[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unorthodox gameplay idea
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: gameplay idea.png (1 MB, 2700x2100) Image search: [Google]
gameplay idea.png
1 MB, 2700x2100
So hear me out here, /v/. I have a crazy new idea for a kind of multiplayer game structure. Here are the basics:

>two teams
>one team has larger numbers, faster respawn, higher agility, but lower health and poor weapons
>the other team has fewer teammates, slower respawn, poor agility, but higher health and better weapons.
>each team has their own lineup of classes that still satisfy the regulations above
>that, OR, each team has their own base class, but a customizable arsenal that, again, satisfies the regulations above

This is just a wacky idea for a sort of "lop-sided team deathmatch multiplayer" game, akin to Evolve mixed with Team Fortress 2. Now, I would like to see what you guys have to say in terms of criticisms or potential improvements or tweaks. Will this new ship sink or sail?
>>
You realize this is vastly in favor of blue team right? Think of Vietnam
>>
Reminds me of that Warhammer 40K MMO they were making where the free players would have been the Ork army. I don't know if they're still doing that or even making it at his point but it sounded really fun and extremely appropriate for the setting.
>>
>>342771364
that image looks like Rising Storm 2
>>
>>342771364
So l4d?
>>
>>342771364
I've got a pretty out-there idea for a multiplayer game, myself.
There are two teams of sixteen players each, with half of the players having limited mobility options.
One team has the advantage of being able to move first, and the only way to win is to flank the enemy commander.
>>
You could have one side supposed to lose like in some cs maps or the demo of bf 2015(but better) and team that get the less anally raped as the weak team win.
>>342771518
in Vietnam the viet congs got constantly assraped TACTICALLY but NVA(the regular army) won some battle.
>>
>>342772292
...so chess? Is that the joke? Did I get it?
>>
Company of Heroes?
>>
They are making Rising Storm 2 like that. Devs talked about vietcongs being more "nimble", whatever that means.
You can already see it in Rising Storm, with the Japs getting neat tricks like booby traps and the bazai charge.
>>
>>342772770
uhm it's spelled "bonsai"...
>>
>>342771364
So basically the Eastern front?
>>
>>342771709
It is out actually. Some people like it a lot. They are still in development, adding new races as they finish the,.
>>
File: Concerned Dong.gif (1 MB, 300x223) Image search: [Google]
Concerned Dong.gif
1 MB, 300x223
>>342773258
>the,.
>>
>>342773426
Anon said more than he was supposed to.
RIP in peace anon.
>>
>>342773258
Hey man are you all right? I really hope you didn't say his na
>>
>>342773243
the germans in horses and the commies in american trucks
>>
So depth or evolve with multiple monsters?
>>
>>342773681
wait, did you hear tha
>>
>Dangerous, elite, few troops wear stahlhelms
>Average, plucky, everyman troops wear tommy helmets

I'm tired of this meme.
>>
History has proven that Team Blue would always win.
>>
>>342771364
Idea's interesting but why would anyone want to pick the blue team?
From a pure gameplay standpoint red is the better option becourse you'll get more playtime per game if the teams are equally matched.
I think rising storm kinda had the right approach to it where both sides just have different gimmicks, japs having the boobytraps, charges and knee mortar whereas americans get superior weaponry all around.
>>
>>342771364
So SPESS MAHREENS vs Orks like they're doing in Eternal Crusade.
>>
>>342774638
Can you provide better helmet ideas?
>>
>>342774638
>stahlhelms
Those are cleary pickelhaubes
>>
>>342771364
This would be neat with a star wars skin.

Imperials are Red, Rebel Alliance is Blue
>>
Red team camps a bottle neck
gg ez
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.