[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Morgana and Wagahai: Does reddit have a point? >The first
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3
File: 06fd31aa2b[1].jpg (336 KB, 1023x701) Image search: [Google]
06fd31aa2b[1].jpg
336 KB, 1023x701
Morgana and Wagahai:

Does reddit have a point?

>The first time I heard Morgana's usage of "Wagahai", I went absolutely apeshit. Because her very form of a cat and Wagahai usage is a very, clear, big shoutout to Nastume Soseki's "Wagahai wa Neko de aru". It translates to "I am a cat".
>Wagahai wa Neko de aru is written in the first person pov of a cat. Yeah. A flipping cat. It addresses itself as "Wagahai", a very high class nobility way of saying "I", and it's whole internal monologue is written in a very eloquent, high class manner, due to Wagahai not being a feral cat. Throughout the whole story, we follow one cat in the pre-war era of Japan, where the Japanese people's lives are seen through the lens of the cat. There are a lot of inference going on with the texts itself.
>Also Western and Eastern clashing of cultural in the Meiji Era. It's that kind of story.
>>
>>342799057
no, because the game only has english audio
>>
>>342799057
>Here are some quotes from the book that might be a bit relevant:

>"Living as I do with human beings, the more I observe them, the more I am forced to conclude that they are selfish."

>"In the old days, a man was taught to forget himself. Today, it is quite different: he is taught not to forget himself and he accordingly spends his days and nights in endless self-regard. Who can possibly know such peace in such an eternally burning hell?"

>"Thus, as I review the list of my friends and acquaintances, most of them emerge as stained with maniac stigmata of one sort or another. I begin to feel considerably reassured. The truth may simply be that human society is no more than a massing of lunatics."

>"The world’s evaluations of an individual’s social worth, like the slits in my eyeballs, change with time and circumstance. In point of fact my pupil-slits vary but modestly between broad and narrow, but mankind’s judgments turn somersaults and cartwheels for no conceivable reason."

>"It is painfully easy to define human beings. They are beings who, for no good reason at all, create their own unnecessary suffering."

>“The plain fact is that humans, one and all, are merely thieves at heart.”
>>
File: life.gif (2 MB, 400x181) Image search: [Google]
life.gif
2 MB, 400x181
>>342799176
It will come with a JP voice option you shit.

I-it will, right? ;_;
>>
>>342799287
>USAtlus
>dual audio
Pick one
>>
>>342799287
>weeb
>can't read japanese

fuck off
>>
>>342799287
they literally said it wont
but dont worry, their english dubs are very good :^)
>>
>>342799795
if every subfags say that I might actually okay with them
>>
>>342799598
>>342799642
>>342799795
You guys are such fags. There is literally no reason to not do it. Oh well, at least it can be modded in the PC version.
>>
>>342799642
>learning japanese
i am not falling for that trap again.... wasted $100 and 2 months of my time and i cant remember any of those dumb symbols
>>
>>342800187
>i refuse to learn a language but it's sooooo much better than english!
>>
>>342799057

>The first time I heard Morgana's usage of "Wagahai", I went absolutely apeshit. Because her very form of a cat and Wagahai usage is a very, clear, big shoutout to Nastume Soseki's "Wagahai wa Neko de aru"

That's like going apeshit whenever you hear a common cultural meme.

Anyway, I'm not sure what his point is. Wagahai is just a reference to I am a Cat, this is far from the first time it's been done.
>>
>>342800187

I did it myself without paying a cent.
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.