[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fcNJ4Mqt fFs Do you think game p
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1
File: images(4).jpg (8 KB, 392x112) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
8 KB, 392x112
http://youtube.com/watch?v=fcNJ4MqtfFs

Do you think game publishers will start to crack down on this?
>>
>>342771397
Like piracy
>>
>>342771397
They can't. It is the new piracy.
>>
>>342771397
Probably.
>>
>>342771397
Just like Disney I'd with all the knock off Chinese children movies? Or like Samsung did with the knock off sanswei tvs? Or like Apple dis with the knockoff iPhones? Or like Starbucks did with Starbucks? Or like rolls Royce did with the Gelly Gee?
Bigger companies have spent literally billions trying and failed. A bunch of indie devs aren't going to do shit about this problem but get their vagina all sandy.
No one is doing shit to China anytime soon. It's like trying to do something about trolling on 4chan. You're pissing in an ocean of piss
>>
>>342771397
They will probably start trying to work with them.
Like RetailMeNot.
>>
>>342771397
Nope
>>
>>342771397
New piracy
>>
Wait how is it the new piracy. This isnt free
>>
>>342772941
ok it is the digital distribution of used games
>>
>new piracy
it's worse than piracy though, those keys are stolen.

your paying for stolen goods/keys instead of just getting a copy of it for free.
>>
>>342773009
Better metaphor.
>>
They're just going to stop selling game keys, from now on all games will be tied to an account. That way people can't buy keys with a stolen credit card and then sell them.
>>
>>342772104
G2A is China-based?
>>
>>342773434
Yeah this

You're gonna kill the actually legit key sellers people and then we'll pay full price for everything
>>
>>342773665
it sits in china like all the other key stores that operate in a similar fashion

Kinguin, MMOGA and there is probably more
>>
>>342773792
All the resellers are china

The stores like cdkeys (dubai) and nuuvem (brazil) are just places where suppliers get games real cheap
>>
>>342773792
Ah I thought it's from Russia. Yeah, no wonder no one's touching them, China doesn't give a fuck

Honestly my only problem with these reselers are the shady stolen keys
>>
I'm just semi-pirating my way into the official servers.

Fuck wherever the money goes.
>>
So when I buy from these guys i'm stealing for real?
>>
>>342774683
Yeah, you're riding with Hitler.
>>
>>342774683
You probably bought a stolen goods, yeah
>>
>>342771397
What evidence does this guy even have? "OH well I heard that they do this so it must be true" Whose to say that? Who knows that the key sellers are actually doing this? Have devs ever come out and said "Yeah this is a big issue in the gaming industry"

I'm asking genuinely, I want to know.
>>
>>342774683
Basically downloading a car, yes
>>
>>342774683
yes you gas the jews
>>
>>342772104
>Starbucks did with Starbucks
I think you mean Sambucks.
>>
>>342774683
How it works is that it's supposed to be for people who have extra game keys and don't want them can sell them. People are exploiting that by using stolen credit cards to buy a bunch of game keys and then sell them on G2A for a huge discount before its found out that the keys are bought with stolen credit cards and the banks ask for a refund. So you can play dumb and hope you're getting a legitimate key, but you're probably not.
>>
I got overwatch for 30 dollars on cdkeys because no way in hell am I paying 40 for a 30 dollar game.
>>
>>342774848
iirc the only devs that have a beef with them are Riot, e.g. they were too "toxic"
>>
>>342771397
They will do it like publishers did to crack down on used games.
>>
>>342771397
>posting clickbait shitty vlogger e-celeb horseshit youtube links

Kill yourself.
>>
>>342774210
fuck off levelcap, you get cheap games
>>
>>342771397
One minute in and the retard already contradicted himself.
1:10
>So let's say you buy a new card and it comes with a game you already have
>And you sell the code, and you get a bit of coin, someone out there gets a cheap game, and the developer already got paid with their deal with AMD, but that is not the whole story...

The imbecile ignores the fact that someone ALREADY had bought the game! Everything went exactly as it should, or is the guy assuming the game the owner of the card got was generated out of thin air?

I am willing to hear more, but from someone who is not an idiot, is there a good article about it? Reminds me of the time a group of retarded publishers said the USED market was worse than piracy. This really strikes me as just mere greed, trying to put a tight hold on a market they already control.

