[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
PC gamepad
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3
File: common controllers.png (1 MB, 2930x450) Image search: [Google]
common controllers.png
1 MB, 2930x450
So, I'm looking to buy a nice console controller to use on PC

Which one is objectively the best?
and I'm a poorfag so think price too
>>
>>342740356
>and I'm a poorfag so think price too

wired 360 controller
>>
>>342740356
>poorfag
Either a wired Xbox 360 controller or a knock off one if you can't afford it.
>>
>>342740356
Wired Xbox 360 controller
>>
wired xbox 360 controller it just werks

plus it'll cost less then the xbone one
>>
>>342740529
this

this is the best PC controller to get, most games have xbox controller support.
>>
There is no objectively best, cause different people like different things. The Xbox controller is probably the most standard for PC and easiest to set up, I think it's mostly ok except for r1/l1 buttons. If you prefer the playstation controllers shape you can get that working on PC too.

The only other one worth mentioning is the Steam Controller since there is nothing else like it out in the market. It seems pretty good to me at least.
>>
I use a wired 360 pad because it's cheap, decent, and most controller-compatible PC games are designed around it. The D-pad is atrocious, though.
>>
>>342740356
Wired 360.
>>
I like using the ps3 controller, the xbox 360 one always felt extremely clunky to me and the D-pad sucks in my opinion
While the 360 controller is pretty much plug and play, you'll need to download Motioninjoy to get the ps3 controller to work, you can map the buttons to different keys as well as simulate ps2, ps3 and xbox 360 controllers in the menu, so it will always be compatible with whatever game you want
Wired in all cases as well
>>
>>342740730
I've tried the steam controller. It feels like a car crash for your hands, I've never held a more uncomfortable piece of shit.

That said, wired x360 controller for sure. I swear by the xbox one controller, but if price is a factor, don't bother
>>
>>342740356
Dualshock 4, you can use the touchpad to control the mouse cursor.
>>
File: flavors.png (2 MB, 1277x1500) Image search: [Google]
flavors.png
2 MB, 1277x1500
>>342740529
>>342740621
>>342740641
>>342740642
Is wired 360 really god tier or is it just the best for the price?
>>
Depending on what you're going to be playing I suggest dualshock 4 and the program ds4windows.

It sounds like a hassle having to use a program instead of just a default gamepad driver, but it works and is really configurable.

Using the track pad on the ds4 as a mouse to launch games is really comfy
>>
>>342741023
both
>>
>>342741023
The D-pad and rounded face buttons are shit, people only care about it for the stick placement.
>>
>>342741023
It's pretty good and has a reasonable price.
>>
Wireless xbone if you have W10. I loved the way my wired one felt but the micro USB cable ruins it.
>>
>>342741023
The main reason its great is because its supported by basically every game with controller support. The buttons on it fit with the prompts on screen.
>>
>>342740356
I'm going to ignore price and say
>360/one
great for racing and most other 3D games, but terrible to not very good for 2D games
>DS3/4
useable for racing and most other 3D games, but at it's best in 2D games

my suggestion is the logitech F310, but beware there's no rumble and the triggers aren't great, but it's only $25.
>>
>>342740356
360 wireless
>+great build quality
>+great battery life
>+still the de facto standard for pc games
>- God fucking aweful dpad that´s only good for switchng weapons in a shooter

DS3
>+great build quality
>+great battery life
>-strange trigger form
>+great dpad

DS4
>-bad build quality (not talking stick rubber, thats been fixed)
>-mediocre battery life
>+great dpad
>+Touchpad can be used as a mouse
>+just as compatible as 360pad with ds4windows
>>
>>342741023
I'd say Xbone controller is better because D-pad.
>>
>>342740356
360 controller but that's because of compatibility.

I play with Playstation ones, can't get into the ugly Xbox controllers. Just, no
>>
Is the Xbox One controler compatible with W10? I think I'll go for this pad.
>>
File: xbone remote.png (65 KB, 599x433) Image search: [Google]
xbone remote.png
65 KB, 599x433
>>342741545
>>342742492
Is the better d-pad worth the extra $15 compared to a used 360?
and does pic related come with a usb?
>>
>>342742931
>Is the better d-pad worth the extra $15 compared to a used 360?
no, it's still in a weird position
>and does pic related come with a usb?
I can't imagine it does, it uses AA's still
>>
I use my WiiU controller. Setting up sucks, because there is so little support for it.

Pro>X360>DSany
>>
>>342742931
>Is the better d-pad worth the extra $15 compared to a used 360?

No, the problem is not the buttons it's the positioning.

XBOX controllers are shitty as hell
>>
>>342740356
I've been using a dualshock 4 since they came out, and the only real downside is like 2 games actually recognize it on PC.
>>
>>342740356
Best controller is steam controller.
Best price/performance is wired 360 pad.
>>
>>342743304
DS4Windows
>>
Wired Xbox for a good standard controller.

I still prefer DS3 but the triggers are garbo. You trade worse triggers for better d-pad, better feel (personal pref). You'll want to rebind and swap R1/R2 and L1/L2 in most games because the DS3 is designed to use L1/R1 as the primary triggers.

DS4 is good but expensive (great d-pad on it). Haven't tried the Bone controller but it looks good too.
>>
>>342740356
>tfw I'm pretty much the only one who dislikes the 360 controller

It's just so useless since no-dpad. And the buttons feel so cheap since they are all rigid and digital.
>>
>>342741023
Only if you play modern game. If you want to emulate don't even bother with it.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.