[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
It's another one of those threads the git gud boogeyman
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18
File: 58pBUIoE_400x400.png (196 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
58pBUIoE_400x400.png
196 KB, 400x400
It's another one of those threads

the git gud boogeyman will surely catch me this time

>Remove/Nerf Genji
>Remove/Nerf Pharah (rocket lawnchairs traditionally have low total ammo for good reasons)
>Nerf Reaper (no hard counters right now)
>Remove Tracer (the source of most the cancerous mechanics revolve around her.)
>Remove Bastion (useless in high MMR and makes solo queueing a living hell)
>Remake Hanzo (so the weebs that play him aren't deadweights 24/7)
>Remove/nerf Junkrat (look @ Pharah. His trap has more than 1 hp and does 80 damage + it's in the ground)
>Remake Mei (look @ Bastion)
>Remove Torbjorn (look @ Bastion)
>Nerf Widowmaker (covered plenty of times)
>Buff D.Va (same)
>Add counterplay to Roadhog except the long range meme
>Remove Symmetra (poo gun for the 3rd time)
>Zenyatta is suffering
>Symmetra's poo gun again

Ik my opinion might be shit, but I just want a thread about shitting on Overmeme
>>
>>342860392
Also, adding private servers would fix most of these issues by banning heroes like in custom games
>>
Hey how do I get better frames per second out of this game
>>
>>342860509
Idk if this it bait, but put everything at the lowest and put Render Scale at 50%-75%
>>
>>342860509
also the Razer game booster helps
>>
>>342860392
>playing Overwatch
HAHAHAHHAHA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blHosybnn9A
>>
>>342861114
I wish I could exit this hell to be honest. beta hype got me
>>
>Remove/Nerf Genji
Anticipate parry, punish, git gud

>Remove/Nerf Pharah (rocket lawnchairs traditionally have low total ammo for good reasons)
Learn how to aim/snipe and dodge rockets, git gud

Stop trying to fight him 1 on 1 unless you're a tank, keep your distance, git gud

Learn how to aim and punish her teleports, git gud

Stop walking out into the open, pick Genji or Roadhog, git gud

git gud so you can carry

>Remove/nerf Junkrat (look @ Pharah. His trap has more than 1 hp and does 80 damage + it's in the ground)
Don't fight junkrat like other players, git gud

look at reaper, git gud

Learn how to flank and work with your team, git gud

She's already nerfed, git gud

>Buff D.Va (same)
You're right on this one, git gud

Learn how to dodge incoming chains, work with your team, git gud

Don't run into her traps, look at reaper, git gud

>Zenyatta is suffering
I play Zenyatta, he kicks ass, git gud

Anon's a whiny cuck again, git gud
>>
>>342861016
Game booster actually works? I'll try it out then thanks
>>
>Nothing about Zarya

You had one job OP and you fucked that up.
>>
>>342861472
even at 100+ people still don't kill Bastion/Torbjorn or go healer (which I'm perma-stuck as)

if you're gonna say play with friends they're the embodiment of "XDDD i plai wut i want, chill dude stop suggesting stuf"
>>
File: pls respond.jpg (26 KB, 219x222) Image search: [Google]
pls respond.jpg
26 KB, 219x222
>>342861748
sorry
>>
>>342861813
I never said play with friends, you can still work with your team even if they're shit, you just have to carry them a bit. Be their leader.
>>
>>342861472
>>Nerf Reaper (no hard counters right now)
>Stop trying to fight him 1 on 1 unless you're a tank, keep your distance, git gud
AAAH SHITTER ALERT
>>
>>342861957
it usually ends up with them not talking/listening to suggestions

I try to tell them that we need X hero for that situation 2~ times while I do my best to "carry with heals".

main problem is that people stick to their spamzo and genji picks the entire game, even @ lv 100+ matches
>>
I find the game surprisingly balanced as is. The only problem is torb/bastion in multiples on defense. Not even a power problem, just frustrating to play against. So:
>Torbjorn
Nerf turret turn rate, it should take time to switch targets. Buff his armor drop amount and reduce its cost.
>Bastion
Increase reload time and/or reduce ammo amount
>>
>>342862374
my point might be shit, but I still don't get why they exist. they're only used to help make pubs even more unplayable.

it wouldn't change the game much without them. Not that they can really delete those two. Just wish private servers were a thing
>>
>>342862176
Don't boss them, lead them. Let them pick their stupid characters then show them how to play, coordinate strategies, call out dangers, etc.

