[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this series worth getting into?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3
File: hack.jpg (280 KB, 650x450) Image search: [Google]
hack.jpg
280 KB, 650x450
Is this series worth getting into?
>>
no it wasnt very good when it came out now it's trash
>>
>>342779713
Your typical shonen anime.

Colorful characters.
Ridiculous monologues on fate and destiny.
JRPG grinding.
Excellent music from Sagisu.

If that appeals to you then jump right on in.

Very little else that's unique about it though.
>>
Its the prototype of single player offline MMO style games. In my opinion they get progressively worse past the first.
>>
>>342780416
>>342780426
I just remember the anime that aired on Adult Swim back in the day and these games have a sort of FFXII-vibe so I'm just kinda curious about them, may give the first one a try on the emulator.
>>
>>342779713
Meh, each game is a huge time sink which is nice if you just want to kill some time, but there are way better games you could play so. . . .

I still played the first 4 and watched the anime.
>>
>>342780710
If you haven't seen absolutely everything in FFXII yet, I recommend you just emulate that game instead.

It emulates pretty beautifully and the game's pretty solid. Miles better than anything you'll see in a .hack game.
>>
>>342780192
this is one of those series people get nostalgic about and then revisit only to be let down

i think they are just nostalgic for playing runescape and watching the anime
>>
Yes. The original quadrilogy in particular has solid worldbuilding and character focus.The music is also gorgeous. It has a lot of that extra detail and world focus that CC2 always puts into their games. Just know that the gameplay itself is pretty meh. CC2 can't into gameplay.
>>
File: kill.jpg~c200.jpg (9 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
kill.jpg~c200.jpg
9 KB, 200x200
>>
Honestly no. The games are very very very bad gameplay wise and while you won't get the same effect of them just reading about them its the better thing to do.
.hack //sign is very good though albeit very slow with not a whole lot happening so it's not for everyone.
>>
>>342779713
If you like JRPGs and huge time sinks, they're pretty good.
>>
>quadrilogy
Aged horribly gameplay wise. Ita a menu-selector simulator. Stpry and feel are great though. Gets worse by 3rd installment
>g.u.
Pretty good. Gets MUCH better on third installment, but first 2 are kinda a slog to get through.
>>
>>342779713
If you have the nostalgia for it, go ahead.
Since it's an old PS2 game it'll feel a bit clunky.
>>342780710
Even compared to FF12.

It's an action RPG, so it'll be a bit different.
The G.U. games are less clunky, but are a little bit different and take place in a newer version of The World. So there'll be a bit of a disconnect from SIGN. The people in SIGN show up in the quadrilogy though.
If you don't feel like looking up the supplementary stuff in between the timeskip Actual spoiler: the MC of G.U. is the kid who played Sora with amnesia.
>>
>>342782149
this

>>342779713
yes
>>
If you liked the series sure
>>
File: 1443127641551.jpg (106 KB, 500x588) Image search: [Google]
1443127641551.jpg
106 KB, 500x588
>>342779713
I don't know why everyone here is saying you NEED hard nostalgia goggles to enjoy this.

Story-wise, the world of .hack is really cool. If you just play the games, the story is just alright, but all the side materials give the world a lot more substance and make it more interesting, which I think is really cool.

The games themselves are kinda split. The first 4 games are REALLY janky, but if you get past that, they're fairly mechanically sound, and it gets pretty hard when you reach Outbreak.
G.U., on the other hand, has pretty amazing gameplay. Vol.3 is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Besides all this, the music is amazing, too, and the cast of characters in all games is pretty cool. I definitely recommend the series (as long as you pirate/emulate all the stuff. If you go for physical copies of the games and books and stuff, good fucking luck.).
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.