot be described as "MGS fans". The vast majority of purchasers of any mainstream, high-volume, high budget title will be normal, casual players.

This is such an issue with a lot of you here, you simply don't don't have a logical/rational view of the way the actual world works.
>>
>>342938074
The Boss killed MGS. Everything stupid in all the games since MGS3 was her fault.
>>
>>342938230
It doesn't. People have standards nowadays. A "save the princess" pretend story doesn't do anymore, especially if you fucking marketed your game as plot-driven.
>>
>>342938268
I don't agree with that at all. I say it has good gameplay because it has good gameplay. loved it.

Progression isn't an element of gameplay, lol. you think that because you're a kid and the idea of games not using progression to try to tweak your pleasure centers and suck you in is completely foreign to you. hilarious.

the idea of "progression" in video games exists mainly to get you to sit there, playing more, feeling like you got more value than you did. it's fake.
>>
>>342938351
>It doesn't. People have standards nowadays

somebody get me a chris evans

this guy has decided that good gameplay doesn't make a good video game because get this: he thinks stories matter in video games

bro it's called "books and movies" if you want to experience good stories. the very best game stories of all time do not compare to mediocre books or movies. lol.

it's just unbelievable how much of not actual video gamers some of you are. to be expected in 2016...you want an interactive movie, not a game.
>>
>>342938230

It does if your game is plot driven and you think you're a genius and push your shitty fanfiction-tier writing down the player's throat at any moment.

I would've preferred if Kojima had cut the story altogether and focused on making more varied and less empty environments instead.
>>
>>342938364
>Progression isn't an element of gameplay, lol.
Play RE4 then say that shit again
>>
>>342938364

>the idea of "progression" in video games exists mainly to get you to sit there, playing more, feeling like you got more value than you did. it's fake.

Watch out anon, you're getting almost as delusional as Kojima himself.
>>
>>342933965
read
>>342938230

Is mgsv a purely gameplay based game?
No.
Is the gameplay the only component of MGSV?
No.
Are there good games that don't have story at all and have good gameplay and are overall good for it?
Yes.
Are there good games that don't have gameplay and have good story and are praised?
Yes.

There you go retard.

If Kojimbo wanted to make a game with just gameplay he should have done it in the first place. If the story is shit the overall game suffers in quality.
>what is MGS4

You don't even know what you're talking about since you didn't even played MGSV like you said here >>342937521. Not even the same anon you're replying to but what the fuck are you doing defending a game you never played? Holy fuck what a mongoloid.
>I never played that game but I say it's gooooood
Fucking faggot that watches Lets Play on youtube.
>>
>>342938220
>Fans love MGS because of how cheesy, ridiculous and hype it is.
By that you mean post-MGS3 "fans".
>>
>>342938364
You should send this to Kojima.

He apparently didn't know this before including a shittily implemented base management system and a tons of other obnoxious mechanics from a psp game.
>>
>>342931514
>Best MGS gameplay ever
Except that was MGS4
>>
>>342938364
>I don't agree with that at all. I say it has good gameplay because it has good gameplay. loved it.
You said you never played MGSV

Watching a game on youtube is not playing it.
>>
File: 1459004704556.jpg (97 KB, 811x785) Image search: [Google]
1459004704556.jpg
97 KB, 811x785
MGSV as a game is just barely functional like MGS4

Both are ruined by absolutely stupid decisions in terms of structure and level design.

One was too locked in to the point of feeling overly rushed. And the other was so open to the point of becoming a shapeless blob with sporadic bouts of quality inbetween an ocean of bland.
>>
>>342931514
The gameplay is good in that the mechanics are good, but the level design is fucking barren. A series of moderately open bases a la Ground Zeroes would have been significantly better than an empty world dotted with bases that are often fairly well designed but not large enough to make full use of the mechanics.
>>
>>342938230
>plot driven series
>bad story makes a MGS game good

MGSV babbies in a nutshell
>>
File: 1445390753440.jpg (49 KB, 338x496) Image search: [Google]
1445390753440.jpg
49 KB, 338x496
>>342931514
IM ENDING THIS
>>
>>342938605

I agree with that actually, I've replayed MGS4 lately and the controls feel very tight and with less fluff and gimmicks than V.

