[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Xenoblade Chronicles X
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55
File: xenoblade-chronicles-x.png (939 KB, 1000x500) Image search: [Google]
xenoblade-chronicles-x.png
939 KB, 1000x500
Now that the dust has settled can we agree that this game was fucking amazing?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_h80NRMm9A
>>
File: Cross_and_Rock_thumbs_up.jpg (55 KB, 851x468) Image search: [Google]
Cross_and_Rock_thumbs_up.jpg
55 KB, 851x468
It was my favorite game out to come out last year
>>
It's on the mail. Just got a wii u. Any general tips I should know going in?
>>
>>342829472
Played it for hundreds of hours. Id play it again if a wii u emulator came out. It makes me sad we may only ever see this game at low res low fps
>>
>>342830814
Once you max out a class switch to another one
Dont buy anything early game, random drops will always be better
Focus on mining over research, you wont need money if you saved up from early game
>>
>>342830814
Don't hesitate to read the manual. There is a button in the in-game menu for a reason.
And have fun.
>>
File: elmaahoge.png (475 KB, 467x829) Image search: [Google]
elmaahoge.png
475 KB, 467x829
>>
Sinked more hours in it than in the witcher3
So yeah, it was good
>>
>>342830814
Don't use Lao in your party its a waste
>>
File: Cl2sadmVAAITVfq.jpg (173 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
Cl2sadmVAAITVfq.jpg
173 KB, 1200x675
>>
>>342829472
I could never get the hang of the combat. I was surviving, but never felt like I was doing "well". Kept leveling skills and arts, and all that, but healing and tanking didn't seem to be a real "feature" in the game. You just try to out-DPS everything, and hope button prompts appear so you can get like 2% hp back.

Started steamrolling everything once I got everyone their mech, but I got facefucked by those lion royalty assholes in... chapter 9 or so you have to fight on foot and dropped the game. Grinding isn't too fun in the game either.

Love the world, music, and story, but I can't seem to get a solid hold on the gameplay. Probably doesn't help that I prefer more defensive styles of gameplay.
>>
>>342830814
Oh, on the wiiu eshop there is data files you can download that make the game load faster and reduce texture pop in, if you have space or an external drive get them downloaded mate
>>
>>342831852
Don't toy with my heart anon, that crossover would make me so happy
>>
Yes, it was the best game of 2015.
>>
I hope it will be playable in some way on the NX. it's one of the few game that makes me regret not having a wii U.
>>
No. I Can't even be bothered to finish it
>>
File: 516515.png (418 KB, 812x2038) Image search: [Google]
516515.png
418 KB, 812x2038
>>
File: 1464800677013.jpg (264 KB, 800x1200) Image search: [Google]
1464800677013.jpg
264 KB, 800x1200
>>
>>342831873
I used the shield class, can't remember what its called now but really got a hang of the combat. You also do need to level up , that is prob my only issue , if you are fighting something thats even like 3 levels higher than you, its gonna be a bad time, the grind can be slightly annoying but honestly i was so into the world i didnt mind and there are lots of side missions to do! Also you do know it asks you if you wanna make the fight easier if you die like 5 times or something?
>>
>>342831975
Agreed. I put so much time into it.

Open world games are starting to actually interest me. Xenoblade Chronicles X, Rabi Ribi, and now Breath of the Wild... maybe open games can be good again.
>>
>>342830881
I thought the game looked great ! I guess it does look dated compared too stuff like Witcher 3, but i thought they did a great job, also do you mean 30fps, i do agree it would be awesome in 60 + but i didnt notice any major drops below 30 so it didnt damage my experience
>>
>>342831025
>>342831221
>>342831803
>>342831886

Thank you all. I appreciate it!
>>
>>342832132
It's not about the levels, but the size of the enemy.

Big fuckers need you to be severally overequipped for your level if you're equal to them. However, you can kill things like scirpos that are 20 levels ahead of you.

The best way to grind in this game is to get Overdrive, grind the level 50 scirpos in Noctilum until level 30, and then grind the level 55 Tersquals in Sylvalum in a level 30 skell. Tersqual farming is able to get low leveled side characters +1/2 levels a fight up until level 35 or so, and even more later. Granted, you could always just wait for your level 50 skell and flight and then farm the level 60's in the Divine Roost.
>>
>>342832132
Yeah it's 3 times before it asks, I know that because early on in a side (or story) quest you had to fight this giant monkey asshole and he kept reaming me.

I'll probably try out the shield class, probably will fit my playstyle better but it felt redundant since you're forced to use Lin 99% of the time. Maybe I'll just switch her to be more gatling than shield, and go grind that cave in the north of the first continent full of bugs & crabs. Good exp for like 30 seconds of killing in a mech..
>>
File: tumblr_o47gvgvl5P1se1r9fo1_1280.jpg (448 KB, 1004x549) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o47gvgvl5P1se1r9fo1_1280.jpg
448 KB, 1004x549
>>
It was trash then, it's still trash now.

I haven't bothered to progress past CH10, and I probably won't,

If you nerds think this game is "amazing," then you need to play more OW games, cause it's actually not.

XCX is a prime example of why it's better to be deep, than wide and shallow.
>>
File: chlorisno.png (965 KB, 803x997) Image search: [Google]
chlorisno.png
965 KB, 803x997
>>
It was a disappointment.

I could have forgiven the shit story.
I could have forgiven the shit characters.
I could have forgiven the shit combat.

But Skell combat being complete utter garbage ruins the game. The only reason to play this was the cool giant robots.
>>
>>342829472
Yes
>>
File: 4d8c4acb3b[1].jpg (162 KB, 798x797) Image search: [Google]
4d8c4acb3b[1].jpg
162 KB, 798x797
>>342832424
Bait as fuck. Xenoblade Chronicles X had shit to do every 10 feet. The only empty areas are in Cauldros, and that's because there's so much shit to do in the sky there.
>>
>>342832424
My opinion is basically the exact opposite of this guy. XCX has the best open world I've ever experienced (and I've experienced many). Striking design, tons to explore, very few restrictions, good music, solid enemy variety. The player kind of has to take responsibility in exploring and driving the story, since most of the content is in side quests. But I like a game that doesn't hold your hand.
>>
>>342832418
Who's Celica getting fugged by there? Mia?
>>
>>342832589
None of the things you said were shit are shit. The story is mediocre, but it's the worst part of the game and it still isn't bad.
>>
>>342832652
>deep rather than wide and shallow

Learn to read you stupid mouthbreather. XCX had tons of stuff to do, but it was all repetitive, meaningless, and had no actual depth to it.

You could spend HOURS customizing your mech loadouts, but it meant fuckall, since you would still be nuking all the enemies by spamming attacks like a retard. All the side missions basically devolved into same 5 repetitive categories. The world was full of beautiful backdrops, but there was hardly any NPC, you couldn't really interact with them, and they had no lore.

I could go on.
>>
>>342832424
>>342832589
Stop with this bait.
>>
>>342832781
>None of the things you said were shit are shit.
Kill yourself.
>>
>>342832375
Yeh at first i was like well i don't know if there is any point in me using shield if i am going to use her, but it seemed to work out pretty well its a really fun class!
>>
>>342832819
>no lore

Confirmed for not paying attention to the game at all, if you even played it.
>>
>OST doesn't loop properly
>OST is a fucking mess of different styles
Other than the OST, the game was decent. I got over a hundred hours of play time out of it.
>>
>>342832713
Yeah Xenoblade gave me that trial and error feeling i had the first time i played dark souls, it really is an amazing game... im not even that fond of OW games anymore as they all seem to be similar but Xenoblade broke the trend for me!
>>
>>342829472
As soon as I can figure out how to softmod my Wii U so I can create a character that better reflects myself then yes, I may be able to agree with you.
>>
>>342832781
The story was absolute trash.

It started off interesting, and quickly devolved into lame generic bullshit. Rather than tackle the implications of being in a robot body, and what it meant for humans to struggle for survival, it became generic good vs. evil with saturday morning cartoon villains.

Not only that, but the progression being segmented into chapters KILLED the flow of the story. It was very clunky and hamfisted.

Last game had a WAYYYY better story. And IT was mediocre shounenshit, but at least it was entertaining and interesting. XCX's story is just trash with no thought put into it. And considering this is the guy who brought us Xenogears, it deserves the harsh criticism it gets.
>>
>>342832819
Shut the fuck up you retard, you have no idea what you're talking about. It isn't "wide and shallow" like you keep mouthing off about. You have no actual clue what the fuck any of that means.

