[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I have a friend who just cheats at every fucking game he plays.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6
File: 1464748786509.jpg (469 KB, 2000x2000) Image search: [Google]
1464748786509.jpg
469 KB, 2000x2000
I have a friend who just cheats at every fucking game he plays.

He hasn't played a single souls game without cheating by giving himself infinite health or just turning on cheats right before he dies. He cheats so he can kill monsters in one hit in Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

He cheats at any game that isn't a multiplayer game, but he would if he could. Then he acts baffled when we get pissed at him for it.

How do you guys feel about cheating in games?
>>
>>342787019
maybe i cheat because its more fun for me faggot
>>
Oh yeah, he also cheated in the Sans boss fight in Undertale to give himself infinite health.

>>342787313
Fun in some games comes from overcoming a tough challenge. Cheating and removing that entire challenge is retarded. Without the challenge, you might as well not even play the fucking game.
>>
>>342787462
>Fun in some games comes from overcoming a tough challenge. Cheating and removing that entire challenge is retarded. Without the challenge, you might as well not even play the fucking game.
no?
>>
I don't understand why he cheats, but I also don't understand why you would be pissed at him for it. If that's what he wants to do, then whatever, it's his choice. How is it hurting you in any way?
>>
>>342787462
>Without the challenge, you might as well not even play the fucking game.
This, although if a game has cheats available it's fun to toggle on everything at once and just wreak havoc.
>>
>>342787019
Souls games are unbearable without cheats, I don't see the problem here
>>
>>342787507
The developers did not make the game with the idea that people were just going to cheat, give themselves infinite health and barely play the game.

If you cheat at a game, you're not playing the fucking game. A game has rules, and you're not playing by those rules. It's like playing a board game, then when it looks like you're going to lose, just moving your piece to the end and being like, "LOOK, I WOOOON".

>>342787529
Because I want to play games with him but he keeps ruining it by cheating. Why the fuck should I talk to him about any game if he just fucking cheated at it and invalidated the whole thing
>>
File: 1466465552098.jpg (29 KB, 384x384) Image search: [Google]
1466465552098.jpg
29 KB, 384x384
>>342787507
>>
>>342787873
>The developers did not make the game with the idea that people were just going to cheat, give themselves infinite health and barely play the game.
>If you cheat at a game, you're not playing the fucking game. A game has rules, and you're not playing by those rules. It's like playing a board game, then when it looks like you're going to lose, just moving your piece to the end and being like, "LOOK, I WOOOON".
no?
>>
>>342787019
As long as he's aware that he's fucking awful at video games, who cares?
>>
>>342787686
Yes, but that's a different story. That's available from within the game. No modern game has cheat codes anymore. He uses third party programs to edit the values of things and cheat that way.
>>342787773
Obvious bait.
>>342787929
Obvious bait.
>>
>>342787910
no?
>>
>>342787873
Well if he's cheating in multiplayer games then sure, that's one thing, but in the OP you said he cheats in singleplayer games.
>>
>>342787019
I only cheat if the game is bullshiting me
>>
>>342788143
Well what the fuck is the criteria for "bullshitting" you? It could be fucking anything. Just play the game the developers intended you to play.
>>342788016
Yes, the game wasn't meant to be cheated at. Wouldn't you feel cheated if you spent a ton of time getting good at piano, then you wanted to discuss piano with someone, and it turned out they cheated to get good at piano? You spent like a billion hours getting good and this guy just cheated and completely missed the point of piano in the first place.
>>
>>342788371
Fuck that I'll cheat whenever I damn well please
If a game makes something ridiculously hard I'm going to cheat
If the game has a boss meant for 4 players but doesn't scale to singleplayer then I'm cheating
If the game glitch out and I lose all my shit/progress I'm cheating
Hell if I just want to cheat IM FUCKING CHEATING
>>
>>342789057
>If the game has a boss meant for 4 players but doesn't scale to singleplayer then I'm cheating

What game is this?
>>
File: Moon_Lord.png (130 KB, 300x275) Image search: [Google]
Moon_Lord.png
130 KB, 300x275
>>342789670
>>
>>342789057
>If a game makes something ridiculously hard I'm going to cheat
If it's in the game, it's meant to be beaten. Get Good.
>If the game has a boss meant for 4 players but doesn't scale to singleplayer then I'm cheating
Then get friends? Who am I kidding, cheaters don't have friends.
>If the game glitch out and I lose all my shit/progress I'm cheating
This is the only reason that slightly makes sense.
>>
>>342789670
Borderlands 2
>>
I dislike it, but a game is for fun and if the cheating doesn't take away from my fun (Like using a hack program on a multiplayer game) I really don't care and encourage it. people should enjoy the games they choose to play, and if that means modifying it, so be it.

inb4 fun is a buzzword
>>
There's games where cheating is fin.
General rule of thumb is when you ask yourself if the game had a solid budget dedicated to level design/game design.
You can cheat in minecraft and make a CPU with redstone, or you can hide from creepers.
But when you start cheating in skyrim the initial rush comes from overcoming the challenge rapidly. Then, you realise you're inflating useless numbers in an empty world and the spark of the game is gone completely.
In fact, I ruined couple of games permanently for myself when I was younger and had bad discipline and started cheating whenever I learned cheats exist.
>>
You could project a bunch of psychological issues on your friend like "doesn't understand the value of actual power/talent/ability/achievement/etc.", "denies his own incompetence with power fantasies", "prideless dog", and "would probably enjoy slaughtering children at Monopoly"
>>
>>342787462
>Fun in some games comes from overcoming a tough challenge. Cheating and removing that entire challenge is retarded. Without the challenge, you might as well not even play the fucking game.
You're literally telling people what's fun to them or not? Jesus Christ.
>>
>>342791000
Trips confirm fun things are fun
>>
>>342787313
Die shitstain
>>
Here is my bottom line.