>>342862165
I'm giving advice to someone who doesn't know how to play Overwatch. i have no problem with fighting Reapers 1 on 1.
>>
Love to die to Hanzo shooting arrows at my feet
Love to die to Hanzo simply just fucking looking at me

Everyone seems to have cottoned on to how broken he is
>>
File: 7l1Rwc9.jpg (14 KB, 196x196) Image search: [Google]
7l1Rwc9.jpg
14 KB, 196x196
>>342862639
>doesn't know how to play overwatch

it's more a problem of perma-stuck healer than me playing actual characters that can do something. if you've seen those meme wallride videos I pretty much do that on a daily basis, lol
>>
>>342862639
you're braindead if you think any tank can beat reaper 1v1
>>
>>342862639
also, reaper has no hard counter-character right now. it's mostly soft-counters (such as long range).
>>
>>342863032
Tracer
>>
>>342860392
>>Remove Bastion (useless in high MMR
bastion works in everything but extremely high MMR. you just need to move around with him and not sit in the same fucking place until you die.
>>
>>342863215
Nah, he can Wraith Form from pretty much everything she does. I've made a similar thread yesterday and he has no "real" counter.

McCree was the only one really countering him, but now Reaper can win that fight.
>>
>>342863451
pharah is the meta counter to him
>>
>>342863364
I feel like I should've added this to the post, but I mainly play healer since no one fills. When I'm on offense my 1st priority is Bastion always.

I just feel Bastion makes the game "harder" for no real reason than pubs being pubs
>>
>>342862759
Always hated hanzo scum
>>
>>342863595
She's the closest counter to him, yes. I just hope they buff McCree or nerf Reaper so their interaction is still the same
>>
>>342862759
>>342863732

I think they just need to remake him. He's annoying, but he's actually underpowered. I compare his E to Tracer's Ult.
>>
>>342860392
>Reaper
>no counter
D.Va counters reaper hard, pham
>>
>>342861114
>reload cancelling
That actually looks like a pretty cool technique. Might as well complain about bunny hopping.
>>
File: rad sliding.gif (930 KB, 270x270) Image search: [Google]
rad sliding.gif
930 KB, 270x270
>>342863010
>>
File: hahaha.gif (787 KB, 300x187) Image search: [Google]
hahaha.gif
787 KB, 300x187
>>342864368
>believing this
>>
>>342864393
It doesn't make reload shorter. It's just better to use the time to melee instead of "reloading"
>>
File: 1465508909872.jpg (39 KB, 198x196) Image search: [Google]
1465508909872.jpg
39 KB, 198x196
>>342864393
Still watching. Half of this is literally the kind of glitch exploitation technique shit people like this praise arena shooters for.
>>
>>342864368

>fuckhuge critbox in the center
>a few shots of reaper force the little bitch out
>don't even need to aim at her after that because of spread and nohealth.
>>
>>342860392
>Pharah should be nerfed
How's Opposite World treating you?
Also all that needs to be done with Bastion is reduce his sentry clip and give it a recoil (to prevent M1 POTGs) and make his sentry-to-robot time instantaneous (to crack down on universal hard counters).
>>
File: smug.jpg (8 KB, 250x235) Image search: [Google]
smug.jpg
8 KB, 250x235
>>342866254
it's pretty nice over there. thanks for asking
>>
>Remove/Nerf Genji
lmao

lmao

lmao

lmao

lmao

lmao

lmao

lmao

lmao

She's ok

>Buff D.Va (same)
I guess a small buff wouldn't be too bad

lmao

lmao

>Zenyatta is suffering
lmao

lmao

Don't post design suggestions again, kiddo, you're the plebbiest pleb I have ever plebbed
>>
>>342860392

>genji

Mei, Reaper, McCree, Pharah, Symmetra, Reinhardt, all can paste him. Stop playing your waifu and counter.

