[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Just finished this. Is it good?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5
File: Gone_Home.png (1 MB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Gone_Home.png
1 MB, 1280x720
Just finished this.

Is it good?
>>
File: lego movie.webm (3 MB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
lego movie.webm
3 MB, 640x480
>>342817990
>>
It would be an okay atmospheric, narrative focused game if all the attention didn't go to the fucking teen novel romance story, and they came up with a better excuse for the house to be empty than "Your parents went to a couples retreat and your sister ran off with Ms. Perfect to go happily ever after".
>>
Why don't you inform us OP you're the one who finished it.
>>
>>342818358
>your sister ran off with Ms. Perfect to go happily ever after".
Now that is obviously a work of fiction.
>>
>>342818486
The game vaguely foreshadows that your sister is gonna kill herself and then the final diary entry says Ms. Super-Special-Awesome-Gamer-JROTC-PunkRawk-Girl gets off the bus taking her to basic training to run away with milquetoast mcgee and then literally shows a shot of a fucking heart locket with the girls' initials.
Like seriously what is this "Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist for Lesbians"?
>>
File: Nuclear.png (279 KB, 1436x1082) Image search: [Google]
Nuclear.png
279 KB, 1436x1082
>Just finished this
>Asking if it's good

Why don't you tell us? You already experienced it, or are you too pathetic and afraid of others opinions to express yourself?
>>
Played and finished in one session yesterday. I loved the narrative, no matter how simple it was, but the exploration part needed some work. The trophies are dumn and hiding notes robs you of narrative since these games are not that replayable. Either make a story game or an exploration game but they kind of shot themselves in the foot with this one.
>>
>>342817990
It was a very, very cliched teen love story. I guess some would argue that it's not cliched because it's two girls, but seriously, replace one of the girls with an identical male character and it reads just like a 90's teen romcom, including parents who just don't understand, the unapproachable teen crush who takes the protagonist into their super special and unique world, and very terrible music.

More pointedly, it has no reason to be a video game. It does nothing with the medium, which would be fine, but I think the pointless gameplay only gets in the way of whatever story the creator was trying to tell. It feels like someone's film script that got chopped up into little pieces and strewn about a house, and now I have to traverse it at a snails pace just to read the kinda shitty script.

The only real commendation I can give it is that it (maybe unintentionally) fooled me into thinking it might be a horror game to begin with. That made me pay more attention to my surroundings and made me a little hesitant to just go charging down a dark hallway. And when walking is your only gameplay, I guess tricking the player into walking more slowly is the closest thing you can get to challenge?

So, no. The game you played is not good, in my opinion. It's kinda crappy.
>>
>>342817990
>Just finished this.
>Is it good?

Nigga, you just finished it, can't you even form your own opinion?
>>
File: 1466126494578.jpg (756 KB, 1217x4887) Image search: [Google]
1466126494578.jpg
756 KB, 1217x4887
Reminder, creators were personal friends of corrupted gaming journalists and that's how they got their perfect scores.

The game did not get it's scores based on merit, but by knowing the right people. This game represents everything wrong with the indie scene and gaming journalists.
>>
>>342820539
That's pretty scummy, I'd rather have a shit score for my first game than have this stain on my image.

Why want a perfect score anyway, I'm making my first game with a small team and it's absolutely cliche, of course it's a pixel indie sidescrolling platformer. It's a first game of a studio that doesn't even have a name yet, and I want people to criticize it as much as they can so the next game is less shit, and we'll make a good game years from now
>>
File: 1416140293307.jpg (29 KB, 500x333) Image search: [Google]
1416140293307.jpg
29 KB, 500x333
Gaming journalists aren't real gamers.
>>
>>342819387
ah thanks anon, i popped in just to look for this cap.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.