[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
"Speed running" games is gay as fuck. Rushing the levels,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 26
"Speed running" games is gay as fuck. Rushing the levels, and finding glitches, and skipping frames.... that's not why the game was made. How is this even enjoyable? Why is this even a 'popular' thing? It's stupid as fuck.

It's like a top tier chef prepping your meal with the finest ingredients and perfect oven temperature and finest cut vegetables. Nicely decorated plates, and table cloth and everything. He brings your perfectly prepped dinner out. Just for you to scarf it all down in record timing without even getting a chance to get any of the finest detailed tastes the town has to offer. This is literally what all of the autistic fucks over at AGDQ and Twitch does. It's like wearing a tuxedo and Air Jordans to a funeral.

Discuss.
>>
It's an interesting hobby and form of entertainment that you're too old to understand.
>>
File: 1183685483003.jpg (49 KB, 200x321) Image search: [Google]
1183685483003.jpg
49 KB, 200x321
>food analogy
>>
>>342870427
ur dumb
>>
>>342870427
the analogy doesn't really work because once you eat the food it's gone and turns to shit, but after you speedrun the game you're probably gonna do it another thousand plus times
>>
>>342870427
something for autists
>>
File: are you gay or something.jpg (85 KB, 411x189) Image search: [Google]
are you gay or something.jpg
85 KB, 411x189
>It's another food analogy episode

Kill yourself senpai
>>
>>342870427
>food analogy
Dug your own grave. Hope you weren't planning on actual thread discussion.
>>
>>342870427
Not the first playthrough sure but there's nothing wrong with speed running after the first playthrough
>>
If you insist on using nonapplicable food analogies then ill just say that speedrunning is sourcing the ingredients. Its finding out what ingredients are in a dish that a chef made and the techniques they used by practicing them yourself and scouting them out yourself after trying their dish. Speedrunning is not the act of making the dish itself or eating it. Its a person who enjoyed the meal saying "I wanna find out how they made this."
>>
>>342870427
Well I'm a girl and I disagree
>>
>>342870427

I agree with you. Some people spend too much time replaying the same game over and over again just to come up with methods to rush through it and skip 80% of its content. I don't understand how is this supposed to be enjoyable, let alone watching some other person who copy-cat someone else's strategy beat the game.
>>
1. Speedrunners already know everything there is to know about a game and enjoyed it thoroughly to begin with, you autistic retard. Nobody picks up a game for the first time and immediately tries to speedrun it.

2. Why do you give a shit about how other people play videogames. What are you, the fucking fun police? Fuck off idiot.
>>
>food analogies fucking everywhere
>>
Any challenge that involves repeatedly playing and studying a single player game until you know all the details inside and out is a waste of time to me. If you have a knack for that you should get into online RTS games or mobas.
>>
>>342870947
it's best with games you spend a lot of time with when you were younger...it's just cool to see how much you can break or manipulate the game that you were once completely at it's mercy. and the fact that new tech is still being found today in most these games
>>
File: ldasldsa.jpg (9 KB, 300x175) Image search: [Google]
ldasldsa.jpg
9 KB, 300x175
SUBWAY ANALOGY
>>
>>342870427
But speed eating is a thing too.
>>
>>342871153
It's interesting from a technical aspect too because it shows just how spaghetti the code is in old games. Like some of the Majora's Mask sequence breaking.

Old games when you break them, they break HARD.
>>
>>342871027

>Speedrunners already know everything there is to know about a game and enjoyed it thoroughly to begin with

That's not always the case. I seriously doubt people who do speedruns of, say, New Vegas, did absolutely everything there is to do.

>Why do you give a shit about how other people play videogames. What are you, the fucking fun police?

