[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just bought this game on sale cause I loved Dark Souls 1. Too
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42
File: Dark Shit 2.jpg (56 KB, 256x369) Image search: [Google]
Dark Shit 2.jpg
56 KB, 256x369
Just bought this game on sale cause I loved Dark Souls 1.

Too bad it's fucking terrible compared to the first.

>gaining humanity now PREVENTS online play
>your max health is reduced after every kill, making the game harder and harder with each death, artificial difficulty
>shit tier hitboxes
>literally no direction whatsoever, even worse than dark souls 1
>environments are very basic and dull

Why do people like this game again?
>>
>>342874806
2 years 2 late for DaS2 shitposting, it's objectively the best Souls game since SotFS.
>>
You're completely right, but no one likes this game, just autists on /v/ because they like to be contrarian just for the sake of it. Still, get ready for the DS2 defense force to come pouring in.
>>
>>342874806
Wow, that's funny. I am in the same boat as you, but with an opposite opinion.
The only complaint I have is I don't like not having an ultra greatsword and I don't know the entire game inside and out to get one.
>>
>>342875109
go to no-man's wharf, check the houses
>>
>>342875032
Nice bait.
>>
>>342874806
>your max health is reduced after every kill
caps at 50%, and there's a ring in the first area of the game that reduces that to 75%.
>>
>>342874806
I've gone back and played Ds2 after sinking alot of time into Ds3 and looking back on it I've gotta say it's kind of sad how uninspired and boring every boss in the base game is. Not to mention how poorly laid out the generic levels are
>>
>>342874806
Because it's okay and not as bad as /v/ says it is.
I want this meme to end.
>>
>>342876357
Ds2 isn't a terrible game, I just think it was disappointing to those of us who wanted more Ds1
>>
>>342875109
Pursuer is a non optional boss and does his soul not yield a UGS?

>you're not a souleater fag are you?
>>
>>342874806
>your max health is reduced after every kill, making the game harder and harder with each death, artificial difficulty
Good thing you never played Demon's Souls. Death instantly reduced your HP by 50% and items to return human are very limited while in DS2 you can infintely farm them.

Dragon Aerie would like to have a word with you. Also the Lost Bastille.
>>
>>342875032
>SotFS
>an improvement
Where did this meme come from? Spamming enemies and invaders with broken poise isn't an improvement.
>>
>>342878210
It removed far more enemies than it added
>>
>artificial difficulty
This is a bad meme, this game is by far the easiest in the series. You know how many bosses gave me trouble in this game? Zero, all of them I killed in 3 tries or less most of them in the first try.

The mobs also aren't hard if you actually try to draw them one by one instead of rushing in like a retard.
>>
>>342878713
Plenty of times it packs large amounts of enemies into single encounters.
>>
>>342879104
Not really. Even Iron Keep which is by far the worst offender in SOTFS only has you fighting 2 knights at a time
>>
>>342877105
Pursuer is optional though.
>>
>>342879748
They replace the heide knight in the forest with a bunch of mooks. After killing the pursuer in the forest you get attacked by a bunch of mooks. There's more examples too, but I can't think of them from the top of my head.
>>
>>342874806
Ahh, it's not a day on /v/ unless there is some memer regurgitating some contrarian Youtubers thoughts about Dark Souls 2.

Have a (You) Sir. You earned it. See you tomorrow!
>>
File: autist.png (164 KB, 900x900) Image search: [Google]
autist.png
164 KB, 900x900
ITT:

>GUYZ, GUYS, I JUST WATCHED THE VIDEO FROM THIS AUTISTIC RETARD NITPICKING THE FUCK OUT OF THIS GREAT GAME, DO I LE FIT IN??????????//// OH EM GEEEE LE RED FILTERS ON BOSSES LE INTRODUCTIONS HOW LE DARE THEY XDDD
>>
>>342880185
i can't tell what side you are arguing for

your post is just that retarded
>>
>>gaining humanity now PREVENTS online play
There is no humanity.
Also: You can get rid of the effigy effect at a bonfire. The entire effect is optional and for those who want to play the game with no MP whatsoever. It makes you unable to get invaded and you can't summon anyone for help.
>>your max health is reduced after every kill, making the game harder and harder with each death, artificial difficulty
Human effigy are farmable very early on. Just like rats in DS1. And the health getting reduced is a non-issue for everything besides PvP.
>shit tier hitboxes
Shitboxes originate from DS1
>literally no direction whatsoever
DS2 gives you a far more way to go than DS1 so you can build the specific build that you want very early on. You can choose between 4 areas or just ignore the 4 bitches completely and grind souls whereever you like to get to the next part of the game.
>environments are very dull and basic
Hit and miss. Heide Tower is a pretty good looking area. The forest is rather charmless tho.
>>
>>342880185
>GREAT GAME
a strong 6/10 is great now?
>>
>>342880167
DaS2 is incredibly flawed, though: let's not pretend all of the problems it has suddenly go away because DaS3 somehow turned out to be even more of a disappointment.
>>
>>342878717
>hey bandai namco, why does this happens? and why this was not fixed in soft?
>its because the game is haaard git gud XD
yes its artificial difficulty
>>
>>342880054
The mooks are sleeping, and the ambush after Pursuer consists of only 3 enemies which isn't uncommon in the old version.
>>
>>342880305
>>342880423

Uh oh, the shills are mad now.
>>
File: ds2 room.jpg (491 KB, 1920x1200) Image search: [Google]
ds2 room.jpg
491 KB, 1920x1200
>>342880471
>e DaS3 somehow turned out to be even more of a disappointment.
I don't get why people say it. I'm currently playing ds3 and its a thousand times better than ds2 on all aspects.
>>
>>342875329
>treasure chest
>guts inside
>>
>>342880423
>6/10
No man, it's a fantastic game, it just has some glaring issues. Its biggest sin is that it's not DaS, though.
>>
>>342874806
bullshit
death has consequences, in ds2 even more so. GiT GUD
>literally no direction whatsoever, even worse than dark souls 1
I found my way to most bosses, google a walkthrough
some of them more, some of them less. dark 1 was not better at this and at times, even worse.
>>
>>342874806
Stopped reading there
Gradual health loss is an excellent mechanic
>>
>>342880645

