[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
dolphin doesn't detect my ps3 controller anymore. I was
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5
File: dolphin.png (114 KB, 2048x2048) Image search: [Google]
dolphin.png
114 KB, 2048x2048
dolphin doesn't detect my ps3 controller anymore. I was literally just playing a game with it and restarted dolphin and now it no longer detects my controller. My pc recognizes it just fine. wtf is going on. I reinstalled dolphin, re-installed drivers for the controller, restarted PC, tried a different USB port. When I go to the configure controller screen and select XInput/0/Gamepad for the device from the dropdown and hit default it just automatically switches back to the keyboard being the selected device.
>>
>>342741917
DS3 controller isn't an xinput controller, its a directinput controller. If dolphin doesn't support directinput, you need to use SCP server or Xinput wrapper to emulate your DS3 as a 360 controller.
>>
>>342742264
I wonder what percentage of the population can figure out what you just said.
>>
>>342742392
100% of PC gamers who aren't retarded
>>
retard delete config file
>>
>>342742392
Not the retarded ones. I don't use dolphin, nor game pads, but I understood what he is talking about.
>>
>>342742264
my PC recognizes it as a 360 controller
>>
>>342741917
you know reinstalling dolphin or overriding the directory doesn't get rid of your profile configuration files since it's still going to be in your user folder
>>
>>342743453
I deleted all folders associated with dolphin. I know the profiles were gone because when I reinstalled them there were none in the dropdown.
>>
>>342742392
Are you fucking stupid?

>Set your controller through a 360 controller emulator

Its not even that fucking hard to understand.
>>
>>342745684
that doesn't solve my problem. My PC already recognizes it as one. I was playing games with it no problem but now the device dropdown is not able to detect any new devices. even if I unplug my keyboard or controller it still appears in the dropdown.
>>
oh you fucking retard, download some portable version (so basically dev version) and create a text file named portable.txt in the folder with rest of the shit
>>
File: gsgf.png (22 KB, 563x307) Image search: [Google]
gsgf.png
22 KB, 563x307
>>342746582
here, example image, I'm using ishiiruka but shouldn't matter
>>
Just get a GameCube adapter and a dolphin bar
Don't emulate games with controllers that didn't come with the system you're emulating
>>
>>342746582
>>342746753
oh and name it just portable, not portable.txt
>>
File: dsg.png (19 KB, 771x255) Image search: [Google]
dsg.png
19 KB, 771x255
>>342746753
actually here's with the newest official dev build
>>
>>342746582
>>342746753
>>342747145
what the fuck are you talking about? what's in that text file? how does that explain how dolphin just all of a sudden stopped recognizing a controller?
>>
>>342748389
>what's in that text file?

nothing obviously since you create it

it makes it completely portable in that all configs are self contained, the configs you failed to delete won't interact with it at all
>>
>>342748660
I just tried that. Developer version doesn't detect any controller at all. even with that text file.
>>
>>342749291
so you created a text file named

portable

and in result it wanted you to config everything again (like find game destination folder again etc.)?
>>
File: fafd.png (20 KB, 747x390) Image search: [Google]
fafd.png
20 KB, 747x390
>>342749723
and you actually tried configuring the controller instead of just launching game?
>>
>>342749723
no. Now the problem is my PC isn't recognizing the controller at all. I don't fucking understand I was just playing games with it just fine an hour ago.
>>
>>342749927
Yes. That screen is where the problem is. The dropdown shows the controller but when I select it and hit 'default' or 'refresh' it de-selects the controller and goes back to the keyboard.
>>
>>342750050
I never even mess with the dropdown menu, I just configure Dlnput/0/ to the controllers I use
>>
Anyone have profiles to share for Twilight Princess?

>>342742392
retard alert
>>
>>342749943
what drivers are you using for the PS3 controller?
>>
OP HERE, SOLVED: I had to hit clear in the controller config menu, select the controller, create a profile, save the profile, clear the settings again, then manually enter each button (which wasn't working before) and somehow it magically detected my controller again. Previously I had to do none of this and it just automatically detected my controller and clicking default mapped all the buttons automatically... It appears to work now and I'm messing with graphical settings because TTYD looks like ass now.
>>
>>342741917
How do you play with a PS3 remote? It's weird with Nintendo games.
>>
>>342751369
This, I'm about to do a playthrough. Any recommended graphic settings?
>>
>>342752512
ishiiruka with SSAO and SSGI
>>
>>342741917
Did you restart your PC? I had the same problem last night, restarted it, and was fine.
>>
>>342752000
nice

if you are still using the portable version, you need to copy the save files over to it or just delete the portable... or just keep using 5.0
>>
File: #resistcapitalism.jpg (18 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
#resistcapitalism.jpg
18 KB, 400x400
>>342750050
>but when I select it and hit 'default'
are you fucking
>>
>>342753402
oh man I missed that

OP...
>>
>>342753402
>>342753484
that's what I did the first time and it worked just fine. I literally installed 5.0 for the first time, went to controller config, selected the controller from the device dropdown, hit default, and it auto mapped every button and I was playing games just fine with the controller. whats the issue?
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.