Not him, but elitism is what videogames are all about.
>>
>>342871027
>game and enjoyed it thoroughly to begin with, you autistic retard. Nobody picks up a game for the first time and immediately tries to speedrun it.
>2. Why do you give a shit about how other people play videogames. What are you, the fucking fun police

Bullshit, a lot of runners actually pick up games specifically to speedrun. I've seen people who literally did their first playthrough side by side with a youtube video of the speedrun to mimic it in its entirety.
>>
File: !.jpg (36 KB, 482x436) Image search: [Google]
!.jpg
36 KB, 482x436
The only stupid speedruns are ones that are completely "blind," as in the person speedruns without ever playing the game prior. However speedrunning is kind of fun for many games to see the best ways to smash through the game after beating it properly and seeing the different nuances of the level to exploit, such as Halo CE's Silent Cartographer level and it's ridiculous strategies. Also food analogies, no matter how well crafted, will be instantly dismissed by /v/ users, so use anything else, like maybe a car or some shit.
>>
>>342870572
>>342870798
>>342870816
As much as I think food analogies are dumb,I can actually understand this one as It's a bit more developped other then some guy saying domeone shits on your pizza or whatever.

Taking the logical fallacy aside,I think a better opinion of speed running can be made.

Personally,I think speed running can be good or bad depending of the game done. For example,doing a metroid In ~ 30 minutes Is amazing,doing OoT In 20 minutes however Is dumb. The reasoning behind It being that some games are a lot more about jerking off and others are about rushing objectives.
>>
>thanks to speed runners mirrors edge's coil jumping glitch is not a thing anymore
>>
>>342870572
>>342870798
>>342870816
>>342871124
>m-muh food analogies!

You can't refute it, can you?
>>
The only good speedruns are of old first person shooters on pc desu
>>
File: 1456658240506.png (129 KB, 355x343) Image search: [Google]
1456658240506.png
129 KB, 355x343
>>342870427
>skipping frames
why do that when you can just cheat from the getgo
>>
File: dasddfbhh.jpg (189 KB, 989x1280) Image search: [Google]
dasddfbhh.jpg
189 KB, 989x1280
>>342871836

>some games are a lot more about jerking off

agreed
>>
>>342871429
I guarantee that they played through New Vegas in the traditional way, doing every side quest that interested them before they did a speed run. If your argument is that speed running distracts from the actual experience of the game, you're not making much sense at all. I don't think I did every single side quest in New Vegas, but I played it until I was bored of it, and I would argue that if I was to play it until I was bored, AND THEN do a speed run, which is what I believe is the case with most speed runs, I would be getting more out of the game than if I was to drop it after completing it.
>>
>>342870427
Do you have brain damage?
>>
File: 1464644752091.png (1 MB, 6144x3584) Image search: [Google]
1464644752091.png
1 MB, 6144x3584
>>
>he's one of those faggots who spends hours, mushing food around in his mouth, sucking out every last bit of flavor

Fucking kill yourself you fucking trash.
>>
>>342872003
Because unlike a food product you can play a game endlessly and take it apart without damaging it. Very few people attempt to speedrun a game without already fully knowing about it and appreciating it normally.
>>
>>342872003
Eating contests
>>
>>342870427
People who speedrun have already completed the game "like it was meant to be played" thousands of times you fucking retarded nigger faggot austist
>>
>>342870427
>What is a pie eating contest?
>>
>>342871440
>some people who speed run are gay retards so that means speed running is stupid
this board has so much autism
>>
>>342870552
i watched my dad try to speed run Contra in 1993, which is probably five years before you were even born, milennial scum.
>>
File: 1465812607268.jpg (44 KB, 500x336) Image search: [Google]
1465812607268.jpg
44 KB, 500x336
Speedrunning is like getting a huge meal and picking just some parts of it to make it eaten.

It may be boring to execute, but it's fun to watch. Especially if the eater also comments:
>I will need the vitamin C in that cherry
>if I eat that part first, the meal will collapse and splatter on me, I'll eat it later
>you need to use a fork to eat this part. but I'm doing a no-fork eat, so I'll use this undercooked spaghetti as a fork instead
>>
>>342874278
He said too old.
>>
>>342874278
Read you fucking idiot, read.
>>
>>342874278
>milennial
*tips silver hair*
>>
>>342874579
>>342874676
i know you fucking idiots, learn to read.
>>
S A N D W I C H
A R T I S T
>>
>>342870427
>that's not why the game was made

They were made for people to enjoy them
Certain people enjoy them by speedrunning

I fail to see the problem here
>>
>>342870427
>food analogy, and a bad one at that.

It's mroe like a chef gives you that meal, but it's there in infinite quantities, once he's prepared it.

