[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Buying one for exclusives Digital only or physical?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: PS4-00.jpg (148 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
PS4-00.jpg
148 KB, 1920x1080
Buying one for exclusives

Digital only or physical?
>>
digital only
>downloads take longer than inserting a disk, and can take a day+ if you have shit internet
>but it's more convenient after the initial download and you don't have to worry about disks breaking

disc only
>sentimental value of physically owning something
>better if you have shit internet
>can resell them
>but they can break/you can lose them/etc and you'll have to buy them again
>it can be annoying to constantly change disks

It just depends on what you want
>>
>>342772726
I prefer physical for full priced games, if it's <$15-20 I don't really care.

I've got a 2TB hard drive in my PS4.
>>
https://youtu.be/3OP0tgY4vmM
If you install an SSD in a PS4, you can dramatically reduce load times. So that's a huge plus if you download all your games.
>>
physical
you can usually get it cheaper too. I mean the only place you can buy digital is the PS4 store, right? Physical you can find everywhere

One advantage to digital though is that you can trade your PS4 for a friend's and play all your own digital games plus all their digital games while logged into their console as a guest account (and they can do the same with your console)
so basically you can share games, but its pretty inconvenient if you dont see the other person like every day
>>
>>342773194
>So that's a huge plus if you download all your games.
Not really, PS4 games are huge and you will be forced to re-download them regularly if you have a bunch of them.

I've only got maybe 800GB free on my 2TB drive due to all the flash sale games.
>>
physical.

i dont know what it is but people are selling used ps4 games for next to nothing on craigslist
>>
>>342773363
He's only using his PS4 for exclusives though. A terabyte should be enough to hold all the worthwhile exclusives on PS4.
>>
>>342772726
I have physical and my harddrive is just as full. If you ever plan on selling the game, or simply do not want to be tied to the same account forever, go physical.

As for exclusives only, those are becoming fewer and fewer with time.
>>
>>342772726
>Buying one for exclusives

Don't forget to bend over and grab your ankles too.
>>
>>342773546
That's a fair point, but I still wouldn't recommend an SSD in a PS4 because it's still only got SATA2 and a 1TB SSD costs more than a PS4.

A 1TB 7200RPM drive will be faster than the stock PS4 hard drive and they're the price of a physical game approximately.
>>
>>342773402
Normies are bailing. It's pants on head retarded for Sony and Microsoft to make newer versions of consoles, when people are sick of the lack of good games.
>>
>>342773731
1tb SSDs are $200 and 500gb can be $110, at least here on Amazon in burgerland. But yeah, a 7200 rpm 1tb HDD is probably the best upgrade in terms of price/performance.
>>
>>342774167
I honestly didn't realize SSDs had gotten that cheap, but I still wouldn't recommend one for the PS4. For now mechanical drives are the best value for consoles because of how big games are on the PS4 and Xbox One. Fucking Halo 5 is like 75GB after all the patches.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.