[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Dead by Daylight
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /v/ - Video Games

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1
File: DBD_Standard_Edition.jpg (2 MB, 5851x3200) Image search: [Google]
DBD_Standard_Edition.jpg
2 MB, 5851x3200
Heard some good things about this game, is it good or is it just like evolve?
>>
>>342734549
pls respond
>>
>>342734549
>or is it just like evolve?
Well, it isn't overpriced if thats what you mean.

Its alright, pretty fun for a couple hours till you start noticing its pretty fucking bare bones and depending on the map it'll either be in favour of the killer or the survivors.
>>
>>342734549
I played during the beta and they managed to fuck it up even more than it already was. dont give those jews anything
>>
>>342734872
Is it worth to buy tho?
>>
>>342735875
If you have Payday 2 already, and enjoy asymmetrical gameplay, I'd say it's something to look investigating into. There's a static 10% discount if you already own Payday 2, so you can wait for a better discount later if they decide to do more than 10-20%. The biggest problems with the game right now are some game breaking glitches (players morphing into the walls, players unable to be grabbed if they are downed in specific areas), and the ranking system which is bringing out the absolute worst players right now.

Almost everyone is playing the game just to grind points, because they both work towards unlocks and ranking up in game, which causes people to do absolutely dumb shit (unhook players right into a bear trap because FREE POINTS FOR UNHOOKING, standing in front of a hooked player as a Wraith and cloaking over and over because +250 points for surprising the man stuck on the hook, etc.). They've already announced that they plan on fixing the other problem connected to both of these issues, which is infinite juke spots, which turns most games into an episode of Scooby Doo.

I'd honestly wait and see if $15 is too much to gamble on a game being okay.
>>
>>342735875
Personally, no. But its up too you man.

Play it for a couple hours then refund it if anything.
>>
>>342734549
The game is an interesting concept and fun for a while but survivors wind up being absolutely unkillable after they pick up a few perks, namely the infinite self-heal and the sprint burst. Killer not only struggles to kill survivors, but can still derank even after killing multiple survivors because he did it too quickly and didn't get enough points while survivors can just run circles around the killer and rank up even if they die.
>>
>>342736485
Pretty much this, OP.
>>
>>342736485
>>342737417
Thank you I will wait it out and see
>>
>>342735875
It looks like a cheaper version of the new Friday the 13th game that's coming out soon. So if I were you I'd just wait for that
>>
Dead By Daylight sounds like the name of a myspacecore band from 2008.

Interesting concept for a game tho.
>>
You can only play with friends in a private match. I instantly refunded it when I found that out.

Otherwise the game is fine. At the price its at I think it's worth.
>>
>>342738421
It's been a common complaint and theyre adding the ability to play with friends normally
>>
>>342739469

I could see why they would buckle for that but I don't know how they would balance the survivors being in constant communication. I don't think I would bother as a killer if I saw the survivors were in a party.
>>
>>342738302
It looks like it's still in alpha, but I can see some pretty different elements for both. DBD appears to be hitting the "competitive" elements while Friday is going for more cinematic and complexity. I actually think Friday will be more interesting because of how interactive the environments are, but I think DBD will still be able to hold its own if it can handle its updates correctly. If the new killers are over $5 then it's fucked.
>>
>>342740130
The only advantage communication brings is when survivors are separated, so I guess that would nullify a couple of perks. Most of the important information in the game is already displayed via HUD and auditory/visual cues, so it's more for the sake of talking to your friends. That, and you'd still be arsed trying to find a downed survivor "near a pile of cars and a flaming barrel"
>>
I really like how its difficult to rank up and easy to rank down if you mess around and have a bad game. Refreshing since in most games nowadays you can just sink time to level up.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.