After eating it normally many times, you wanna try something different. Eating it as fast as efficiently as possible, or eiting it in a way that makes it more difficult, just for the fuck of it.

Idiot
>>
>>342874445

>Fat neckbeard compares speed running to food
>Even says watching people eat is fun

Kek
>>
>>342872003
There's no need to refute it, because that shit is a fallacy in itself

Unless you can find me a sandwich which magically re-appears every time I eat it, much like how I can replay games, your analogy holds no water
>>
>>342874579
>>342874676
Oh the irony
>>
>>342870427
>food analogy

How bout we get a sex analogy instead?
>>
>>342875029
>implying I'm fat
If I was fat I'd prefer eating to watching others feed.
You need to work on your meems.

People who play vidya are the fatasses here. I only watch it while shitposting on /v/. If vidya is food then I'm a skeleton posting on Linux computer.
>>
File: 1460757224655.jpg (102 KB, 500x628) Image search: [Google]
1460757224655.jpg
102 KB, 500x628
>>342870427
>>
>>342870427
>It's like a top tier chef prepping your meal

A meal can only be eaten once before you have to buy another meal. Once you've bought a game, you can play through it as many times as you like. Additionally, games are about interacting with the product, and are often skill challenges, whereas a meal is passively experienced. The challenges of games also gives the player satisfaction for overcoming them. This satisfaction can be improved by playing on higher difficulty levels, or by intentionally gimping yourself.

These factors mean that eventually for skilled players, beating the game is trivial. Beating a game as fast as possible is a logical next step, and then competitiveness drives others to improve the time any way they can.
>>
>>342870427

I raise your shit food analogy with one of my own.

It's more like being so good at eating food, you developed a way to taste and enjoy all of the flavors in half the time as everyone else.

Fuck you, retard. It's just another way to play the game. Stop being autistic.
>>
>>342875357
That would actually work

>have sex
>later, try something different and have sex in a different position for fun

>inb4 some fuck says ">speedrunning sex"
>>
Speedrunning is an amazing display of skill and determination it may not have any practical use but its entertainment same as playing the game normally is not practical, also what wrong with people replaying games they like if they enjoy doing that not our fault you cant enjoy anything after going through it once
>>
>>342875357
Because only normies would really understandthem
>>
>they're ruining my memories

No speed running is keeping old games alive actually. As a grandpa game enthusiast, the only cancer is lets players, where they play a game and only the off-topic/hating on the game commentary is what it is watched for.
>>
Speedrunning is like eating a meal in a way that requires perfect millisecond timing to instantly travel through time from receiving your appetizer to being halfway through the main course and then using your fork to eat the dessert through the walls while it's still being prepared
>>
I think speedruns are okay when they're actually playing the game as fast as they can.
When its shit like, "I beat Ocarina of time in 10 minutes by exploiting glitches to skip 99% of the game" or "I beat this sonic level in 30 by exploiting to skip the wntire level", then its just stupid nonsense.
>>
>>342880250
You fucking retard
>>
>>342880347
Okay
>>
File: 1453766819894.png (1 MB, 1024x1378) Image search: [Google]
1453766819894.png
1 MB, 1024x1378
>>342880250
>When its shit like, "I beat Ocarina of time in 10 minutes by exploiting glitches to skip 99% of the game" or "I beat this sonic level in 30 by exploiting to skip the wntire level", then its just stupid nonsense.

Yes, it kind of is.
Still, I can find it interesting due to the effort and research required.
Much like pic related, that blew my fucking mind.
>>
File: 1411513946416.gif (683 KB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
1411513946416.gif
683 KB, 600x338
Yeah speedrunning is pretty fucking retarded. For some games like Contra it kind of works but in general it's pure autism
>>
File: ARE YOU READY.gif (337 KB, 288x346) Image search: [Google]
ARE YOU READY.gif
337 KB, 288x346
>>342872003
Nobody speedruns on their first attempt. Speedrunning is just an optional thing that comes from full understanding of everything in the game, and a desire to get more out of it. If I were to put it in a dumb food analogy, a game would be a ingredients, not a meal, and a regular run would be cooking by the book, while a speedrun would be making modifications to the recipe. In the end, the ingredients are being used to reach an enjoyable end product, but one comes from any given person, while the other comes from an experienced chef.
>>
What are some top/god tier speedruns?

