[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How's this game? Never played a DR before. Better get the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3
File: header.jpg?t=1447353461.jpg (54 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
header.jpg?t=1447353461.jpg
54 KB, 460x215
How's this game?
Never played a DR before.
Better get the 3 directly?
>>
>>342884674
It has many refinements compared to the first game. It also brings in new problems. If you want to play the DR2 but want frank west, just get off the record. That version also brings even more refinements. It's worth a play.
>>
Its before they decided on some mechanic changes I disliked.

Definitely play this and the first one. In order if you are able.
>>
>>342884674
Was thinking about getting this on PS3 for co op?
Anyone know if any one still play it?
>>
>>342884674
it's a good game, just like DR 1. Fixed some problems, made some new ones. All around, it's a good game, but play the first one first. The charm the first one establishes can carry over to the second game.

3 takes most of the charm away and replaces it with cuhrayzee shit that really isn't all that interesting.
>>
>>342884674
Should I pick up 2 or Off The Record?

I've only played 1 and 3.
>>
>>342885068
>I've only played 1 and 3
>skipped 2
first off, how?
second, get Off the record. To me, it was better
>>
>>342885068
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QD1pbWCJcKQ
>>
>>342885185
Just never picked it up. It's not like you need to know the series canon to enjoy it.
>>
>>342885185
There aren't many differences besides some plot changes and based Frank.

Mechanically speaking, OTR is better, survivors have better AI and there's some smaller fixes from the base game.

I'd still suggest getting DR2 now and OTR later, but if you can only get one, it's up to you.
>>
File: groundhog-day-driving[1].jpg (92 KB, 751x516) Image search: [Google]
groundhog-day-driving[1].jpg
92 KB, 751x516
I love the concept of levels being completely separate from the campaign and how you can uncover secrets that make getting around easier. I just wished there was more to it with these games. Effect how the story branches out and stuff.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.