[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Boktai thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7
File: boktai-sun-is-in-your-hand-1.jpg (138 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
boktai-sun-is-in-your-hand-1.jpg
138 KB, 1024x768
Gather around /v/ and let me tell you a tale about boy, not just any boy but a solar boy, who vanquishes his enemies using the power of the sun. When faced with a fearsome foe, this solar boy would raise his solar gun into the air and yell at the top of his lungs.
>TAIYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOUU!!

How about it /v/? Can you yell "Taiyou" as loud as you can?
Also does anyone still have those links to various Boktai related things going from the last great Boktai thread we had a awhile ago?
>>
>>342742167
don't have the link, but I'm boktaibro will show up if the thread survives long enough.
>>
OP here forgot the link to the soundtrack for Bokai - East of the Sun, West of the Moon

https://mega.nz/#!n1EXTJjD!qXmslDr8zhSfjpquhoFBDHPkWtqCyk0LCfWLrqopSWI
>>
>loved the art and gameplay
>absolutely hated being outside and clarity in general

Being an edgy kid was suffering.
>>
>>342742167
I played through the whole series recently. Overall I liked it, but it was just a bit short of being great and felt like it had to re-invent itself constantly

>First game is the only one where stealth actually matters but is ruined by the insanely simplistic combat, the huge amount of item drops that make it impossible to lose, no RPG elements and the game being 80% filler

>Second game fixes a lot of the stuff from the first game and is a lot better but now there's no solar gun. Also you have to go into the menu every 10 seconds to swap between abilities

>Third game brings back solar gun but has the opposite problem of the first game where too much of it is cutscene and there's little actual game

and then lunar knights made it more of a pure action game instead of a weird metal gear zelda castlevania hybrid but the combat is still really simple like the other games, it has a terrible touch screen shump minigame you have to keep doing and it ends on a cliffhanger
>>
>>342744708
didn't lunar knights get a sequel? maybe it never came out in NA
>>
File: 4367457.gif (7 KB, 256x240) Image search: [Google]
4367457.gif
7 KB, 256x240
>>342744365
I really loved the art too. Its so simple yet charming. Wonder if the Boktai series got an artbook like the Battle Network games did.
>>
>>342742167

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQGpuxWdC5w

>konami logo
>back when they were making games and not pachinko
>the trailer starts
>it's a hot summer tranquil day
>time to play some melee
>friend come in shilling a new kojima game with a unique concept

everytime i watch this trailer i cry for like five different reason
>>
i beat both games as a kid.
what bothered me was the fact that if you didn't listen to a bunch of useless AI you would be lost.
>>
How would these games work if Nintendo put them on the VC?
>>
>tfw django wanted to give doomy the d
>>
>>342746742

that would never happen because nintendo is lame as fuck but there is a patch that let you control the sun sensor if you play with an emulator

for the best results, try to not cheat and stop playing when it becomes night
>>
>>342744708
>have to go into the menu
YOU KNOW YOU COULD JUST USE THE QUICK SWITCH, RIGHT?
Also
GODDAMN I AM SO FUCKING SICK OF THESE CLICK STORES CAPTCHAS
JUST LET ME TYPE IN NUMBERS AGAIN GODDAMN
>>
>>342747493
Easy way around that would be to just use the Wii U's clock.
>>
>>342742167
I played the first one ages ago and got stuck on those number puzzles in the moon base and never went back
>>
File: 5468513.jpg (222 KB, 1023x723) Image search: [Google]
5468513.jpg
222 KB, 1023x723
>>342745996
Nah, there were only 4 games in the series. 1,2,3, and Lunar Knights. Plus a butt load of crossover/cameo's.

>>342746742
They would probably have to patch it like the rom. Didn't scare them from patching in all the serect chips in the Battle Network games. Since there's more buttons they would probably have more options too.
>>
File: 1458095463086.png (34 KB, 117x146) Image search: [Google]
1458095463086.png
34 KB, 117x146
>mfw no new Boktai/Lunar Knights game ever
>>
>>342742167
Fucking great series
>>
>dat jazzy ost
http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/lunar_knights/america/index.html

Man Lunar Knights might not have been as good as the first 3 games but damn did it have an awesome ost.
>>
File: 3653465488.jpg (54 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
3653465488.jpg
54 KB, 600x600
Posting most styling vampire.
>>
TE NO HIRO WO TAIYOU NI
>>
File: ppw01_05.gif (23 KB, 210x253) Image search: [Google]
ppw01_05.gif
23 KB, 210x253
I heard these things could over heat and burn up. Was that true?
>>
I'm the only person in the UK who actually knew of it's existence. Yes, I used to wait till summer to play it.
>>
>>342752960
I live in a sunny desert mountain area, and the in-game bar was easily maxed out. Played 1&2 as close to 100% as I could and mine still worked fine last time I used them.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.