Too bad it's drowned in so much shit that few people remember it.
>>
>>342931514
>CQC is reduced to 'press R2 to awesome' moves
>Best gameplay
Whatever you say, Boss.
>>
>>342938230
Previous MGS games were considered good because the gameplay was so incredible amirite?

You clearly only heard about msg in the last year or so.
>>
>>342938858
lol this
>>
>>342938364
How about you describe the good parts of the gameplay instead of justifying the shitty gameplay by stating that you loved it? The controls are good although not very polished thus pretty clunky, sure, but everything else is fucking terrible.

>the idea of "progression" in video games exists mainly to get you to sit there, playing more, feeling like you got more value than you did. it's fake.
Then what does the idea of "gameplay" exist for?

Also, we're not in tumblr, try to watch your grammar more.

>>342938451
Look at all the mental gymnastics you're doing here.
>what do you mean, the movie had a bad story? ROFL you should read books if you want a good story, movies are only for camera tricks, what a retard, lol, go read a book....... lol. this [TRIGGER WARNING] homo really thinks stories matter in movies lel

If you've been following the video game industry or playing any games at all in the past decade or do you should be very well aware that stories matter in video games.
>>
>>342938830
I remember wishing that mgs4 had VR missions because the gameplay felt so good but you barely ever played the game outside of scripted sequences, the first two levels are amazing
>>
>>342938003
>I'm talking about them wanting to be more like western games

As long as they maintain what makes Final Fantasy what it's always been, I'm fine with this change. And from what I've seen in the summons, the vehicles, the crystal-centric story, the characters, and even the open world that you yourself are dreading for being too big, they haven't forgotten what Final Fantasy has been about. They're still doing what they want. If that means they want to be more like Western games, then so be it. It's not what you want, but it is what they want. Even you said so.

From what I've seen, again, they've made a good balance. The things I love about the franchise are back and bigger than ever, and the things I hated or grew tired of in the franchise are pretty much gone.

Nothing can be said for the story yet, but them making it something of a road trip fable could be a great way to study the characters and their place in the world, while letting the plot unfold, and I like that they're taking a different approach by having the four mains know each other from the get-go.

That may not look good to you, and that's fine. It doesn't have to.

Won't mean it'll be a bad game, and until it releases, I have no reason as yet to think of it as a bad game.
>>
>>342938948
removing VR missions was probably the worst thing he ever did to the series
>>
>>342938364
So you're ok with making the same mission in the same place, the same way, over and over again if the gameplay is good. Got it.

Now I understand who bought GZ.

And even GZ had good story, good pacing, good atmosphere, good music.

You're the same retard that said this >>342937521
>I haven't even played MGSV

You're a retard.
>>
>>342938998
Well MGS3 had a lot more content in the main campaign so I didn't mind it, also it had boss rush and snake vs. monkey which were fun.
MGS4 just had the main campaign and nothing else, which is a shame. It has the same problem as re6 in that it has amazing controls but the campaign is so linear and streamlined that you never made use of them, but at least re6 had mercenaries.
>>
>>342938931
>How about you describe the good parts of the gameplay instead of justifying the shitty gameplay by stating that you loved it?
He never played MGSV.
He already admitted that here >>342937521
>>
>>342938948
>you barely ever played the game outside of scripted sequences
That's a massive overstatement. Sure it could have been longer, sure there were too many cutscenes. But it's not THAT far from other MGS installments in terms of amount of gameplay.

And to further develop what I said here
>>342938605
I also prefer them beeing more tight than in MGSV but let's not forget that there are many many more movements and options in MGS4
>>
>>342938693
what the fuck are you talking about, dude. this is an anonymous imageboard, perhaps you've confused more than one poster.

