[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Resident Evil Sale
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3
File: resident-evil-5_o_979436.jpg (38 KB, 401x408) Image search: [Google]
resident-evil-5_o_979436.jpg
38 KB, 401x408
Alright so I really love Dead Space 1 and 2, I liked Resident Evil Revelations on the 3DS a lot. Steam sale's going on, should I jump for any of the RE games? I'm thinking of picking up RE1, 4, and Rev1 and 2. Good idea or bad? Has anyone else played a game in the series that stood out as recommendable?
>>
>>342900775
Kill yourself
>>
nigglets are cute
>>
>>342900775
If you liked Revelations, then you'll love RE from 4 onwards.

May as well pick up RE1 too. The whole series is at least worth playing.
>>
File: Get your own memes.jpg (87 KB, 643x569) Image search: [Google]
Get your own memes.jpg
87 KB, 643x569
>>342900775
None. For some reason Capcom is releasing them individually on the next gen consoles. Not a single one is worth playing.

The entire series needs a remake from the ground up. No more running, stopping to shoot, turning, then running.
>>
>>342901548
If I want an immersive experience with scarce ammo, all that survival horror jazz, is RE 5 and 6 good for that? Also do those games have the weapons modding? I liked that a lot in RE:Rev
>>
>>342901802
Well I wouldn't say that RE Rev, DS 1 or 2 had remotely scarce ammo so we're going to be having some differences in opinion here.
>>
>>342901802
Resident Evil 5 and 6 were basically made for co-op. The problem is that the default partner AI is absolutely horrid.
>>
File: dlc.jpg (117 KB, 1495x760) Image search: [Google]
dlc.jpg
117 KB, 1495x760
I was thinking about picking up DS3 for $10 but the amount of DLC for stupid little things make this game look even shittier.
>>
Don't even think about buying RE6. Got it just for the online co-op with a friend and it didn't fucking work. Instantly DC'd like 5 minutes into the first co-op level (prologue is solo). Instantly refunded.
>>
>>342902037
It was scarce enough on the higher difficulties that you had to budget your ammo if i remember correctly, save for those flashback levels and the ones that put you in some frozen whereverthefuck. Having played these kind of games so many times, it doesn't even matter how much ammo is or isnt available because you're constantly using just the bare minimum.
>>
>>342902270
All Dead Space glorified micro-transaction DLC is fucking worthless. Suit recolours and shit, not worth it.

Other than that the only real problem with DS3 that I had was the loot system and universal ammo.

Co-op breaks the game. I recommend co-op.
>>
>>342902419
Really? When was this, played through the whole game with a friend not too long ago.
>>
>>342902689
What about the story DLC? From what I can tell it was too short
>>
>>342902964
Severed? It's short as fuck, kind of lame, and half the levels are just Isaac's levels backwards.

Extraction, though, that was the shit.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.