[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's /v/'s opinion of Skies of Arcadia? With every
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2
File: skiesofarcadia.jpg (358 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
skiesofarcadia.jpg
358 KB, 1024x768
What's /v/'s opinion of Skies of Arcadia? With every other franchise that was ever remotely popular getting a remake/sequel, do you think Arcadia could do with a sequel or should it just be left well enough as is.
>>
With gaming in the state that it currently is, a sequel could never do the original justice. I'm happy with just occasional cameos like in Valkyria Chronicles.
>>
My #1 favorite game

I would buy an HD remake in a heartbeat as long as they don't do anything stupid.

A sequel would be interesting but I'd prefer it to be a FF type of sequel where it's a whole new world and characters but keep the themes and mechanics.
>>
>>342877029
/v/ seems to really like it, and from what I've played the characters and setting are cool. However, I don't like the gameplay and can't stand random battles so I doubt I'll ever finish it.
>>
>>342879363
Are you me?
I didn't like this game either.
Dropped it after the first boss.
>>
>>342879363
>>342879863
I also didn`t like it dropped it in the beginning of the game
>>
>>342877584
Seconding all of this.
>>
>>342879363
Did you play the Gamecube or Dreamcast version? Apparently, the Dreamcast version had an extra 0 added to the end of the coding for the random battle generator, by accident. Which is why you can't go 5 steps without a fight.

This was fixed in the Gamecube version. They halfed the random battles, but they give you twice as much experience so you don't fall behind.
>>
The random battle never bothered me that much. I think that just became a meme in these parts. Something like Breath of Fire has always had horrible random encounter rate, and nobody mentions it. Yet this game has half of that and everyone is crying about it. Alpha Storm clears 90 % of randoms in one go anyway and fleeing is not difficult in SoA.
>>
Hypothetically, if I ran from every single random battle, would it be possible for me to beat the boss fights?

Random battles are a nuisance if you can avoid them, but they're a major flaw if the game is designed around forcing the player to fight a ton of easy, poorly balanced filler battles.

>>342883253
BoF doesn't really have any redeeming features, so the random battles are just a drop in the bucket.
>>
A great adventure.

I'm hoping someday a game can capture a little of that kind of fun in a bottle and ship it as something new.
>>
>>342884161
No, I don't think you could.
>>
I really hope sega gives it some love and releases a HD version or something.
>>
>>342879863
I dumped 40 hours into it and got up to the final dungeon and gave up. The game was just boring to me but I kept forcing myself to play it because I thought it would get better. It's not bad just super average. If its your first JRPG I'm sure you'd think it was amazing
>>
>>342877029
Easily in my top 5 favorite games.

>>342881820
This, the gamecube version is definitely the better one to play especially with the additional content it has a good amount of extra bosses for end game content. The lowered encounter rate is much better. The only downsides are the reduced music quality and a few small cases of nintendo censorship. If I recall the only censorship was cigarettes and alcohol being removed and one characters outfit being modified to be less revealing.
>>
>>342884450
>>342884161
Only because some boss fights are scripted, but the game is not hard. I haven't tried it but I don't see that it can't be done, there are plenty of offensive items that are beyond OP in this game. There are the boxes that gives you mid tier magic from the get-go that you can straight up buy, you get so much gear from treasure that it's practically stupid to buy gears every town, and healing items make you basically invincible especially in ship battles. Also some skills flat out null damage, be it regular hit(vyse), magic(Aika), or skills(Enrique).
>>
Voice acting here are short and dopey but I like them for some reason.

>Dance for me!
>>
Fucking great! My favorite RPG with Xenoblade.
A prequel could work, but i'd love to see a remake too.
>>
>>342885373
Is there an undub patch?
>>
>>342884629
They did say it was in the plans a long time ago. In the same interview they promised Yakuza 5 and we eventually got that. I'll happen one day.

>>342885753
I don't think so
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.