>respond to someone saying they like the gameplay by telling them they didn't play the game

this was really worth your 1 minute post timeout? do better, for all of us. i beg you
>>
>>342938862
>revious MGS games were considered good because the gameplay was so incredible amirite?

yes. I'm not sure how you guys seem to be trying to diminish MGS series gameplay now?

MGS1 was considered incredible, mgs2 even more, advanced gameplay complexity beyond anything available at that point except PC simulation games. MGS3 continued to rake in accolades on the evolution and expansion of gameplay possibilities. MGS4 finally fell flat, and was probalbly the most poorly reviewed of the first 4 games.

Are you really...Really trying to push the position that MGS games were popular because of the story? This place has warped your mind.
>>
MGS4 is superior in every way possible except pcucks will dismiss it because NEVER EVER
>inb4 i-i-i-i-i saw it on YOUTUBE! EPIC BURN 4 TEH WIIIIN XDDD
when you actually got to play, gameplay was superb and has more depth than what mgsv offers
>>
>>342931514
that's not MGS4
>>
File: 1284408112018.jpg (42 KB, 263x300) Image search: [Google]
1284408112018.jpg
42 KB, 263x300
>>342938760
>MEN BECOME DEMONS
>EXCEPT THEY DON'T ACTUALLY DO ANYTHING PARTICULARLY ATROCIOUS
>YOU AREN'T EVEN ACTUALLY THE GUY THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE GOING THROUGH THIS BIG VILLAINOUS CHARACTER ARC
>OH LOOK, HERE'S QUIET
>ISN'T SHE COOL AND PRETTY>
>WE'VE CYNICALLY DESIGNED HER TO BE MISSED WHEN WE KILL HER OFF
>PLEASE BE SAD
>>
>>342939379
I'd trade all three of the recent prequels for a fully realized version of MGS4
>>
>>342939301
MGS4 was criticized because of the story while it had the best gameplay until then.

MGS2 and 3 had bad controls there were only improved for the HD/legacy collection.

Are you really...Really trying to push the position that MGS games were popular because of the gameplay? MGSV fanboysm has warped your mind.
>>
>>342939413
I feel like Quiet is the single biggest waste of money I've ever seen in a video game.

The song, the mocap, the special scenes, all the storyline elements which went absolutely nowhere.

Never cared about her, never found her particularly interesting. It's like a good 15% or so of the game's development time went to this singular character that fucking defines being a bad character because she doesn't communicate

All those millions, so she can put her tits in my face in a helicopter. Would've rather had no buddies and a real final mission.

Did anyone else cheat engine the final mission? I'm not playing that bullshit, especially not when I can't get back out to fucking develop the ultra mega rocket launcher i NEVER EXPECTED TO USE.
>>
>>342939218
>it's not the same anon u guis
Every time
After all the rekt you got here >>342938364 my post was the one that triggered you? What a sad fuck
>>
>>342939473
>while it had the best gameplay until then

it really didn't, because there is so little of it.
>>
>>342939195
Right after you beat the first boss there isn't another pure stealth section in the whole game outside of a short section on outer haven.
>follow the tracks
>ride on Drebin's AV
>escape from the gekkos
>follow the resistance member
>ride on eva's motorcycle
>boss fight
>the whole shadow moses has no human enemies so CQC and 90% of your arsenal and tecniques are useless
>boss fight
>boss fight
>shoot down the gekkos
>metal gear fight
>outer haven (actual pure stealth)
>boss fight
>crawl through the oven
>boss fight
>the end
the first two levels were amazing but they should have spread out the actual content more, I never feel like keep playing the game after laughing octopus.
I would have killed for some sort of dlc or VR missions but instead they focused on the online mode, which is good for those who give a shit I guess but I never cared about it
>>
>>342939623
>quality
>quantity
You can't even understand simple sentences.
>>
>>342934327

look at this map and tell me you don't hear the music
>>
>>342939623
>>342939301
>MGS4 fell flat
because of the ridiculous story, the gameplay was the best until V
>and was probalbly the most poorly reviewed of the first 4 games
actually no. were you even born at the time?