Half Life 1 and 2 are fucking amazing and pretty much nothing beats those

Quake ones are pretty cool

Vast majority of the others pale in comparison.
>>
>>342880250
>it's okay when they are trying to beat the game as fast as possible
>but I don't want them to beat it in the fastest possible way
wat
>>
>>342880936
why do you talk like you know what you're talking about
>>
>>342872003
How the fuck do you refute an analogy you small minded peasant?
>>
>>342881258
Because I know what I'm talking about
>>
>>342880936
RE4 GC has some pretty entertaining shit
>>
>>342870427
You do realize these people likely have experienced the game as it was meant to beforehand, and this is just an additional challenge for them, right?
>>
>>342870427
Those who speedrun have played the game legitimately multiple times over.

Also, watching a speedrun is basically watching someone play the game at a high level.
>>
File: slow down.jpg (245 KB, 986x553) Image search: [Google]
slow down.jpg
245 KB, 986x553
>>342870427
I agree OP, but if speedrunning makes autists happy then I'm glad for them.
>>
It's like learning to read a book aloud backwards as fast as possible.

like okay, that's neato, but a massive waste of time and you're not appreciating the book for what it really is
>>
>>342870427
It's a way of making replaying games enjoyable for veterans and people who have already played the basic game to the point where it begins to get stale. I find it fun to see how fast I can beat Half-Life when I replay it (which I do once a month). Professional speedrunning though... just seems kinda... odd.
>>
>>342870427
i wish i could care about anything so passionately, i just want to die
>>
criticizing people on how they should enjoy their hobbies is like taking a shit while running on a treadmill and eating overcooked, overpriced pasta that a chef forced down your throat while preaching that you should be glad you were even fed the extra DLC peppers

What's the point?
>>
>>342881703
More like solving a Rubik cube blindfolded and underwater.
You wouldn't attempt it without first solving it normally multiple times.
>>
>>342881381
you only mention half life and quake and say the rest are bad, you clearly haven't watched many speedruns
>>
>>342881864
No. It's like trying to solve a Rubiks cube in the fewest number of turns.

That's exactly what speedrunning is. Beating a game in the smallest sequence of instructions.
>>
>>342870427
food exists to be consumed, not to be picked apart and act as though you're critiquing art.

fuck your faggot chef.
>>
>>342882016
I have watched tons, it's just that most of them are just
>go kinda fast through the game
or
>break the game so hard there isn't much to watch

HL and Quake have actual fast without huge glitches.
>>
File: 1384823386981.jpg (3 KB, 123x125) Image search: [Google]
1384823386981.jpg
3 KB, 123x125
>>342871836
Why are food analogies dumb?

He could have said
>Someone brings you the most beautiful, expensive, rare, vibrant ink in the world in a nice fountain pen
>You have a contest to see how fast you can scribble on scratch paper to empty it out

>Someone brings you one of the greatest movies ever made
>You watch it at 10x speed so you can say you did and laugh about it on facebook to have people like the post

How are any of those two any less stupid / how is a food analogy more stupid? Stop repeating retarded memes you hear other people say and start having some original thought.
>>
>>342870427
You aren't supposed to understand it man, people who speedrun are autistic as shit. Have you not seen the yearly tournament posts where all the autists get together and speedrun games? It's easily the cringiest shit /v/ participates in.

Shit man, it produces people like the horrific looking blonde tranny people like to post pictures of.
>>
>>342882213
No. Solving with less turns is the eventual goal of using the cube as it is intended to be used.

It's actually like solving the cube with your feet. No one fucking cares but you'll still get a rabid group of people share it and think it's the coolest thing ever. You're not using the cube as intended. You are doing it differently just because you want attention.
>>
Why are you upset that some people play videogames differently than you?
>>
Speederunners are just people who are bad at racing games.
>>
> Rushing the levels, and finding glitches, and skipping frames.... that's not why the game was made.

Says who? Developers have to play their own games a shit ton to the point where they can do it in their sleep. Do you really think they would never want to design their games in such a way that playing them fast is fun, rewarding and flows well?
>>
File: 1465236477078.gif (1 MB, 580x433) Image search: [Google]
1465236477078.gif
1 MB, 580x433
>Speedrun video
>uses glitches and exploits

DROPPED
>>
>>342883598
>No. Solving with less turns is the eventual goal of using the cube as it is intended to be used.
Intent isn't a part of the object in question.

