[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Loved Arkham Knight, never played the original two Rocksteady
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4
File: Arkham Knight.jpg (17 KB, 279x357) Image search: [Google]
Arkham Knight.jpg
17 KB, 279x357
Loved Arkham Knight, never played the original two Rocksteady Arkham games. Their remasters are coming out next month, should I buy or save my money?
>>
Everything we've seen about remasters looks like a downgrade on PC. If you're getting it on PS4 then fair enough, but if you're on PC jus grab Asylum and City for $5 each right now.
>>
>>342826050
>loved arkham knight
I am so sorry

>should I get the remasters
They're worse than the original games graphically so no
>>
>>342826141
I don't necessarily get all the hate around arkham knight. The batmobile combat is terrible. But other than that I thought it was a damn good game.
>>
>>342826050
Why would you buy a remaster of a game that came out last gen?
You can probably pick up the first 3 for cheap on pc or whatever console you happen to have, they were on everything. Don't give money to these cunts and their "remaster" bullshit.
>>
>>342826262
Play asylum and city and see why it's shit
>>
>>342826050
Since you started with AK, you probably won't like them.
Arkham City is much slower and there's no batmobile, and Arkham Asylum is barely open world.
Started with AK, couldn't move past 4 hours of AA and had to force myself to finish AC.
>>
>>342826262
The pc release was a trainwreck and might be where most of the bad vibes are coming from. I know I got a refund on my copy because it was unplayable even after they tried to patch it.
It was fun for the hour I played it, but I heard there are no boss fights. Fuck that.
>>
>>342826050
NO, STAY THE FUCK AWAY FROM IT

ANYONE TELLING YOU YES IS A FUCKING RETARD MILLENNIAL
>>
File: 1442733262891.jpg (173 KB, 1263x669) Image search: [Google]
1442733262891.jpg
173 KB, 1263x669
>>342826050
>Their remasters are coming out next month, should I buy or save my money?
>>
File: kys.png (394 KB, 600x800) Image search: [Google]
kys.png
394 KB, 600x800
>>342826407
jesus christ, could you be any more of a total pleb?

ew your post makes me puke, just kys faggot

KYS
>>
File: original.jpg (60 KB, 1024x576) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
60 KB, 1024x576
Have they said anything about fixing the shaders yet?
>>
>>342826612
Goddamn it, the remaster's eyebrows look like they were painted on this pic with Paint.
>>
>>342826262
This. People just like to a have a reason to complain.
>>
The remasters will go to the literally-what list of next-gen remasters along with Deadpool, El Fuck DMC and Bioshock Infinite.
>>
First game I had on PS4, OP. Loved it, the boss battles were pretty boring though, I hate that they restricted them to Batmobile combat--which I didn't have a problem with--the fact that it was STEALTH Batmobile combat is the issue. Recyling AK's boss fight for Deathstroke was a crime.

But the batmobile bomb disarm combat IMO was genuinely fun, especially on higher tiers where you really have to make proper use the the dash and time your shots right.

manbat scared the hell out of me the first time
>>
>>342826407
>Started with AK,
hmmmmmm
>>
>>342826612
they're chink mobile devs that do ports on the cheap

they don't give a shit about quality control
>>
>>342826262
If you haven't played the first two, I can get that. I'm playing through Knight now, finally, and I still like it quite a bit, it's just a weaker experience all around outside of the fucking fantastic visuals. Knight was building on two prior games and wound up less focused because of it. The batmobile is the least of the problems, in my opinion.
>>
>>342826709
What about Joker in the NG+?
>>
>>342826985
Haven't gone yet. At like 98% completion because there's a shit ton of Riddler missions and autism won't just let me start a new playthrough.
>>
>>342826705
The DMC remaster was pretty good as far as remasters go so it's a shame it fucked up so hard.
>>
>>342826141

Screw you. The only shit thing about Knight is the bossfights. Everything else is almost perfect.
>>
>>342828014
>shoehorned batmobile to do tedious shit
No
>>
>>342828221
>breaking up spamming square and the occasional triangle with other gameplay types
>WAAHHH

Non-stealth batmobile combat was absolutely necessary. After four games of very little change, it was really time to incorporate the most iconic aspect of the character's gadgetry. Please, stop posting about a character you've only known about from games.
>>
>>342826262
>The batmobile combat is terrible.

but it wasn't

Once you got used to how it worked, it was fun.

the game is a legit 9/10
>>
>>342826424
I read that the game was optimized fo 720p, and most graphical problems only occur when playing at 1080p
>>
>>342826463
Didn't know we had such a big baby boomer population on here.
>>
>>342826262
I recently replayed it on NG+ and while it's not a bad game it misses so many opportunities to take it from a decent game to a great game.

As for the remasters just buy the GOTY editions instead.
>>
>>342828696
If that's true then I'm glad I returned it. What a stupid thing for them to do.
>>
>>342826050

Considering Arkham Knight is the best in the franchise, there's a good chance you might not enjoy them as much. Especially Asylum and Origins.

I'd still recommend revisiting at least City, though.
>>
>>342828536
This. As absurd as it is to have a batmobile decked out with machine guns and cannons, they actually did a great job translating the on-foot brawling to vehicular combat.

It has the exact same flow, with you using built-up combo energy to pop off specials. Batarangs are replaced by the machine guns, the cannons are your punches, the boost dash is your vault.

The only meaningful difference is that instead of countering attacks, you're weaving inbetween them, and it's a lot faster paced as a result.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.