>.50 cents have been deposited on your DS3 shilling account
>>
>>342880692
>Its biggest sin is that it's not DaS, though.
Yeah. i really missed RES in DS1 and great boss designs like Bed of Chaos, Moonlight Butterfly or Ceaseless Discharge. Or the inability to summon anyone with the servers being shit.
>>
>>342880692
I've played plenty of games better than DaSII. It's not bad, but it's nothing special and has some horrible flaws.
>>
>>342880598
>Uh oh, the shills are mad now.

who am i shilling for

i said i don't understand your post

it's ironic on multiple levels
>>
>le Dark Souls 2 is bad maymay
Hey guys I am going to go fight some amazing bosses like Moonlight, Bed of Chaos, Priscilla, Seath, Asylum 3x, Taurus, Iron Giant, Gaping, and Capra with some unheard of optimization brb
>>
File: 1271628635529.jpg (43 KB, 469x465) Image search: [Google]
1271628635529.jpg
43 KB, 469x465
Majula was comfy. The Dragon castle place was pretty cool too.
>>
>>342880874

Are you retarded or something, shill?
>>
>>342880185
>people can't formulate opinions that some eceleb parroted about a shitty video game

Kill yourself my man.
>>
>>342880971
Moonlight butterfly and priscilla are good though. Gaping is alright, and a lot of those are simply forgettable rather than bad.
>>
>>342880645
How many times have you played through it? Have you been PvPing heavily? I loved it to death the first time around, but there's not much replay value because it's the most linear in the series and the game balance combined with the 120 meta mean the build variety is stunted.
It looks nice, has some of the best bosses in the series and has a great OST, but overall it's just a step back in every meaningful way.

Don't let that stop you from enjoying it, though: I just hoped that Fromsoft would have incorporated everything good from the prior games instead of slapping together something in the Bloodborne engine to fulfill their contract with Bamco.
>>
>>342880645

Why not 1025 times? What do I need to write to kojima so he makes the next souls 2000 times better than ds3, at least?
>>
>>342875402
It is though. The camera and lock on suck in DkS3, and by extension the whole game is an irritating mess. DkS1 and 2 both have their pros and cons, and DkS3 is just a step back. It's not open to serious dispute.
>>
>>342881252
>It's not open to serious dispute.
epic
>>
>>342880645
Dark Souls 3 overdoes it.

I can't tell you how many times I have died because my character got stuck on a grave or some stupid shit like that.
>>
File: uGY6cqY.gif (967 KB, 294x233) Image search: [Google]
uGY6cqY.gif
967 KB, 294x233
>>342880769
bad things i've found about ds3:
>no poise
>some boss are way too easy
>items from solaire everywhere(enough of him half of ds2 items were mentioning him and now ds3 is still doing it?)
>andre alive(they could just had used another blacksmith)
>few dialogues, specially the firekeeper(much better than ds2 dialogues, but worst than ds1.)

>>342881104
I lost my save and i'm starting again. Just beat that super easy giant skeleton(i actually died once because his chest killed me while he was moving). I pvped some times and pvp was never 10/10 in the souls series you know? its fun but i don't know, it lacks something, theres too much r1 and roll spam.
>but overall it's just a step back in every meaningful way.
a step back on ds1 yes(other than the part ds1 sucked after ornstein and smough), but not on ds2.
>>
>>342877246
IMO people rag on DS2 too much. The early levels are uninspired (until you reach Bastille) and the bosses are bad. But the rest of the game is great, with the exception of earthen peak. The exploration, level design and most enemies are fine. Secrets and story are better laid out than DS1 and I found NPCs more enjoyable. PvP was also better designed. All in all I liked it much better than DS1s latter half and most of 3.I completely understand hating its bosses though
>>
>>342881548
Andre could have worked if they didn't confirm that he wasn't Gwyn's son.
>>
File: 1412443824858.png (35 KB, 243x296) Image search: [Google]
1412443824858.png
35 KB, 243x296
Get with the times OP, the Souls community is deciding that Bloodborne is the one that isn't good now. Then in anticipation for the DLC people will play Bloodborne again and start saying it's good because they're starved for more of the same, then the DLC comes out, the Dark Souls 3 base game is trash, the DLCs are the best Souls content, and King's Field 4 is now the new Demon's Souls.
>>
>>342881091
Moonlight and Priscilla will both die within seconds unless you have no ranged for moonlight, in which you stand there like a jackass for about a minute waiting for it to come down and THEN it will die in seconds. Priscilla has a pathetic range and will never hit you with melee, and occasionally does a spell that has like 10 seconds of animation time so you can kill her. Gaping sits there for 10 seconds at a time after slamming and after charging for you to hit it over and over, and otherwise you just walk around waiting for it to do so.

Having forgettable easy bosses IS bad for a game focusing heavily on combat. Capra and Taurus both just feel like normal enemies. Oh, forgot Pinwheel too, great fight boys. The point is not to throw rocks from a glass house, not that Dark Souls 2 is perfect.
>>
>>342881849
>if it's easy it's bad
you plebs have to be the worst type of fans for the souls games
>>
To be fair about both games:

DS1:
>RES is a useless stat in every way and has no reason to exist the way it does
>The optimization is horrible on every platform even with the PC fix
>Most of the content beyond Ornstein and Smough is heavily flawed
>Even early you have some pretty dull moments like Gaping Dragon or potentially Moonlight Butterfly
>Covenants are hit and miss - Gravelords are broken and Dickwraiths barely to reach for anyone who doesn't read a guide
>Poise is overpowered and every build develops around it
>Lost Izalith/Demon Ruins/Bed of Chaos are the worst things the Souls series got

DS2:
>Soul Memory is retarded the way its working
>The game doesn't use its lore as well as DS1 did and a lot of content feels like it just got pushed into the game because its good in a videogame
>Vanilla game never gets as great as DS1 did at parts
>No non-broken orbs limit PvP options with the way Soul Memory is working
>Level designs are not as imposing as DS1 level designs for the most parts
>ADP while being good in theory makes things a little too bloated

Besides that there is a lot of stuff that is debatable. Like a lot of people complain about the amount of enemies that DS2 has making it hard for rushers to just skip entire levels for the most parts and grab the gear they want like they did in DS1.
>>
GUYS CAN YOU HELP ME WITH TAURUS DEMON ON DS1?
I bought DS on the summer sale, and I'mkind of stuck there. I can't dodge him without getting caught in his body. My controller is kinda shitty (on the game a few of the buttons are switched up), but otherwise it's working fine. I've been at this for hours and hours. Should I try leveling up first? What am I doing wrong? :\
>>
>>342881995
>Dickwraiths barely to reach for anyone who doesn't read a guide
I never got this design choice. It's almost like they wanted to encourage twinking
>>
>>342881618
>I found NPCs more enjoyable
npcs were the worst part of ds2, with the exception of lucatiel, vengarl and the guy from the past that use the dandreicwhatever armor, they were all as bland as a door.
>>
>>342881548
Mechanically, DaS2 shits all over it apart from speed, but Dark Souls was never about speed.

