[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what went right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: SMT_Strange_Journey_JPN.jpg (52 KB, 640x575) Image search: [Google]
SMT_Strange_Journey_JPN.jpg
52 KB, 640x575
what went right?
>>
>>342840153
remake when?
>>
>>342840153
not the combo system!
>>
>>342840228
Never ever
>>
It improved on most of the mechanics of the old games whilst still retaining the good old Wizardry-style dungeon crawling and combat.

I still prefer SMT II though.
>>
Everything
>>
>>342840153
The music! The battle themes and title screen theme were great.
>>
The last good mainline SMT, before SMT4 personafied and killed the series.
>>
>>342840153
This should have been SMT4, it's way better than the game called that.
>>
I played this when it first came out, but that Ouroboros boss completely and thoroughly destroyed me. Never got back into after that. Shame.
>>
>>342840990
I can't remember what you had to do to beat it. Wasn't there something you could do in the zone to make it easier/possible to fight?
>>
>>342840494

Too bad for the absurd backtracking in SMTII, it's probably my least favorite of the main games solely for that reason, while still being very good.
>>
>>342841191
I don't remember it being that bad, the warping made it pretty bearable. Then again, it's been a few years since I last played it.
>>
Still weird to think that the same team that made this worked on #FE
What a complete 180
>>
macca beam
>>
>>342840153
the setting. everything else is shit
>>
>>342844762
You'll need better bait.
>>
File: Strange Journalists.png (664 KB, 755x409) Image search: [Google]
Strange Journalists.png
664 KB, 755x409
>>342846028
Not bait, hipster.
>>
>>342846793
Damn
You ruined the thread with shitty bait
Thanks
>>
>>342840153
>what went right?

It certainly wasn't the combat system, music, dungeons, or bosses. So we're left with the plot and characters, I guess.
>>
>>342848106
It's a Strange Journey thread, it was shit from the start.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.