so desperate....
>>
>>342939703
anon, constantly interrupting the gameplay diminishes the quality of it significantly. I've never even heard someone say MGS4 has the best gameplay. It has the most things you can do of the first 4, but nobody particularly seems to like it that much. Are you sure your opinion isn't just bad?
>>
>>342939807
>this insulting manner of posting in every single post

you're fat, sad, and lonely, i get it.
>>
>>342939827
Your OPINION is better, you're right :^)

Better update that facebook status, you got something going for you today.
>>
>>342939908
yes, i knew my opinion is better than yours. my everything is better than yours.

I barely even care about this series, and you're so emotionally attached to it you're actually getting extremely mad in these posts. It's very visible from the constant need to insult

I mean, look at you..idolozing MGS shit when I was playing competitively high level in PC fps at the time. It's great that your anime codec conversations mean a lot to you, but perhaps you'd be less angry if you played some multiplayer games so you could learn to interact with other people.

I fully understand, though, that some of you are bad at video games and afraid of being embarrassed, so you'll never do such
>>
>>342939892
>m-m-m-muh insults
was "desperate" such a trigger anon? got you deep in some personal question?

and no, 4 was not the most poorly reviewed of the first 4 games...but please don't take offense in that. don't downvote me.
>>
>>342939575
>PCuck has to cheat to beat a game
Not fucking surprised, but for once a pcuck said something that made immense sense: the Quiet thing.
Such a forced Mary Sue that was all just a waste of resources, but modern waifufags ate that shit up and gave her a career streaming. Fucking retarded.
>>
>>342939446
I'd trade them all in for a camp-as-fuck Metal Gear Joy spinoff that plays like schlocky WWII propaganda.

No Kojima necessary. No need to reiterate that the USA is totally evil and that nuclear weapons are for sure bad. Just a young woman in a bandana bending nazi's arms the wrong way while smoking a cigar would be fine.
>>
>>342940048
>I was playing competitively high level in PC fps at the time
Is this bait?
>>
>>342937857
MUH LIGHTING AND CAMERA TRICKS.
>>
>>342940114
I didn't have to cheat, I just wanted to. I don't fuck with that kind of game design, where suddenly the rules change and you're up against insurmountable odds purely because it's the last mission and they wnated it to be extra hard.

I had only the most basic rocket launcher and its simply not possible to beat that mission without an upgraded one, without being autistic. Im not running around playing the mission for an hour straight when it isn't even fun. poorly designed shit, where they clearly ran out of time and money.

never forget video games are about having fun.
>>
>>342940289
You can write a whole blog trying to justify cheating, I don't fucking care.
Just stating you're only feeding into the sterotype. console players can beat that retarded mission without cheats, why cant pcucks?
>>
>>342939623
until V, it really did. stop sucking kojimbos cock
>>
File: mgsvtpp 2016-06-27 17-44-47-72.jpg (117 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
mgsvtpp 2016-06-27 17-44-47-72.jpg
117 KB, 1920x1080
As someone playing through it for the first time I can see the problems but also some of the positives. I think the gameplay is excellent, there's a lot of room to try out different things in terms of weapons, weather, buddies, gadgets, staff management, vehicles etc. and create a playstyle which works for you. I feel as though buddies are a bit too overpowered, Quiet almost won a fight against the skulls for me singlehandedly and d-dog is approaching mapwide wallhacking territory. You can also abuse fulton too easily to hide enemies and the tranq gun to continuously knock down whole strings of enemies.

