[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As you may know, the Steam sale is currently up. Just throw recommendations
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: download.jpg (5 KB, 204x204) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
5 KB, 204x204
As you may know, the Steam sale is currently up. Just throw recommendations out there for anyone, maybe give a little details on what the game is about, what you do, etc.
>>
Remember to avoid any Denuvo-protected games.
Don't support anti-ethical practices; vote with your wallet.
>>
File: 6HN4VQt.png (170 KB, 604x621) Image search: [Google]
6HN4VQt.png
170 KB, 604x621
Recommend me.
Anything I'm missing? Or want to miss?
>>
>>342904626
>t-they don't have the right to protect their shit i swear !
>it will fuck up your hardware and cause bad perfs !
Man, i'm a pirate myself but faggots like you is the worst. If you want to fight "anti-ethical practices" stop buying shit games in general and other dlc-fest. Denuvo is a natural response and wont be here for long anyway, but if you're a dumbass so you don't know that.
>>
File: 1466820550187.jpg (128 KB, 647x670) Image search: [Google]
1466820550187.jpg
128 KB, 647x670
>>342904717
Rabi Ribi
Saints Row Pack
>>
>>342904717
>buying STALKER
none of the money goes to the original developers, it goes to a Ukrainian fatcat that bought the company, and is sitting on it with no intention of producing any games just to get the money to roll in
it is a great series though
>>
http://store.steampowered.com/app/400580/

black closet is a game where you play as a highschool girl in an all-girls school. youre the head of the student council and have to solve cases of bullying and other scandals by using your underlings to spy, sneak and intimidate the other girls.

a fresh concept with VN elements thrown in. might get it myself.

theres a torrent for it but the game is unstable.
>>
I doubt ARK is worth $15 but I'm having a decent time. Minecraft + Dino Riders + UE4 is so far entertaining, and I haven't even tamed a dino yet. I like the level up system, and have always been afraid of persistent players characters especially in a PvP setting, but so far all the other dudes in my server are chill and helpful.
>>
Subnautica is pretty good.
>>
>>342904019
Do I get project zomboid or the forest if I want an autistic flavor of zombie survival game?

Also is subnautica any good?
>>
>>342906313
I wanted to like the game but it looked like shit on my 770
>>
>>342906626
Yeah, it's a stress test and a half but my 650 runs pretty well on medium settings and the "no sky effects" startup option and still looks gorgeous.
>>
>>342906794
I don't understand how some settings can just completely fuck games performance sometimes.
And its usually just one setting that doesn't effect graphics very much.
>>
Currently looking for a good 'life management' game a la Littlewitch Romanesque and Magical Diary. Fantasy/magic setting not required, they just happen to be the only Steam examples I can think of right now. Otome is fine.
>>
>>342906454
zomboid

yes
>>
File: despair.gif (2 MB, 316x213) Image search: [Google]
despair.gif
2 MB, 316x213
Torn between getting Rust or ARK; any opinions on which is the better of the duo?
>>
>>342910519
ARK. Rust is half dead and, unless something changed, the servers are filled with ruins as people leave forever and there's no auto-cleanup.

ARK is a bit more grindey if you get serious or stay solo, but the difference in content blows Rust out of the water alone. If you really hate the grind, you can go solo with time/gathering modifiers.
>>
>>342910809
Can you even play ARK solo?

The only thing I want to do is to build a lone cliffside building up high and have a flying mount, that's about it. Will I just get killed repeatedly until I quit?

Also, can you join a guild so that you just have a guild tag and they don't bother you, without them forcing you into voice chat and shit?
>>
>>342911038
>Can you even play ARK solo?
Yes. Unless they changed something, you can play offline, which comes with dozens of custom rules for your 'server,' including the ability to speed up taming time and multiplying gathering income.
>>
>>342911194
I meant solo on a MP server, without getting into TS with a bunch of annoying people bossing you around. But I still want to see other people doing stuff around me.
>>
>>342911284
For MP you can either join a guild or stay solo. There's global chat and people are tagged with their guilds, but you're absolutely not forced to join one; just like an MMORPG. Things are probably easier since the amount of points you get when you level up aren't enough to get all the end game recipes, but there's no need to have all of them.

Solo is perfectly viable as long as you don't pick fights with guilds. The world is big enough that resources shouldn't be a sticking point either.
>>
>>342911664
So it's closer to a PvP server in a MMO than for example DayZ where it's just KoS?

Can you make an underground hidden base or something like that?
>>
File: 1466650997153.png (732 KB, 545x741) Image search: [Google]
1466650997153.png
732 KB, 545x741
im about to buy l4d or 2. which it is better for multiplayer?
>>
>>342912314
The thing is it's absolutely detrimental to kill other players unless they're fucking with you first. They're not going to steal your resources or dinos since those continuously respawn. Plus the longer players are on your server, the more useful in general they are - killing predator dinos and spotting things (the maps are gigantic). In fact, newbie-griefers are usually hanged up on by the bigger guilds because every person that quits sets things on the server as a whole back quite a bit - guilded or not. Servers sizes max at 100 so it's easy to narrow down who's fucking with the fresh blood.
>>
>>342912314
I just started the other day but I don't think you can dig. There's dungeon-like caves and shitloads of cliffs though.
>>
>>342912921
That sounds like the game designers went more towards the game type I'd prefer, thanks for the info! I'm a bit worried about the server size, seems kind of tiny? Wouldn't it just be two raid-sized guilds against one another then?
>>
>>342913265
It could end up being 1 guild against another, but like I said, the map is so huge that multiple clans make more sense. There are summonable raid bosses, so it's near to see clans group up and take them out together for the loot.
>>
>>342912898
>>
File: consumism.png (228 KB, 548x1236) Image search: [Google]
consumism.png
228 KB, 548x1236
What do you think?
I can spare another 3 bucks or so.
>>
>>342912898
>even considering L4D

You know that 2 comes with all the maps from L4D anyway right?
>>
>>342913169
>but I don't think you can dig.
!!!

Can't you dig in all of these games? Or am I just confused because the only one I played was 7 days to die where digging is like the most important thing.
>>
>>342905076
If Denuvo was used in Dark Souls DSfix wouldn't have been a thing, and the development for the MP mod of JC3 is dead due to Denuvo.
>>
>>342912898
Yeah just a heads up, L4D2 literally has the entire L4D1 in it so you do not ever need to buy the first game
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.