[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it good or just a quirky grinding simulator?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: disgaeapc.jpg (40 KB, 460x215) Image search: [Google]
disgaeapc.jpg
40 KB, 460x215
Is it good or just a quirky grinding simulator?
>>
>>342827786
both actually
>>
>>342827847
I don't see how those aren't mutually exclusive.
>>
>>342827786
both
>>
File: 151580_-_копия1.jpg (17 KB, 244x246) Image search: [Google]
151580_-_копия1.jpg
17 KB, 244x246
>>342827786
Its a pretty good game that you can invest tons of time into if you want you should really check it out if you're into SRPGS its pretty essential for that genre at this point.
>>
>>342827786
It is both but the grinding part being optional. If you go on the grinding path thou the rewards are nice. It was the game that eased me into liking more "grindy" games.
>>
>>342827786
Hmmm, is disgaea pc a port of hour of darkness?

I've already played the ds version
>>
File: 1452891039777.jpg (237 KB, 1253x1920) Image search: [Google]
1452891039777.jpg
237 KB, 1253x1920
>>342827786
Both.

Also very nice art style with semen demons.
>>
>>342828317
>If you go on the grinding path thou the rewards are nice. It was the game that eased me into liking more "grindy" games.
Indeed. It's an optional path for those who want to see how deep the rabbit hole goes.

And it goes deep, far beyond the main story.
>>
>>342829148
And still the main story on its own is enough to satisfy. I remember playing PS2 version as a kid for 700 hours, mom was pissed when she saw that save file.
>>
It's a surprisingly cool battle and unit system ruined by infinite cringe.

Seriously, I had to stop playing this game because it got so full of itself with its "silliness".

Strap a good story and a world that actually takes itself seriously to this concept though and greatness will follow.
>>
>>342829619
It's written like a childish morning cartoon after all.
Never felt like storytelling was Nippon Ichi's strong suit.
>>
I liked Prinny better
>>
>>342829619
I read books and watch movies tho so the only stories I can really stand in vidya are tongue in cheek ones since I'm already completely satisfied as far as wanting really good stories. Meaning with video games I just want fun gameplay.

I can understand if someone was really deprived in that area however. I mean bioshock infinite and naughtydog games have to be made for someone, right?
>>
>>342827786
The main story can be finished with only a little grind. But if you're still starving, the aftergame allows you to go batshit insane with numbers
>>
How bad is the upscaled background on the pc version? Post pics pls.
>>
>>342828818
>This looks hot to some people
Ok, i think i'll pass then
>>
>>342833229
Plenty to take your place, homo.
>>
>>342833229
the face kills it for me desu
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.