>Well pirates gonna pirate, I guess we better shake paying consumers for more pennies.

Fuck them.
>>
>>342775401
It is an informative video though, no stupid jokes or annoying voice.
>>
>>342775545
Who?

Anyway, it's just my conscience talking, man.
>>
>>342771397
If I were a developer/publisher I'd secretly sell thousands and thousands of keys to G2A resellers for cheap like half the price because people are going to buy them on G2A anyways, and keys are an infinite resource like all other digital goods. Then I still sell my game on steam and I have steam money + G2A money, especially since the steam people probably don't use / know about G2A so it's not like I'm giving 90% of my consumerbase a cheaper option they didn't already know about.
>>
>>342775631
No, it most certainly it is not.
It is pretty much viral shilling, an attempt that is trying to make peple who buy keys feel bad, over corporate greed, because they cannot stop it.

Much like region locking, attacking key sites is an attempt to artificially inflate prices.
>>
>>342775557
>but that is not the whole story...
That usually means you should keep listening, but why do that if you already have enough straw for your strawman?
>>
>>342776114
>it's not like I'm giving 90% of my consumerbase a cheaper option they didn't already know about.

This, steam forums are super tight. You get banned over any insinuation.
No to mention that GREY market sites do drive people away under the danger of actually getting jackshit, and it is not like they are drasticaly cheaper. You do save money over time.

I would not be shocked if this was the case. The discount might even be based on the comission steam gets off every sale.
>>
How does Steam get paid for steam keys sold on third party sites? They have to shoulder the cost of distribution bandwidth, so where do they get paid for it?
>>
It's funny how the people who get scammed on G2A uses its subreddit like it was their customer service site.

And there's a LOT of people who get scammed.
>>
>>342776334
Because that is like starting a video with a food analogy.

I am willing to hear this argument, but not from a source who already has a bias. You would need to be a retard to keep listening. Might as well link to polygon while you are at it.
>>
>>342776502
I suppose letting people redeem their keys on steam gives more reason to use steam and brings in new users.
>>
>indy shills trying to meme muh g2a is evil into existence

yea kill yourself. no one wants your pixel bullshit.
>>
>>342776502
I am assuming it is part of a contract for the service, since for many games STEAM is literally the only official source for the game given developers also use steamworks as it doubles as a DRM service.

Not to mention the game needs to be on sale there too, it also works for valve because it causes people to use their service which also manages its own brand of advertising, and sales. I.E you convert the customer of a product into a Steam costumer.

Regrdless where the game came from at the end someone had to paid steam in some form.
>>
>>342776114
No, you do not understand. This is already what G2A threatens indie devs with. They will not offer any support unless they partner with G2A about stolen keys. So it's a lose-losealot situation to devs. Both are cancerous.

It's not you being smart, it's you getting cucked by their plans being way ahead of yours.
>>
>>342776652
He just used that as an example to explain what key reselling is, you turboseprg
>>
>>342771397
Like used games
>>
>>342771397
To be honest, I buy key codes, A LOT, I use G2A, and I don't feel bad about it.

I have used it to buy PS4 credit, Xbox credit and subscriptions, steam games and even warframe platinum at some point.

I do this because I don't agree with the pricing on new releases, AAA Publishers expect people to pay $60 for the base game + DLC, priced at around $30, that is an insane amount considering how beneficial digital distribution services have become and how mainstream gaming has become overall.

If the publishers don't want me to get a stolen key for $40 then price your games better, you can say, "well, then people are going to buy stolen keys at $30", Well, I personally wouldn't. Netflix, has stopped me from pirating movies, HBO GO has stopped me from pirating TV shows, Steam has stopped me from pirating about 300 games, and I guess it isn't that wrong to buy xbox cards from g2a as the developers/publishers get their cut anyway, Microsoft would be the one getting the short end of the stick, right?

And how many "thieves" are going to a market, buying CC dumps and fencing digital goods through G2A exactly? Is it enough to hurt "the gaming industry", no it's not, c'mon.

G2A, Kinguin, CDkeys, all those sites benefit me as the consumer, and as long as they do that I'm going to keep using them.
>>
>>342771397
Yes
Thread replies: 50
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.