DaS2 introduced
>omnidirectional rolling
>agility affecting how fast your healing/ item use was (in place of DaS3's instant Estus/ Buffs)
>first instance of guardbreaks
>backstep iframes
>bonfire ascetics
>limited respecs
>small white soapstone
>more

It also fucked up in a lot of places (no full eye orbs, turn radius was shit, some abstruse attack animations, Soul Memory), but the fact that DaS3 chose to abandon what it improved upon is baffling. Combine that with DaS3's own glaring problems and it's mechanically the worst in the series.
>>
>>342882230

>GUUUUUUYYYZZZZ, DO I LE FIT IN YET???????//////////// XDDD
>>
>>342882076
ANYONE PLEASE
>>
>>342882230
The rat king is by far the best npc in any souls game.
>>
>>342882346
you know you could have provided a list of npcs and reasons why you like them instead of making a fool of yourself, you're really doing DaS2 a service by acting like this friend
>>
>>342882465

>making a fool of yourself

Except you already did that, fuck off.
>>
>>342882230
Yes and aside from Onion and Sunbro everyone is flat as a doormat in DS1. It's a matter of opinion I guess. I can under hating some of the NPCs in DS2 though, some of them have extremely short stories or stints
>>
>>342882230
>dark souls 2 characters
>bland
>meanwhile, characters like andre literally say the same thing from the start of the game until the end
>firekeeper doesn't even get new dialogue as the game progresses
>>
>>342881548
That GIF triggers me so much. The Iron Keep Pursuer after smelter demon pissed me off doing this for at least a dozen attempts before I got him.
>>
>>342882571
not even the guy you're replying to but I'll just go ahead and point out saying
>no u
in response is one of the oldest things on the internet to be made fun of, so good work dusting off that oldie.
>>
>>342882465
Not me m80. I'm
>>342882592
>>
>>342882689

>says the matthematosis shill

LMAOOOO
>>
File: um6ijrog.jpg (53 KB, 680x452) Image search: [Google]
um6ijrog.jpg
53 KB, 680x452
>>342882592
>>
>>342882839
you are delusional or shitposting, I'll let you. but you should be better than this anon, it would benefit you and the rest of us here.
>>
>>342882380
Drop attack him. Use the gold pine resin for MASSIVE DAMAGE
>>
>>342882689
>>342882910

>shills will still post even after >>342882856 was posted
>>
>>342881995

DS1:
>Has some of the best fights in the entire series and especially the DLC is excellent
>Most content up to and including OandS is very enjoyable and rewarding
>The atmosphere is topnotch
>The characters and the designs are great
>Skillcurve is great

DS2:
>Introduced Fashion Souls
>Nothing is insanely OP - You can use pretty much any build you want for PvP and PvE
>Again: The DLCs are great
>Game is far more open than DS1 and lets you build your character very early on
>Covenants are perfectly integrated into the game and serve their purpose well
>>
>>342882346
He's right, though. Apart from Vengarl, the NPC quests are just you summoning them for a few fights and then making sure they don't die: nothing like Siegmyer/ Sieglinde in DaS2, and outside of Lucatiel, their dialogue isn't really that interesting.
I gave a shit about Logan going mad, and Griggs heading out to find him. I gave a shit about Laurentius, and I rarely tell him about the Pyromancies I pick up on subsequent playthroughs because he's so likeable.
DaS2 has what? Carrhilion and Chloanne? Benhart ends up in a Giant's memory and Shulva with no virtually explanation.
>>
>>342882076
if you beat him after some hours playing you will be like ''how the fuck did i ever thought taurus demon was hard?''
>>
>>342883154
The Mild Mannered Pate and Creighton stuff was ok though r-right?
>>
File: coolcoolmountain.jpg (145 KB, 1500x844) Image search: [Google]
coolcoolmountain.jpg
145 KB, 1500x844
I hate how the game looks and I hate how combat feels. The level design is cramped and the enemies are retarded.

After playing DS1 in February and popping a huge chubby, I decided to ignore the 4chan meme team and pick up DS2 for 5 bucks.

I can't get more than a couple hours in, and I uninstalled it this week when I got DS3 on sale.

DS3 is great and Ill probably never play DS2 again.
>>
Speaking of NPCs, are both Pate and Creighton assholes?
>>
>>342883074
>DS2:
>Introduced Fashion Souls
what? this already existed in das
>Nothing is insanely OP - You can use pretty much any build you want for PvP and PvE
hexes were op, i dont know about the last updates
>Again: The DLCs are great
compared to the main game yes
>Game is far more open than DS1 and lets you build your character very early on
i dont understand how ds2 maps connect but i think yes
>Covenants are perfectly integrated into the game and serve their purpose well
yes, but ds1 is the game who invented covenants so its not surprise that they weren't so great.

>>342883154
Vengarl is the only npc i REALLY stopped to listen everything he was talking about. I could never finish Lucatiel quest because she just disappear and i didn't found her on all places of her quest. Something that really annoys me is when a npc just disappear forever, why don't they just show him dead or hollow or something? no npc go hollow in ds2, this is unforgivable for me.

>>342883535
yes they both fool you and disappear forever
>>
>>342883685
>Vengarl is the only npc i REALLY stopped to listen everything he was talking about. I could never finish Lucatiel quest because she just disappear and i didn't found her on all places of her quest. Something that really annoys me is when a npc just disappear forever, why don't they just show him dead or hollow or something? no npc go hollow in ds2, this is unforgivable for me.

and that other npc with the dandreic armor that only have like 2 minutes of dialogue in the past, he was a good character too.
>>
>>342883453
Yeah, I liked that too. I suppose that would be DaS2's stand out NPC thing, which puts it on par with the others.
I still think it has the weakest NPC's, just because Greirat is fantastic, and Orbeck and Karla have interesting back stories.
>>
>>342883685
>what? this already existed in das
Not in DS2s way.
The amount of armors and weapons is insane compared to the numbers in DS1.
>>
>>342874806
>shit tier hitboxes

Google Adaptability in DaS 2
>>
>>342881548
>no ADP
>fatroll
>gets hit
>acts surprised

DSP please go.
>>
>>342883516
>liking dark souls 3 but disliking dark souls 2
>even though most of das3's mechanics are taken from ds2, not ds1
>>
>>342883516

>.50 cents have been deposited on your DS3 shilling account
>>
Any cool mods for DS2

I thought I was one and done with the series when I beat DaS but I've been feeling like playing another entry lately.
>>
>>342882076
As the other anon said: use the Gold Pine Resin and drop attack from the tower, but also use a weapon that has bleed (if you started assassin, you'll have the bandit's knife, otherwise you can buy the large spiked club from the undead merchant).
When Taurus starts his wind-up, back off, then run in two-handing the weapon and hit him a few times: when bleed procs, it does a chunk of damage.