The real problem is the design of the missions. They're familiar similar to one another and mainly involve extracting or eliminating someone in the middle of a generic outpost. There's limited enemy variety and the difficulty actually seems to decrease with each mission, especially the ones with the child soldiers which are an absolute breeze.

I'm on mission 29 at the moment, not sure how much left I have because I've heard things about how you basically replay the same missions later to get the true ending. Not really interested in multiplayer that looks like a giant grindfest. Biggest disappointment is the story. Skull Face is just awful.
>>
>>342940374
>console vs pc argument
lol
>>
>>342940423
>They're familiar similar to one another

people keep saying this over and over and you missed the intent of the game design that you can do similar missions in different ways

i played this game different as fuck all the way through. some missions i would just randomly run around killing everyone with claymores and shit, some i'd go total stealth no alerts

the game design actually allows any approach to work, and i think a lot of players just took the same approach every mission because any approach can work. basically missing out on the game because the design is good in a way that makes different things viable.
>>
>>342940547
ok
>>
>>342938968
But they're not doing what they want, they're just chasing the western audience
>we have to go back to working out how we show that good side to the whole world
>We couldn't take onboard feedback or ideas from non-Japanese players as their responses to our ideas, and what we'd make for them came long after the game had been finished and sent out. It was impossible to get any feedback outside of Japan under that old model
This isn't creative freedom, this is bending over backwards to please shitposters on the internet
>>
>>342940474
>cant disprove me so just reply with "lol"
thanks for proving my point
>>
>>342939575
Quiet smacks of that self-indulgent Paul W. S. Anderson thing where he flatters his IRL waifu Milla Jovovich by Mary Sue-ing the fuck out of her character's combat prowess.
>>
File: 1449741594450.jpg (144 KB, 678x960) Image search: [Google]
1449741594450.jpg
144 KB, 678x960
It could have been so fucking good.

>Interactive level of TECHNOLOGY on motherbase where soldiers get up to the hijinks you heard in peace walker, have random events, R&R, dialogue, training
>Take on Cipher and their links to US/PATRIOT forces across the globe in a shadow war
>Actually fight alongside the Mujahadeen and earn favor like in MGS4 or assist the Russians instead
>Have to muscle out other PFs and fight with other rebels like the Sandanistas
>Explore the mental trauma that leads Big Boss to become a demon in outer heaven as he struggles with the rage of losing MSF to Cipher which aligns with the Boss being ordered to die, the recruiting of child soldiers and increasingly savage measures in his shadow war against the patriots and his will to see a nation for soldiers born, where they aren't treated like tools to be thrown away when they're no longer needed

Fuck Konami and Kojima for squandering what should have been a legend. The medic reveal was alright, but nowhere near employed well enough to justify ignoring BB to the point he says "yeah jk m8, you're my double now, peace out"
>>
>>342940623
disprove what? you have a personal bias that borderlines the pathological obsession, anyone that tries to "disprove" something with you will just initiate a pointless shit flinging endless tantrum, it's not like you would change your mind. I don't own a PC but I know your stereotype on the internet...and you need a therapist so enjot talking to yourself I guess.
>>
>>342940854
I actually re-engaged him earlier after telling him I wouldn't just because it's funny to see him go like a little energizer bunny.

"pcucks". and rabid pathological defense of his positions. gee, wonder how old this one is.

I wish there was an 18 and up /v/.
>>
>>342940578
From what was said they've apparently been bending over backwards for Japanese shitposters up to that point. He wasn't saying they never listened to feedback up to this game. He said they never listened to non-Japanese feedback up to this game.

The only thing they're changing is where they're getting their feedback from, and how much feedback they're getting.

This is not an ironclad promise that the game will be bad. It only shows that a company known for changing how it does things all the goddamned time is still doing just that, and at the end of the day, it seems to be working in their favor. It is still a Final Fantasy game at its core, and it still contains most of the core elements that made me fall in love with the franchise 20 years ago.
>>
>>342940963
if you fell in love with the franchise 20 years ago, you should've fallen out of love approximately 16 years ago.

unlike mgs, the core element of final fantasy *is* story, and it fell off a cliff after 8.
>>
>>342940726
The medic reveal was terrible and had been botched since that "What about him?" slip in one of the early trailers.