Unless you have a dev standing behind your back, telling you "you need to snipe that dude before going through the gate", you shouldn't pay much attention to the intent.

Unless you're playing LoL, where going against the intent will get you banned.
>>
>>342870427
speedrun is only possible if you already finished the game you retard
>>
File: lefunnyface.jpg (435 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
lefunnyface.jpg
435 KB, 5000x5000
>>342883684
>Be actor in the 1600s
>Be the most amazing actor that ever lived
>Love acting. Live and breathe it every day

>Faggots do degenerate style of acting as was popular in the 1600s
>It takes off
>Now everyone's doing it and it's what everyone wants to see
>You are sick and tired of these braindead retards acting like fools and having theaters / playwrights pander to them because the money is going there and it's popular when there's real, quality acting that can be done instead

Lol, why you mad that ppl act differently than you?
>>
>>342872003
literal retard. How's it feel? To be literally and mentally retarded?
>>
>>342884048
Devs don't pander to speedrunners though.
>>
File: i am so comfortable right now.jpg (27 KB, 300x470) Image search: [Google]
i am so comfortable right now.jpg
27 KB, 300x470
>>342870427
>speedrunners have never enjoyed their games
>they simply booted up a game and began rushing it
OP knows hes a faggot, he just knows
>>
>>342884203
It's starting to happen. They're trying to tap into that fanbase/consumerbase.
>>
>>342883853
that's why we have different categories, you know
>>
>>342884203
They do, and the results are often some of the best and deepest games in their genres. Take Dustforce and Cloudbuilt as examples.
>>
>>342884207
I think OP's point is that people appreciate that some autistic guy can beat this game by glitching rather quickly more so than the game itself and what it is. They are more interested in seeing this autistic man play than playing video games themselves.
>>
>>342884342
No anon, as long as one person is speedrunning with glitches and people are actually enjoying it, its irredeemable.
>>
>>342884417
Indie shit does not represent the focus of larger game devs. Speedrunners are a niche audience for niche games like the ones you just listed.
>>
>>342883598
>You are doing it differently just because you want attention.

People do all sorts of things for attention, there's nothing wrong with that as long as you aren't a cunt about it. However, speedrunning is also a show of skill, and there's nothing wrong with taking pride in an achievement, even if it means nothing to some people.
>>
>>342884484
OP is a faggot and not to be taken seriously as I haven't but YOU cant be fucking serious because you aren't OP.
>>
File: 1462972832559.jpg (273 KB, 560x560) Image search: [Google]
1462972832559.jpg
273 KB, 560x560
the speedrunning culture is like the epsilon class of people in brave new world

you take the nerds then you take the weirdest looking and socially inept ones and then you have speedrunning
>>
File: 1396054880000.png (68 KB, 214x226) Image search: [Google]
1396054880000.png
68 KB, 214x226
>that feel when I hit the nail on the head
>>
File: 1334480040639.png (110 KB, 362x370) Image search: [Google]
1334480040639.png
110 KB, 362x370
I think everyone is missing the point of this thread

OP is not saying "wah wah, you guys are liking something that I don't like." He's making a point that you people who actually enjoy this form of entertainment which is on the same level as thinking monkeys who fling their shit is epitome of comedy, are uncultured, possibly mentally challenged faggots. He is MAKING FUN OF YOU. His intent is that you feel bad for being so stupid and liking something so stupid. That is the whole point of this thread. You're posting in it trying to defend speedrunning, meaning you fell for his trap because he got you mad.
>>
>>342884336
Dustforce and similar games don't pander to speedrunners. Any normal person can get 3 stars and complete the game without having to come up with crazy time saving strategies.
>>
>>342884823
really makes you think
>>
>>342884592
Then Megaman Zero (X too arguably), Metroid games, REmake, Doom on nightmare, Max Payne on the timed difficulty and some others. Speedrunning has always been a thing because of how natural it is for anyone who loves replayig games.
>>
>>342884980
He said "Discuss".
>>
>>342870427
I feel like you have to have an intimate knowledge of a game before you speed run. You have to take the time to appreciate it first before you try to do it fast as possible
>>
>>342870427
Ok fucker well let's make a new form of playing video games
call it a slowrun
objective: complete the game in the longest amount of time possible, you must actually finish the game for it to count though
>>
>>342884980
>hes making fun of you
With a shit analogy. Who cares if someone finds it ridiculous? Many people like it. So much so that its like fucking E3 when AGDQ comes out.
>>
>>342883124
Because those things do not require effort. Mastering a game to such a degree when you can breeze through it in one fourth (or less!) of the time that a regular person would use is impressive in and of itself.

