[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guys. You want a leak? There will be a surprise announcement
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2
File: download.jpg (7 KB, 224x149) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
7 KB, 224x149
Hey guys. You want a leak?

There will be a surprise announcement via Steam storefront tomorrow, letting people know that Steam is going to have a major unveiling on the second to last day of the Summer Sale.

It won't be half life 3. It never is. I know what it will be, though. Valve will announce a partnership with Synchrony Financial, they will be launching the SteamCard/SteamVisa, a credit line with a focus on rewards for people who shop on Steam.

You'll get free games monthly, discounted prices on certain titles, and 1% of all purchases made using the Visa card rebated in the form of Steam Wallet funds.

This is to generate more loyalty to the Steam market, and make the new hardgoods market Steam is running e.g. Steam Machines and Vive more accessible.

I'll try and answer any questions yall have but I don't have all the details and can't reveal my identity.
>>
How do you know this?
>>
>>342863709
my dad works for nintendo
>>
>>342863709
>>342863709
I hold a low level marketing position for Synchrony.
>>
>>342863392
is the steamCard gonna be deliverd to my house?
With the steamcard will i be able to pay my daily things, like movies, buying in the store, paying gas, shopping ,etc ?
>>
>>342863913
If you are approved for the Steam Visa, yes.
>>
>"Optional" Steam+ service
Saw this coming for years, if this turns out to be true.
>>
The real announcement is Megadimension coming to Steam, and that Gaben is being made a character inside Gamindustri.

Soon, Overlord Gaben is going to FUCK ur waifu, while Arfoire schlicks in the corner watching the fat man just go at it.

My mom works at Compile Heart, trust me.
>>
>>342864002
do you have detail bout what gonna be the requirements to be approved? or not?
>>
>>342864206
If im wearing my vive and Gaben is fucking my waifu, can I hit him from the back?
>>
>>342864298
Good or Excellent credit only. You may qualify for a shit tier line of credit up to $2000 that will only work on Steam, but those with better credit can be approved for the Visa card which will work anywhere Visa is accepted.
>>
>>342863392
>Valve looking to take more money from people for their digital trading cards

You know, this is believable.
>>
>>342864561
is it just credic card, or there may also be steam debit card ?
>>
>>342863392
What the fuck is the point when Steam wallet already exists ensuring all transactions through Stream go back to Valve
>>
>>342863392
>they will be launching the SteamCard/SteamVisa, a credit line with a focus on rewards for people who shop on Steam.
At what point in anyone's life would they ever think this is a good idea? Boy oh boy, I want my full credit history tied to a company already hellbent on discovering my personal information.
>>
>>342864689
I don't know at the moment, at this point, it's only credit, I don't think there are currently any plans for debit.

In my role, I only hear the confirmed stuff.
>>
ACTUAL VALVE EMPLOYEE HERE

Not posting my badge because I don't want gaben to fire me lol, but the only surprise announcement we're making in the future is new DLC for L4D1 that adds a new campaign set in the Aperture complex.
>>
>>342864909
KEK gtfo
>>
>>342864909
All badges look the same, just cover your name or paint it black in paint. Timestamp is mandatory.
>>
File: badge.png (21 KB, 281x124) Image search: [Google]
badge.png
21 KB, 281x124
>>342865486
>>
OP, you suggest buying some stocks? It's at a low atm.
http://finance.yahoo.com/q?s=SYF
>>
>>342865723
lol that's not a badge. Your work badge, one you use to enter the building and your office.
>>
>>342865738
I couldn't recommend it, not because I don't have faith in the company, but because I know next to nothing about the market. I feel this will be moderately successful though if that helps.
>>
This is 100% believable.

Might actually happen, might not.
>>
>>342864409
yes?
>>
>>342866007
It would boost the rating, after that SELL SELL SELL because the idea in practice will bomb sometime in the near future like the Steam controller or Steam machines.
>>
>>342863392
Screencapped, just to remind myself.
>>
>>342863823
always gets me
>>
>>342866168
Synchrony is a very large company, and while an utter failure would hurt bad, it would take a lot more than this endeavor going belly up to sink us.
>>
>>342864689
>or there may also be steam debit card?
Nah, Steam is never going to let you take your wallet money and turn it in to money you can use IRL.
If they made a debit card, it would be just that, it'd allow you to sell a knife in CS:GO and then use that money to buy a monitor, or something. The whole point of the Steam wallet is that your real money goes in, and then get turned in to Steam funbucks.
>>
>>342864909
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWdD206eSv0
>>
>>342866434
I'm talking specfically about making money out of the Steam Visa hype because if' that's """""happening"""" that it's closest to getting the stock price up.
>>
>>342866684
Like I said, you probably know more about the stock value than I do, but everyone I've spoken with is treating this like a low risk project with a modest return expected.
>>
>>342867074
Considering the """valve""" rep didn't provide proper credence, can you do it? A blanked out badge with a timestamp will do.
>>
>>342866652
im not talking about turning the money bro
Like OP said, 1% of all purchases made by steamvisa IRL, gonna be turned to steam wallet funds, the same case for steamdebit visa, putting rl money there, buying stuff irl, and 1% of all my purchases turned to steam wallet funds
>>
>>342867471
You're talking about about a debit card linked to a 3rd party bank account, right? Like a Wells Fargo checking account debit card with Steam rewards I'm guessing.

I have no information about anything like that, sorry.
>>
>>342867471
>im not talking about turning the money bro
Then what's the point?

There is no advantage to having it be a debit card, unless you feel you can't control/manage your spending.
>>
>>342868781
I was wondering because i dont work rn, just go to college, so gonna be hard for me to get a creditcard line
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.