[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went so fucking right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
What went so fucking right?
>>
>>342906397
casual games die fast
>>
>>342906397
I'll tell ya what went wrong: Blizzard's marketing team
>>
there's a major tournament stream with 62k viewers?
if you take that one channel away, you're left with less than 10k
>>
Why the fuck would you watch someone play Black Ops 3?

Oh cool he shot that guy half a second faster than he could aim at him!

Oh no! The other guy saw him half a second faster than he saw the other guy!
>>
>>342907212
So its just like Overshilled, except less casual and without Iwin buttons.
>>
Twitch views don't matter.
>>
>>342906397
Where's Battleborn?
Is it time for delicious Pitchford tears?
>Douk
>Colonial Marines
>Bordermemes
Fuck you Pitchford
>>
>>342906397
I'm surprised Dead by Daylight is still up there.
>play beta with friends
>everyone says they'll get it
>game releases
>I buy it
>no one else does
>play with strangers
>WAH WAH WRAITH OP
>WAH WAH HILLBILLY OP
>WAH WAH STOP CAMPING THE HOOK
>WAH WAH NERF KILLERS
Holy fucking shit. I've never seen such a whiny, pathetic community before. I've always felt that gamers were never as self-entitled as people joke about in forums, but Jesus Christ.
>>
>>342906397
Isn't that just because of CEO or whatever?
>>
Isn't Hearthstone a card game? Why would you watch that?
>>
The game is so good that everyone is busy actually playing it instead of watching other people play it.
>>
>>342907987
But is it fun?
Been close to buying it but remember Vermintide, L4D2, KF2, and the quick falloff in content.
>>
Only 72k big tourney pretty sad game still failed.
>>
So is Street Fighter V good now or what?

I want to support Capcom developers whenever I can because they make some of my favourite games, but Capcom as a company wants to stop me every inch of the way.
>>
>>342907987
all online gaming communities have been shit since 2010 or 2012
multiplayer games have been a hub for griefers, autistic 7 year olds, and angry manchildren ever since
>>
>>342906694
then why is babby's first fighting game first on the twitch?
>>
>>342906397
>thinking Overwatch is more than a dead game

No surprise here.

The problem with Blizzard is, that they can't compete anymore. They focused so much on Battleborn with their negativ marketing, that they forgot that their own game is just garbage.

They pushed the beta and the release date (because they saw Battleborn is a much better game and had to attack as fast as possible), but they forgot that TF2 is also there with a huge and loyal fan base.

Now Overwatch dies slowly, because TF2 is still the king and the Twitch "please subscribe and support my gaming with real money" streamers are realizing two things:
-Overwatch is boring and very exhausting to play
-Their viewer count doesn't increase, it even decreases, because the game is much more boring to watch than to play
>>
>Rollercoaster Tycoon has more viewers than overwatch
Kek
>>
>>342906397
It's dying? Sweet.
>>
>>342908252
The volume of those games and prevalence of twitch-mentality where people jump from one popular game to the next means they're brimming with players for a very short time and then empty forever the next minute. It's probably not going to be worth buying a game like that again unless it's by a triple-A with a ton of support behind it.
>>
File: 1463093742093.jpg (64 KB, 770x711) Image search: [Google]
1463093742093.jpg
64 KB, 770x711
>Blizzard pumps literally millions of dollars into making it stick with esports
>nobody gives a fuck and not even the paid streamers want to play it anymore

IT'S NOT FUCKING FAIR

FIRST SC2
THEN HOTS
AND NO THIS

THIS CAN'T BE HAPPENING AGAIN
>>
>>342914932
They still have Hearthstone, which probably makes more than all three of those combined and somehow managed to acquire a competitive scene despite being a mobile game with almost no competitive depth.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.