[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you bought a game on G2A? What was it like? Any shady stuff
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: nn.png (57 KB, 1399x408) Image search: [Google]
nn.png
57 KB, 1399x408
Have you bought a game on G2A? What was it like? Any shady stuff happened?
>>
>>342915451
Nope

I've made around a hundred purchases on kinguin, a handful on G2A and cdkeys each, and I've never ran into a bad key, nor had one revoked later. People blow up the risks greatly, there definitely is one, and I'll pay for protection on larger purchases of say $35 or more, but otherwise, it's really not even necessary.
>>
>>342916834
I recently had the first bad key from cdkeys. They promptly gave me a new key 90 minutes after I first contacted them. Pretty good support.
>>
>>342915451
I've bought like 5 games so far. No problems

>>342917046
did you have Shield?
>>
>>342917193
>did you have Shield?
no
>>
I've bought two games I think. They were cheaper than historical lows on any other platform. The constant moral-fagging is retarded when it comes to G2A and other such platforms.
>>
>>342915451
Oh I hope you enjoy it anon, I am on chapter 2 of the game now and I quite like it.
>>
I don't understand why anyone would buy anything from key reselling sites. You realize none of the money you spend goes to the developers, right? It all goes to scum sucking bottomfeeding con-artist subhuman russians. You are better off pirating, since even that is less harmful to the industry.
>>
>>342917506
>Dorothy
>I'll never have a sexbot like her
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/264966045862953454/21C7292F25FC72151C589332F6C2DC6F0FD4E546/
>>
>>342917602
It's key re-selling, not keys-created-out-of-thin-air-selling
>>
>>342917659
Yeah, she is pretty top tier.
I expect intelligent machines to exist at some point, and sex workers will have to come out of that crowd.
Ones that look like Dorothy will probably not be legal though, even though it would probably be a good thing for humanity.
>>
>>342915451
I've bought a bunch from G2A over the years. Just pick a seller with a 98% or above reputation with alot of customers and you'll be perfectly fine. Never bought shield either
>>
>>342917602
when you buy steam key, legit or not, you get access to patches/hotfices, dlc, multiplayer, steam controller configurations, and the safety of knowing you're not downloading viruses
>>
>>342915451

>Buying keys from G2A
>Buying keys from most likely stolen credit card numbers.

Just fucking pirate it.
>>
>>342915451
ZZZZ

OP don't listen to all the idiots who say they scam this and that i literally spent over 150 euro with them that is like 200 dollar and never got a key scammed

tinybuild is just a retarded indie dev who feels like they deserve more money

also the marketplace is another story buy from G2A directly instead of a marketplace reseller.
>>
>>342917984
The inwont get patches or be able to play online anon. At least I tried rrrrrrright?
Also valve handles transaction disputes for vendors. IE valve eats the charge back cost and the dev gets their portion. So the dev still gets paid, but the third party doesn't. It's a bit like stuffing Walmart and its hard to feel bad about it. The dev only gets screwed if it isn't a steam key.
>>
>>342918289
Also as for source, I work for Gameloft. This is the main reason devs use services like steam, xbl, PSN or Google play.
>>
>>342915451
I've had pretty okay experiences with G2A and Kinguin. Got one bad key for Dragons Dogma from G2A but it looked like they just copied it wrong. They emailed me an hour after I complained and sent me the right key.

General advice is just look at where the key is coming from. Be wary buying from slavs and turks. Always get the shield if you're buying from some 3rd world country.
>>
>>342918404
>Always get the shield
wtf is the shield?
>>
those redditors bashing g2a

yes goy, buy the steam version, goy!

as long as you buy from big resellers you're fine
>>
>>342918404
either get the shield or pay via paypal
>>
>>342918526
The site's guarantee that the code is legit. Usually costs like 1 dollar extra
>>
>>342915451
Bought BF3 and Dayz on g2a and not a single problem.
>>
>>342918619
>>342918526
It's just guaranteed insurance, means if you get a bad key, there's a 0% chance of not getting a refund if you ask for one
>>
>paying for piracy
Surely you're not this retarded.
>>
I used it a few times, and I had no problems so far.
>>
>>342918809
Tell me when I can pirate games for free and play them online
>>
I recently got the Harley DLC for Arkham Knight (You know why) for about 40 some odd cents and DR2: OTR for under 2 dollarydoos. All fine.

In the past, FO4 and AK for prices I still haven't seen matched in any sale anywhere. Never a problem.

Be sure to buy lots on the Steam sale however, goys. oy vey 35%!!
>>
>>342918934
this.

>inb4 some nigger mentions tungle.
>>
>>342918384
>>342918289
Not even a single (you) for this? Really?
>>
>>342915451
In the last 12 months I've bought 18 games from G2A without any single problem at all.

5 from Kinguin without any single problem at all.

2 from cdkeys without any single problem at all.

Same applies to all of my friends and family who have never experienced any grey market shenanigans despite regularly purchasing.
>>
>>342918934
Yeah, I get you man, the multiplayer in-
The Elder Scrolls
Middle earth Shadow of mordor
Cities: Skylines
Life is strange
The Witcher
L.A. Noire
Assassins creed
Max Payne 3
Ori and the blind forest
Mirrors edge
was so good
>>
>>342919623
I personally only buy games that have online and if I have to buy a game its usually cheaper through resellers. I don't know what you're getting at.
>>
>>342915451
Used it about 4 times. No issues.
I do enjoy my legal keys from legitimate russian businessmen.
>>
Only once, bought GTA V and about 2 months later after I had played like 80 hours of it, Steam went and took it away saying the original purchasers credit card payment didn't go through.

Went to G2A to get a refund and they didn't give me one (eventhough I had the G2A Shield), so I went to the original seller and got one from him.

Fun part is I bought it on sale for like $39 and the seller apologised and gave me back $60.
>>
>>342915451
Half of my steam library is G2A purchases.
Never used the shield either.
>>
>>342919623
I prefer having them secured in my steam account.
Too lazy to start scavenging for patches and such.
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.