>You could spend HOURS customizing your mech loadouts, but it meant fuckall, since you would still be nuking all the enemies by spamming attacks like a retard.
That's what you customized your skell to do you absolute fucking idiot. If you didn't spend the time customizing and gearing up, you wouldn't be killing anything important. Yeah, you'll thrash blattas and other tiny enemies, but you can do so while underequipped, underleveled, and on foot. You have to actually think about what you're doing if you want any chance of killing a milesaur or other giant creatures.
>All the side missions basically devolved into same 5 repetitive categories.
Maybe the generic quests, sure, but they aren't really story involved, they're just there to give you some easy exp.
>he world was full of beautiful backdrops, but there was hardly any NPC
I think you're braindamaged if you managed to fucking link these two completely different things together.

>inb4 "I was only pretending to be retarded"
>>
>>342829472
The world is empty and you need to do stupid prerequisite missions to be able to advance through the story. I thoought you would interract with the overworld more, but its always the same shit: kill this monster, find this item, speak to this person...boring as shit
>>
>>342831803
I would recommend the opposite. Since he's gonna leave the party eventually, make sure to use him and max your relationship while you can.
>>
>>342832904
There is NO FUCKING LORE. You have tons of ruins and caves, with no story behind it all. You're on an alien planet, and you literally can't interact with any native civilizations.

Yeah, I didn't finish the game. I quit after chapter 10 because the game could no longer hold my interest, and I have better things to do than waste my time with a crappy game.

XCX was trash in all aspects, and it was a tremendous step backward from the last Xenoblade.
>>
>>342831873
The game requires you to design efficient builds and to understand how to play them.
There are plenty of ways to get HP or TP.
>>
>>342833059
Oh fuck off you retard. Nothing you said is a problem with the game, but with yourself. The story didn't devolve into "good vs. evil", and you'd know this if you had an ounce of critical theory in your uneducated brain. The entire dilemma driving the final chapters was that Lao found out the implications behind the mimeosomes, that everyone was actually dead, and there were no bodies onboard the lifepod. The realization that everyone who died was actually dead, for good, or at least until they could be rebuilt from the ground up.

The story being segmented isn't a problem, either. Xenoblade Chronicles had the same problem. You knew when you could advance the plot. I spent just as long between story segments in the original, and it wasn't a problem back then, so why should it be now?
>>
>>342832838
>hurr, people disagreeing with my opinions are bait

Kill yourself please.
>>
File: 1456993813864.jpg (37 KB, 604x340) Image search: [Google]
1456993813864.jpg
37 KB, 604x340
>>342833225
Look at this fucking retard.
>There's no lore
Confirmed for being a fucking baby that needs to have his little hand held through all of the lore and story.
>>
>>342833225
>XCX was trash in all aspects
This is Bait desu
>>
I love the fact the guy(s) going "This is TRASH!" out themselves as never playing the game in their very posts.
>>
>>342829472
I wouldn't exactly say "fucking amazing". It does have its share of flaws.

That hasn't stopped me from sinking triple-digit hours into it. But that's just me. Apparently I'm easier to please than most other people here.
>>
>>342833043
you can modify the character at any time once you do the right quest.
>>
>>342833072
You literally didn't address any of what I stated. Your entire reply basically sums up as "no you."

It didn't matter what loadout your skell would have since it's OP as fuck anyway. This is Shallow. There is no skill system to it, and skell combat is pretty much "mash buttons and spam attacks to win."

Even the story quests were mundane and boring. "Go here and fight a boss" And side quests SHOULD have variety. Don't excuse mundane crap because "hurr, it's just to gain exp." 90% of the game IS side quests, and they all fucking suck balls.

And the world was boring as shit. People always praise it for how beautiful and big it is, but there's NOTHING THERE. Literally no towns, or civilizations or NPCs to learn about the world from. What the fuck are you on about you dumb fuck?
>>
>>342833468
Of course. They're the idiots that need to be walked through everything.
>HL2Antlions.jpg
>>
>>342833225
The one thing with the original Xenoblade that I loved as far as the background were all those Giants ruins and how they were either overrun with or controlled by these giant-ass spiders. Then we find out that the Giants were slaughtered by the spiders (which was a lolwat thing really).

What I hated at the same time was that there were no Giants at all. No central village, no writings, no evidence of culture, just random ruins.
>>
>>342833228
But I have no idea how to do so. The game mentions the Potential stat influences how much healing you get from soul voices (which is the prompts I believe) but doesn't say how much, so I have no idea if it's a stat I should be focusing on, or if defense is more important, or offense... and armours only seem to focus on one.

Love the game, but I can't figure out how shit works. Been a while since I played too, and I know there was at least one aspect of combat I had never figured out since it wasn't mentioned in the manual.
>>
>>342833286
Xenoblade Chronicles wasn't segmented into chapters. The story progressed as you moved through onward to new locations which would trigger events.

This is what XCX should have done, but didn't.
>>
File: 326.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
326.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>342829472
>this game was fucking amazing
You damn right, bro:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Umwyql5c3Rk
>>
>>342833059
it being organized into chapters fits the way non-casuals play these games, since we do all side content before progressing the main story.

Anyway the largest part of this game is the postgame, and it seems people criticizing the game didn't even realize there was a big enemy in that moon-like structure.
>>
File: lastshooting.jpg (265 KB, 504x710) Image search: [Google]
lastshooting.jpg
265 KB, 504x710
>>342830814
You can level up arts (attacks) and skills (passives), but you may want to wait on which ones you do it for until you look ahead and see what kind of build you want to make (tons of stuff works).

Take a look at the Soul Voice menu just to get a basic idea of what it means. It'll tell you what the trigger for someone to call one out will be (like getting a critical hit, having a secondary effect on an attack activate, etc.), and then if someone does that color of art while they have it called out, they'll get the bonus that person lists for it (like +200% damage). Added bonus is when you do a soul voice attack, the whole party is healed, and the attack that does it is guaranteed to hit with status/secondary effects. This means you can guarantee some crazy status inflictions or guarantee topple on enemies if someone called out that color of art beforehand.

If you wait for the green circle on arts to fill up, that'll give you the "Secondary Cooldown" effect it lists. If you can afford to wait, those effects are usually worth it (especially the +200% damage or whatever ones), especially if you buff beforehand or activate a Soul Voice with that attack.
>>
>>342829472
No. One of the most boring games I've paid full price for. thoroughly disappointing.
>>
File: 69615bra.jpg (58 KB, 355x243) Image search: [Google]
69615bra.jpg
58 KB, 355x243
>>342833510
I know that, and that's not what I mean, genius.
>>
>>342833514
I did address what you shat out. Again, this shows your lack of intellect.

>since it's OP as fuck anyway. This is Shallow.
No it fucking isn't, I even pointed that out in my post. You actually have to loadout your skell properly if you want to kill anything important. It's actually very technical and requires knowledge of a lot of augments.

Or you could just squash some low level small enemies in them and say it's shallows while shitposting on /v/.

>Even the story quests were mundane and boring. "Go here and fight a boss"
If you're going to oversimplify everything to that extent, no game is complex. Doom is "go there and left click at something", and Morrowind is "go there and talk to someone".

> And side quests SHOULD have variety. Don't excuse mundane crap because "hurr, it's just to gain exp." 90% of the game IS side quests, and they all fucking suck balls
Then choose the ones with variety, you dipshit. You can see what kind of quest it's going to be. It even says "gathering" next to the gathering side quests. You knew what you were getting into before you accepted them.

>And the world was boring as shit. People always praise it for how beautiful and big it is, but there's NOTHING THERE
What a fucking baby. There's tons there. Everywhere is absolutely teeming with things to do. Most of it is spread out throughout the 12 chapters and post game, but that's to make it flow better.
>Literally no towns, or civilizations or NPCs to learn about the world from. What the fuck are you on about you dumb fuck?
Confirmed baby. Never even met the caravans, or the Wrothian base, or the Prone camps.
>>
>>342833592
I agree. It's a flaw in both games, but it's exceptionally bad in XCX, because there you literally have NOTHING.

In XC, you at least had other villages and civilizations to visit which would teach you about the different regions as you explore.

In XCX there was nothing at all. It was fucking terrible. You came across all these ruins and shit, especially in the desert area, and once inside, you literally learned nothing about what went on there, or what you're visiting, and there was hardly any reward for exploring them, reducing the entire thing to a colossal waste of time. Why bother to visit ruins for a bit of EXP, when you're character is probably overleveled anyway. Other games typically reward exploration with rare items and abilities. XCX pretty much breaks that, and makes any form of exploration completely meaningless so long as it isn't to put down those stupid mining nodes or whatever the fuck they were called. Even a bit of lore would be nice... A game, that does not reward exploration in any way, in A GAME ABOUT EXPLORATION.