>pharah has too much ammo

She also shoots about 1.5 rockets per second, junkrat's raw dps shits on her and all she has over him is range/mobility. Pharah is the most balanced hero in the game.

>no reaper counters

Symmetra, Mei, Pharah, McFuckingCree. Even good Reapers are slow and squishy. If you get flanked, too bad, Blizzard can't patch your situational awareness.

>remove tracer

One Symmetra with decent turret uptime turns her into a wasted slot and a lot of heroes can one shot her.

>remove Bastion

He's annoying but a completely necessary evil. There needs to be a hero that can output a massive amount of DPS on concentrated groups because it's the only way to compensate for a team full of unskilled ambush heroes who can't trade kills. He's also got more counters than fucking anybody and completely wilts against competent teams when he does more than watch a flank.

>change hanzo because heroes should be globally balanced to make low-tier shitters bearable and not to keep everything fair at the highest level of play

Bruh

>Junkrat's trap is problematic

Try looking at the ground, it's hard to miss.

>change Mei/Torbjorn also because low MMR players are the ones that should be making the rules

cool

>Nerf Widow

They did, and they did it well.

>Buff D.va

D.Va's a fucking monster when it comes to disruption, sapping, support/sniper assassination, draining tank HP, and her ult can actually empty an objective unlike Winston's bouncy funhouse ult where nobody's afraid of him on maps without enviro kill potential. Stop playing her wrong.

>Add counterplay to Roadhog

I'll admit, they should really add scattershot weapons to the game to take advantage of his giant hitbox. Maybe they'll introduce a shotgun skelly or a robot with shotgun arms. The pellets would add up.
>>
>>342866692
>kiddo

i hope it's nothing personnel, kid
>>
>>342860392

>useless in high MMR

Or so you've heard.
>>
File: implying.jpg (63 KB, 960x730) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
63 KB, 960x730
>>342866824
>implying I'm not stuck healer 75% of the time, having almost perfectly mastered Lucio
>implying I can switch off of the only healer of the team without them spamming X
>implying Junkrat's trap isn't OP with its characteristics
>implying removing/remaking torbjorn/mei would change the game much
>implying D.Va is good
>implying you wouldn't want your hanzos to be useful
>implying I said Bastion is uncounterable
>implying a Tracer isn't OP in any way

I know my thread was shit, but pls
>>
I know you are just goofin but symmetras gun is strong as fuck
>>
>>342860392
>git gud boogeyman
would people unironically tell you to git gud at overwatch?
the skill cap is lower than the 20 tick rate
>>
File: this is totally not good.jpg (7 KB, 207x200) Image search: [Google]
this is totally not good.jpg
7 KB, 207x200
>>342867572
I'm half goofing to be honest.

Symmetra is one of the characters that make me sad

>tfw her gun reaches level 3
>>
>>342867807
you would be surprised

I put the git gud boogeyman as a preventive measure to unironic git guds

seems to work decently
>>
>>342867268
Pretty much. I'm not a pr0 overwatch memer, but it still holds true
>>
>>342867330

>I'm stuck as healer

There's a lot of games where I have to switch from tank/support and start scoring eliminations myself if my team can't accomplish it, and we win because of it. If you're healing shitters who aren't playing effectively, then you aren't playing effectively either, much less a tragic hero who deserves better.

>implying I can switch off the only healer

I've won a lot of games with, and lost a fair number of games to, teams with 6 competent damage heroes and nothing else. Being a healer doesn't automatically make you important or necessary, and going down with the ship doesn't make you a martyr or any kind of authority on balance changes needed for heroes that you, by your own admission, don't really play that much.

