[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Witcher Series
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (150 KB, 900x1242) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
150 KB, 900x1242
Just bought the trilogy on Steam and I've been sitting on The Last Wish for a while. Where should I start?
>>
>>342800443
In release order you pleb
>>
Not OP here.

I feel a bit weak, currently in chapter 2 of the first game with the swamp and shit. Should I be like buying new equipment? And when do I get silver talents.
>>
>>342800634
Well book or games first? Which books? Can I just do the first and then jump into Witcher 1.
>>
>>342800656
You get silver talents like you get bronze talents when you level up. You need to reach higher levels to start getting them by default.

Are you feeling weak because of that red plant thing? It's a mini-boss for a quest if it kicks your ass just run away. If you have gathered meteorites you can forge a new a sword

There are shittons of fun quests you can miss in chapter 1 and 2, do them for experience

check out a guide for meteorite and side quests

http://guides.gamepressure.com/thewitcher/
>>
>>342800443
>Navigate to Steam Help and log in with your Steam account.
>After you have logged in, click on A Purchase.
Find the purchase you would like to refund and click on it
>Select the problem you are having with the product.
>Next, click I'd like to request a refund.

Hope that helps OP
>>
>>342800443
I tried to play the first but it was boring as fuck. Anon told me it gets good 10 hours is. That's when I uninstalled it.
>>
>>342800443
The games. The books vary from meh to all right and are pretty different than the vidya.

>>342800656
Like level 16 or something? I forget but as you keep leveling you get more silver and less bronze then the same with gold.
>>
>>342800443
Read the Last Wish and Sword of Destiny they're pretty great
>>
>>342800945

Lol, yea. It was exactly that red plant.

Not going to read any guides. I actually might replay this game later. It has held up really well for an old game though it's the enhanced edition. The choices you make actually matters. And I like how they straight up tell you what you did right or wrong.
>>
>>342800997
I couldn't put the game down, played three days straight to finish it, then when I looked at all the side quests I missed I felt dumb for rushing it

Playing with the FCR mod on harder difficulties is perfect balance if you do all the side quests
>>
>>342800745
The Last Wish takes place decades before the the events in the games. The last book ends about 2 or 3 years before the events of the first game. There are 7 of them that you must read to understand the story told in them. There was an 8th book that was written but its not important. You could start there or you could just jump into the games and read the books on the side if you want. I know some people like playing the first two games and then reading all the books to mirror Geralt recovering his memories and remembering Yen and Ciri who do not appear in the first two games.
>>
Always play a series starting with the most recent and best game. Witcher 1 is legitimately a 1/10 game. Absolutely shit. They tried to fix the shitty combat but couldn't. Game was just doomed to be shit forever.
>>
File: wreviews.jpg (332 KB, 1575x858) Image search: [Google]
wreviews.jpg
332 KB, 1575x858
>>342801830
No, the game is objectively 8.5/10
>>
>>342801986
>objective
Only children use that word to describe opinions. Objectively Witcher 1 is the worst RPG in the last 20 years. Witcher 2 was a consolized piece of garbage. Witcher 3 was a lame attempt at making a Skyrim clone which failed because it's not even open world. Objectively of course.
>>
>>342802230
>my shitty taste and exaggerations are objective fact

You can see metacritic and user scores for general mood of the game. Most think it's really good, small minority can't get into it and are really angry for some reason
>>
>>342800443
books then games, for the best experience.
>>
>>342801986
>>342802395
why do people need to respond to every shitposter in a thread now?
same thing for tripfags, don't reply and they go away.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.