[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Going in blind.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6
File: ES_Morrowind_.jpg (18 KB, 320x240) Image search: [Google]
ES_Morrowind_.jpg
18 KB, 320x240
I have no idea what to expect.

What mods does /v/ recommend?
>>
>>342842858
MGSO (it's pretty much auto-install)
Less Generic NPCs

That's it. Go and play it. Just keep in mind it's an cRPG with real-time combat; not an action game with RPG elements.
>>
DO NOT READ ANY GUIDES OR TIPS

You'll become too powerful too fast, then you'll get bored and uninstall the game after a couple of hours like most people who try to get into MW do.
>>
>>342843025

Right on, thanks for the addon.

Going to jump in right now.
>>
Morrowind Graphics Extender & some better face textures
You might wanna find something to remove the combat dice roll too
>>
>>342843172
>You'll become too powerful too fast, then you'll get bored and uninstall the game after a couple of hours like most people who try to get into MW do

Definitely will not. thanks for the reminder though! I did this for my first playthrough of I have no mouth and I must scream and it did exactly that.
>>
Don't use MGSO. It's buggy as fuck.
>>
>>342843025
This.

Also, go Wizard. Melee is boring as fuck.
>>
>>342843025
is there such a thing as MGSO for oblivion? I don't want to patch and mod the game. I just want to install and get a great experience right there.
>>
>>342843352
YES.

>go wizard
>make high jump spell with 1 point feather fall
>make 100m wide fireblast spell
>kill Balmora
>>
>>342843025
>>342843236
Hold up. Wait.

Code Patch is good too. It's basically the Unofficial Patch ala Oblivion's or Skyrim's.
>>
>>342842858
Find some that better balances magic/alchemy cause abusing those two causes you to transcend any god on the planes of Nirn
>>
>>342843352
Wizard is a hard first/blind play through. You kinda have to know what you're doing. I recommend spellsword instead.
>>
WATCH THE SKY
>>
>>342843685
MGSO has Code Patch IIRC
>>
>Never played Morrowind or Oblivion
>Summer sale currently on

Which one should i get, if not both?
>>
Get the one that makes the game actually fun.

Wait sorry, that doesn't exist.
>>
Not Op but I have these installed and never played before:

Oblivion
Skyrim
Fallout 3 + all expansions
Fallout 4

Where do I start.
>>
>>342846629
Oblivion with tons of mods
>>
File: 1455907756972.jpg (41 KB, 705x411) Image search: [Google]
1455907756972.jpg
41 KB, 705x411
>>342845969
I would actually play a JVK mod due to how hard/spooky it is
>>
>>342846629
Fallout 3 <<< Fallout 4 < Skyrim < Oblivion
Start with Fallout 3 or Oblivion.
>>
File: 1465043192073.jpg (21 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
1465043192073.jpg
21 KB, 300x400
>>
>>342846629
Only play Oblivion and Skyrim

Beth fallout is shit.
>>
>>342846629
oblivion, then fallout 3
delete the other two, or try for a re-fund
>>
>>342848491
>not refunding Fallout 3
Why?
>>
>>342846629
play skyrim with mods
>>
>>342846240
Get both. If Morrowind seems too archaic (which it might, really the unique setting and lore is its strongest point anymore), then get Morroblivion (ports the entirety of Morrowind to Oblivion and is actually done), which you need Morrowind to work anyway.
>>
File: Morrowind MAP!.jpg (468 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Morrowind MAP!.jpg
468 KB, 1920x1080
>>342843025
Second this. Just go with MGSO and have fun. Don't forget to turn up the draw distance as well. You are probably over recommended specs by this point.

Oh also turn down the BGM once you get tired of it. Immersion goes up when the BGM goes down.
>>
>>342849772
>Don't forget to turn up the draw distance as well
I disagree. Disabling the fog makes the game world seems tiny and the fog kind of makes sense since we're on a volcanic island.
>>
File: doomcoffee.gif (15 KB, 188x200) Image search: [Google]
doomcoffee.gif
15 KB, 188x200
>>342843253

FUCK OFF BACK TO r/skyrim fag
>>
>>342852442
Not him but it really is kind of fucked up. If Beth wanted dice rolling, they really should've just gone with some kind of established ruleset ala Baldur's Gate (DnD) or Arcanum (GURPs) or VTMB (WoD) rather than trying to make some fucked up middle ground.
>>
>>342849772
When I booted up Morrowind with MGSO for the first time I was blown away.

Skyrim and Oblivion would never look that good, no matter how hard you mod them. The world's design is fantastic.
>>
File: 1364214819030.png (31 KB, 150x146) Image search: [Google]
1364214819030.png
31 KB, 150x146
>mfw on my last playthrough I played a mage for the first time
>it was also the first time I got the Boots of Blinding Speed
>it was ALSO the fist time I EVER BOTHERED TO LEARN AND USE ALMSIVI & DIVINE INTERVENTION

OH GOD

I CAN NEVER PLAY THIS GAME ANY OTHER WAY FROM NOW ON

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

oh god, back when I was 13 I got MW with a graphics card bundle and played it pretty much every year from then on. now, 15 years later I realize that I must have wasted HOURS travelling on foot/jumping through fucking fields and gorges, rivers and mountains when I could just have flown over everything at high speed like any self respecting mage.

FUCK ME
>>
>>342853869
It still pisses me off how much they butchered the magic system.

Jump spells were too fun to fuck around with.
>>
>>342853869
You don't even need a mage.
You can be a real warrior can just enchant amulets with your silly little tricks.
>>
I've tried so many times to play Skyrim as a full wizard, including mods to make it less shit (Damage/effectiveness scaling with your skill, sneak attack crit benefits, multiple spell collections) and it really just never feels right.

Am i just not trying hard enough? Or is Skyrim's magic just unfixable? I feel so spoiled after Morrowind/Oblivion had spellcraft.
>>
>>342854685
>Or is Skyrim's magic just unfixable?
It is probably fixable if you make an entirely new game with mods. But Skyrim in general completely murdered magic.
>>
>>342854685
>full wizard
>in a game that doesnt let you levitate because it would require redesigning literally every single "city" and embed it into the outside world instead of having shitty littel walled of instances

playing mage in skyrim is a shitty experience, it's like trying to roleplay as a samurai in counterstrike just because the game lets you use a knife.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.