[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we talk about how disappointing this is/was. Got it during
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8
File: Alice.jpg (171 KB, 900x636) Image search: [Google]
Alice.jpg
171 KB, 900x636
Can we talk about how disappointing this is/was. Got it during the sale
>only 2 main weapons
>no real combos and weaving light/heavy attacks is slow and choppy
>majority of enemies have shields and despite giving you a heavy weapon, most of them require you to deflect a projectile
>camera during combat is fucking awful along with lock on swapping
>sloppy platforming sections
>no boss fights despite most chapters ending literally with a boss coming up and then falling over
>parts in London are on rails and barely even explored
>story isn't even finished, game just ends
The only thing that saves this game is the art direction and music. What the fuck happened
>>
>what the fuck happened
You see that EA logo? There you go. McGee is one of those creative types that fell for the "publisher" meme.

EA funded the game but fucked him in the ass. At least you didn't give money to the Kickstarter
>>
>>342922282
I really liked it.Was the first game better?
>>
>>342922282
I didn't really hate it at all. It was never meant to be DMC, the combat isn't the draw of the game, it's the art direction. It's dark, it's unsettling and it's got a uniquely dark style, that's the appeal. THe combat is passable but it was never meant to be the main draw or appeal. It be like buying a PS1 game for the graphics.
>>
It was a forced finish, by EA. What do you expect. It would have been a 10/10 otherwise.
>>
>>342923316
Hard to say, but worth playing definitely.
>>
>>342922282
No boss fights and repetitive combat aside, I actually enjoyed it. Has nice visuals and atmosphere, and Alice is a real qt3.14
>>
i thought it was decent overall but it was way too fucking long, i was pretty much rushing it when i entered the final chapter
>>
File: aliceoutfits.jpg (189 KB, 1191x670) Image search: [Google]
aliceoutfits.jpg
189 KB, 1191x670
>>342923967
>you will never have alice as a sex slave

why even live
>>
>>342923316
More weapon variety and more content but it's hard as fuck and I'm not sure if it was in a fair way
>>
>>342924214
>having sex with someone that would bite your dick off as they slip into psychosis

with that said,

>that sfm webm of Alice sucking a little boys dick in the orphanage
>>
This game had potential. The environments, music, costumes, and story were good, but the lack of real boss fights, repetitive enemy encounters, tedious platforming, and broken controls ruined the game. What annoyed me about the PC version was the fact the block button was broken so you had to go into the game's files and manually reassign it.
>>
>>342923651
This. The artbook is fucking fantastic and shows off all the bosses and areas they had to cut out.
Fucking shame, really.
>>
Two fucking letters. EA.
>>
>>342923967
Never in a million years would I have understood waifus if I hadn't played this.
>>
>>342924214
Rabbit costume is based
>>
>>342924535
Who made the webm?
>>
>>342924558
Man i actually liked the platforming
>>
>>342922282
its a platformer not dmc

if you dont like jumping puzzles and a story about a doctor mind wiping kids so they could be fuck toys for high society degenerates then you should have bought something else.
>>
>>342924756
>tfw no mentally ill emo gf
>>
>>342922282
You forgot
>camera slowly panning to every single thing you need to interact with, pick up, or go through, and can never be skipped
>>342923316
I absolutely adore the first one. The platforming is less emphasized, and tighter as a result, and there is barely any hacking and slashing, it's a straight up TPS.
>>
>>342922282
Never thought such a visually interesting game could bore me to tears.
>>
>>342924782
found it >>>/gif/8790669
>>
>>342925034
They're not fun, all arguments are your fault, all relationship problems are your fault, her shortcomings will always be less-severe than yours from her perspective, and any breakup will be pinned entirely on your faults

AVOID
>>
>>342925080
ma nigga
>>
>>342924871
Same senpai.
I'd actually like to see another platformer with such a multi-jump system used better.
>>
>>342924871
It was actually satisfying to me glide and double jump around. Dunno why. Everything else was just boring and so fucking long.
>>
>>342925001
It very much tries to be in terms of combat, and platforming sucks dick. No momentum preservation needed, triple jump and hover, means slowly hovering between invisible platforms placed several parsecs apart.
>>
>it's a Alice was having a hallucination the whole time episode
Seriously have the developer of this game read the original book before?
>>
When I went to buy this, the store clerk tried to talk me out of it, that's how shit it is. lol
I wanted it for the first game though, so got it anyway
>>
>>342923316
The first game is pure shit.
>>
>>342925704
Do you honestly believe that American McGee was literally attempting to do a faithful recreation but failed? Are you baiting me?
>>
>>342925034
Let me tell you something before it's too late, being around someone with bipolar is not fun.
>>
>>342925850
Still better than madness returns.
>>
I honestly really liked the game.