How people can defend this is beyond me.
>>
The sidequests and world design were good but it has a lot of stupid design elements too.
XC1 is better.
>>
File: 324.png (2 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
324.png
2 MB, 1920x1080
>>342830814
>Any general tips I should know going in?
Mechanical level.
Check Eleonora periodically.
Go on foot everywhere.
Full Metal Jaguar.
Leave any affinity missions for postgame.
Have fun.
>>
>>342833601
Because the game doesn't railroad you through to new areas. You can go to Cauldros at the start of the game and grind there. How would you gate story based on location?

And yes, Xenoblade Chronicles is segmented that way, too. "Don't head past this point in Valak mountain or you'll fight Metal Face ;)" or "don't cross this point in Sword Valley or you'll fight Metal Face ;)". It's the exact same shit. You know when the next bit of story is coming up. Xenoblade Chronicles X just puts all the story gates in the same place, for convenience.
>>
>>342833597
Potential is what all TP arts scale on, even damage ones. Those arts are typically very powerful, and potential increases them significantly.
I don't know the exact formula, not sure that's really necessary.
>>
>>342833770
"Waaaah! I need to have my hand held to fully enjoy everything! Please railroad me, Nintendo!"
Good, fuck off. We don't need you and your ADHD addled mind here.
>>
>>342833938
Not him but how is that the same thing? The story progresses as you progress in the environment, that is not the same thing as do these random sidequests before UNLOCKING the next chapter quest.

There's no sense of urgency or anything to the story of XCX, it just kind of happens.
>>
>>342833902
Because all of the lore is optional, and you obviously never did any of the lore quests.

How you can post this shit and still think you're above 100 IQ is beyond me. Proles shouldn't talk about what they cannot comprehend, it just shits up the discussion.
>>
>>342833694
I got to the moon structure, and got my ass kicked. I couldn't be bothered to fight it later again, because I couldn't be bothered to finish the game.

>b-but, it gets good after 100 hours once you beat it

WOW!! Brilliant game design!! GOTYOAY!! You mean I gotta trudge through 100 hours of mediocre, shallow shit, and a terrible story to FINALLY get to the meat of the game? Why not scrap the core story and all the bullshit, and let players get to the good stuff right off the bat.

And no, I'm not gonna bother to finish the shitty game in order to play "the good stuff" I already sunk 70 hours into that piece of shit, and have had it listed on Wallapop for the past 6 months and NO ONE wants to buy it. I even got the stupid fucking useless guide. Worst purchase I've made on the WiiU, hands down.
>>
>>342834029
Can you point me to where I complained about the open-endedness of XCX
>>
>>342833773
I did understand. You can start with the default chest size, then later hack your wii u, and modify that.
>>
>>342834110
>Proles
Holy shit you're pretentious
>>
>>342833793
Name 5 towns/cities in the game anon. 5 towns, not counting NeoLA.

I could easily name 5 from the original XC. What about XCX?
>>
>>342834091
>There's no sense of urgency or anything to the story of XCX, it just kind of happens.
Confirmed never played the game. Chapter 11 is literally all about how the generators on the lifepod are running low and the Ganglion have found out where it is.

>You progress in the environment
Holy buzzwords, Batman! You literally progress between story gates throughout the entire game. No story happens until you reach the certain threshold for story to continue. This happens all the time from Bionis' leg on up. It's literally the same thing in X, but X forces you to complete some of the supplementary story before the big chapter quests, so it isn't just stopgaps.
>>
>>342829472
No but I can agree that it was fucking trash. I want that time back.
>>
>>342830814

Use this:

https://frontiernav.jahed.io/
>>
>>342834238
It's what you are. You very obviously aren't high minded if your complaint is that you didn't get the lore at the location you were at. Actual semi-decent human beings would've waited and found out all they needed to know from the side quests. You just shit on it because you're too dumb to wait and do the side missions.
>>
>>342834159
it's literally the only good game on the Wii U, so I don't understand how it can be the worst purchase.
Proof you have shit taste I guess.
>>
>>342833793
>Caravans
Those... those aren't civilizations anon, and there is fuck all to do in the except maybe a side quest or two, and buy shit.

>Wrotian bases, and Prone camps
Empty as fuck and full of enemies. No lore in those either.

How you can compare these to the towns and cities in the original XC is beyond me. They don't even begin to match up to the Machina city, or the Colonies, or the High Entia city, the Noppon Village
>>
>>342834271
Drongo Caravan
Dorian Caravan
Dopang Caravan
Dodonga Caravan
Wrothian Base

An RPG doesn't need towns. Stop being stupid.
>>
>>342834110
>people who disagree with me didn't play the game properly!

I've 100%ing the game and doet every quest. The lore in X is way weaker than XC. Monolith even said they ran out of time and couldn't finish the world.

You're in denial.
>>
>>342834412
>literally the only good WiiU game
Not by a long shot. And you need to play more Open World games my stupid little fanboy. XCX is easily among the worst of the genre.
>>
>>342829472

My GOTY last year.

And probably my WiiU GOTY this year too considering I'm still playing it and there's not much else coming.
>>
>>342834283
>Confirmed never played the game.
He's right though. I remember playing it and thinking that it was fucking stupid that the game didn't even acknowledge it when I came across the lifehold piece off the north coast of Primordia, even though a story chapter just a little while ago was all about getting the lifehold piece in Noctilum. X's story and progression is just straight up garbage.
>>
>>342834378
I'm wasn't even the guy you were initially replying to, I just jumped in because holy shit anyone who calls someone else a "prole" for disagreeing with them is a pretentious fuck.
>>
>>342834425
Because it doesn't have to be a city to be important to actual people. We don't need them to be whole different races. It's like in Chrono Cross, where Zeal is the only important town, and all of the story elements and lore are found outside of the towns. They're just shopping centers that get you geared up to explore the world. Just like the caravans.

>WAAAAH I NEED MORE LORE HANDED TO ME ON A SILVER PLATTER
Fuck off you child. The lore is there, just outside of the actual places. You find out mostly all of the lore through doing the side quests and talking to the people of those races.
>>
>>342834551
Story is my only problem desu

The rest is right up my alley

This game is polarizing from what I have seen so far
>>
>>342832343
There are 3 ways to spend upgrade points, mechanical, archeological, and biological. Dump all of them into mechanical first. It's way more useful
>>
>>342834492
Yeah, nah. I've 100%'d the game and I found everything to be just peachy. The lore is far stronger in X than it was in any of the other Xeno games, except -maybe- Gears. Just because they couldn't fit all of the backstory into the game doesn't mean that it isn't perfect. All of the additional lore is found in the artbook, anyways.
>>
>>342834193
I prefer to start with the proper size.
>>
>>342834614
It's not being pretentious when they've given you ample reason to call them such. If they weren't a prole, they wouldn't act like one.
>>
>>342834159
XC didn't do it optimally, but it certainly did it a lot better than XCX.

XCX was clunky as fuck, and was a major step backward from XC. Rather than allowing freedom of movement, and having story events trigger by your actions, they forced the player into this chapter based story telling which ruined the exploration aspect of the game.

>We've gotta get the lifehold unit in this location, it's super urgent cause our life depends on it
>But i've already been to that location, and stepped on the lifehold unit and nothing happened. We're supposed to get these things. but nothing ever happens when I come across one on my own.
>Oh, that's cause you haven't gotten to the mission where you have to get that lifehold unit, fight a boss, and watch it blow up

This isn't good game design anon. It's poor, and sloppy. Again, why bother to explore, when exploring isn't rewarded at all and totally meaningless. Either you follow the chapters, or you're wasting you're time.

>>342834110
There is no lore, and the little that there is is presented very poorly. You need to play more OW games anon, because this game handles lore terribly.
>>
>>342834551
How is it stupid that the game lets you find things out of order? That's how games should be.
>>
>>342834463
Uhh...dude? When comparing against the last Xenoblade title (and all Xeno- games before it), that's like calling the Nopon merchant camp at the start of of Satorl Marsh a town.
>>
>>342829472
I pray for a direct sequel on the NX
>>
>>342834498
I don't care about "Open World games". I care about RPGs.
I own all platforms. Xenoblade X is the only game I have on Wii U that is not kiddie trash.
>>
>>342834909
No, you're just a fucking retard. Nothing you've said is even remotely true.

The game is rife with lore. All of the worldbuilding does that. You're supposed to play it like Xenoblade Chronicles, talking to everyone and filling out the affinity chart and doing all the side missions as you come across them. There are so many alien races it can be hard to keep track of all the ones you've got thus far.
>>
>>342834463
Is this a serious post?