And if you haven't killed the Black Knight before the boss, he's guarding a pretty good ring.
>>
>>342884108
>but I've been feeling like playing another entry lately.
Why 2?
>>
>>342883685
Lucatiel's just really hard to find in Black Gulch.
>>
>>342874806
in a PvP mood
>play ds2
in a PvE mood
>play ds1
>>
File: catarina-set-large-f.jpg (150 KB, 600x620) Image search: [Google]
catarina-set-large-f.jpg
150 KB, 600x620
>>342883871
yea but they look worst.
ds2 is quantity over quality:the game

>>342884068
you can play fat rolling in ds1 fine without this bullshit.
>>
File: yo.jpg (56 KB, 600x706) Image search: [Google]
yo.jpg
56 KB, 600x706
>>342884236
Cheap on sale, don't have ps3.

I'd prefer DeS if I had ps3. I played a little of it once.
>>
>>342875684
It's a strange complaint.
Demon's reduced it straight to 50%.
And Dark Souls 3 reduces it as well.

Dark Souls 2 is more generous than those 2.
>>
hey guys anyone know where i can get dark soul 2 for ps4 for cheap? everywhere i see in brick and mortar its running $40 minimum...
>>
>>342884530

Fuck off, retard.
>>
As somebody who started the series with SotFS last summer, then played DS3 when it came out this year, and just played/beat DS1 earlier this week, i have rank the games as follows:

SotFS >= DS3 > DS

This is mainly for PvE, as I never played PvP at all in my playtime of SotFS, barely got invaded in DS3 (although I sometimes do PvP), and never got invaded in DS1 (because i played it through xbone backwards compatibility and nobody plays)

After hearing about how DS1 is the best game in the series for all these reasons for the last 4-5 years on /v/, I found those reasons to be either exaggerated greatly or not really significant reasons in the first place.
>>
Why did Artorias try to solo Manus when Gough and Ciaran are around the vicinity?
>>
>>342884530
Tay down the road got u on 20
>>
>>342884084
DaS3 reintroduces DaS rolls and being able to attack behind you out of the roll, poise straight up exists exclusively for naked greatsword users and the speed is Bloodborne.

The only thing real they took from DaS2 is guardbreak ripostes, and they're half Bloodborne anyway.
>>
>>342884530
https://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-II-Scholar-First-PlayStation/dp/B00Q03M3HY

here you go bro. on amazon for $19.99. just pricematch it at walmart or target and get your 15% off. very easy to do haha. thank me later for the tip.
>>
>>342884631
>>342884645

Fags.
>>
>>342884530
I haven't seen it for more than 20 anywhere. I bought at gamestahp for 18 3 months ago.
>>
>tfw you only played DeS and DaS

I regret nothing. Great games, but everything after looked like bullshit.
>>
>>342884464
Catarina set looks like shit because it's been milennia. Kind of pissed that DaS3 retconned it so that Catarina was still around presumably tens of thousands of years after the first game, and that the name, armour and accent was exactly the same.
>>
>>342874806
>tfw its still the best souls next to 1
The quality of life improvements and worthwhile covenants push it over 1 to me.

More replayability than any of the other souls games besides DeS and thats literally the only reason I like it.

lorefags andatmospherefags need not reply as I dont give a shit about your opinion.

If 3 had more than one fucking progression route I'd have like it ten times more but I cant stand it after going back to the older games.

Never tried BB outside an hour at a friends, seems pretty good but cant say until I get to really dig in to it.
>>
>>342884876
Oh and pvpfags can get fucked too.
>thinking from knows how to make any sort of decent online game outside AC
>>
>>342884514
no dark souls 3 don't reduces the hp you already have, it just boosts it when you are in fire mode or whatever. In demon's souls you can use the cling ring and get 75% hp.

>>342884818
>didn't played BB
also, ds3 is more a continuation of ds1 than a continuation of ds2.

>>342884832
>old metal looks like paperboard
thats not how it works.
>>
>>342881548
upgrade your agility, you can obviously see that the player is hit in his roll, although this agility thing isn't better than ds1 rolling it's still fair
>>
>>342881995
If lost izalith had less distracting lava and had maybe 1 more unique enemy and was a little bigger, it could have been one of the better areas in the game.

also if bed of chaos was reworked.
>>
>>342884717
i was literally (not figuratively) in gamestop last week to pick up a used copy of bloodborne, and they only had DS2 up for $39.99. I was pissed, especially since the game has been out at least for a year and DS3 is already released. but shoutout to >>342884645 for the amazon link. i'll pricematch just like he told me to. thanks guys you helped me out a lot.
>>
File: 1409169204404.gif (1013 KB, 352x348) Image search: [Google]
1409169204404.gif
1013 KB, 352x348
>>342884818
>bloodborne
>bullshit
>>
>>342874806

I always wondered why the fuck they even removed humanity from the second and third game. It was literally a perfect system; instead DS II did that weird DeS HP drain shit and DS3 did that in reverse with ashen. what the actual fuck
>>
Iron Passage worst area
>>
>>342885048
>no dark souls 3 don't reduces the hp you already have, it just boosts it when you are in fire mode or whatever. In demon's souls you can use the cling ring and get 75% hp.

That's the same thing.
You lose your health after you die.
You can use an item to get it back.

How is it different.

There is also a ring in Dark Souls 2 that reduces the amount it decreases by.
>>
>>342885115
From had the wrong idea of doing sequels.