It just felt like Kojima was being a gutless faggot who couldn't bear to have his pet husbando character become a warmongering old monster and desperately sought to retcon in some bullshit.
>>
>>342937438
Okay shit on the game all you want, but James Horan is a saint and he put in a solid 8/10 performance. I could listen to that motherfucker spin bullshit into my ear all goddamn day.
>>
>>342940547
The fact you can replay the missions shouldn't mean they should stop designing good follow up missions which feel similar

And the child soldier missions severely hamper your playstyle
>>
>>342941149
I fell out of love after X, which also had a story I enjoyed. After that they've made, in my opinion, one disappointing game after another.
XV seems to be an overhaul, and it's the story I'm most looking forward to. Again, they seem to be departing from how they told things (with the friends-on-a-road-trip approach, which could be amazing if done well), while also going back to the basic "save the crystal" stories of their past.

This looks better than what they've been doing. I'm not saying it will be. I'm just not seeing why I won't enjoy it just yet. Everything so far has looked good, or at least acceptable.
>>
>>342940963
It means they had a way of doing thing before this and now they're changing it because they believe it'll bring them western money
I'm not saying it'll be bad, I'm just incredibly doubtful and I'll probably just buy this used at 5 euros down the line, and maybe even love it but there's no way I'm buying this at double digits in price
I hope it'll be good but I really don't see that happening
I'm much more hyper for KH3 and the FFVII remake
Don't forget FFXV is from the guy behind Crisis Core, Type 0 and 3rd Birthday, KH3 is from the same guy who made the rest of the of the series, but the Osaka team isn't the best KH dev and as MGSV itself proved even a fantastic director can fuck up, even in MGSV was mostly Konami's fault the open world fuckup was entirely Kojima's fault, maybe it might have been better if it were more fleshed out but I don't know, let's just hope new freedom gives Kojima more spur to make more masterpieces
And FFVII is not only from Nomura but also from Kitase's team and I really loved every game he produced, even if FFVI was kinda meh, especially WoR was a chore, but overall he's pretty great, and CC2 helping out gives me a ton of good feeling about the game
>>
>>342941302
meanwhile the medic was never a warmongering asshole

if anything he was a more moral version of BB
>>
File: 1466057258158.png (239 KB, 813x407) Image search: [Google]
1466057258158.png
239 KB, 813x407
>>342931514
>Best MGS gameplay ever
No.

The control is great.

The GAMEPLAY is awful, rehashed, repetitive, grindy garbage in an empty world.

MGSV is a travesty of game design.
It's Kojima bending the knee to every contrived, streamlined, dumbed-down mainstream AAA trope that's designed to sucker in the lowest common denominator and keep them there because they have nothing better to do.

I mean holy fucking Christ, have you SEEN the side ops list?
>>
>>342941302
Even if he wrote him as becoming the warmonger in MG 1&2, he still could have been somewhat justified by the war for freedom from the patriots. Kojima keeping him away from that by pawning the medic as a body double just looks like an asspull that ironically makes BB look worse.

For a career soldier like BB, finding children destroyed by warzones and raising them as soldiers could have been presented as how he saw it as a mercy for them, damaged as he was himself by war. If Kojima wanted to explore mental illness and PTSD, why not actually engage those hard subjects and get a chance to see "why did BB agree to the use of metal gear, nuclear deterrence, and child soldiery?" Fuck, after being violated like the destruction of MSF, you think he'd be shocked into accepting something like a nuke to keep those big players away from them.
>>
>>342941302
That doesn't really fly since Medic comes across as much more of a caring human being compared to BB who abandoned his comrades to go set up zanzibarland
>>
>>342941557
i have to disagree m8
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.