[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to the community? Last time I played DS3 on PS4,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3
What happened to the community?

Last time I played DS3 on PS4, about a month ago, heaps of people were playing. Summon signs out for every boss, invasions all the time, messages everywhere. Picked up to play today and there's nothing, hardly a message around.

I see phantoms around, but no one is doing multiplayer. Threw my summon sign down for Namesless King, Dancer, Dragon Slayer Armour and Soul of Cinder, but nobody will summon me. Use to be a guaranteed summon within a minute of putting your sign down.
>>
FotM shit.

Same thing happened with BB. People are tired of souls games. There will be another surge with the DLC though.
>>
>>342803138

Dark Souls 3 was too much of a rehash.
BB is actually alive and well, as it should be considering it's the magnum opus of the, to quote VaatiVidya, Souls-like genre.
>>
Everyone I see summoning me to help them with Vordt keeps trying to take me in to fight the Dancer instead. Today was the first time I played in a month, I just don't really give a shit any more.
>>
>>342803634
> alive and well
I had to wait almost an hour to summon someone for Logarius
>>
>>342803138
Overwatch came out
>>
>>342803634
>BB is actually alive and well

I just played through it for the first time last month and it was completely dead. Only had 2 invaders the entire game and it was the same guy both times at the start of the Mensis. Only managed to get summoned a few times as well.

I'd imagine Dark Souls 3 would be equally dead though, I certainly haven't even thought about going back to it after finishing it, unlike the first game where I immediately played it through at least twice more after I first finished it.
>>
>>342803138
pvp sucks so the community couldn't die faster
nobody actually plays this game for the coop experience
>>
>>342803918
Who the hell needs help with vordt?
>>
>>342805076
Lots of people don't need help and just summon me for fun. You're not impressing anyone by being a lone wolf in the dark rain.
>>
They destroyed it with a patch and didn't fix it, I went from having a solid framerate to less than 20fps CONSISTENTLY

I seriously believe they ruined it deliberately in a desperate attempt to add difficulty, It's sad desu
>>
>>342804914
I love BB but to be honest they could have done the invasion aspect a little better, since Nightmare Frontier and Nightmare of Mensis are the only PvP areas where you're not guarenteed to fight a gank as an invader. Most invaders just moved on to those areas simply because it takes longer to invade anywhere else.

As for co-op, I still get plenty of summons the harder or more popular bosses, obviously something like the Witch of Hemwick and Celestial Emissary is not going to have much traffic.
>>
>>342803138
The way online functions (or rather doesn't) right now has killed the longevity of the game. Not much else to say.
>>
>>342803138
>Threw my summon sign down for Namesless King, Dancer, Dragon Slayer Armour and Soul of Cinder, but nobody will summon me. Use to be a guaranteed summon within a minute of putting your sign down.
Fuck you talking about? I was getting summoned within 10 seconds of putting my summons for nameless all day today. I made 10 or so sunlight medals, and thats only because half the time the host was a retard that got himself killed.
>>
File: 1411150557026.jpg (20 KB, 288x499) Image search: [Google]
1411150557026.jpg
20 KB, 288x499
>25 hours and still not a single summon for the Darkmoons

Should I just give up getting those ears?
>>
DS3 is shit, everyone returned either to 2 or 1
>>
>>342805956
Really? I hang around for 15 min before bailing. And when I look for a summon to help me out, there's never a sign around.

>>342806075
That's surprising. Nearly every person I invade has a blue phantom with them
>>
>>342803634
I got tired of BB in a week, at least DS3 petered out after a month. Don't get me wrong, BB is a great game the DLC alone is worth buying it for, but it's too punishing for your average player. Orphan of kos on NG+4 was a fucking nightmare, but in a good way. I seriously doubt the majority of BB players have beaten him.
>>
File: 1455410548745.jpg (567 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
1455410548745.jpg
567 KB, 1000x1000
What level should you be at for soul of cinder? I'm at level 80, and can't beat his first phase. Am I underlevelled, or do I need to git gud?
>>
>>342806945
i'm not very good but I beat him at 90
>>
>>342806945

Just practice. End levels for Souls games are typical 70-80. I beat Nameless and Soul of Cinder at 78.
>>
>>342806512
Are you sure you're not over/under leveled? Im on xbox and all i do is get summoned and get invaded.
>>
In this thread we list things Dark Souls 2 did that were far better than Dark Souls 3. I'll start:

>Chugging Estus immobilizes you, and the heal isn't instantaneous meaning trying to chug while someone is sticking close to you will result in death

>Can only perform four rolls before running out of stamina

>Can only perform 5 attacks of a rapier or straight sword before running out of stamina

>Stamina regeneration is tied to weight, so a character at 10% burden will recover their bar faster than a character at 70% burden, giving an advantage and a reason to make a low burden character

>Poise exists and armor provides relevant, but not overpowering damage reduction, giving an advantage and a reason to make a high burden character

>Phantoms and Dark Spirits cannot chug estus, spirits can only heal via spell useage which is slow. This makes fighting outnumbered even without mob assistance possible since any damage you do sticks.

>Parrying has longer recovery frames and consumes more stamina, making parry fishing riskier and makes parrying require higher skill

>Power stance allowing for unique combinations of dual wielding and unlocking an alternative moveset for weapons

>Being able to use the full moveset of a weapon in your off-hand including running, rolling, backstepping, etc. attacks rather than just being able to do a basic R1 swing and blocking with the weapon as it is in Ds3 (lmao who would ever want to weapon block)

>Non-linear first half of the game allows you to rush straight to the areas of the game that contain the items for your build

>Fun PvP covenants that were unique

>Bell Tower covenant providing two unique optional areas to PvP for Titanite Chunks, Slabs, and Twinkling, making farming for upgrades fun

>Rat covenant providing two unique optional areas for pvp that heavily involve the environment for pharros lockstone farming

>Blue Sentinel covenant had cracked blue orbs for arbiter invading and punishing sinners
>>
>>342807428
Level 75 for Nameless King. I should be getting picked up every time...
>>
>PvP in 3 is shit just like souls 2
>only die-hard fans continue to play
>everyone else beats it twice and then stops playing

All they had to do was keep the system from one but for some strange reason they continue to fuck up PvP horribly with each new souls game.
>>
>>342806075
Darkmoon covenant is broken in DS3. All the profiles have a set priority queue for invading, if you are unlucky you have a profile that will literally never get summoned.

The most common "fix" is to make a new account with family share on steam at least.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.