They probably felt the need to change everything over and over again to make every game feel completely different instead of just improving the formula with each new game.
>>
DSII's graphics and menus are so fucking ugly and bland
>>
File: 1423623701374.png (308 KB, 557x420) Image search: [Google]
1423623701374.png
308 KB, 557x420
>>342885298
>not friged wastes

Sorry m8 I cant replay Iron passage solo and get all the items and even cool ranch isnt tough if you get gudstill, I fucking hate 2kat though

>tfw smelter og pushed my into a wall but I managed to roll through half a dozen attacks until one pushed me out
It wasnt the final phase
>>
File: knighto.png (822 KB, 578x552) Image search: [Google]
knighto.png
822 KB, 578x552
>>342885048
>thats not how it works.
Not him but other armors look perfectly fine and shiny.
>>
>>342874806
>Are you literally retarded? It does no such thing
>Never played Demon's Souls what a fucking casual
>Dislikes open world that allows more early game options
>No argument on your last point. Majulah is literally the high point visually. I mean, I love Majulah but everything else is boring. DLC areas are cool though.
>>
>>342885316
>How is it different.
because you don't get super low hp making you die super easily to everything.
>>
>>342885115
>Farming for hard humanity in the sewers for hours
>Perfect system

I love the everlasting shit out of DaS but the humanity system was jarring at best.
>>
>>342885443
It's inventory system was much improved.
>>
>>342881548
the funny thing about that gif is that the hitbox looks fine. the stab clearly hits the player right before the pursuer fully extends the attack.

the problem is shitty animations. why does the player show a stun animation before abruptly getting sucked into the stab animation? the animations make the hitboxes look way worse than they are.

also thanks to adp it looks even worse because people are used to still being invincible at that point of the roll.
>>
>>342885601
>im an idiot
DeS
-when in special form you have more health
-dying decreases HP

DaS1
Nothing to report here

DaS2
-when in special form you have health
-dying slowly reduces HP

DaS3
-when in special form you have more health
-dying decreases health

Basically they took DaS1 and made it even easier.
>>
So when will we get a game likle this without i-frame abuse?

It honestly trivializes the entire point of these games.
>>
Besides soul memory issue, DS2 PvP and convenants actually worked, so that is a bonus it has over DS3. I could get door of pharos invasions even after 1 year of release.

Actually, the ONLY thing soul memory does wrong is pushing the game into a slightly stale meta where everyone can cast great magic weapon and sacred oath before fighting with your prefered weapon. Tired of fighting someone level 250? Well, what about level up, you fucker, it is not like you can go any further on the soul level ranges after 2 NG+

Everyone trying to maintain themselves into a arbitrary level limit imposed by /dgs/ and reddid are what is killing DS3 PvP
>>
>>342874806
you were warned a million times and have noone to blame but yourself
>>
>>342885860
If you're cursed in DaS1 your HP is halved.
>>
File: mike tyson.jpg (97 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
mike tyson.jpg
97 KB, 640x360
>>342884084
What the fuck are you even talking about

The mechanics in DS2 feel like your pressing the button on the pack of an action finger who wildly flails their arms around.

DS1 combat is slow but it actually feels like I'm using weapons, not toothpicks wielded by my GI Joe.
>>
>>342880645
>that fucking quake1 test room

well, no, actually my test rooms from quake1 in 1996 looked better
>>
>>342885589
The armor most people shit on is Faraam's. And with good reason, it's the armor we saw the most before the downgrade and in the final product it looks like plastic.

No wonder they hid their cover-art armor in a dark cave out of the way.
>>
>>342881982
It's a boss fight, not a regular enemy fight.
>>
>>342885996
>I could get door of pharos invasions even after 1 year of release.

awesome, that means you just had to stand around in the least likeable area in the entire series!

"Royal Rat Authority". LOL.
>>
File: 1401124399074.jpg (24 KB, 290x225) Image search: [Google]
1401124399074.jpg
24 KB, 290x225
>>342874806
What's huh?
>>
>>342884093
Daily reminder that 99% of the time you cry 'shill' you're being a totally autistic/paranoid retard.

>The majority of 4chan users are NEET/weeb/poor who bitch about Denuvo and pirate their games
>Criticize every single AAA release regardless of marketing campaign
>Never support their arguments with anything other than 'shill'- similar to /pol/ and cuck or jew.
>Derails an otherwise pleasant thread of gaming with useless twattery

Even if, by some remote chance, paid marketers wasted time on this cesspool of a board to attract like, what, ten new purchases? Fifty max? Either let the dumbfags deal with them, let the gamers enjoy the discussion regardless who started it, and find literally ANYTHING else to put your effort towards other than schizoid-level, anonymous, video game board shitposting.
>>
>>342886002
this
>>
>>342886203
So? Boss fights can be more than just hard encounters. I bet you hated allant like an utter pleb.
>>
>>342886251
MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOK
>>
>>342884637
>DaS3 reintroduces DaS rolls

I hope that's a joke. Rolls are based on your equipment load, the lower your equipment load is, the longer your rolls will be. That is straight from DS2.

Also the fact that you can roll in more than four directions is also from DS2.
>>
>>342886442
>implying he played des
>>
>>342886104
>but it actually feels

why are you bashing him for having his subjective opinion when you offer one of your own?
>>
>>342885064
I was talking about used copies anon
>>
>>342886442
Allant was a formality, barely a boss. It fit the role it had in the world, but it's barely a boss. Just make it an NPC.
>>
>>342874806
I'm playing SotFS and I'm having a hard time why /v/ shits on this game so much. This game really is not all that fucking hard, my fucking god. Is /v/ filled with casuals?
>>
>>342886581
Doesn't affect your frames, though.
>>
>>342886581

What he meant was that the tracking now works like it worked in DS1 rather than DS2.

It is wrong calling ds3's roll a copy of either, it is a mix.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwjtaH0OTWk
>>
>>342881104
>It looks nice
All that quadrilineal filtering can't make up for the pissfiltered monochromatic environments that repeat the same fucking cathedral design non-stop.

