[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You guys wanna talk about our favorite indie games?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4
File: staring at dat pussy.png (687 KB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
staring at dat pussy.png
687 KB, 1366x768
Tell me about your favorite indie games/small studios I need more to play.For me it's prolly gonna be pick related. Tough call between LISA and fran bow though.
>>
>>342873048
Paradox mah nigga
>pillars of eternity
>sword of the stars
>all dem map painting simulators

Their shit got pretty poplar in the last few years, so now it's transcending from niche and respected to being trashed by autismal fagbois on Cantonese cartography compendiums. The contrarian thing to do is now to hate on paradox, ignoring their phenomenal release history
>>
>>342873586
Can't forget about mount and blade
>>
File: knyttunderground-b.jpg (51 KB, 494x227) Image search: [Google]
knyttunderground-b.jpg
51 KB, 494x227
Nifflas all the way.
>>
>>342873048
Cat Lady was a emotional rollercoaster.

But I have to go with Darkest Dungeon.
>>
>>342873586
You know I haven't played a single one of there games save pillars of eternity. Differently going to check out some more of their content. I don't think it might be all that bad if they go popular. Might end up like the witcher team and make an actual decent AAA game some day.
>>
>>342873586
I think people mostly just hate on the god-awful DLC for their in-house games.
>>
>>342873981
>Darkest Dungeon.
Whats so good about it? I only saw some game play. The style looks nice but is there a decent story or something?
>>
>>342874037
Yeah the EU4 dlc prices are insane
>>
>>342874020
I think you're confusing Paradox the publisher with Paradox the developer. PoE is developed by Obsidian. The only games Paradox actually develops are the grand strategy games.
>>
does anyone here pirate indie games?
>>
>>342874378
Call me a retard if you must, but what's the difference, is producing just footing the bill and making executive decisions, while development is actually creating the game?
>>
>>342874323
The narrator alone makes the game worth.
It's a bit grindy in the late stages of the game and unforgiving since the beggining, but if you like a challenge give it a try.
The story is good aswell but the game's primary focus is gameplay.
>>342874640
Me. I've been pirating since the ps1 days mostly because I've always been poor.
>>
File: sjw wet dream.png (78 KB, 667x356) Image search: [Google]
sjw wet dream.png
78 KB, 667x356
best indie game coming though.
>>
Braid is definitely the indie game that had the biggest impression on me.

Astonishing art and soundtrack. I was captivated from start to finish.
>>
>>342874691
Yeah, Paradox makes games like Europa Universalis 4, Crusader Kings 2, Stellaris, and Hearts of Iron 4. They also publish games made by other studios, like PoE, Mount and Blade, Sword of the Stars, and Cities: Skylines. And yeah, publishing a game is basically footing the bill and making executive decisions.
>>
>>342873048
I really disliked The Cat lady.
It wasn't scary. It felt like they just threw in horror for the sake of horror in several parts of the game.
The main character had so many out of character moments that you'd think she was some kind of sociopath bi polar wacko.
example.
>Kills 2 cannibals with witty one liners while slowly walking outside of the house while the house explodes.
>walks back to apartment
>Sees roommate
>" I-I saw a monster... ;_;"

Also the stupid choices that the main character has to make. Like when the cat lady and her roommate finds the master troll which triggers the apartment to be filled with gas.The cat lady was than given the option to give the gas mask to herself(who she knew was immortal) or her friend. It's brain dead stupid at times.

Also the golden ending was piss easy to get on your first playthrough.
>>
Cat lady and down poor were great. Thats harvester games only two titles though unfortunately.
>>
Larian are a based developer in general, but their games are both underrated by modern RPG audience and overrated by their dedicated fans.
Klei hasn't put out a single game I didn't enjoy.
>>
I hate indie games.
>>
File: 086.png (548 KB, 859x716) Image search: [Google]
086.png
548 KB, 859x716
ACE Team - capable developers who give some thought to what their doing and study their themes to deliver what they have in mind, a rare trait
Amanita Design - their p&cs always had weak puzzles but Samorost 3 changed things a bit, their games tend to have amazing music, decent visuals

Those are the only two studios I'll trust no matter what. As for individual titles by other people: eversion, Gigantic Army, Nidhogg, Brigador, Vangers, Primordia, The Dream Machine(not finished yet)
>>
>>342873048
Duskers. Came out of early access a few weeks ago, presumably sold jack shit. It's a phenomenal game and a great idea.

You play as a drone pilot scavenger in a dark future Galaxy after an apocalypse, navigating the entire game using only your keyboard and inputting commands to order your drones to methodically move through abandoned ships.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.