[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>let's turn our franchise into something entirely different
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3
File: ancientfuckinghipster.jpg (164 KB, 2000x1000) Image search: [Google]
ancientfuckinghipster.jpg
164 KB, 2000x1000
>let's turn our franchise into something entirely different because its trendy and it'll make us millions cause who gives a fuck about continuation hahaah
>>
>>342762835
I've never played this game, but i'll probably play this version. are you mad?
>>
GoW was always just DMC for retards, so its a welcome change
>>
>>342762835

Welcome to every video game series over time. Except Dragon Quest which still has the core team after 30 years. But you can bet that once Yuji Horii dies, that series will also be milked to death like Final Fantasy is.
>>
>>342762835
>once a game does something, all other games in the franchise must be the exact same thing over and over

Fucking kill yourself.
>>
>>342763445
Now it's just TLOU for retards, it's a bit redundant, but the point still stands.
>>
>>342763445
Changing it to film for regards is a welcome change? I don't see how that can be. God if War did a lot wrong, but it had a lot if nice things too. The mythology was nice, the enemies and epic backdrops.

Now it does nothing right.
>>
>implying you didn't think GOW was stale as fuck by the time Ascension came out
>implying another GOW rehash wouldn't have been :rolleyes: city

Name one person who ACTUALLY wanted another GOW game in the same old shitty style to be shown at E3. You can't.
>>
>>342763627
Said the guy who didn't play the game.
>>
>>342763445
>DMC poster in every thread
Youre not wrong, but hey hows your franchise doing?
>>
>>342763697
>muh third person shooter with ladder finding puzzles

So intellectual
>>
>>342763685
A change to better gameplay would have been nice. Especially with Norse. A change go cinematic 10 minutes if walking shit fucking isn't wanted. Button mashing is so much better it's unreal.
>>
>>342763958
You don't know that the whole game will play like the tutorial section.
>>
>>342763581
This tbqh famalam
>>
>>342762835
> Its ok when Zelda does it
>>
Can you blame them though? It has nearly 10 million views on jewtube. Every game journalist has talked about how, for once, they care what happens to Kratos.

This game will sell more than anything else shown at E3 this year.
>>
A new God of War would have sold well anyway. Not sure why they needed to change it so much.
>>
>>342763928
I didn't see any ladders in the trailer.
>>
The thing that bothers me about this game is that the original God of War games already had a cinematic feel without turning everything into a scripted corridor.

We only saw a teaser though so it could turn out good still.
>>
>>342764395
I know, even less gameplay in this one. Fuck, nice observation.
>>
>>342762835
People were burnt out on GoW.

The last game didn't sell all that well.
>>
>>342762835
HAHAHAHAHA NIGGA WHY U SO MAD THO? IT'S A FUCKING VIDEO GAME HAHAHAHA IT DOESN'T CHANGE YOUR LIFE, FAGGOT. GO TO SCHOOL HAHAHA
>>
File: worried.png (514 KB, 520x678) Image search: [Google]
worried.png
514 KB, 520x678
>Kratos flees Greece after having plunged it into utter chaos
>Settles down in the north, gets a family going again
>This new family is again killed due to the gods of the realm
>And so the cycle repeats itself
>>
File: 1333443986277.jpg (851 KB, 1536x1751) Image search: [Google]
1333443986277.jpg
851 KB, 1536x1751
>The old games were getting stale, so we decided to make the new one a movie instead of a game
>Press X to kill a giant
>10/10 what a masterpiece so deep much story wow
>>
>>342764331
Nah, Ascension sold like shit.
>>
>>342764861
>Judging all of the combat based on a few fights that take place during the tutorial for the game
>>
>>342764861
>Press X to kill a giant

Just like the old games then.
>>
>>342764016
I know that it being in the game at all is enough of a red flag for me to never touch it.
>>
>>342764936
Tutorial? It's literally just QTEs in corridors.
>>
>>342765118
Yes, like a tutorial.
>>
>>342765118
The fight against the skeletons teaches you how to attack and dodge, the fight against the frost giant teaches you about the spartan rage and the boy shooting the elk with your assistance teaches you how to use the bow.

It's quite clearly a tutorial.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.