True, it had mediocre but passable combat and a forced ending thanks to ea jewery, but I still think it's a fantastic game.
>>
I've played and beat the first American Mcgee's Alice three times in my life so far. One of my favorite games.

I didn't even get past the under water theme level in the Madness Returns. I may try to finish it one day, but it is missing so much of the atmosphere and character of the first game. Not to mention the gameplay is fucking awful and the control on PC are dog shit.
>>
>>342923316
Yes one of the best games ever made. Shows its age, but it still holds up in a lot of ways.
>>
>>342923316
>first game
Aged better than you'd expect. Still worth a play, but you'll be playing it more for the backstory than gameplay
>>
>>342922282

I bought that sweet ass HUGE hardcover art book of the game.

Man, it had SO much potential but not enough money or time.
>>
>>342926620
Blame EA
>>
>>342926620
>order the art book off Amazon
>arrives in just some paper envelope with bubble wrap on the inside
>did shit all to protect the top and bottom
>three of the four corners are slightly split open as a result
Beautiful but damaged, those fuckers sure are lucky I'm too sentimental to have sent it back to get a replacement that would've ended up getting just as fucked up anyway.
>>
>>342926947

I got lucky; no scratches, dents or dings.

Praise Allah.
>>
>>342927284
Aloha snackbar.
>>
>>342925970
Not even close, shit Madness Returns title screen song is better than anything in the first game.
>>
>>342927472
Madness Returns is worse in every way, even the graphics are worse, just compare the Red Queen's castle in both games.
>>
File: 1465867513437.gif (2 MB, 265x257) Image search: [Google]
1465867513437.gif
2 MB, 265x257
>>342927732
>even the graphics are worse, just compare the Red Queen's castle in both games. I usually don't throw out the nostalgia goggles claim but I am calling nostalgia goggles on you sir.
>>
>>342922282
I absolutely love thethe game. I don't even separate both games in my head, i treat them as one, for some reason. I hope EA's interest in a sequel actually goes somewhere. I would use Origin to play another Alice game.
>>
>>342923316
The first game is pretty good, you should pirate it.
>>
>>342927732
>even the graphics are worse, just compare the Red Queen's castle in both games.

just take it
>>
I forced myself to finish the first Alice to get achievements to finish 100% Alice Madness Returns, it was the least fun achievement I have ever gotten.
>>
File: 81ddec4714233505ea81a35f83b354d7.jpg (869 KB, 1055x1375) Image search: [Google]
81ddec4714233505ea81a35f83b354d7.jpg
869 KB, 1055x1375
>>342922282
I enjoyed the game for what it was. Biggest problem was that the Dollhouse level dragged on way too fucking long. Alice is a genuine qt though.
>>
>>342922282
Words will never express how fucking much I hate this game, how much they fucked up the story:
>In the first game alice's careless action caused the death of her familiy, unable to cope with the guilt she became insane, years passed till she slowly, little by little start to accept it, reflected in her wonderland. In the end of the game she accept her sins, fix her wonderland (her mind) and decide to move on.

>In the second game the evil doctor was the real evil guy who killed alice family, because he was an evil guy he raped alice's sister and killed her family as a way to destroy the evidence because the was an evil guy. SO because he was evil he wanted to do evil stuff to alice too like he did to other childrens because he was evil. In the end alice kills the evil doctor so he couldnt do any more evil stuff to others.
>>
Bought this game few days ago on sale and my fps drops to 5-10 in combat. Any way to get around it or is it just shit?
>>
>>342930506
It's because of physx, turn off it.
>>
>>342922282
why would you play this game when games like bayonetta exist, which have infinitely better platforming and combat. this game is a clunky shitfest compared to the smooth, fluid gameplay other titles have to offer.
>>
>>342930634
Because Bayo is a lewd slut.
>>
>>342930634
why not playing both?
This exclusivity comparison reasoning of "X is better so there's no reason to play Y" makes no sense, especially since it's not like one game is a better version of another, they're different.
>>
>>342922282
To me, everything was great about the game except for the gameplay, which is a shame.
I still quite enjoyed it.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.