>A caravan with a bunch of Noppon and like 3 NPCs that takes up a small room in a cave is as lore heavy and interesting as a massive city with archives and hundreds of NPCs and side quests.

I'm gonna fucking screencap this for future threads. XCX fanboys are a new breed of stupid.
>>
>>342834948
Sure. That's not a problem for me. I'm not a child that needs everything to be stuffed into little cubbyholes and grouped so I don't lose attention. The world is laid out perfectly, and NLA is more than enough for a proper town.
>>
>>342834912
It's stupid that the game doesn't acknowledge it when it's a key part of the plot. I would have expected a story mission or something to activate when I got near it or something but nope, the game just completely ignores it until you decide to do whatever sidequest actually uses it.
>>
>>342834765
>All of the additional lore is found in the artbook, anyways.
This reminds me of how the developers had to explain everyone's backstory and motivations in after-interviews with Chrono Cross...

Totally different Anon, mate, but having to stick your "lore" in an artbook is L.A.M.E.:

Lousy
Artbook
Meh
Everytime
>>
>>342835027
It's an Eternal Recurrence reset point, the end of the world as we know it.
There's not supposed to be many people.
>>
>>342835027
>as lore heavy and interesting as a massive city with archives and hundreds of NPCs and side quests.
What is NLA?

No game has what you listed. None. Most cities in other open world games don't even break 40 population. No cities have archives for you to read through the lore, you have to go out and talk to the NPCs.

You're hating on XCX because it doesn't have something no game has. Fuck off.
>>
>>342835227
>You're hating on XCX because it doesn't have something no game has.
Holy shit kid go play more games. There are tons of open world games that have managed it in the past.
>>
>>342835148
Because none of the wreckages are actually the lifepod. You can't even find the lifepod in the game until the story opens it up for you, so it'd be pointless to add in extra events just in case someone stumbles onto something. The game was already pushing limits of storage. Adding in extra events and then having to check several if/else statements every time you find something new would absolutely fuck up the game. It's just not feasible with modern hardware, even on a PC.

It's fine just being able to find everything out of order.
>>
>>342835123
...that's like calling the Nopon merchant camp at the start of of Satorl Marsh a town.
>That's not a problem for me. I'm not a child that needs everything to be stuffed into little cubbyholes and grouped so I don't lose attention

This is the stupidest reply of the month. you totally just proved >>342835027 correct.

>>342835227
Most JRPG's can pull off at least an illusion of hundreds (or millions) of people just by having a "large town". Even Star Ocean II managed that.
>>
>>342829472
I agree. Only worthwhile game for the Wii U.
>>
>>342835018
Then go play the Ultima series you stupid mong. If we're gonna compare XCX to RPGs in general, and not just OW games, the XCX is literally the bottom of the barrel. Are you underage, because you don't sound like you've played many games, nor do you understand what makes a good game.

So far it sounds like you're defending XCX because it was your first experience with an RPG.

Fuck, even on Nintendo consoles Golden Sun shit all over the hack job that is XCX in terms of story and lore.

>>342834765
>except maybe Gears

Like fucking hell it does. Gears easily has one of the most lore heavy stories in gaming. Literally a story that spans millions of years since the beginning of a civilization, and takes place across varous Eons, and is only part 5 in a 6 part saga.

XCX is literally what? Generic sci-fi story about humans being stranded on a planet with a Saturday morning cartoon villain? Even James Cameron's shitty Avatar movie had a better story than XCX.

>>342834912
>when the game lets you find things out of order

BUT IT DOESN'T
>>
>>342835359
Name one.

Oh right, you can't. It doesn't exist.
>>
>>342834765

How does lore being in the artbook make the game better than one where the lore is in the game itself? I think you're reaching now.

Also the artbook isn't the lore of X. It was the intended lore that didn't happen and was modified.
>>
>>342835020
>All the worldbuilding
>rife with lore

Motherfucker, I BOUGHT the strategy guide and read it all. Game is fucking trash and has trash lore.

>There are so many alien races it's hard to keep track of them all.

You've got what? 6?

And only one can join your party iirc.
>>
>>342835479
Any of the Witcher games.
>>
>>342835460
>XCX is literally what? Generic sci-fi story about humans being stranded on a planet with a Saturday morning cartoon villain? Even James Cameron's shitty Avatar movie had a better story than XCX.
Quit oversimplifying everything. We get it, you don't have any critical thinking abilities, shut up.

>Who is Professor B?
>Who are the Definian's?
>Who are the Nopon?
>Who are the Ma-non?
>Who are the Wrothians?
>Who are the Prone?
>Who are the Samaar?
The game spans eons, too, future and past. There's lore everywhere.

But you just didn't find it.
>>
>>342835616
But that's false. All of the cities and towns are tiny, like Skyrim or Oblivion. The strong suit of the Witcher series aren't the towns, but the story and the world.
>>
>>342835553
> I BOUGHT the strategy guide and read it all. Game is fucking trash and has trash lore.
I actually played the fucking game. The game's lore is excellent.

>You've got what? 6?
Ma-non, Definians, Wrothians, L, Celica, Rock, Elma, Marnuck, Zaruboggan, Orphean, and the Ganglion.
>And only one can join your party iirc.
3, 4 if you count Rock along with Celica.
>>
>>342829472
Yep easily the best game on Wii U. Great OST as well.
>>
>>342835198
Which makes for a shit setting given how the story was handled and the gameplay of the game.

If you're gonna make a philosophical existential story, then make a linear RPG that's character focused like Xenogears.

OW games thrive on exploration and worldbuilding. What's the point of making an OW if your world is barren, shallow, and boring to explore?

Also, that entire premise of the plot also doesn't work with XCX because the writing and the characters and absolute trash. None of the characters are remotely interesting, nor do they get any development.

If you're gonna make an OW game, choose a story and setting that complement the gameplay. Don't just throw in pretentious philosophical themes in an attempt to sound deep.
>>
File: Ugames.png (2 MB, 1648x976) Image search: [Google]
Ugames.png
2 MB, 1648x976
>>342835418
>Only worthwhile game for the Wii U
>>
File: 1459811942437.gif (3 MB, 426x426) Image search: [Google]
1459811942437.gif
3 MB, 426x426
Is getting the original Xenoblade on WiiU a good choice?

My PC isn't good enough to emulate.
>>
>>342829472
Yeah it was my GOTY last year. My only problem is the grindfest of a post game and the story didn't kick in until chapter 10. Had a lot of fun with 130 hours out into it.
>>
>>342835227
NLA was trash.

And that's ONE city in the entire game.

Last XCX had 6 different cities iirc, each as dense and heavy as NLA.

Tons of other games and RPGs have managed to pull off the illusion of having a massive city with tons of people inhabiting and things to do. Go play more games kid.
>>
>>342835903
The world isn't barren, there are multiple side quests and points of interest at every single acre of the map. It's just spread out over 200 hours of gameplay, where you'll visit some quadrants 20 hours in and then revisit them 160 hours in.

The characters are good, too. Plenty of fleshing out and character development. The only bad ones are, arguably, Doug and Gwin.
>>
>>342835460
>muh story and lore
I like an engaging narrative and all, it can undoubtably enhance an experience, but if that's all your looking for in video games then I can recommend you several other mediums that'd suit you far better.

There's also a lot of story and a lot of lore in XBX that can be found through NPC dialogue and side quests, which you clearly never bothered to find.

>>342835616
>The Witcher 1 & 2
>open world games
I guess you only played 3.
>>
>>342829472
Gameplay is solid, although Skell combat is a bit dumbed down

Exploration feels really good

Graphics are so-so, characters look like shit, enviroments are decent.

Music is very hit and miss, the main enviromental tracks are very good, but tons of songs are shit. The Skell flight music annoyed the crap out of me.

Plot was very weak. They crammed almost every single plottwist into the last 30 minutes. Cliffhanger ending.

The intercultural relations between humans and all those alien races are done interestingly.

Lots of great quests.

Overall, 7.5/10. If they scrapped the MMO bullshit and gave a proper protag and a good plot (like Xenoblade Chronicles), it'd be a 9/10
>>
>>342835479
Witcher series, Ultima series, TES Daggerfall, any MMO ever, namely WoW. Just off the top of my head, I could do a search and find more, but I'll leave it at that.
>>
>>342836076
NLA was fucking massive, and had more NPCs than the entire Bionis, which only had 4 full cities, one of which isn't even really a city (Colony 6). Mechonis had the hand and an empty city at the top. Whoop de fucking doo.

