[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the greatest horror game ever and why is it silent Hill 4?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5
File: Sh4_ps2_us_01.jpg (85 KB, 640x427) Image search: [Google]
Sh4_ps2_us_01.jpg
85 KB, 640x427
What's the greatest horror game ever and why is it silent Hill 4?
>>
That's not Siren 1.
>>
File: SH PC Guide - Jan 2016 sml.png (2 MB, 1300x3453) Image search: [Google]
SH PC Guide - Jan 2016 sml.png
2 MB, 1300x3453
>>342780574
that's not SH1, but I appreciate seeing people who don't outright bash SH4.

Anyway, you people want a Silent Hill thread?
Can't really do much else myself, than recommend giving the original games by Team-Silent a shot if you're into horror / well written stories & good music, and repost this neat SH PC Guide + the DL links to teh games :

SH1 NTSC DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!bVUCTJzD!PmnPw4S7fWGyvTjw9S0-RQdk7rRp2BQNuXJqRkZCZvk

SH2 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!rFcj1SIJ!47JH9M4OrzmQKuaiJ6IqUgmgz_SVNtk4LIYNSa-D-_8

SH2 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!bYcEnbhC!rYnhvcJiRC46T6yExS0Y61JHZ-5N3WxFvfZMI8xbyhE

SH3 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!2JNkgJ7b!nfPf5cIs6I5K-sdAs7RcnHvGA2hAvIGdpQuIoBhF3iE

SH3 torrent:
https://mega.nz/#!GVVGRLpD!SyklVbuLIkc38ZYji5QL3sWHKtHt9-Bto700My8pH7c

SH4 DDL:
https://mega.nz/#!Us1XTaII!cglH0dZOaH5yQEm4cnEh3eyUz4bIf6rACQqcVzkb4Hc

Mount the ISOs of 2 & 3, and then run their installers like always.
The SH1 is a PS1 rip that you gotta emulate.
The "sh2proxy" fix works as a no-cd crack as well, and is included in the pack.

In case you experience issues saving the game / not being able to edit the disp.ini, make sure the files aren't set to "Read Only", and run the game as Administrator.
If SH2 gets stuck in a black screen upon launch, close it and re-start it again.
>>
>>342781447
here's the recommended emulator settings for SH1. Works great on all other games too.

The plugins used are:
Pete's OpenGL 1.78; has more options & better performance than 2.x versions.
Eternal's SPU Engine.

alternatively just use a software renderer for very 1:1 PS1-like graphics, including 240p only.
...OR just buy the game from PSN Store for few bucks.
>>
>>342780715
Siren games suck ass compared to Silent Hill.
It's a shame though, I love the idea and looks, but can't stand the gameplay, the english dub, and the TV Series design.

I gave 1 and 2 a decent shot, and beat Blood Curse.
>>
File: a true wiedzmin.png (432 KB, 610x885) Image search: [Google]
a true wiedzmin.png
432 KB, 610x885
>>342781447
Glad to see you in every thread, anon, there's barely any working links for the PC version of the game and I want as many people as possible ot experience SH.
>>
File: sh1-3.png (679 KB, 987x377) Image search: [Google]
sh1-3.png
679 KB, 987x377
>>342782003
Glad to see people appreciate my effort, broski!
And yeah, these games being literally buried underground these days, and the "HD" "Collection" being the irredeemable piece of wet turd it is, with Konami literally not caring about anything but Pachinko machines anymore to boot ... I'd say it's OK and well deserved to spread the love towards these nowadays under-appreciated games on our own.

I personally replay SH1 and 2 almost annually. I can't seem to get enough of them.
>>
>>342782445
>>342781447

THANK YOU SO MUCH, DEAR ANON.

I'LL PLAY IT RIGHT NOW.

keep up the good work.
>>
Incredible game, underrated. The atmosphere in the apartment was genuinely terrifying to walk around and interact with.

I thought the backtracking was tedious, but it didn't detract too much from how enjoyable the game was overall. It had a really unique feel to it and I never understood the hate towards it.

Favourite bits:

>looking through the front door / window at new developments / characters / letters that came through
>how the apartment slowly gets more and more fucked up
>wondering where the hole will take you next
>ghosts hard as fuck to kill and one of the scariest SH enemies
>prison stage
>>
I really need to give 4 another chance. Im kind of a pussy for horror games and the invincible ghosts kinda did me in. When i got to the backtracking part I put it down. I really liked how in a traditional horror game you always have a 'safe base'. In this game your room becomes more and more hostile each time you come back, youd rather be in the level than at your base. No where is safe! Loved that about it.
>>
Oh, OP, if your playing 4, play the console versions or the emulated version on PC. The PC version got a REALLY bad port and end result is not worth the trouble patching it up. They ported the PS2 version.
>>
>>342782445
God bless you anon keep posting those links

I am always at work on my phone when you post them and then I forge when I get home.

One of these days I'll finally download them ;_;7
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.