At least DS2 had some life and color and variance outside the lack of fidelity. DS3 was just a monotonous aesthetic bore.
>>
File: 1465106158585.jpg (13 KB, 380x405) Image search: [Google]
1465106158585.jpg
13 KB, 380x405
>das2 throws 6 mobs at you that are easily aggroed in smaller groups
>WAHHH GANK SQUADS UNFAIR

>das3 throwns 5-10 enemies at you in many areas, several you cannot aggro separately at all
>JUST GIT GUD BRO

Ahh /v/ never change.
>>
>>342874806
I refunded it last year after buying it and gave it this year a new try, its pretty ok if you stop comparing it to DaS1
>>
>it's a B-Team shill episode thread

Jesus just accept DS2 is absolute fucking trash already.
>>
>>342887257
I don't even understand why /v/ hates DS2 so much

>>342887404
source
>>
>>342887257
>Have to deal with 6 broken hitboxes at once from enemies that cannot be poise broken and take 5 hits to kill
>Compared to similar groups of enemies with quality hitboxes that are easily staggered and take max 3 hits to kill

Yeah I wonder why.
>>
>>342886875
>But muh multiple enemies

Yes, casuals and scrubs.
>>
>>342887257
Except every one of those gank squad enemies in DS3 have no fucking poise so you could R1 and roll through them easily.
>>
File: greg.png (376 KB, 515x456) Image search: [Google]
greg.png
376 KB, 515x456
>>342878717

>try to draw them one by one
>game is filled with groups whose aggro are literally tied to each other
>>
>>342886875
The secret is that none of them are that hard after you've mastered the mechanics and just learn to be fucking observant instead of rushing in like a retard.
>>
>>342886875
No one thinks DS2 is hard. It's just a shit ass game that was downgraded to hell.
>>
>>342887257
Try fighting three DaS 2 spear hollows at once.
Their spear hitbox is hilarious fucked and their shields protect them even when they're not visually in use.

Do it.
>>
>>342887589
>cannot be poise broken
>this again

Every enemy in the game can be staggered and poise broken, only reason I even say this is because I managed to on one of the drake keepers. The fact its insanely high in dragon arie and dlc is besides the point as I was specifically referring to lost bastilles "kill room"
thats so fucking easy anyone with eyes could solve the problem.

And imo its better than no poise at all like das3.
>>
>>342887924
Downgraded in what way, aside from the shitty music and bosses? Everything else is on point
>>
The Shrine of Amana is a piss take to walkthrough unless you have the cast light sorcery
>>
File: die-hard-ellis.jpg (28 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
die-hard-ellis.jpg
28 KB, 612x380
DS1 > BB > Demon Souls = DS3 >>>> DS2
>>
>>342887257
Don't forget
>enemies with 270 agree attacks that have no telegraphing, RNG patterns and don't stagger in any logical way
At least DS1 and 2's enemies involved some semblance of cohesive strategy rather than crazed aggro bullshit.
>>
>>342888060
Graphics got butchered for 360 and ps3.

Thats not counting that it went through the chopping block halfway through development and had what was a great concept for a map completely butchered.
>>
File: O9DCnJn.jpg (362 KB, 1920x2160) Image search: [Google]
O9DCnJn.jpg
362 KB, 1920x2160
>>342888060
Is this a joke? The lightning and textures were fucking raped compared to what they actually showed.
>>
>>342880185
that video only reinforced everything i personally said about shit souls 2, when i played it before watching that video
>>
>>342887924
You mean just the lighting was downgraded? Okay. DS1 had more cut content than DS2 and also ran like fucking shit in every fucking release. Did DS2 suffer from frame rate dropping into the teens in every version? Did the torch still serve a mechanical purpose even if the actual lighting didn't impress? Enjoy those dicks in your mouth, friend.
>>
File: ds2-git-1.png (2 MB, 2560x720) Image search: [Google]
ds2-git-1.png
2 MB, 2560x720
>>342888060
>>
>>342878717
>I beat Nameless King and Pontiff Sullivan in 3 tries or less

eat my shit covered scrotum.
>>
>>342880401
>shitboxes originate from ds1
get the fuck out nigger
>>
>>342888215
I said I was playing the SotFS, not the original on the last gen consoles. SotFS is fine.

>>342888248
>>342888330
So nothing to do with gameplay? Okay
>>
File: maldron.png (236 KB, 262x490) Image search: [Google]
maldron.png
236 KB, 262x490
>>342888047
>Every enemy in the game can be staggered and poise broken
>See pic

And yes, they can be poise broken, but most enemies cannot realistically be poise broken because it takes more stamina than any character can have and most of the enemies die before their poise breaks.
>>
>>342888314
>>342888060
>>342888330
>>
File: 1461022170576.jpg (21 KB, 311x264) Image search: [Google]
1461022170576.jpg
21 KB, 311x264
>>342888092
HOW are people so incompetent? It's no harder than any other part of the game. Just another area to pass through.

I think the problem is that Souls got too popular for its own good, so all redditors and general casual chucklefucks thought they should be playing it too. Because it's popular therefor it must be easy and fun, right? Like fucking mario. Then they see that it's something that it's something that requires slightly higher than retarded wits and they fucking lose their shit, breaking controllers and posting angry ferret reaction gifs.
>>
>>342888435
see
>>342880475
>>
>>342888339
If you summon help and don't beat a boss in less than 3 tries, I have some bad news for you. You are a fucking scrub who doesn't deserve to play videogames and frankly I think you should have your driver's license revoked.
>>
>>342888330
Fuck FROM for this bullshit. DS2 could've been a great game but they somehow made it look and play like absolute piss.
>>
>>342888504
Whoa, 4/10. Worst game in existence.
>>
>>342881995
if you cant get 60 frames per second on a computer on dark souls 1 then you simply need to throw away your toaster and try again with a real computer
>>
>>342888678
Don't summon for help

At the very least don't summon for help on Nameless King and Orphan of Kos (BB)
>>
>>342881849
legitimately challenging bosses in Dark Souls 2 are Darklurker, Nashandra and...? I love Dark Souls 2 but it has lots of borderline trivial bosses too. Prowling Magus? lmao.
>>
>>342885860
I guess it is a psychological trick - in 3, you start with low HP and are told that is the normal form, while in 2 you can see right away how much you are lacking. Also you have more health in 3 for the same stats than in 2. And the penalty is 1/3 rather than 1/2.
>>
>>342888145
No one replied to this gentleman with the best taste in the thread. Here is a free (You)
>>
>>342888678
>summoning for ANY boss

Fucking casual.
>>
>>342888832
You clearly have no idea how bad that fucking port was. The game's virtually unplayable without DSFix, and you'd know that if you played it.
>>
>>342888490
That says a lot but also doesn't say anything at all
>>
>>342874806
The PvP combat is top tier though. It redeems the game imo.

