[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Honestly, why won't Nintendo just make a real Paper Mario
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3
Honestly, why won't Nintendo just make a real Paper Mario game again? I don't understand it.
>>
Miyamoto is a hack and told them to turn it into Toad's gimmick game instead.
>>
File: 1466531978975.jpg (13 KB, 305x385) Image search: [Google]
1466531978975.jpg
13 KB, 305x385
that sounds really boring
>>
Tanabe's a madman and IS doesn't want to make another 64/TTYD.
>>
>>342913995
Much like Sticker Star.
>>
>>342913995
Is six the last one
I'm still very confused
>>
>>342914195
Yes
>>
>>342913995
Why is this picture showing up so much recently? What's it from.
>>
>>342914270
Shills from Youtube.
Just ignore it like the plague.
>>
>>342914270
Don't Hug Me I'm Scared 6.
>>
>>342914464
>shilling for youtube views
you are actually fucking retarded
>>
>>342914757
Struck a nerve, Mr Shekelberg?
>>
>>342913393
Because remaking the same game is boring without some innovation.
>>
>/v/ 22-year-olds cry that they won't make another like their baby's first Paper Mario
>>
>>342915316
then explain the NSMB series
>>
>>342915536
>walljumping
>the extra air from the air spin
>new game goal for the game
>New ideas for items and gamepad multiplayer
yes while they may not seem major Nintendo does try to innovate the series
>>
The more time it passes, the more I get filled with impotent rage
I've always wondered what made someone take krokodil, now I'm sure I would take the Paper Mario equivalent of krokodil. Stuff it with furry shit, SocJus, I don't care.
>>
>>342915869
>Listing minor additions instead of complete overhauls to the formula like what Sticker Star did to normal Paper Mario conventions
Are you pretending to be retarded? Surely your brain damage cannot be THAT bad. They could literally add those minor things you listed as "innovation" to a new Paper Mario game that follows the formula of PM64 and TTYD.
>>
>>342916236
Innovation doesn't mean complete overhaul you dunce. Not to mention paper mario is a turn based rpg. You cant innovate on that without turning it into a different genre which is what teh other paper marios are.
>>
>>342913393
>hey guys you know that game all about a charming story, interesting sidekicks, and unique races of characters?
>let's make it about Toads instead
>let's make is so Bowser doesn't talk instead
>let's make it focused on combat instead
>let's make it so you have a limited number of moves
>let's make it so you can't even switch targets
>lol I really hope they only have jumps against those enemies who change spear placement each turn
>we'll put the one with the spear upward in front and even though you'd be able to damage the one in the back you can only attack the one in the front and take damage AAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>let's make it so a slot machine is an integral gameplay mechanic

Yes I'm mad.
>>
>>342916525
What? I NEVER said innovation meant complete overhaul. You implied that Nintendo innovated the New Super Mario Bros games by adding "new items" and graphical tidbits like "muh extra air from teh air spin". Those are some minor fucking things, so why doesn't Paper Mario get the free pass if what they wanted to do is grab the freaking TTYD engine and build up from there, adding new stuff in the process without crapping on its game mechanics?
>>
>>342916961
>adding new stuff in the process
They literally cannot do this without people shitting their pants that it wasn't the paper mario they know. They've already added ridable characters in the first three and if they added another mechanic to jumping people will only get mad that the series became a platformer. All people want is the same game on the same engine over and over, but that's not what Nintendo wants to make because they fell that's stale and while what they did to the series is terrible they aren't wrong in that sense of thinking,.
>>
>>342913393
Anon your question doesn't make sense.

Super Paper Mario, Sticker Star and Color Splash all exist, Nintendo is still making real Paper Mario games. I'm pretty sure they aren't imaginary.
>>
>>342914078
>>342913393
IS was going to but Miyamoto told them to stop because it looked too much like TTYD.
>>
>>342916714
Which game is this?
>>
>>342917802
Aren't they working on color splash?
>>
>>342918171
Yes they are, because SS did well
>>
>>342917608
That's not true at all mate. I do not see so many people complain about Super Paper Mario as much as I see people complain about Sticker Star; why? Because at least they TRIED with SPM; yes it was different, but had new characters, an interesting plot, 4 playable characters, "partners", the chapter system, etc. Sticker Star was, like SPM, an attempt at innovation, but the thing is that attempt was pure shit, unlike SPM's. Are you really okay with having 100000+ Toads as NPCs when you could AT LEAST have Piantas or some shit?
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.