Cities aren't important. I don't know why you're so intent on this. It makes you seem autistic. No one else gives a shit if there are tons of cities.
>>
>>342836240
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
>>
>>342835889
>Great OST
Holy shit anon. /mu/ would have a field day with you. Shitty Jcore isn't "good."
>>
>>342836240
The issue isn't with the music itself, it's how the music is used. The flight theme should've only played when you reached a certain height instead of cutting off the area themes as soon as you press ZR.
>>
>>342836159
Man, just stop. You're embarassing yourself defending this shitty game so zealously.

What does it matter to you if people don't like the things you like?
>>
>>342836254
None of them have cities with more than 30 population, even counting merchants, usually. Not counting merchants, there are almost 200 distinct NPCs in NLA alone, and another 50 outside of NLA. That's not even counting the people who talk to you in the street, or at base camps, that are nameless.
>>
>>342836490
You're embarrassing yourself. None of your criticisms are true. It's fine to say you don't like a game, just don't go and shit up threads for that game because you didn't like it. XCX doesn't actually have any major problems, just a couple of quality control issues, like certain tracks looping improperly, or the pickup rate of certain collectibles.
>>
>>342836396
But then it would play all the time in higher-up areas, like the floating islands in Cauldros, Primordia, and Oblivia.
>>
File: 243242354353.jpg (239 KB, 1152x864) Image search: [Google]
243242354353.jpg
239 KB, 1152x864
>>342836356
>/mu/ would have a field day with you
>insinuating that /mu/ has good taste
>>
>>342836726
Which is fine because it wouldn't be anywhere near as frustrating since it wouldn't play anywhere near as often.
>>
>>342836356
/mu/ knows nothing about music. Going to them to talk about music is like going to /lit/ to talk about non-marxist, non-anti-war literature.
>>
>>342836180
>an engaging narrative
Which XCX didn't have at all. It's a shitty generic sci-fi story with shallow and underdeveloped characters that fulfill stereotypical roles, and some philosophical themes that are mixed in and brushed upon in an attempt to seem smart, but never fully exanded upon.

And that's on the story side.

The gameplay is a whole nother mess onto itself.

It basically boils down to, select mission go here, deploy nodes, go here, deploy nodes, fight aliens, fight boss. Rinse, repeat ad nauseum. The world is a lifeless backdrop that is boring to explore with which you can barely interact and nothing to do but kill more aliens in.
>>
>>342831965
it would be so HYPE
>>
>>342836914
I prefer it the way it is. It's rarely a problem, since I only jump when I want to fly, unless I'm in NLA during the night.
>>
>>342835460
I understand that being a good RPG is not being open world; open world is a recent fad for the casual audience.
I think Xenoblade X did the open world formula fairly well, much better than any competitor.

You're lucky I'm even replying to you, I usually ignore people that call Xenoblade X XCX like it's the same game.
>>
>>342835646
Most of people who criticize Xenoblade X never played Xenogears and Xenosaga.
They just don't understand all the references in the plot (which despite being toned down in the American version are still there).
>>
its boring outside finishing the story. all the quests are the same (go here, kill this) and skell combat is disappointingly shallow. but i guess you could find fun in trying to 100% the map which is pretty difficult. it was a nice distraction for a few months
>>
>>342835953
If your PC is good enough to go on 4chan it's good enough to emulate the Wii.
>>
>>342836948
>It's a shitty generic sci-fi story
No it's not. It's a story about the repercussions of deep space travel and eternal life through biomechanical bodies. You'd know this if you actually watched and understood the final cutscenes.

>shallow and underdeveloped characters that fulfill stereotypical roles
They developed just fine. Some of them didn't feel all the fleshed out, namely Gwin, Mia, and Nagi, but everyone else was fine. There weren't very many stereotypical roles in it, either. The only stereotypical characters I could really argue for are Lin, Nagi, Vandham, and Mia, but the game would definitely be worse off without them.

The rest of your criticisms are demonstrably false, except for the "never fully exanded (sic) upon) thing. True, it wasn't fully fleshed out, but there is supposed to be a sequel. It's like complaining that Xenosaga 1 and Witcher 1 weren't fulled fleshed out. That is true, but it's excusable because it gets expanded on later
>>
>>342836254
>MMOs
keep your trash to yourself.
Unlike what casuals claim, Xenoblade X is nothing like an MMO.
>>
>>342836496
Daggerfall and Morrowind were both bigger than the NLA. Vivec in Morrowind in particular, and just about any city in Daggerfall. Vivec is a good example of a city done right, especially given all the lore. XCX NLA doesn;t even come close to it, so quit being retarded.

More examples include:

Amn from Baldr's Gate 2
Energy Nede from Star Ocean 2
Sol Famela in Suikudoken V
Sigil from Planescape
>>
File: a00fa30522[1].jpg (320 KB, 992x668) Image search: [Google]
a00fa30522[1].jpg
320 KB, 992x668
>>342837212
Agreed. A lot of them are whiny Xenoblade Chronicles fags who had Xenoblade Chronicles as their first and only foray into the Xeno series, complaining that X isn't just a sequel in the vain of the original.

I enjoyed Xenoblade Chronicles, don't get me wrong, but a lot of the fans have become absolutely insufferable. Complaining about there not being a ton of "cities", as if that's an actual issue.
>>
>>342837378
>It's a story about the repercussions of deep space travel and eternal life through biomechanical bodies.
No it's fucking not. It's got those 2 elements in it, but it's certainly not about either of them.
>>
>>342837061
>Xenoblade X XCX like it's the same game
what
>>
>>342836729

I'm gonna agree with him. The music itself is mediocre at best and I'm pretty sure they put a real-deal retard in charge of implementing it into the game.

>Loud vocal tracks playing during cutscenes
>No setting slider for music volume
>UNGH, YEAH, UNGH

I mean it's kind of charming for a while, but I really wouldn't call it "great" by any means.
>>
>>342837061
Sorry, but I'm not gonna type out Xenoblade X every time I mention its name just to quell your autism. Especially since I live in Europe, and over here it's called Xenoblade Chronicles X, it even says so on the box I'm holding right in front of me right now.
>>
>>342837568
It absolutely is, though. The Ganglion also aren't generic evil villains for the sake of being bad, their motivation is tied to the fact that, SPOILERS the humans are the decedents of the Samaar, and thus have the same anti-Ganglion genetic code in their blood, so the Ganglion want to destroy their biological bodies before the humans propagate
>>
>>342837406
XCX is LITERALLY an offline MMO. Basically an MMO without the multiplayer component, you stupid stupid fanboy. Who's the casual now?
>>
>>342837727
I'm not him, nor am I following your conversation, but
>Fanboy
You should be fucking banned.
>>
>>342837558
>>342837558
I've played Gears and love the story in Gears (never bothered with Saga), and I still thing XCX is shit. A couple offhand references to a good game, doesn't make XCX any good.
>>
>>342837727
worst shitpost on /v/ right now
>>
>>342837727
Why would anyone play an offline MMO? The whole appeal of a MMO is the community, not doing fetch quests and pointless grinding by yourself.
>>
>>342837697
that isn't repercussions of deep space travel or eternal life through biomechanical bodes.
>>
>>342837558
Lahan best village.
>>
>>342837858
Ask XCX fanboys why they would play an offline MMO, because I think the game is shit, and that's exactly what it is.
>>
XCX is a prime example as to why a long game doesn't mean a better game.

The Story is dogshit, the pacing is painfully slow, the majority of the missions were your average fetch or kill quota quests, and the fact that taking up affinity missions locks you out of taking up other quests is one of the dumbest design choices I have ever seen in an RPG.
>>
Elma is such a boring fucking character, she's the worst Xeno protagonist. Her personality is just "stoic army lady." Come to think of it most of the interesting characters are just limited to affinity missions while the main characters are all boring as shit.
I don't have any idea how some of you fuckers just used Elma and Lin the entire game.
>>
>>342837871
No, but the underlying plot is about it. Lao going rogue halfway through the story was because of that, and that starts showing in chapter 5. Chapters 1 - 4 are just setting up the world, and 5 sets in motion the rest of the story, which is a cautionary tale about how some people don't take lightly knowing that they're actually dead, and all that's left of them is a little tube of DNA so that more peoples' DNA could be taken along aboard the White Whale.
>>
>>342837965
Literally what I said here>>342832424

But the zealous fanboys will eat you alive for speaking ill of their precious game.
>>
>>342838025
She's got a lot more personality than that. I'd say she's more personable than Kos-Mos, but not as much as Elly or Fei. Paying attention to how she reacts to your dialogue choices, her heart-to-hearts, and her affinity missions, she's actually an amazingly fleshed out character given how little space and time the game had to work with.
>>
>>342838047
Story was so poorly paced and boring I could barely pay enough attention to it. I didn't catch any of that because I couldn't be bothered to pay much attention amid all the stupid cliches and antics.
>>
>>342837406

A single-player MMO is exactly what it is.

