[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What happened to all the le weird and quirky games this gen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: KillerIsDead(PS3-NA).jpg (189 KB, 1080x1251) Image search: [Google]
KillerIsDead(PS3-NA).jpg
189 KB, 1080x1251
What happened to all the le weird and quirky games this gen?
>>
>>342775446
MOBAS, FPS, and Cinematic games happened.
The holy trinity of abused shit.

Youre never going to see fun hack and slash games ever again
Until Bayonetta 3 on the NX
>>
>>342775446
Nip devs don't have enough money to make AAA games anymore
>>
>>342775446

If you payed attention you would notice that the number of devs and games per year shrinks each gen.
>>
>>342775446
same reason we don't get movie licensed games anymore
devs like THQ and people who make quirky stuff just can't sell to normies anymore who just buy cod and fifa
>>
>>342778265
>same reason we don't get movie licensed games anymore

damn, i didnt even realize this
>>
As game budgets have bloated due to the obsession with graphics fidelity, game designers are forced to make safer games that are more likely to have a guaranteed return. Thus, we lose out in terms of experimentation and unique titles.

Honestly, if the NX is underpowered it might be a blessing to some devs as it could become a haven for titles with lower budgets.
>>
>>342778974
>Honestly, if the NX is underpowered it might be a blessing to some devs as it could become a haven for titles with lower budgets.

If Nintendo plays their cards right, they can be a far better haven than Steam for indies as well
>>
They're indie now.
>>
>>342778265
>devs like THQ and people who make quirky stuff just can't sell to normies anymore
they can't sell anymore because they're closed, THQ no longer exists
>>
File: Semen Vampire.webm (3 MB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
Semen Vampire.webm
3 MB, 1280x800
There were like zero KID reviews where the reviewer didn't axe a significant chunk of the score because of the omg rapey creepy wow ugh I can't even :( :( :( gifting minigame that was also OPTIONAL at best
>>
>>342779382
this, AAA bloated budgets have gotten to where devs have to go with what sells
>>
>>342778974
>a haven for titles with lower budgets
Like the Wii U was? Like the Wii was? At best it invites shovelware.
>>
>>342775446
There are still some in Nipland but they know it would fail in the west cause it's not AAA and marketed heavily
>>
>>342780276
The Wii part I agree with
But wasn't one of the reasons why the WiiU didn't have much third party support due to the fact that the dev kit was only in Japanese?
>>
File: 1464845524061-v.png (137 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1464845524061-v.png
137 KB, 500x500
>>342778265
>THQ
;_;
>>
>>342780276
More like how the 3DS is.
>largest modern quality gaming library
>>
>>342778265
>can't sell to normies anymore
>anymore
they never could. the vidyas you are referring to are the ones we miss, that we used to buy and play before normies invaded the hobby
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.