Discovering ways to sequence break games can also be interesting, as an anon said earlier, "when old games break, they break hard". Watching the spaghetti spill from every pore of the game is fun.
>>
>>342872126
very nice, is this just the comic?
>>
>>342885049
Dustforce's core gameplay consists of constantly moving and keeping a momentum going. And come on are you really going to ignore the in your face leaderboards, replay system and all the mechanics which practically beg you to speedrun the game?
>>
File: 1429590936274.gif (1 MB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1429590936274.gif
1 MB, 250x250
>>342884654
no one can dispute this
>>
>>342885542
c'mon anon really, are you going to inquire some more?
>>
>>342885560
Well sure, it's an obvious choice for speedrunning, but it's nothing like what this guy >>342884048 is talking about. The fact that it's appealing to speedrunners doesn't hurt the enjoyment of more casual players.
>>
>>342885818
i found the comic, i guess i should rephrase

is there anything else that you have found besides the comic worth saving/viewing
>>
>it's another "/v/ comes up with retarded analogies" episode
Oh boy, these are always fun.
>>
File: 1452102022739.jpg (51 KB, 368x425) Image search: [Google]
1452102022739.jpg
51 KB, 368x425
Does anyone have a link to the youtube vido of the speedrunner that just starts railing on how fucking pointless speedrunning is during a stream? I haven't been able to find it since I first saw it on here.
>>
>>342870427
Your shit analogy fails to consider that most speed runners likely enjoyed the game in a normal way once before
>>
>>342882213
this seems logical, but since actual puzzle games impose that as an actual victory condition, while 90% of other games have something completely different, like in civ 5 if you won a domination victory in the 1st era by exploiting a production/science/gold/faith glitch to create a curbstomping army that you used to wipe the ai out, it's a neat thing but is a pretty shit actual victory despite beating it in the
>fewest turns
>>
>>342886301
his name is rwhitegoose
>>
>>342886509
>glitch
>what is a category of speedrun
Do you have a fucking clue? Just ONE?
>>
>>342886706
how else can one speedrun a turn by turn game then?

besides that, glitch-less speedruns aren't part of OP discussion retard>>342870427
>finding glitches

wheres your clue mang
>>
>>342870552
You are aware that people who speedrun first complete a given game the normal way, just like you and me? They don't magically find glitches and exploits and blaze through the level without completing the portion designed by the developers first. They have to have some basic understanding of the game first.
>>
>>342886706
There is no such thing as
>glitchless category
Any glitch that isn't documented as a glitch is free to be used.
>>
>>342886995
>There is no such thing as glitchless category
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5BA0KDVMN8

Fucking faggot.

>>342886976
>how else can one speedrun a turn by turn game then?
Look up a turn by turn game speedrun, educate yourself retard.
>>
>>342870427
it's like driving and instead of waiting through traffic you speed through an alternate route
>>
>>342875938
>here we're gonna do a maneuver called Pulling Out which saves nearly 19 years of frames
>>
>>342887168
thats an optimum strategy, also games like fire emblem are different from the civ games.

if you want to say using optimum strategies like building tall/wide is speedrunning then w/e
>>
>>342885139
>games that encourage speedrunning/playing for time are literal masterpieces
>games that don't encourage it are trash like Skyrim, Borderlands and Smash Bros, aka /v/'s favorite games
Isn't that funny?
>>
>>342887168
You fucking retard, they use "glitches" in "glitchless" runs too, as long as the community doesn't agree that those are glitches.
>>
>>342887339
BUT FIRST
>>
>>342887409
Optimum strategies aren't found the first couple times you "perfect" a run. There's always new shit to discover. And even when there isn't there are categories that have restrictions placed on the runner like no bombs or no sword or whatever.