>Kill monsters, level up, get loot
>Enjoy relaxed hotbar/cooldown based combat
>Take repetitive fetch and kill quests
>Grind reputation with various people
>Get around mid-game and get your mount
>Get to late-game and get your flying mount
>Form a party to take down stronger monsters

It's closer to an MMORPG than any other genre.
>>
>>342838179
>amazingly fleshed out character

Serious question. Are you 15?
>>
>>342838179
No, she really isn't. She likes when you're careful and she likes pets. And she doesn't understand some human conventions because she's an alien That's it. She's not a well written character and is very one dimensional.
>>
>>342837965
>fact that taking up affinity missions locks you out of taking up other quests is one of the dumbest design choices I have ever seen in an RPG.
I think that the fact that all of the story missions and a big chunk of the sidequests require you to have the same 2 party members out of a roster of like 15 is a much dumber design choice.

>>342838047
>5 sets in motion the rest of the story, which is a cautionary tale about how some people don't take lightly knowing that they're actually dead, and all that's left of them is a little tube of DNA so that more peoples' DNA could be taken along aboard the White Whale
More like that people don't like being lied to. The people in charge hiding that from everyone didn't even make any sense from a story stand-point other then for "le epic plot twist" right at the end. They didn't gain anything by lying to people.
>>
>>342838183
That's your own problem. I was astute the entire time and am better off for it. I think the pacing of the story was nice, given that nothing like it had really been done before. It's the same vein of story telling I enjoyed in Metroid Prime, or in Subnautica. Just a lot more fleshed out than those games.
>>
I'm playing right now. About to do chapter 6. How long until I get a skell licence? Also, what weapon combos do you guys use. I've been using longsword and assault rifles so far. Trying to unlock dual guns and swords
>>
>>342838179
>Paying attention to how she reacts to your dialogue choices,

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR HER OVER THE LOUD OBNOXIOUS SINGING
>>
>>342838223
every RPG is a single player MMORPG
>>
>>342838283
Confirmed no idea what you're talking about.
>she likes when you're careful
Is that why she supports you mutinying? Or making fun of people? Or street brawling?
>She likes pets
Only certain kinds. They're all alien to her because she herself is an alien.

>and is very one dimensional.
You just counter'd your own argument. Even in your little analysis, you show'd that she's more than one-dimensional.

Unless you don't actually know what that word means and are just talking out of your ass.
>>
>>342838298
>I was astute the entire time

This is just your first scifi story, congratulations. Eventually you'll consume more media, and it'll sink in how horribly cliche XCX is.

>better than Metroid Prime
You've never played Metroid Prime. MP is the one game XCX should take a note from, since it handled lore A LOT better than XCX could ever hope to. For a game that wasn't heavily focused on exploration, I was a lot more motivated to explore and read logs in that game, than in XCX with it's stupid side quests about clothes and other lame fucking shit.
>>
>>342829472
No damn way. The world is barren as fuck. Exploration is pointless. No hidden treasures, no interesting ruins, nothing. You get nice views but pretty much any location will give you a nice view.

The graphics are pretty shit too surprisingly. If you play on a screen bigger than about 27" you're going to see nothing but pixels on every edge in the game.

Story might as well not exist. Music is absolute garbage. Characters are bland. Weapons are peashooters and dull sticks whacking things.

I don't think a game has disappointed me more in years. I needed a good reason to have bought a Wii U. This was the last chance and it failed on every possible level.
>>
>>342838319
Level 30.

Also, I used lightsaber, since it deals insane DPS once you get overdrive going. Seriously, you can hit up to 200k per hit of Stardust Blossom and Rondo. It's not very efficient at building up TP, though, so it's kind of a slow starting class that revs up immensely. You'll need Lin or L as support if you're going to be taking on hard hitting enemies, since you'll be frail before you start going OD.
>>
>>342838405
Clearly you have not played a lot of RPG's
>>
>>342838405
No, not at all. Only XCX. MMOs are built around sidequesting and exploration. Regular are very Linear RPGs with a tight narrative and planned progression.
>>
>>342838480
>Is that why she supports you mutinying? Or making fun of people? Or street brawling?
Yeah I didn't get any of these. Source nigger.
She likes when you hold back and watch Alex shoot the Manon i.e. she likes when you're careful.
>Only certain kinds. They're all alien to her because she herself is an alien.
Wrong, dumbfuck. She says she has a cat on earth, and if you like dogs she she says that makes sense because you're loyal. Only one she reacts weirdly to is the Elma one.
>Even in your little analysis, you show'd that she's more than one-dimensional.
She's a stoic army lady who is secretly an alien so she's confused by some human stuff. One dimensional as fuck.
Sorry, try again.
>>
File: 1357085101856.jpg (80 KB, 641x756) Image search: [Google]
1357085101856.jpg
80 KB, 641x756
>>342838610
It isn't even my 10th sci-fi story. Probably closer to 30-40 at this point. It still remains one of my favorites, because I paid attention and studied every little minor detail like a good player should.

>You've never played Metroid Prime.
I've beaten the original 4 times, and played through (but only beat once) the second 3 times. It handled lore pretty much the same as Xenoblade Chronicles X, making you go out of your way to piece everything together. It gives you all of the basics, but you need to go out of your way to find everything and to connect the dots.
>>
>>342838783
>Mutinying
Whenever you get the option to. It happens like twice with Vandham.
>Making fun of people
That guy who challenges you to a FrontierNav challenge to see who can get the most credits. Making fun of him makes Elma like you more.
>Street brawling
You should know where this is in the commercial district if you played through all the sidequests. Vandham even scolds her for it.
>She likes when you hold back and watch Alex shoot the Manon i.e. she likes when you're careful.
You completely misinterpreted that. She doesn't like xenos all that much. She's the one who wanted to pop Lao in Cauldros. Lin is the one who played it safe.
>Wrong
No, she only likes cats. She doesn't like dogs at all. It's more like complete neutrality on that issue.
>One dimensional as fuck
But you literally just gave her more than one dimension.

You're a fucking retard and an asshole who can't handle being wrong. You even use buzzwords you don't know how to use.
>>
Elma is a trash character only reason you virgins like her is because of her ass and muh delicious brown meme.
>>
File: WVW69itNBQsH0pdliU[1].jpg (51 KB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
WVW69itNBQsH0pdliU[1].jpg
51 KB, 800x450
>>342839243
She isn't even the character I find the hottest in the game. I like her for her personality. I'd pick Murderess, Irina, and Mia before I picked her based off of looks.

Maybe Celica, too. I'd also throw in the Wrothians, and some Prone ladies with bags off their faces.
>>
>>342839236
Yeah I still don't believe you. Video evidence or fuck off.
>You completely misinterpreted that. She doesn't like xenos all that much. She's the one who wanted to pop Lao in Cauldros. Lin is the one who played it safe.
And who's to say you didn't misinterpret that, fuckwad? She is never hostile towards peaceful Xenos, in fact she is in favor of helping the Ma-non and Nopon. You're wrong, fuck off.
>No, she only likes cats.
okay, whether she likes pets or just cats in general just doesn't really help her characterization. Its shallow either way. she is literally just a stoic army lady. We don't even know why she saved humans.
>>
>>342838872
>it handled lore pretty much the same way as XCX

Except not at all. Prime had you scan environments, aliens and artifacts in order to learn about the places you're exploring.

XCX... didn't have that at all. The little lore it had was tucked away in tedious side quests, and was never fully expended. If you arrived to an interesting location, chances are you'd learn nothing of it all. This happened to me many times.

In Prime, you come to an interesting locale, and you have tons of logs and shit you can scan the moment you can boot up your visor. Not only that, but it's purely optional, and doesn't break up the flow of the game unless you want it to.

The fact that you're comparing the masterpiece that was Metroid Prime, to the rushed and overhyped piece of shit that was XCX makes me wanna strangle you, and pretty much kills all your credibility.

>I've read about 40 scifi stories.

Sure you have kid. If you had, you wouldn't find any of the themes in XCX impressive, as they've been executed a LOT better in actualy sci-fi literature. Most of Takahashi's influences in writing come from Clarke and Asimov, particularly Clarke's Childhood's End, since that's one of his favorite books.

Even from a literary standpoint, Xenogears doesn't match up to Takahashi's influences, but given the fact that it's a videogame, it gets a pass since the story isn't the main focus. But, for a videogame, it's still a good scifi story with decent and interesting characters.

This is NOT the case at all for XCX, which falls back on pretty much every scifi and anime cliche ever, and has one dimensional cardboard characters, with some scifi motifs thrown in that will impress retards that haven't much scifi from the Golden Era, which is where Takahashi gets most of his themes.

