[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does this game get good? I just want another KOTOR. I just traveled
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: Mass_Effect1_poster.jpg (88 KB, 280x410) Image search: [Google]
Mass_Effect1_poster.jpg
88 KB, 280x410
Does this game get good?

I just want another KOTOR. I just traveled to the first non-hostile area where there are a bunch of different alien races, so I'm pretty early in the game. I'm not having much fun desu. Does it get better?
>>
No. I hated it. Don't get me wrong, some of the world building was stellar. The alien races are really cool and its often interesting to interact. Even some if the locations are interesting.

Unfortunately the game us a bit ugly and its just really nasty to play. Its stiff and horrible. It's not quite enough RPG or Shooter. it isn't nearly as bad as Fallout like that, but it's certainly a flaw.

It's a serious shame that it isn't enjoyable to play.
>>
I personally enjoyed 2 a lot more, it's much more polished even if the plot isn't as grand.
>>
>>342753172
this, 2 was best out of all three
>>
>>342752509
>kotor
>good

pick one
>>
It gets better once you get used to the mechanics. At least that's how it was for me, I got to noveria before fully understanding the leveling system and all that.
>>
>>342752509
It's enjoyable but far from perfect.
If you liked KOTOR, you'll like this.
It's basically KOTOR in space.
>>
>>342753620
>It's basically KOTOR in space.

Well, you know what I mean
>>
File: 1457977753934.png (39 KB, 321x322) Image search: [Google]
1457977753934.png
39 KB, 321x322
>>342753620
>KOTOR in space
>>
>>342752509
Yeah I'd say it gets really good.

I loved ME1, 2 was okay 3 was bad
>>
You're still in the intro. Once you get your ship and try zooming ariund between planets, then decide if you want to keep playing.
>>
>>342753378
NWN 1 and 2 > KOTOR 1 and 2
>>
I loved ME1 ten years ago but it hasn't aged well. At the time it was something impressive and it's still one of your only choices for a space opera RPG.

Honestly as much as I hate Bioware now Andromeda looks to be an updated interpretation of the first game. Might just want to wait and check that out.

>>342753620
>KOTOR in space

I swear to Christ I've seen this exact post before.
>>
File: image.jpg (12 KB, 140x140) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
12 KB, 140x140
>>342753620
>KOTOR in space

Can I have what you're having?
>>
>>342752509
You're in the Citadel for the first time. It's about a 10-15 min slog of suffering before you get to the actual game. Don't force yourself to play it if you don't want to, but it does get a lot better once you're on your ship and doing shit.
>>
>>342752509
1>2>3
After 1 they pretty much trim all rpg elements and makes it a cover shooter ala gears of war especially if you try do it on insanity, but 1 does still have that early 2000 bioware feel and it was there last good game
>>
>>342753861
>>342757679
This

The RPG elements in 1 were stripped and replaced with a casual UI and rpg elements. ME1 is the best ME.
>>
>>342752509
don't get caught up in the sidquests on the Citadel, you'll be there for 5 hours if you try to do them all, and you can come back whenever you want. just follow your main quest log until you get your ship.
>>
Not really.

2 and 3 are even worse. Far worse.
>>
>>342752509
Not really.
As much as this place praises ME1, it is kind of dull. Especially the side quests and exploring. Just stick to the main question and the game can be finished in like 9 hours.
>>
>>342752509

Once you get your ship and become space James Bond it gets better, all that other stuff is prelude. I would say play through about half of it before putting it down, because if you do end up liking it you most likely will REALLY like it.

1 is the biggest chore gameplay-wise, once you get to the second one it becomes much better in that regard.

I was a huge fan of 1 and 2, 3 is the biggest gaming disappointment in history. So if you go into it knowing that it might soften the blow a bit.
>>
>>342752509
Maybe. I mean, some parts are pretty dull and the only hype part is the very last two missions.
2 is better in that regard, 3 doesn't make much sense and tries too hard to get a response from you but gets a few moments right.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.