>junkrat's trap isn't OP

It'd be OP if it didn't require you to voluntarily walk yourself into it first. Literally. Don't. Step. In. It.

>implying it would change the game to

Not broke, but let's fix it for your convenience anyway. Gotcha.

>implying D.va is good

Great, even, a skilled D.Va uproots a defending/range-heavy team better than Winston. And I love Winston.

>hanzos should be useful

All teammates should be. Just because he's a magnet for shitters that don't have the decency to figure things out on the Practice Range/A.I. battles before taking it to PvP, doesn't mean there's anything wrong with him. Raising the skill floor is a terrible idea when the ceiling is already so high.

>I know Bastion can be countered

Then counter him.

>implying tracer isn't OP

Implying you've ever put actual time into Tracer or really anybody other than Lucio in order to figure out their weaknesses and strengths first hand. Implying you're not just bitching because you've got a narrowly defined comfort zone with five heroes at most and want them to be more influential over everybody simply because you prefer them.
>>
>>342860509
Safely overclock your cpu. You can probs get a few more mhz before needing to get an aftermarket cooler.
>>
>>342863451
And she can recall him. Tracer chases ghost better than Reaper chases recall. Tracer wins the matchup

t. Competitive Tracer Player
>>
File: rhytlock.png (976 KB, 783x543) Image search: [Google]
rhytlock.png
976 KB, 783x543
>Pharahs who think they can 1v1 me as Mercy
>Bastions who don't think that I won't shred them in less than 2 seconds if I see them as Mercy
>>
>>342861114
A lot of this can be fixed by improving tick rate but we all know Blizz doesn't know how to make good servers ;)
>>
FUCKING REMOVE INSTANT LOCK ON FOR TURRENTS!!! IT'S SO FUCKING RETARDED! FUCK
>>
>>342870243
>Turrents

No anon it is you who is the retard.
>>
>>342870303

You can say it however you want. It doesn't matter. Some people say turrent others say turret.
>>
>>342870430
Literally no. There is no such fucking thing as a turrent. Unless you're some uneducated fuck you should not be using that word.
>>
>>342870561

Whatever dude. I'm still going to say turrent, it's just a different way to pronounce it. Both are correct.
>>
Serious question: How to counter 2 Zaryas?
>>
>>342869478
I just want to say you're right on many points, but, still.

I wouldn't care if my characters got nerfed. I play Torbjorn a lot and I still find him retarded in pubs.

D.Va definitly needs her slow movement when shooting removed. I don't get why'd they limit her that way.

Junkrat has a 80 damage snare that's instant and can't be shot down instantly in a situation where you're duelling. He already has huge utility to damage ratio just because of that.

Hanzo needs a buff anyways if we're gonna take the compeititive overlords seriously.

Tracer isn't OP I don't get that meme

pls tell me when to switch off of healer exactly. that meme never works when I do it too :^)
>>
>>342870916

Fucking nuke them from the sky with Pharah. They can't even reach you. Learn to direct hit with rockets and just bully the shit out of them.
>>
>>342870673
No it really isn't, a simple google will tell you that it's not even a word, it's just dumb fuck slang that isn't even real slang it's just a massive misspelling usually perpetrated by uneducated americunts.
>>
>>342870916

Dont shoot their fucking shields. That's it. If you and your team refuse to empower their dps, they won't be able to do shit.
>>
>>342871043

Just like you can say tomato or tomatoe you can say turret or turrent.
>>
>>342870916
pray your teammates don't shoot them
>>
So will ranked have better Matchmaking, or will it be the same and still be completely fucked.
>>
>>342871238
better matchmaking through a 1-100 numbers system or something.

