[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Doom 4- rip off of Halo
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
File: maxresdefault.jpg (320 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
320 KB, 1920x1080
Why the hell did they fuck up the series and make it into a Halo clone? Did we really need another one of those? Unplayable levels, enemies that soak up damage like nothing and are unsatisfying to kill, silly platforming on an FPS - complete with double jump a' la Halo! What a fucking disgrace
>>
>>342811427
Halo had many inspirations from Doom anyway. They both were more about positional tactics than they were precision, and had very similar main characters. If game 2 is inspired by game 1, then it's okay for game 1-2 to be inspired by game 2 imo.
>>
>>342811427
30 replies complaining about levels
Another 20 complaining about graphics
And 15 replies about no modding

Great thread OP
>>
>complete with double jump a'la halo

shitpost detected
>>
>>342811427
>positional tactics
>classic doom

Howtoberetarded.jpg
>>
>>342812091
come on, you cant be that dense. Its more COD or Halo than DOOM
>>
>>342812309
it is though. what is classic doom about if not that? it's all about dodging projectiles, being in the right spot at the right time, and using the best weapon for the job.
>>
But you can carry more than 2 guns
>>
The game really isn't anything special and not as super cool awesome as some people make it out to be but you are a false flagging dickhead
>>
>>342813351
not my fault you havent even played the game there squirt
>>
>>342812451
You clearly didn't play them.

All three have different health systems

Movement,despite being slower, is still way faster in DOOM than COD or Halo

Halo doesn't have fucking double jumps

No demon rune equivalents in either

All three have noticeably different movement abilities

Combat is completely different in all three

No rechargeable health

TTK varies wildly in DOOM because of health pickups
>>
>>342813994
Getting power ups every time you kill an enemy might as well count as regenerating health
>>
just bought this thinking maybe ill refund it if i don't like it after 2 hours

look at clock after im done playing ive already played 5 hours just looking around for secrets and doing challenges
>>
>soak up damage

are you retarded
>>
>>342814218
Killing somebody doesn't really give enough health for it to be equivalent though. Unless you wipe the floor with the whole team, most of the health you recover comes from pickups spawned on the map.
>>
SP wise this is the best FPS to release in a long long time. I'm already excited at the sequel.

I hope we get to use the sword to rip and tear[spoiler/]
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.