[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
$5 on steam, is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5
File: valkyria-chronicles-pc-1.jpg (477 KB, 1066x512) Image search: [Google]
valkyria-chronicles-pc-1.jpg
477 KB, 1066x512
$5 on steam, is it good?
>>
Yes, and YES for that price.
I never finished it.
>>
>>342916394
Worth $5 for sure if you enjoy RPGs.
>>
yes. totally worth it for that price.
>>
>>342916394
For $5 absolutely
>>
>>342916394
Yes. It's also the only good game in the series
>>
>>342916747
3 was alright.
>>
>>342916394
Definitely. It feels like it loses a bit of replayability for subsequent playthroughs, but a solid 10/10 game. Hell, I 100% it on PS3, which means I didn't need trophies as an incentive.

Also, the Darcsens are the Germans after WWII. Don't believe everyone who says they represent the Jews.
>>
No.

Unskippable cutscenes

Playing the 'right' way is a drag

Playing the 'wrong' way i.e. scout rushing gets boring and repetitive
>>
File: 008.jpg (2 MB, 2450x3492) Image search: [Google]
008.jpg
2 MB, 2450x3492
>>342916747
>>342916948
2 was fine as well.

Very overrated is the disdain for it.
>>
File: Batomys.png (262 KB, 567x481) Image search: [Google]
Batomys.png
262 KB, 567x481
>>342916394
Sure, you'll have a blast.
>>
>>342917039
Then what is the empire? The Darcsen calamity was extreme inflation?
>>
>>342917237
that mission is tied with the one where you have to defend the refugee camp for 8 turns for worst mission
>>
>>342917237
>>342917402
you guys just suck
>>
>>342917148
>scout rushing
I don't know if the bug is still there but with 60fps the enemies dealt double damage to you thanks to rate of fire being doubled. Not much scout rushing past enemies with that shit

Also it's not fun to scout rush everything
>>
File: Valkyria 2014-11-12 01-33-42-54.jpg (211 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Valkyria 2014-11-12 01-33-42-54.jpg
211 KB, 1920x1080
>>342917639
It was fixed and you still could scout rush with it.
>>
>>342917281
>Then what is the empire?
I view them as the US, and the Valkyrur as the Jews. The Darcsens have the same hair/eye color as each other like the Aryans. They are blamed for a calamity they did not actually commit, while the Valkyrur are praised as heroes they are not. The Valkyrur have secret teachings known only to themselves, just like Jews. There are too many similarities between the Darcsens and Germans. The ONLY similarity between Jews and Darcsens that I've seen is "muh concentration camps", which the Jews are not the only people to have ever been in.
>>
>>342916394
Story is awful but the game is fun to play. Once you finish your first playthrough and realize how easy and unbalanced it is, give this mod a try:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=498442298
>>
>people genuinely think Scout rushing is a legitimate thing you can do in this game
>without grinding
I mean, if you grind all of them to get all those extra useful orders and level up scouts then sure, you can. But otherwise its damn near impossible to do that and I don't know why you'd put yourself through the trouble of trying that.
>>342917237
I don't understand; that mission is short and easy. The worst mission is the train one.
>>
>>342918196
Okay I'm pretty certain they didn't change enemy stats between the PC and PS3/PS4 versions. Enemies always had better stats than me when going through both PS versions. Do people on PC just grind the extra maps a few hundred times once they get them?
>>
>>342918585
No, I've never even tried those extra maps at all. Are they any good?

I got plenty of exp from just beating the missions (mostly A ranks but some B ranks on my first playthrough), and I believe that enemy stats are pretty low compared to your squad's, but it's not about the stats You should notice how easy the game is on any version. Just use the "defend" order to increase your scout's defense and they can sprint through interception fire with ease. Just use the anti-tank attack order and your scout can take out a tank in 1-2 turns. I can appreciate the idea of using shocktroopers to take out enemies and lancers to blow up tanks, but that's actually inefficient if your scouts can do all that by themselves.
>>
>>342919116
The game may have some ease to it if you play a certain way. I'll admit I never really used those orders because I'm used to JRPGs where usually those buffs don't do much and are a waste of a turn. Maybe it would become much easier with those orders.

As far as stats though, getting mostly A rank, and getting all the perks from killing the right enemies and whatnot, enemies were constantly higher in stats than me. I think they probably even got elite units around 4 maps before I got my first elite unit. Stats are the only thing that shouldn't be better than yours.
>>
>>342917173
>Very overrated is the disdain for it.
My biggest problem with 2 were the maps. Never tried 3, but it probably has the same exact problem. The maps are simplistic as fuck, due to being on the PSP. Being as this is a type of SRPG, maps are the most important aspect of the game to me.
>>
>>342916394

It's worth full price. You Steam kids shouldn't even have to ask if $5 is worth trying a game.
>>
>>342917991
>Empire as US
>Wear Nazi colors and didnt save all of Europans ass

Ok m8
>>
>>342922208
It isn't a 1:1 comparison though since the game has references out the ass in many different forms to many different wars. This isn't a WWII game, it is a war game. Everyone who calls the Darcsens Jews just think this is a WWII parody game and are ignorant. Despite all the different references in the game, the Darcsens still have more in common with Germans though.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.