So no, try again kid. But don't go telling me what makes good sci fi and what doesn't because I've been a fan of Takahashi's work since before you were born, and XCX is his biggest misstep.
>>
I EALLY don't like games with this color style

they swap between neon saturation and maximum brown

its like they are trying to create a visual style that makes you lose interest as quickly as possible
>>
>>342839434
Jesus Christ, those ugly as fuck faces.
>>
>>342839510
Okay, retard, just go on being wrong. I actually played the game and paid attention. She gains affinity whenever you choose anti-xeno choices, just like Boze.
>And who's to say you didn't misinterpret that
Because I'm not a complete fucking idiot like you who yells at everything that confuses me.

In summation: you're wrong, fuck off.
>>
File: 304.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
304.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>
>>342839596
>rime had you scan environments, aliens and artifacts in order to learn about the places you're exploring.
>XCX... didn't have that at all
What is the collectopedia?
>>
File: 1465693568910.jpg (17 KB, 249x242) Image search: [Google]
1465693568910.jpg
17 KB, 249x242
>>342839721
>just like Boze.
confirmed for never using Boze. He responds positively to a lot of pro-Xeno choices. His last affinity mission even has him reversing his stance towards them.
>Because I'm not a complete fucking idiot like you who yells at everything that confuses me.
Brilliant argument, totally invalidates my reasoning
>>
>>342839817
The collectopedia wouldn't give you any information about any of the locations you visited, especially all the hidden ruins. Further more, it doesn't even compare to to the Scan Visor in Prime.
>>
>>342839236
why did you retards use Elma and Lin outside of the main story and their AMs? There's almost 20 fucking characters in the game and you actually used those two shitters when you didn't have to?
>>
>>342839596
>Prime had you scan environments, aliens and artifacts in order to learn about the places you're exploring.
Xenoblade X did the same for you automatically. You can read about all of the enemies in your inventory. And, instead of scanning relics, you just talk to NPCs about them.

Also, you just confirmed yourself as a retard who can't handle difference in opinion. Every time someone disagrees with you, you lash out in anger. Prime was my childhood defining game, and I've played through it many times, I still prefer Xenoblade Chronicles X.

Because I'm not an immature retard like you, and I can wait patiently for lore to fill out. See:
>If you arrived to an interesting location, chances are you'd learn nothing of it all. This happened to me many times.
Okay? Just wait, they'll get explained eventually. What's the fucking problem here? Oh wait, you're an impatient, petulant little man-baby who can't handle people smarter than him.

Fucking prole.
>>
>>342839783
WOW, what a cool location. Too bad there's nothing interesting to do on it.
>>
>>342839923
Not even the guy you're talking too, but you may wanna actually read the shit in the collectopedia before saying that.
>>
>>342829472
no

The Skells were cool, but that was the most fun I had with it
>>
>>342839865
I used Boze tons. He responds negatively to pretty much every Xeno during the early game. He specifically wants to fuck over the Ma-non because of his rage against the Prone, and only changes his affinity after his last affinity mission when he gets saved because of the Ma-non.

And again, it's his final affinity mission. Boze, up until then, hates Xenos. So does Elma, oddly enough. Any time anti-Tatsu choices come up, she'll have affinity for them. Ditto any of Alex's anti-Xeno rhetoric. She only hates on Alex during his final side missions when he's trying to fucking kill a preacher in NLA, and he sides with the Xenos himself. She doesn't even approve of you when you try to support those 2 definians in NLA. Pretty much the only Xenos she supports are L, Celica, and Professor B.
>>
>>342839979
>I liked XCX more than I like Metroid Prime, despite the latter being a far tighter experience with careful design that had a lot more thought put into it.

You have shit taste sempai.
>>
>>342839994
Yes there fucking is, you memer. Within that one screenshot, there are 10 different sidequests.
>Setting up the probe on top of Talon rock
>Saving that one Nopon
>Saving that one girl
>Those 3 guys who tried killing you in the cave
And then a couple of huge flying bosses, those bird tyrants you have to kill, and several more that I don't fully remember, mostly just the Cristophs affinities.
>>
File: 328.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
328.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
Any suggestions on this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFirvxUed1w
Dolls react with all the giant ring things in Oblivia. You can hear bizarre sounds when flying near them / riding them.
>>
>>342840248
This is more of a result of laziness than anything else. It doesn't make any sense for Elma to support anti-Xeno choices because she's never hostile towards peaceful xenos. Beginning of the game she even says you should try to avoid fighting non-hostile races. And she wants to help the Ma-non when she meets them. And is favor of an alliance with the Wrothians. Its just the lazy way they did the affinity system
>>
File: 1357082389681.jpg (160 KB, 680x680) Image search: [Google]
1357082389681.jpg
160 KB, 680x680
>>342840302
>far tighter experience
Fucking buzzwords
>careful design
Fucking buzzwords
>had a lot more thought put into it
You cannot argue that in good faith.
>>
>>342839979
>You can talk to NPCs about them.

All 10 of them you mean? And how the fuck would humans know about an ancient ruin far off in the desert? How is that better or more careful game design than actually being able to explore and learn about it on your own? How does that reward exploration in ANY way, when you gotta come across some random sameface NPC in NLA to tell you about someshit you discovered. It completely kills the feeling of having found some ancient secret when some asshole who was programmed into the game basically beat you to it.

Why even bother to explore at all when the rewards you get for exploring are shit, and the lore you get you can basically learn from generic characters in NLA. Why not just stick around in NLA and that's it? It's a game about exploration, it does little to motivate players to explore. How can you defend this?
>>
>>342840513
It's not lazy, it's just characterization for her. She isn't hostile to them, she just doesn't like them. I remember that one Army Pizza guy who killed the Ma-non, and the one choice you get to "side" with him, she gives affinity. She's anti-xeno, just not actively hostile to them. Probably because she's had past dealings with the races, given that she knew what Ma-non were, and she specifically went to save humans because she needed their help to bring down the Ganglion and their crime syndicate, which was using most of those xeno species she is against.
>>
>>342840448
>Setting up yet another probe, but this one is locked until you get the flight unit, and it's pretty much the quest you must fulfill the moment you get it.
>Killing aliens
>Killing aliens
>Killing aliens

WOW, SO MUCH FUCKING VARIETY! BRILLIANT GAME DESIGN!!

The entire game is nothing but setting up probes and killing aliens. There's nothing else to do!
>>
>>342840452
Metal scraping across metal. Sounds kind of like tires on a highway. Dunno how to explain it, but that's roughly the sound I get when going 70 MPH down a highway.
>>
>>342840738
>she specifically went to save humans because she needed their help to bring down the Ganglion and their crime syndicate
Wrong. She didn't know human DNA was lethal to Ganglion. She only finds out about that when Lao tells everyone.
>>
>>342840529
>using the buzzwords meme to defend your opinion even though his argument was perfectly valid.

I miss /v/ before reddit took over. We had less memers around back then.
>>
File: 331.png (3 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
331.png
3 MB, 1920x1080
>>342840849
This didn't work in Cauldros with all that metal stuff. I dunno.
>>
>>342840607
No, tons of NPCs can shed light on the subject. You learn, from the Ma-non I believe, that the giant rings were made by an ancient alien race that used them to get the fuck out of Mira, which traps people (like Professor B, the Ma-non, and the Ganglion) there.

It's not more careful design, and I can't argue that it's better or worse, but it rewards you for doing sidequests and paying attention to street chatter. I love the system, because pretty much everything but the ruins in Cauldros and Oblivia are explained fully, and I'm assuming the latter two will be expanded on in the sequel.

>How can you defend this?
Because that's not how it is at all. The game rewards you for exploring NLA and talking to the right NPCs and doing the right quests. You have to do more than sight-see, which is fantastic. I don't like games that are a fucking themepark ride, usually.
>>
>>342831852
Now that I've seen this, I'll never feel like the game wasn't missing something.
>>
File: g11[1].jpg (60 KB, 740x565) Image search: [Google]
g11[1].jpg
60 KB, 740x565
>>342840915
She knew before hand. That's why she called Goetia a Samaar bitch.