>>342887569
Example?
>>
>>342885365
>people like to eat shit, so let them
if you can teach a man to fish, anon...
>>
>>342887665
There are people that like to eat literal shit? They're a scourge on humanity, they have to be stopped or else you'll find it tasty too! What the fuck are you even arguing about?
>>
>>342887653
so the difference is that someone has fun while playing their optimum strategy while a speedrunner has to record it and get acknowledgement from his peers?
>>
>>342887841
What?
>>
>>342887653
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8I8wBhWO96w
There's a comment about that, I can't find the actual time.
In Pokemon Yellow "glitchless" speedruns, you are allowed to use a doll to skip marowak ghost, even though it's obviously not intended.
It's just because the community didn't agree whether it's a glitch or not.

That's because it's not an objective measurement. Glitches are something people have to agree on.
>>
>>342870427
What even faggier than speedrunning is watching speedruns. seriously, kys.
>>
>>342887478
Pretty much. If a game is designed for speedrunning you can count on it not being a shitty "cinematic masterpiece" which wastes your time.
>>
>>342888003
>you are allowed to use a doll to skip marowak ghost, even though it's obviously not intended.
The fuck? The old Pokemon games were broken as they are. Focus energy cuts your crit rate in half. So I guess anyone who benefited from the retarded trainer's Machop must have all abused the game!

You're really overreaching here, as the doll is meant to escape from battle. Did you not escape?
>>
>>342887802
nice logic hoops, alas
people can like watching sports and speedrunning, but these activities are the lowest common denominator of culture and have no real impact or real cultural relevance other than being on the autism spectrum, you can watch capeshit like superman but why not watch something better?

>>342887964
basically im saying that speedrunners need to circlejerk, rather than have fun with the game
>>
>>342888280
Sounds like a lot of opinion. Those were both my posts so I'll just respond with: speedrunning is fun to watch.
>>
>>342888404
that's fine
>>
>>342888280
>have no real impact or real cultural relevance

You mean like pretty much every recreational activity you can do, even creative hobbies?
>>
>>342888228
>You're really overreaching here, as the doll is meant to escape from battle. Did you not escape?

>jumping is supposed to make you go up into the air, which causes lower friction, so infinite speedup from bunny hopping is not a glitch, even in games like CS
>canceling an attack with a block is allowed, so it's not a glitch to avoid slowdown after heavy attack this way
>rockets push you back so rocket jumping was never a glitch, not even in games where it means you go out of bounds

SPOILERS: The difference between using glitches and playing well is not an objective one.
>>
>>342874278
>milennial scum
*tips dentures*
>>
>>342880936
F-Zero is pretty crazy
>>
i'd give tolki a speedrun. >.<
>>
>>342888876
well video games are at least a form of art, and you can analyse them or discuss what [poor] statements they try to make.

and yes most hobbies are shit tier hobbies lad
posting on a taiwanese hundred fist-punch board is one of them
>>
>>342889253
You would be very hard pressed to find a hobby that isn't shit tier. Hell speedrunning is good compared to other creative hobbies like making music or painting nowadays since you have a bigger chance of making decent money and entertain more people.
>>
>>342890172
>make more money than a musician
maybe but any normie is going to think you are a complete autist when they learn you play vidya for a living

atleast painters/musicians are seen as 'romantic'
>>
>>342890474
MGTOW
>>
>>342890758
>https://www.reddit.com/r/MGTOW/
get out of here, fedora

you know you still have parents and relatives to disappoint too?
>>
>>342890474
Who cares what normies think if you're making money just fine without having to interract with them much. You can also just not tell them.
>>
>>342891000
>linking reddit
>he actually goes there
Cuck
>>
>>342891120
>>342891000
>>
File: my fucking point you sperg.png (116 KB, 935x860) Image search: [Google]
my fucking point you sperg.png
116 KB, 935x860
>>342891129
are you dumb or ...
>>
>>342891385
>proved he went there
Cuck
>>
I'm surprised this didn't turned into another Cosmo thread.
Thread replies: 165
Thread images: 26

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.