Yes, better than bloodborne you silly sonyggers.
>>
>>342889028
IIRC Fume Knight still holds the record for the highest kill rate of any Souls boss.
>>
>DS2
>most weapons are incredibly viable for PvE and even PvP, a number of gimmick weapons like the Spotted Whip get nerfed
>Almost all weapons/shields/catalysts can be infused
>large elemental variety of throwing weapons/arrows/bolts/resins insuring quality always have options
>NG+ moves enemies around, and even causes the spider boss to attack you early

>DS3
>many weapons are shit
>whips are slow, and have hitbox problems on some enemies
>average enemy is faster and has more range than a your average spear
>scythes can randomly drop hit stun before the third hit allowing enemies to immediately hit you and have problems staggering
>straight swords have 50 less AR than ultra weapons but attack much faster at a third of the stamina cost
>boss weapons can't be infused, many have split damage which are shit because of absorption
>cut most added elemental arrows and throwing weapons, keep the resins though
>NG+ is fucking nothing
>>
>>342883516
dark souls 2 is 100% garbage after the first 4 bosses
>>
>>342887990

Oh, cause the kights at lothric castle that have infinite stamina and wont stop for a fucking second are totally fair

The only enemy on Ds2 that is stronger than then is the red phanton guy on front of drangleic at NG+
>>
>>342889076
That's my point, because if you tried to solo them, you obviously are already gud.
>>
File: SotFS_Raime.jpg (2 MB, 1428x820) Image search: [Google]
SotFS_Raime.jpg
2 MB, 1428x820
>>342889028
>>
>>342889285
fair enough, I'm a vanilla Dark Souls 2 fag and I never played the DLC's.
>>
>>342885069
>buying a console for one game
>only 2 out of 40 million ps4 owners have bloodborne
>only 20% of them finished the game

yeah, blood borne is bullshit
>>
>>342889165
>playing ng+
why would you? i'd rather have the full game at the regular ng.
>>
>>342889028
>Prowling Magus
Thats just the Pinwheel of DS2
>>
>>342889392
>never played the DLC's

Anon, listen to me.

You need to play the DLC.
>>
>>342889285
Had many fun weekends helping Steam randoms stomp this part. There were always may others helping also and it got to the point where we were just going into the fight wearing the dumbest shit since it was so easy after a while it just turned into fun. Good times.
>>
>>342889392

Well, you are missing the best part

Raime, Alonne and Ivory king are on my top 5 list of best bosses in dark souls series, with ivory king the best one.
>>
>>342889214
the knights at the end of dark souls 3, the ones infront of the twin princes of lothric, can be shield staggered and front stabbed with one or two kicks.
get fucking good.
>>
>>342874806
>>gaining humanity now PREVENTS online play
Should we tell him
>>
>>342888502
> it's no harder than any other part of the game

Actually this is where the artificial difficulty really takes its role on stage. The witches that can track you from miles away. The hoards of clerics that comes chasing after you when it's combat system is built for 1v1.

I can forgive the near-invisible ground as I just need to commit that to memory. But you win against the enemies by attrition.
>>
>>342889514
>play the first shitty 50 hours of the game, to get to the good part, which only lasts 20 hours
>>
>>342889743
Nah
>>
>>342889392
>>342889639
this is the part where I mention I'm a console babby and I'm still primarily gaming on PS3. DaS2 base game was pretty cheap when I bought it but I think I'll definitely check out SotFS in the future when I'm looking to replay the game.
>>
>>342889028
Smelter Demon, Elana, Ancient Dragon, Fume Knight, Lud and Zallen, Sinh, and Sir Alonne were all challenging.
>>
File: 1451796678188.jpg (1 MB, 1256x5080) Image search: [Google]
1451796678188.jpg
1 MB, 1256x5080
>>342889784
>The witches that can track you from miles away
You mean the ones that shoot projectiles so slow that you can just walk around them? Those witches? The ones that die in 3 arrow shots? 3 shots that interrupt them long enough to not even be able to shoot? Those witches?
>>
>>342889820
It's not even shitty anon, just do it.
>>
>>342890013
i finished dark souls 2 on launch week before the game was nerfed.
never again.
>>
File: 1416495603345.png (480 KB, 879x665) Image search: [Google]
1416495603345.png
480 KB, 879x665
>>342889784
>near-invisible ground
What is stopping you from just looking at the floor before you place your steps?
>>
File: 1460573063946.gif (3 MB, 2448x2448) Image search: [Google]
1460573063946.gif
3 MB, 2448x2448
>all these people who were too stupid to even think about bringing a bow to the shrine of amana
>>
>>342884093
>shilling
>against your own company

You are retarded. I'm not even trying to insult here, you are legit retarded.
>>
>>342890209
>all these people who played through the shrine of amana months after the area was nerfed of difficulty and then gloat about it
>>
>>342890209
Damn that cat has some clean teeth
>>
>>342874806
>Why do people like this game again?
I've only played dark souls 1 but that sounds a lot like demon souls
>>
>>342890169
lmao this pic
>>
>>342890093
You haven't even played SotFS?

You're missing out, I'm being serious.

Get SotFS, and rush to the DLC if you really need to. No, it's not going to take 50 hours.
>>
>>342883950
>B-BUT THEY ARENT SHIT ITS A GAME MECHANIC YOU JUST HAVE TO GIT GUD! DDDD:

Okay bud.
>>
>>342889993
Not hiim but I played it day one as a str build and it was still easy to get past the magic bitches, nearly every "hard" part of the game was wasily beaten by thinking first.

You image is a perfect example, did you know you can actually aggro the first three enemies completely separate by using a ranged attack on the window across from the door in the second image? You can even lock on to him from the small walkway outside that window and just throw a knife, doesnt even mater if it connects or not.

Also you can just skip that entire part.
>>
>>342889451
It was nice to have extra I guess, DS3 felt it had a lack of detail outside of level decoration. Covenants are fucking nothing with only one having a living talking leader, which even then the covenant is the literal same as the Sentinels. Only one or two NPCs even comment if you walk away without pressing the leave button, and few acknowledge any progress through out the game without giving items. Also the hidden walls were weak, all of them were extremely obvious due to being able to see passages to behind them from other parts of the map (tunnels in smoldering lake, doorway to soul stream in the archives, ect).
>>
I hope people realize that making the game harder each time you die is a completely flawed mechanic and the only reason it is added is for artificial difficulty.

There is no reason as to why a game needs to get harder once you die. All it does is ruin the fun as the boss you just died to only becomes harder the next time you try.
>>
>>342881995
>Even early you have some pretty dull moments like Gaping Dragon
Gaping dragon fucked me like 20 times my first run
>>
>>342889993
Yes those witches. The ones that fire homing soul arrows at you while your occupied getting fucked by the clerics.

