[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
3DS hax'd
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.jpg (2 MB, 2300x2080) Image search: [Google]
Nintendo-3DS-AquaOpen.jpg
2 MB, 2300x2080
Welp, I finally got around to it, /v/. I hacked my 3DS! Now I need some good games to play.

What are some games you would recommend that will keep interesting for a while?
>Last time I had a 3DS was back at the beginning of 2013
>>
no one cares
>>
How easy was it, OP?

I haven't even touched my 3ds in years but I would definitely pick it back up if I was finally able to have more than one pirated game on it.
>>
File: 3d.jpg (4 MB, 2359x3226) Image search: [Google]
3d.jpg
4 MB, 2359x3226
take youR pick.
>>
>>342817274
It really wasn't that hard at all. Just a lot of reading carefully and making sure you manage files right. I researched for quite a while so I knew exactly what I was doing, but the actual process of hacking can take you like 3-4 hours. It's totally worth it though.
I used this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
>>
File: 1404966877630.png (2 KB, 356x29) Image search: [Google]
1404966877630.png
2 KB, 356x29
>!
Monster Hunter 3U
Monster Hunter 4U
Monster Hunter X/Generations
Shin Megami Tensei IV
Ocarina of Time 3D
Majora's Mask 3D
A Link Between Worlds
Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright/Conquest
Zero Escape: Virtues Last Reward/Zero Time Dilemma
Etrian Odyssey IV/Untold/2 Untold
SMT: Devil Survivor Overclocked/2 Record Breaker
Tales of the Abyss
Fantasy Life
SSB4

>>342817274
A retard could do it, I did it twice. It's virtually impossible to fail. Use Plailex's a9lh guide, do not stray from it.
>>
Kirby games
Zelda games
Mario games
FE games
Pokemon games
MH4U
AC: New Leaf if you're into this kind of thing
Fantasy Life, as above
Rune Factory 4
Kid Icarus
VLR and ZTD (just leaked) if you're into VNs / puzzle games (play 999 first tho)
Stella Glow
Bravely Default and Bravely Second
HM Project Mirai DX
Senran Kagura Burst and Deep Crimson (only if you have N3DS and/or don't mind poor framerate)

also:
get a cheap DS flashcart and enjoy the entirety of DS library
Laytons
TWEWY
Infinite Space
Radiant Historia
Pokemon games
Ghost Trick
Advance Wars
Golden Sun
etc

http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_3DS
http://vsrecommendedgames.wikia.com/wiki/Nintendo_DS
>>
>>342817293
Man this picture is handy as fuck. I already see a lot of titles that look good. Anyone try that new Kirby Robot game? How is it?
last Kirby game I played was Magic Mirror and I loved it
>>
>>342817554
>>342817515

Cool, thanks guys. Glad to see that over the past two years it's evolved into a usable, worthwhile hack.
>>
>>342817707
easy as fuck, but enjoyable
>>
File: Aphex.jpg (22 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
Aphex.jpg
22 KB, 400x396
>>342817690
I didn't even know DS flashcarts were a thing. Holy shit. Where can I get one? I've REALLY been wanting to play Rhythm Heaven for the DS again. Amazing game.

>>342817730
Yeah it's pretty great. I sold my 3DS back in 2013 because I never used it and I'm glad I got one again.
>tfw your retarded stoner friend sells you his 3DS along with 3 games for $55
Such a damn good deal
>>
>>342818106
> Not knowing Rhythm Heaven and other regular DS titles run on an unmodded 3Ds.

Seriously? Stop smoking weed. Your braincells are clearly dying en masse.
>>
>>342818106
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Flashcart_Comparison_Chart

If you don't have CFW they will not work with 3DS. However if you DO have a hacked console, and a CFW, most of the CFW do patch the flashcart support (Luma does for sure).

As to which one to get - doesn't really matter, I use a cheap Ace card a friend gave to me (he bought it for like $3) and it works great. Most people recomment R4i SDHC (you can get it for like $5-$8) as it works well with flashcard forwarder (https://gbatemp.net/threads/nds-forwarder-cias-for-your-home-menu.426174/) - you don't need to enter the flashcard menu, you can launch your games directly from your 3DS homemenu.

Unfortunately my cart doesn't work with forwarder, but I don't care that much about it.

also, like this >>342818423
guy said, DSi games can run without flashcarts
>>
>>342818579
>guy said, DSi games can run without flashcarts
DSiWare I meant
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_DSiWare_games_and_applications
>>
>>342818423
>>342818579
>I didn't know DS flashcarts were a thing
>DS flashcarts
>flashcarts

Jesus can you guys not read? Of course I knew that but I'm talking about CFW here.
But anyway >>342818579
thanks for the info
I fucking hate weed anyway
>>
>>342818579
Where do you get them that cheap?
>>
File: 1466821248620.png (1 MB, 1836x1040) Image search: [Google]
1466821248620.png
1 MB, 1836x1040
I downloaded fire emblem sacred stones for the virtual console and I keep getting told there is an error loading it and to turn off the system, same thing happens with a few dsi titles, what is a boy to do?
>>
>>342820191
Is your 3DS already hacked? I've had the same thing happen to me for some reason, except I don't get an error message. It just freezes on a black screen when I try to run Super Mario World on Virtual Console
>>
what hax did you use? a9lh I hope.
>>
>>342820504
I sure did use a9lh. I'm so glad I did too, can't believe I can keep my 3DS updated and keep my hax. Do you know if it's possible that a9lh won't work anymore in a future update?
>>
>>342820336
Mine is hacked yes. If you're installing games from cias for the virtual console it'll have errors
>>
everybody ITT
>>>/vg/hbg
>>>/vg/nintyg
your lives will change for the better
>>
>>342817080
Can someone post the best guide to do that?
I really don't want to fuck up my 3DS, so I'd prefer a really handholding guide.
>>
>>342822148
>>>/hbg/
>>
>>342822148
This >>342817515 guide is by far the best one and it gives you the most superior CFW. Just follow all the directions carefully and your chances of fucking up your 3DS are literally none.
>>
Little Battlers is kind of fun. It starts off slow but you can customize your own robot, even separate arms.
>>
>>342817080
This is the part where you realized you wasted $60-100 on a console with only a handful of worthy games.
>>
>>342822910
Actually I paid $55 for my 3DS and 3 games along with it. I'd say it's pretty damn worth it.

>tfw I bought a Vita a year ago and hardly played it
I'm actually a huge fan of Sony stuff but the Vita really disappointed me with its games.
>>
Play 999.
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.