>>342840958
But he was literally using buzzwords that had no real meaning. "Far tighter experience" means nothing outside of describing a vagina or getting stuck exploring a cave.
>>
I noticed two things recently on my second playthrough, spoilers for the main story and Yelv's affinity missions
First, I'm pretty sure Elma and Lin know what J-bodies are. When Elma brings the MC back to NLA for the first time Lin asks if its one of the "you-know-who's" and Elma says yes. And we know Elma trained Yelv before the story.
Second, In Lao's first affinity mission where you help his team in the desert, you meet one his of teammates named Mondo. Mondo doesn't talk much, one of the other guys introduces him, and he doesn't say any lines in Oblivia, only one line once you're back in NLA. Tatsu comments twice in two different scenes about how he's getting a similar vibe from Mondo and the MC.
Could Mondo be a J-body? Is Eleanora placing J-bodies on teams throughout BLADE?
>>
I loved it. I can sort of see how some might not like it, especially coming off of Xenoblade Chronicles on the Wii.

But as it's own game, it's amazing and gets far too much hate. Exploring Mira is extremely fun.
>>
>>342841313
>That's why she called Goetia a Samaar bitch.
Well of course she knew what the Samaarians were and that they were the creators of the Ganglion. She didn't know human DNA was lethal to them.
Show me one piece of evidence that Elma knows what human DNA does to Ganglion. The first time she learns about it is when Lao tells them after he absorbed Luxaar's memories.
>>
File: Eleonora.png (2 MB, 1344x756) Image search: [Google]
Eleonora.png
2 MB, 1344x756
>>342841387
MC is j-body, definitely

I'm ready for phase two, MonolithSoft.
>>
I didn't like this game but I also never played it.
>>
>>342841545
Because she knew humans were descendants of the Samaar, and that the Samaar had made the Ganglion weak to Samaar blood so that if one ever spilled Samaar blood, they'd die.

That was literally the point of the Ganglion. They're artificial life designed to be slaves to the Samaar, and the humans are the only surviving descendants of the Samaar. That's why Elma went to help the humans out, specifically. She says as much in the post game, and then asks if you're still okay with her.
>>
>>342841545
this is correct because Elma was confused as to why the Ganglion would have so much fear towards their real bodies but not the mims.
>>
>>342841796
>and that the Samaar had made the Ganglion weak to Samaar blood so that if one ever spilled Samaar blood, they'd die.
There's no evidence she knew this. Hell, there's no evidence anyone outside the ganglion and samaar knew this.
>>
>>342841651
>>342841387
Yelv was DLC, I doubt that's what they had in mind. My theory was that the MC is a storage vessel for something, seeing as they're the only ones that can look odd, why the MC doesn't have any recollections of what happened before they left their pod, and why they still know things like The Art of War, as evidenced by when you talk to the one nerdy-ass Prone on the Ma-non ship.
>>
>>342829472
We cant agree with that
>>
>>342841983
He's DLC but he still appears in the game as a regular NPC if you don't buy it. It was also launch DLC so yes, that is what they planned.
>>
>>342841916
No evidence besides the fact that she went and helped the humans specifically, instead of the more valuable Wrothians, Orpheans, or Ma-non. All of them were smarter or more biologically advanced than humans, but humans were the ones she helped. Not to mention it's implied she's the one that alerted the Government in 2054 about the ayy lmaos coming to fight over other, since there isn't any other way they would know about such an event happening before hand.
>>
>>342841796
>>342841916
There's also no evidence that she knew humans were descendants of Samaarians. If she knew, she would've told Chausson and Vandham (presumably in secret) after the Ma-non brought them up in Chapter 5.
>>
>>342842207
Her helping out the humans specifically is enough evidence for me. She refuses to explain a lot of shit. The Samaar don't get brought up again after you kill Goetia, except for the final chapter.

I don't doubt Elma would've kept that stuff a secret.
>>
>>342842138
>All of them were smarter or more biologically advanced than humans, but humans were the ones she helped.
That still isn't evidence that she knows about the lethality of human DNA. It could just be that those races were already wiped out by the time she decided to make her move. Or perhaps that Elma is a race of aliens that help evacuate planets threatened by the Ganglion and Samaar, who knows. We literally don't know anything else about her people or where she comes from.
>Not to mention it's implied she's the one that alerted the Government in 2054 about the ayy lmaos coming to fight over other, since there isn't any other way they would know about such an event happening before hand.
I don't think this is implied, just outright stated as such.
>>
>>342841162
>342841162
I wasn't referring to the rings in Oblivia. I was referring to the egyptian ruins you find in caves and shit. Who were those people, what were they worshiping, what am I looking at exactly, why is it there?

There's a lot of uenxplained shit in the game, tons of ruins and caves you explore that give you basically nothing (also, all caves using the same music was very jarring). I don't like the system in the slightest because it ruins the point of exploring. There's nothing to do in the world, and that's the world. I hate that the game has such good art direction only for it to be wasted on poor worldbuilding and storytelling. Yes, XCX for me was a MASSIVE frustration. I enjoyed the previous game a lot more, despite it being very flawed. XCX did nothing to fix those flaws, and added a lot more into the mix by adding all these weird multiplayer components that ruined the immersion of the game.

Also, Takahashi has said that if we does a sequel to the Blade series, it wouldn't be a direct sequel to XCX and it would be massively different. So you'll be waiting forever.

XCX was initially gonna go in a different direction, but the end result was this mess that was thrown together and won't be finished. What pisses me off about XCX and especially the fact that people defend it, is taht the game COULD have been very good in fact, the pieces were there, but the focus was misdirected, and people defending that sort of shit sends devs a message that that's the sort of shit we wanna see, when in fact it's not. I wanna see XCX be the game it COULD have been, the game that was promised, the game they planned in the artbooks and concept art. Not the rushed and rifled mess we got.

That's why I'm so critical of this game.

>>342841313
Tighter experience isn't buzzwords you mong. Tighter experience means that you have less dull pauses in the game, and the mechanics carry you through from one engaging moment to another.

Learn some fucking game design ffs.
>>
>>342835917
you madman, do you not like getting boxed games for your collection anon ?
>>
File: 1366054544789.gif (451 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1366054544789.gif
451 KB, 480x360
Can Elma breed with humans?
>>
>>342829472
Too bad /v/ spoiled me "something" about androids and now it's pointless for me to play the game.
>>
>>342835953
yes you can use the gamepad to control it or pro controller
>>
>>342842638
I assume their biology would be too different.
>>
>>342842495
All of those races were recently enslaved by the Ganglion. Only the Prone and the Marnuck willingly served the Ganglion. Not to mention that if she cared more about stopping the Ganglion than saving humanity, she would have just helped out the Ghost at the beginning of the game. They were really close to destroying the Ganglion completely while the lifepods evacuated Earth. If she didn't care about humans surviving, for one reason or another, she wouldn't have spent valuable time getting the projects together.
>>
>>342842686
yeah Sin is Jecht, guess you can't play FFX now.
Its an early game twist anon.
>>
>>342829472
> no dual audio
> censored

Never touched it but I heard there's an uncut/undub patch. Maybe it's time to pirate it
>>
>>342829472
i love Xenoblade Chronicles so much beacuse its amazing main story. with X its the opposite. it suffers from having a shity main story while every side content was much more entertaining. i just loved exploring the world and finding secret places. and once you get a mech and the fly module, i loved it even more.

it was a good game over all. put 200 hours into and it help that i was playing with you guys and /vg/. felt like we explored the world together and sharing our secrets.
>>
>>342829472
We can agree its fucking shit cuz it is.
>>
>>342835917
>No Fatal Frame on disc
I want NoA to rot in hell.
>>
>>342842473
>She refuses to explain a lot of shit.
So you think Elma will end up being the Miang of xenoblade or what?
>>
>>342842772
It's good even in spite of that stuff. I was apprehensive going in, but it was literally the one game I wanted above anything else.

I still haven't gotten #FE, or FE Fates, or Fatal Frame V because of the censorship, though. Hopefully they cool it with the censorship for Zelda U. I don't want Link to be in a burqa for being too feminine.
>>
File: 1449406566238.jpg (465 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
1449406566238.jpg
465 KB, 1280x720
my 2edgy4u charterer
>>
>>342829472
I really want to get back to it but I know there's enough content to where I won't get anything else finished if I start now.
>>
>>342840837
Fucking this.
>>
>>342842932
I do. She's secretive as hell, and refuses to explain anything until it's too late. She doesn't explain mims to you until your see your blue blood pouring out of your sockets, she doesn't explain the Samaar to you until the end, and there's probably plenty of other things that I've forgotten about.

I need to replay it and catch everything I missed.
>>
>>342842945
>I don't want Link to be in a burqa for being too feminine.
No one cares when you sexualize men anon. The women in the treehouse stream made him strip and shiver in the cold to ogle him.
>>
>>342842771
Is the thing about adroids "something something" being them a early twist?

If it is than I'm pickng the fucking game up.
>>
>>342843020
Do it in a couple of months when there's a lull in game releases. You should have it done before Breath of the Wild is out.
Thread replies: 255
Thread images: 55

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.