I didn't search about it much
>>
>>342871238
It'll have proper matchmaking when it's out proper and you can pick your region.
>>
>>342860392
I couldn't read more than your first 3 complaints because they were so retarded it's impossible to take your seriously.
>>
File: k.gif (20 KB, 156x166) Image search: [Google]
k.gif
20 KB, 156x166
>>342871797
>implying a Genji main is not a cancerous thing to fight against when your teammates are vegetables
>implying Pharah isn't a tiltlord that offense people never kill
>implying Reaper has hard counters after McCree nerfs

?
>>
File: edgeok.gif (542 KB, 126x86) Image search: [Google]
edgeok.gif
542 KB, 126x86
I don't know enough about the game to agree with OP on much more than D.Va needing a buff

Teach me how the fuck to make her seem even borderline useful sans her Ultimate
>>
>>342872046
Your saying things that are wrong with the players, not the game
>>
>>342872082
Literally remove her slow movement speed and give her more range. Stops making her an useless Winston.
>>
So how do I get gud with
Winston
Genji
McCree
Tracer
D.Va
It might just be my playstyle since Im great as Reaper, Zenyatta, Rein, Lucio and Paharah
>>
File: v6JTNjS.jpg (36 KB, 600x450) Image search: [Google]
v6JTNjS.jpg
36 KB, 600x450
>>342861114
>Using target range dummies for hitbox reference
>Thinking animation canceling is an unintentional bug
>Complaining about McCree ult hitting more than 6 players when that can never happen outside of the target range

That's some pathetically hard reaching if these are the 'game-breaking' flaws you came up with.
>>
>>342872339
Winston: Play 1 game with him

Genji, Tracer: Practice a bunch on Attack Point/King of the Hill

McCree: Practice a bunch on Defence Point and Payload. Not as worth anymore since he lost a lot of kill potential.

D.Va: Wait for the buffs
>>
>>342872339

You don't. They are all shit.
>>
>>342872621
D.Va and McCree are pretty bad right now, the rest are decent/good
>>
>>342872161
the game is shit.

there is literally nothing to argue about here, just end your life already
>>
>>342872208
No I mean really, what can *I* do

Personally I think she needs at least rocket lawnchair or just a sliiiiiightly stronger minigun
>>
>>342872082
Fly a lot and melee people as you do.
>>
>>342873105
Just play other charactesr until her buff. She's a deadweight to any team right now.
>>
File: 1466322821003.png (92 KB, 267x267) Image search: [Google]
1466322821003.png
92 KB, 267x267
>>342860392
>remove half the heroes in the game

overwatch's biggest problem is that it gets extremely stale and repetitive, and your suggestion is to remove half of the playstyle choices players have? top fucking kek
>>
>>342873047
Why are you so mad? like holy fuck what is wrong with you
>>
dumb bitches complain about dva needing a buff and bastion needing a nerf, why are you so bad at this game?
>>
>>342873506
I didn't respond to that, it's another poster

>>342873498
makes me kek too, thinking about it. I did think about not saying "remove", but whatever
>>
>>342873528
D.Va is literally the most useless character in the game. I never actually have trouble against her, and she isn't even that good at being a distraction
>>
File: overmeme.png (1 MB, 1280x674) Image search: [Google]
overmeme.png
1 MB, 1280x674
>>342860392
>>
>>342873702
>>342873674
>>
>>342870991

>torb is retarded in pubs

He's in my top 5 played and yeah he does need a nerf to his ult. Everything else about him is currently fair imo but the ten seconds of insane fucking HP he and his turret instantly stack up is retarded. Press Q to force the enemy team to conjure 1300dps or the push fails.

>D.Va shouldn't slow when she moves

She's an active ambusher that goes to meet her enemies instead of sitting around waiting for them to enter her closet like a Symmetra or McCree. Fly up, get touching-close, and unload. Fucking purees anything with 300hp or less if you catch them at point blank, but if they know you're coming or quick to react they can use mobility to escape. She's fragile for a tank but she has enough bulk to DPS race most heroes 1v1. If she could still run full speed while shooting she would be an unmanageable nightmare that could continue to chase most heroes down after the initial ambush and drain them to zero.