If you're cheating at the game to just instantly win it or make it easier, why the fuck are you playing the game?

There is nothing of value that comes from just cheating to get a game done. You're not having the same experience as other players, so discussing the game with people is impossible. You're not satisfying a personal sense of achievement because you just cheated.
>>
>>342788371
>Yes, the game wasn't meant to be cheated at. Wouldn't you feel cheated if you spent a ton of time getting good at piano, then you wanted to discuss piano with someone, and it turned out they cheated to get good at piano? You spent like a billion hours getting good and this guy just cheated and completely missed the point of piano in the first place.
What a terrible analogy, if they're good at the piano in the end it doesn't matter. In fact it makes you seem like a retard for taking longer to achieve the exact same results.
>>
>>342791682
no?
>>
>>342787019
Why did Sayaka let herself be cucked by one of her friends?
>>
>>342791774
Fine. You're right. Let's just fucking cheat at everything. It's the most efficient thing to do anyway. I'll just start cheating at every fucking game I play now, because it doesn't matter anyway.
>>
>>342791902
She didn't because that's not what cuck means.

She was kind of a vulgar mess, too.
>>
>>342792019
Eh, you need an analogy that makes "the journey is worth more than the destination" so obvious you'd have to be an asshole to think otherwise. Some people spend their life hacking all their life stats to max rather than work for them if they could
>>
>>342791902
Because at that point, she had to deal with too many things (finding out that magical girls turn into witches, her business with Kyouko, the fact that she couldn't live up to the whole "justice" belief she had). That was just the final nail in the coffin for her sanity.
>>
>>342792517
It's impossible. No such analogy exists.

You could make some kind of argument, like:

>Guy 1: "Man, did you play game X? I had to work really hard to beat it, and was rewarded with an amazing story at the end."
>Guy 2: "Nah, I just used cheat engine to cheat my health to 935495, wasted every enemy in 1 hit and then got to see the final cutscene EL OH EL"
>Guy 1: "Dude, what the fuck."

Guy 2 would actually win here, because why the fuck shouldn't he just cheat?
>>
File: 1459857823142.jpg (35 KB, 270x350) Image search: [Google]
1459857823142.jpg
35 KB, 270x350
>>342787873
>The developers did not make the game with the idea that people were just going to cheat, give themselves infinite health and barely play the game.
>What is Saints Row
>What are any games with cheats practically handed out to the player
Why are you trying to dictate how someone has fun? You certainly didn't make the game so you are not nor will you ever be the one who can judge and dictate how someone is allowed to play.
>>
>>342792859
Different case entirely you fucking faggot.

He is using cheat engine, a third party program, to literally change values within the game that give him infinite health. In the game you mention, it's actively handed to the player.
>>
>>342787019
Cheating in multiplayer games is the only way to play. If you play them the legit way, you're wasting time honing your skills or grinding for drops when you can achieve those things in the fraction amount of time with a hack program. It's high risk, high reward. People are so against it because they are simply either too stupid to find hacks themselves or too much of a coward to cheat.
>>
>>342793165
Holy shit, I know you're trolling, but come on.

The point of a fucking game is that it has rules, you follow those rules, you get good at it, and you win, having fun while doing so.

Cheating entirely negates the point of the fucking game.
>>
File: 1466748614276.jpg (222 KB, 1240x786) Image search: [Google]
1466748614276.jpg
222 KB, 1240x786
>>342787313
>I am a massive casual please rape my face
>>
>>342787019
>I have a friend who just cheats at every fucking game he plays.

Why are you friends with a PC gamer? Remember the thread where all the PC players collectively admitted to cheating in their first time through Dark Souls? They don't get it. As long as it looks nicer than the console version, they're content. Their enjoyment has nothing to do with the game; building and optimizing their PC to run games is the hobby itself. The games have nothing to do with it.
>>
>>342793469
no?
>>
>>342787019
You have legit autism, I'm not even kidding

How other people play their single player video games is of no concern to you, and is frankly childish
>>
>>342793279
Hacking has rules, too. The harder you hack, the harder gains you get but it also increases your chances of getting caught. Hacking is just another way of playing the skinnerbox and I would argue it's the most fun way to play.
>>
>>342793279
The point of games isn't playing; it's winning :^)

Fuck these people - would literally throw away human will for perfect robotic bodies and computer brains if they could
>>
>>342793845
im guessing he gloats about being good at these games or at least as good as everyone else even though he cheats.
>>
>>342787019
I also have a friend that cheats at everything. I'm used to it and laugh when he loads up the cheats.
>>
I'm just confused sometimes when people use exploits for stupid easy games like payday 2,mostly Russians desu
>>
File: 1466678804074.png (3 MB, 2939x870) Image search: [Google]
1466678804074.png
3 MB, 2939x870
I cheat occasionally in single player games when I just feel like fucking around. I've only created in one multiplayer game and that was GTA 5. I did it to get myself levels and money and I have my friend levels and money too. Who plays a GTA game just to fucking grind, or pay 100 bucks for in game money? GTA:O instantly got much more enjoyable for me and friends now that we could actually enjoy the fun shit in the game.
>>
>>342787019
>how do you guys feel about cheating in games

Stopped reading there
>>
>>342795061
you read the whole fucking thing you retard
>>
Is cheating to fast forward grinding acceptable?
>>
>>342793845
this. as long as he acknowledges it then who cares
>>
>>342787019
I only cheat in games where I've done every possible thing and completed them twice or more

I get swiftly bored and move on.

I have never cheated in a multiplayer game though and never will. What's the point
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.