>>342890169
You're waist deep in water. Without a light it can be difficult to tell where the edge is, especially when your being pressured by the enemies.

>>342890209
Fair point.
>>
File: darksouls2-full-11.jpg (2 MB, 3840x2160) Image search: [Google]
darksouls2-full-11.jpg
2 MB, 3840x2160
>>342890864
DS2 felt it had a lack of detail outside...hm...nothing.
>>
Reminder that Ivory King DLC added to the lore WAY more than all of DS3 combined.
>>
>>342891197
The first onehit kill made me realize that i need to drop my heavy armor.

After that he was easy. Just boring to fight.
>>
>>342890865
In Demon's Souls, you lost 50% HP on death and it put you into phantom form. In that mode you did more damage and there were more subtle changes to the game.

In Dark Souls, the HP loss was a good teaching tool. It taught players to not be so careless next time since you're paying a price which forces you to not be careless. But there is no hope for genuine stupidity and this is something the developers hadn't anticipated.
>>
>>342886656
Ok please replace feels with this is a fact

Solid argument making hows that Poli-Sci BA going? Summer break treating you well?
>>
>>342891197

You gotta be mentally challenged. Did pinwheel also killed you several times? How did you even beat the game?
>>
>>342891213
>Without a light it can be difficult to tell where the edge is, especially when your being pressured by the enemies.
I never had this issue. Wonder why that is?
>>
>>342891479
I beat O&S my second try, and gwyn on my first

gaping dragon has a bullshit one-shot with magnetic range
>>
>>342891371
Excuse me but finding out Gwyn's forbidden son is one of greatest stories in the DaS lore.

Quality>Quantity
>>
>>342891526
Your Gamma/Light settings may have differed from mine. I played it pretty dark to be honest.
>>
>>342891371
All of DS2's lore was badass. SotFS took things to a new level though. SotFS and Bloodblorne both went through the roof with the existentialist quandaries. Loved them both.
>>
>>342891947
YOUNG HOLLOW

A LIE WILL REMAIN A LIE

HALF-FORMED HOLLOW

WE WILL MEET AGAIN
>>
File: 1375028121726.png (226 KB, 280x360) Image search: [Google]
1375028121726.png
226 KB, 280x360
>>342874806
U wot mate...
Gaining humanity was key to inline play.

BURNING an effigy would save you from invasions for a short time at the cost of also disallowing summoning. Don't burn your damn effigies.
>>
>Fight ogre
>He begins charging up for a grab attack
>Dodge away
>dodge away
>I somehow teleport 5 metres back into his arms and get chomped to death

Bravo, B-team, bravo.
>>
>>342892389
Didn't they patch that? I never had that problem.
>>
>>342891275
>dialog for raising covenant rank, abandoning covenant
>npcs dialog changes from more than just giving items
>Pilgrims of the Dark, invisible Aurous set, other hidden shit
>several types of hidden walls
>doors that only open when hollow
>Fume Knight skips an entire phase if wearing Velstadt's gear
>Alonne seppukus if killed without taking damage

The graphics were dogshit, but DaS3 had some of the most shallow exploration and NPCs out of the three games. Archdragon Peak had some cool things with the dragon gesture but the rest of it was pure suffering/shit.
>>
>>342892504
I played the fully updated SOTFS version for the first time a few weeks ago, I'm basing my experience on that.
>>
>>342892389
>grab attacks are jenk at best in souls
STOP THE PRESSES

Seriously though I've had it happen in 1 and 3 as well. Iron Golem is especially bad with it.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (162 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
162 KB, 1280x720
The bell covenant was amazing. I got pretty good amount of upgrades shards. But then suddenly I stopped getting invasions. Possibly due to the Soul Memory system, the worst matchmaking system know to man.
>>
>>342892519
>dialog for raising covenant rank, abandoning covenant
>npcs dialog changes from more than just giving items
already in ds1
>>Pilgrims of the Dark, invisible Aurous set, other hidden shit
>pingrims of the dark
>hidden
they are everywhere
>invisible aurous set
whats the big deal about it?
>several types of hidden walls
2 types?
>doors that only open when hollow
why would a door care if you are hollow or not?
>Fume Knight skips an entire phase if wearing Velstadt's gear
>Alonne seppukus if killed without taking damage
nice little details on this 2 bosses from dlcs.
>>
>>342893387
Compared to DaS3's?
>>
File: Drangleic Set.jpg (334 KB, 400x780) Image search: [Google]
Drangleic Set.jpg
334 KB, 400x780
>get the best armor in the game right after the first boss

Can anyone explain the reasoning for this?
>>
>>342874806
Soul Memory is fucking retarded and the animations are too hyper-mocapped and sluggish without much cleanup, those are my only real two problems with the game.

I mean, boring environments, but apart from Lost Bastille and Huntsman's Copse pretty much every environment had at least a couple points of visual interest.

Those two environments are way too long for how bad they are, though.

>>342893521
Because that's where the wearer died.
>>
>>342893521
Not the helm.

And its not the best at all, just early heavy armor which is always greet in souls unless its 3
>>
>>342881548
>i'm going to post the same gif in every single thread even though it's proven wrong every time!
The sword clearly hits the foot, and his iframes had already run out.
>>
File: ds2h.webm (683 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
ds2h.webm
683 KB, 1280x720
>>342894029
still retarded
>>
File: golem.webm (2 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
golem.webm
2 MB, 1280x720
>>342893387
I know NPCs and covenant dialog are in 1, thats why I specified that 3 felt shallow these things were in both previous games and absent from 3. The invisible Aurous and other shit was just examples of hidden things or small details 2 had that 3 lacked. For the hidden walls, there was the smash A to open door ones, and others that had to be blown open, some of which were less obvious than the one outside of McDuff.

Also don't get me wrong, I enjoyed DaS3, but I wish it learned from what it did well and its flaws rather than ignoring both.

Also shit weapon and build variety bothers me more than Soul Memory and lack of world cohesion.

>>342892389
Unlike most animations roll animations can't be interrupted, so if you get grabbed during a roll but out of I-frames you tween/warp back to the grabber and it looks shitty.
>>
>>342894307
>this webm
he clearly not leveled resistance
>>
>>342894296
Why? If your character's hitbox is hit by a damaging hitbox, you take damage. What's retarded about that?
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 42

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.