>instant snare for 80hp

It triggers instantly, but it has a whole vulnerable second before it's active. And if you see him throw it, even less excuse to step in it. Even if he throws it right under your feet you've got a whole second to move in any direction. And aside from being entirely fair, its existence is downright necessary as a pivotal counter against high mobility opportunists like tracer and genji.

>Hanzo needs a buff

In what way? On certain maps he's fucking royalty, on others he's still a terror with the amount of HP he can strip from distracted enemies.

>Tracer is OP

I keep hearing this complaint but no specifics to accompany it.

>when should I switch off of healer :^)

He's an easy flow chart:

Q: Is your team worth supporting?

If yes: play support.

If no: don't play support.

For all the meta and mechanical complications, matches are still won or lost on killing enough of the enemy team to control an objective.
>>
>>342872963
>McCree is bad now
Remember how everyone was complaining his short range, 0.7 sec, was the real problem? Remember how that remained untouched?

He still can flashbang into easy headshots. He can still fan->roll->fan on large targets for 540 damage.
>>
>>342873870
Tracer is OP because in theory she could avoid almost everything that's supposed to counter her if you get close to the skill ceiling.

If you're close to that ceiling, her E makes her even more retarded considering she can just go back to dodging everything

I have no doubt it's gonna be an emerging problem as more players get proficient with Tracer.

I might be wrong, but that seems to be the general consensus
>>
>>342872082

D.Va is not a front line fighter. Her HP and hitbox size make her crumple faster than almost anyone under concentrated fire and only survives on point when her teammates take priority on the target list.

But she excels at assassination. Got a Hanzo or a Widow fucking you up? Fly behind enemy lines, march up, and paint the walls with em. Torbjorn not getting countered? Fly behind enemy lines, march to point blank with defense matrix, and trade 200hp to drop it with your guns, and polish off Torb while he's shitting his pants.

Her mobility is stupid and gives her access to the entire map, use it to single out enemies and traps that you're strong against and kick their legs out from under them while your team pushes.

She's also great on payload maps for orbiting the cart and reacting to everything that happens around it.
>>
>>342873870
>Tracer is OP

>I keep hearing this complaint but no specifics to accompany it.

Impossible to chase. Impossible to trap. Nearly impossible to kill.

Proper use of the absurdly low cooldowns on her warp and E make her virtually untouchable, outside of instant kills. Her ult is basically free kills and there's nothing you can do about it short of hoping she's got terrible aim.
>>
>>342874641
Thing is, other heroes do her job better.
>>
>>342873994
Well, he's not "bad", just not as good, obviously. He's lackluster right now, though.
>>
>>342876015

The heroes that do her job better are more narrowly specialized and therefore situational. D.Va can play her role consistently across all maps and adapt to far more roles in a pinch, perhaps more than any other hero. In a roster full of rock-paper-scissors types her versatility could be mistaken for being lackluster but when you add in the fact that she gets to pick and choose her encounters more than anybody else, you get a slippery but effective fighter.

>>342875316
>>342874372

>she's hard to hit

Yeah, I thought that would be the nature of the complaint.
>>
File: 1449179230240.jpg (73 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449179230240.jpg
73 KB, 1280x720
>d.va's cockpit has a huge glass windscreen where her fucking face and arms are
>waaah why does she have such a big critbox on the front of her?
>>
File: 1466745580963.png (147 KB, 350x450) Image search: [Google]
1466745580963.png
147 KB, 350x450
What do I have to do to consistently match with players that are better than absolute trash? How well do I have to play?
>>
>>342860392
>I got stomped in pubs because I don't know when to switch heroes/I have an epin main character i only play and never switch out of: The Post
>>
>>342877583
It's more about the one playing her being good than Tracer being hard to hit.
>>
>>342878061
>"lol overwatch is perfect at release: The Post"

I did say my opinions are shit, but this game is far from balanced dawg
>>
>>342860392

fuck off to /vg/ fucking cancer
>>
File: 1438893742054.jpg (2 KB, 126x98) Image search: [Google]
1438893742054.jpg
2 KB, 126x98
>>342879189
Thread replies: 105
Thread images: 18

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.